Old digs new time

It had been weeks since Simon had welcomed him back into the clan and it had taken that long for his old home to begin to once again feel...well like home.

The old items he had left behind had still been right where he remembered them. It was as if they knew he would be back one day and they simply hung there, waiting silently. He had stared at them long enough to produce a frown before scooping them all up and throwing them away. The old him. That what they symbolized. It seemed like a hundred years ago that he came to Nachton and yet it had only been a few short years. It was almost depressing how in those few years he had found the many things he had been looking for that he hadn't been able to find his entire life. It figured that he wouldn't realize all this until half of it was dead and gone.

Irony was a bitch.

Delilah was finally awake and well enough to be transfered to his living space for the remainder of her healing. This was a mixed blessing. It had been great sitting by her bed side while she was unconscious and later when she had been too doped up on pain meds to do much talking. Now she would have questions and would be demanding answers.He hoped the pain pills she had now were as effective as the morphine drip in knocking her out. Only now he couldn't hit a button to put her back to sleep.

Regardless of being ready or not, it was time to 'talk' with Delilah about what had happened. He was not looking forward to it. He watched as she rolled over in his large bed and sighed to himself.

Delilah 14 years ago
Waking up was like digging through sand from the bottom upwards. Every time she thought she was finally making it to the top she was pulled back down again and had to start over. Today though, today was different. Today was the day she broke through the surface and felt the fresh air envelope her in it's cool embrace.

Unfortunately, when she opened her eyes she had no idea where she was. For a half a moment she wondered if she was dead. Was this place Heaven or Hell? Rolling over in the grey flannel sheets the first person she saw was Panos. This was a mixed blessing.

"Mom?" Delilah croaked out.

Lord, it felt like someone had turned her mouth into a litterbox it was so dry and full of lumps. She dragged her dry tongue over her lips and tried again.

"Where's my mom?"
Panos Mehalitsenos 14 years ago
He had to stifle a snort when Delilah's first words where in connection to her mother. What had he expected? She certainly wasn't going to come too and weep at his feet for saving her. Then again, she probably had no idea how close to death she had come.

Crossing the bedroom in a stride, Panos settled into the office chair that was vacant next to her bed. It was where he had sat for hours as he watched her sleep and it wasn't anymore comfortable now as it had been then. He propped his foot up on the beds frame and leaned into his fist.

"Your mother is fine. She's suffered no injuries and she thinks you've gone on a retreat. Some spa resort thing, I was convincing. The house has been sufficently cleaned and I've taken appropriate measures to secure the household. So Mrs. Bennett is safe as she can be and you need not worry."

It was true that he had cleaners come to the home the very next day to get all the...mess cleaned up. Amazingly, Tacharan had people who cleaned up other people and Panos now had Chryseis remains in a small ornate gold box. The cleaners had managed to remove all the blood off the floors without leaving a trace that there had ever been a fight. They were damn good at their jobs and he wondered had he not came a calling back to Tacharan, just who would have done such a task without involving the police. He had forgotten the perks to clansmenship.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts he focused hsi gaze on Delilah's now scowling face.
Delilah 14 years ago
What was he prattling on about? Why wasn't her mom here by her side and not at home thinking she was on some bogus vacation?

"Are you a vampire or a robot?" her voice was still hoarse and it made her question sound stronger than it really was.

Delilah looked around the careful room that was too modern to be anything but a mans room. Everything was black and grey with clean sharp lines that reeked of masculinity. This was not a familiar place, in fact she didn't have any recollection of ever being here at all. Suddenly feeling a wee bit afraid, Delilah sat up much too fast and it felt like a sledge hammer smacked into the side of her head. Crying out she brought her hand up to her head only to feel the soft gauze that wrapped around her skull. Panic welled up in her chest as scenes began to fly past her eyes and she began to recall the last real things that had happened. Diane had been at her house, and she had tried to fight her off before,...before what? She couldn't remember.

Her eyes were wide when she looked to Panos for answers. He was alive and she was alive...

"Where am I? What's happened?"
Panos turned his head quizically at her question. Had he not answered her question about her mother? Wasn't her fears soothed by knowing everything was safe back at the Bennett compound? What did have to do with being a robot?

"We are inside Tacharan's clan living quaters in my suite. This is where we live now, amongst my brothers and sisters, figuritively speaking."

He realized how utterly ridiculous that sounded given that his original pretense for living in her home was that he had no where to go. Now magically he had brothers and sisters who would take them both in? Delilah wasn't that dense that she'd let that pass, so before she could speak he explained some more.

"You got hurt pretty bad, Diane must have thrown you into a wall because the back of your head took quite a smack. You were laying in a pool of blood the size of Lake Michigan but you weren't dead yet. I couldn't take you over to county hospital, they'd have a field day with us. I brought you back here, to my old clan that I had seperated from, and they saved you. Now we live here, under their protection."

That was the gist of it at least. He had left out the part that he wasn't going to let her leave the Domicile.

"Do you remember anything?"
Delilah 14 years ago
She squeezed her eyes shut as her slim finger found her temples and pressed.

How was life even more strange and odd now that she wasn't stripping? She had really thought that nothing could have be more fucked up than dealing with the creeps and trash she had delt with for years. Unfortunately she found a way of proving that theory wrong.

She remembered alright. That bitch, no pun intended, had came into HER home and expected her to just give up Pauly's sleeping spot. When that hadn't gone Diane's way she attacked, only Delilah was alive and so was Pauly.

Wait a minute, he had said she was practically swimming in her own blood. Was she...

Delilah quickly felt for a pulse and was both relieved and startled to find one. She wasn't dead and she wasn't, well undead. That was a good thing right? She couldn't exactly tell how she felt on that subject. Her gaze swung suspiciously back to Pauly.

"Wait wait wait. I was laying there in a pool of my own blood and you just picked me up and didn't tear my throat out? I'm like, laying in a blood martini of me and you just toss me over your shoulder like a sack of potato's and walk on out? Does my blood stink? Was it not good enough for you?

Why the thought of him being able to resist bitting her when she was surrounded in his perfered beverage was pissing her off was difficult to answer. Before she had long to think about that notion another thought dawned on the horizon of her mind.

"Ohhh gross, you said you had my house cleaned up did you go back and do it? You know, decide to not let all that blood go to waste?"

Her eyes narrowed disapprovingly and frowned. What was worse?
The small 'v' her skin formed when she furrowed her brow together was totally adorable and almost made up for her ludacris statements. His own frown formed and he shook his head aghast.

They were almost killed and she was pissed off that he hadn't drank from her? He resisted his own nature, which had not been easy and nearly drove him mad as they drove to the estate, and SHE was upset? He had killed four people later that night just to satisfy his thirst, and to take his anger out on someone, and Delilah had the nerve to check and see if she was alive.

Naive, self centered, ridiculous, stupid blonde blood bag! Panos fought hard to bite his tounge and not say these things outloud.

"Your'e a moron." Ok so he didn't try that hard.
Delilah 14 years ago
"I'm a moron?! Are those such ridiculous questions! Not all that long ago Vampires didn't exist in my world. Then you and your little dog friend came trampling on in and turned it upside down! I've had my ass handed to me two or three times now and I'm not supposed to wonder how this all works? I don't know what the fuck you people do or how you handle yourselves, it's not something you've ever really explained. How am I supossed to know, I didn't ask for, for...all this? Do you think I woke up one day and said 'Gee i wish someone wanted to kill me bad enough that one day I have to live in a windowless fortress surrounded by bloodsucking corpses for the rest of my life'!"

How dare he call her a moron! Who did he think he was? Just because he was undead and goregous didn't mean he could call her names and...

A blur of movement so fast she barely saw it, startled her out of her inner monologues tirade. Pauly was standing at the doorway of his apartment and the door was open.

"By all means, leave."

His voice was plain and calm as he gestured out the door. Her mouth had been hanging open from his rapid movement that she promptly snapped it shut.

Stupid men.
Delilah was insufferable. Why hadn't he left her in her home to just die? What was worth this torture?

On and on she went until Panos could take it no more. Without a word he slipped to the door and opened it. Normally he went to great lengths not to seem creepy around her and slowed his unnatural speed down to human proportions. He didn't even try this time.

"By all means, leave."

He watched as her mouth snapped shut and she was, for once, left speechless.

"You don't wanna be here then go. Go back to your house and go back to stripping and have a nice day. I'm sure Diane will leave you alone if you tell her I'm gone from your life. She seems level headed enough right? I can see I've wasted my time on you and correcting your health, next time I'll remember to walk away."

Wait a minute, why was he suddenly angry? That last part sounded a little emotional, even for him. Had her words hurt him? If so what did that mean?

Not a damn thing that's what. He wasn't attached to the little warm, breathing, sack of delicious mouth watering life sustaining blood. She just looked like someone from his past and he felt the need to protect that memory was all.

'That someone whom you loved.' A tiny voice in his head said.

"Bullshit." He said out loud before he realized it.

Quickly he looked back to Delilah who was sitting crossarmed on his bed with her head definatly turned away. Rolling his eyes he closed the door.
Delilah 14 years ago
He was SUCH an asshole. Crossing her arms she turned away to show him she wasn't listening. He cursed before she heard the door shut. If he thought it was that easy to get rid of her, he better think again.

"As if I would walk out into the nest of you freaks to be killed. Talk about jumping from the pot into the fire, get real. As it is, are you going to make me a vampire now too. It doesnt seem realistically safe for me to remain her otherwise."

Her heart fluttered at the thought of becoming one of them. She'd have to drink blood (yuk) but she'd be immortal and never grow old (bonus). She'd never see the sunlight again but the town nightlife was pretty bad ass. Maybe this was something that needed a pro and con list. She was pretty on the fence on this one. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, she'd prolly get her ass kicked alot less.

Her head was starting to throb. This was too much to think about.

Delilah's shoulders slumped and her demeanor was changed as she she fought the urge to lay back down. Her body was still weak, even if she had wanted to march out his doors she wouldn't of been able to.
It was one ridiculous question after another with her.

"No I am not going to make you a vampire. Your perfectly safe here with me. No one's going to barge in and think it's the fucking Old Country Buffet and eat you for a snack."

Gods how he missed the morphine button that would make her softly drift to sleep. She still looked like shit and he could tell she was fighting the feeling of it.

"Lay down Delilah. Your voice tires me out, it must be exausting to you."

Could the spitting image of his Holly been less of a pain in the ass? Maybe then he could forsee a growing attachment to her, but Delilah was something more of a pest than a love.
Delilah 14 years ago
Taking his advice she layed back down and rested her head on his plush pillows. She kept her eyes on him the whole time. He was so pushy and demanding. What she didn't understand was why he was taking care of her. He had never shown any type of interest in her besides when she danced for him. When that had ended and she quit Babylon, she was more of an errand girl for him than anything else. Sure they spoke with one another but nothing real...friendshipy. He had stayed around and even lived in her home, trusting her in the daytime to not off him. But why? His excuse of her looking like someone he knew was odd, that shouldnt be a reason to protect her.

Now he wasn't going to force her to become a vampire. The relief she felt was heavy but laden with brief sadness.

"Pauly, if I wanted you to make me a vampire, would you?"

Closing her eyes she felt light years away. If only he knew how tiresome he was, maybe one day soon she'd let him know.
Panos sighed.

What he wouldn't give for a simple life. He remembered being human, and how everything seemed so hard and complicated. Had he known what he knew now, there was a good chance things would have been different.

Maybe.

"No. I'm not good at making vampires." The truth was he was horrible at it. Sure he had only done it once before but he had royaly fucked it up and Fallon hated him for it. If he did the same thing to Delilah...It wouldn't be acceptable.

"Let's not talk about this anymore. You need rest, so please just sleep. I'll be here in the chair if you need me."

He pulled the black wing chair closer to the edge of the bed so that he could flip his legs up on the edge. It was how he had slept for so long now that it was like second nature to sleeping in a bed.

Delilah rolled onto her side facing him but kept her eyes closed. She reached out with one petite arm and laid her hand on his crossed ankles. Her warm hand was like fire on his skin.

"You don't have to sleep in the chair Pauly." She mumbled sleepily to him.

He rolled his eyes to the ceiling and shook his head. Ya right, like he wanted to be staked when she woke up and found him in the bed next to her. Not his idea of a wake up call.

"Good night Delilah."

It was actually nearing dawn but saying good morning just didn't seem right. He watched as her breathing regulated into the soft pattern of sleep before he hunkered down into the chair and let himself drift away.

(ooc : Panos & Delilah out)