Getting High (open - attn Dana)

Amir left his bike safely outside the Manor and reluctantly pulled away from Dana's embrace. He turned upon getting off though and lifted her from the seat. While he was sure, wobbly as she was, she could manage on her own, she was warm and soft and feminine and felt good.

"So you want to know where I like to go," he said, musing as they entered the Manor. There were one or two servants up and about but he ignored them and they him. Amir generally wasn't sociable on the best of days, even with his fellow vampires. Humans hardly rated on the charts.

He led Dana to a hall, and a door; behind it, a staircase winding up and up. It was well-kept, but there was an air about the area, as if it was rare for people to come here, and in his experience it was. They emerged into Heolfor's observatory, the white-domed structure at the very top of the enormous Manor. Surrounded on all sides by glass, it was easily his favorite section of the Manor.

"This is where I like to be." He shrugged, assuming she could figure out for herself why he enjoyed it. The view was exceptional. The entire Manor was visible to their keen eyes, and the tactical advantages of such a room were magnificent. More than anything, Amir liked knowing things. And to know meant one had to observe. What better place for it than an observatory?

There were chairs, lounges, but Amir guided Dana to the very edge of the circular room with his arm around her waist. Once at the full-length window, he sat, crossed his legs, and placed his hands on his knees in an almost meditative position. He waited a few moments and then looked up at her.

"See? Like so," he said by way of demonstration. It might be boring to her, the young woman who had so badly desired a sea of noise and motion, but Amir never made excuses for himself. Dana could accept it or not, as she chose.

Dana 14 years ago
She'd been disappointed when they pulled up outside of the Manor. He'd said they weren't going home. She hid her disappointment, as they walked. It was very quickly consumed by curiosity as they began to climb the spiral stairs. He kept in contact with her, and she was beginning to believe that he felt much the same about her, as she felt about him.

As they came to the top of the stairs, her legs had stopped threatening to give out from under her, but her head was still a bit fuzzy. They came out into a room like she'd never seen before. Lady Erin had a solarium, something she did not understand as they never used the room for that purpose. That was a room of three glass walls filled with plants.

This was a room with comfortable chairs, but the view was beyond magnificent. She let herself be propelled to the edge of the room. Vaguely she felt Amir's touch leave her, but she was too lost in the vision before her to worry too much.

"See? Like so."

His silky voice distracted her and she looked down at him, a bright smile curling her lips.

"Amir, this is lovely."

Without thought she lowered herself to the ground, her head coming to rest on the firm pillow of his thigh. The new position offered her a view of just the grounds of Heolfor, stunning in its own right.

"Thank you for bringing me here."
Amir 14 years ago
Amir moved his hand as Dana lay down, seeing her intent to rest her head on his leg. He didn't mind that. He replaced his arm, crossing it over her chest to rest his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm glad you like it."

He wasn't, really. He didn't care if she liked it or not; she had asked to see what he enjoyed and he'd taken her here. Although there was a lot of appeal in the way she gazed out the windows, her expression thoughtful and somewhat starry-eyed.

While she looked out the window he shifted his gaze, looked down at her instead. All right. Maye he was glad she liked it here. Newly-introduced she may be, he liked this clanmate. Maybe she just reminded him of how much fun it was to explore, when the world still seemed new and boundless. Maybe it was just her manner.

Whatever it was. He liked her.

"I think I am," he said with his usual sly-soft smile. "Glad, that is."

With the hand that wasn't across her chest, he gently touched the side of her face, tracing its contours with his fingertips.

"And I think I'm glad you chose Nachton."
Dana 14 years ago
She'd been following the progress of some little furry thing, it was a creature she did not know the name for, and she wondered if there were books on such things in the Manor's library. But his words distracted her, had he not been glad before?

It was his touch, like silk over satin, that had her turning her head to meet his gaze. It was an entrancing gaze, and she had been right on the beach, his pupils were black as the night sky and just as mesmerizing. She found herself lost in them.

"As am I." It was not necessary to tell him that Nachton had been chosen for her, or that she would not have come here had Lady Erin not commanded it. For no other reason, than the need and joy of touching him, her hand lifted. Starting as high as she could reach, she traced the line of his jaw, down the side of his neck and chest, until her hand came to rest on the flat plain of his stomach, next to her face.

She wanted very much to touch more of his skin, but it was not up to her to make that choice. This was a delicate game they played, and they were both old enough to know who made the first move.
Amir 14 years ago
Amir stayed still while Dana's hand mirrored his own exploration. When it finally came to rest he remained, silent but content for the moment. He had no doubts that if he wanted, he could take advantage of the situation and find in this new clanmate a most willing partner. He wasn't about to do so, though. Over the centuries he'd had intimate liasons with different women but they had been few and far between and nothing had lasted. Generally when he shared that sort of pleasure, it was with the understanding that came with friendship. He wouldn't be opposed to doing so with her, but there had to be time for them to get to know each other first.

For Amir, only one passion existed and that was his work for Anantya. It had been bred into him, and nothing he had ever come across in his long lifetime had exceeded that. His only love was Anantya. It was something Dana must learn about him before her emotions became tangled, and on top of that she wasn't exactly clear-minded. He could be patient. It had been a very long time since he had had a partner to spend the day with though, and his hands eventually continued to stray gently over her face and hair although the rest of his body stayed still.

Minutes, or hours, might have passed until he finally looked out the window of the observatory again.

"See there," he said, his voice just above a whisper. With one finger he traced a pattern in the sky, from star to star. The light in the observatory was dim; he hadn't turned them up when they'd entered. No need to, at night.

He waited until Dana followed his gestures. He was drawing out a shape around the moon.
"A waxing gibbous moon. It'll be full in the next two nights or so. It's floating in Saggitarius right now."

The shape he was drawing was that constellation; he traced it again. "If we had a telescope we could see Pluto. It should be just up a few degrees from the moon right now."

He didn't know if Dana would appreciate the lesson in astronomy. For all he knew he was telling her things she was already aware of. But this was what he did when he came up here. Aside from surveying everything on the ground, he looked at the sky. He had started his life voyaging on boats long before GPS or the advent of radio, internet, satellite. The sky hadn't changed a bit. It was a constant.

"Later tonight the moon will go that way," he indicated the arc with his finger again, "and it will pass through that star there, Antares, in Scorpius."

He continued the arc after sketching Scorpius. "And it will set right down there, just at the edge of Corvus."

He fell silent again, watching the sky as if it might just revolve all the way around them. This was the only time he felt small.
Dana 14 years ago
She wasn't sure how long they lay gazing at one another, she studying his features, and he hers. He was an extraordinary man, considering she offered herself to him, and he chose not only to not take advantage, but to enjoy a sweet kind of intimacy with her.

They should perhaps discuss intentions, but she was loathe to break whatever rapport the had created. Finally, he turned is gaze to the sky, and she with him.

It was comforting to watch as he drew the familiar lines of the star patterns, she'd learned different names for them in her youth, but had since learned the modern terms for each constellation.

The moon was a constant friend, it never left it's predictable patterns and if one was educated, it showed the way to view the other heavenly bodies.

"I've a telescope in my room, perhaps we can bring it another time. I'd like to show you my favorite formations on the moon."

She shifted her body, turning onto her side, tucking her head into the crook created by his leg and hip. "I just want to thank you for tonight, Amir. You've been very kind to me."
Amir 14 years ago
Amir felt the corners of his lips turn up a little more of their own will. "I have one too," he admitted. "Another night, let's see if we can't find someplace appropriate out on the grounds to set one or both of them up. It's no good in here." He nodded his chin in the direction of the white domed ceiling in the observatory. The windows went around the room, but they didn't allow one to look directly upwards. On Heolfor's grounds though they were far enough outside of Nachton that perhaps the city lights wouldn't interfere. If so, it was a small matter to take his bike out to someplace more secluded.

Dana's thanks he took with another nod. He didn't think she'd appreciate knowing he'd spent the night with her out of boredom. That said, he'd definitely enjoyed it and even looked forward to seeing her again. It was unexpected, to find someone whose company he desired when he hadn't come into Nachton for that purpose at all.

"It was my pleasure." Which it was. It wasn't so with everyone, not even most of his own clanmates. He was aware that his friends were few and far between; he just didn't really care. Friendship was a trivial concern when placed next to the well-being of Anantya as a whole. Even so, he wasn't about to treat it lightly when he did find it.

He wasn't sure if her words indicated a desire to call their evening to an end, so he let Dana have the lead there. Besides, with her head in his lap as it was he couldn't stand without rudely dumping her off. He pulled his eyes out of the sky and looked back down at her, pale in the dimness of the observatory. Such a delicate appearance. All lightness. From her skin to her hair to her eyes, everything about her was bright. He couldn't say if he liked that or not, never really having formed much of a preference where friends or romantic interests were involved, but it seemed to suit her.

At that moment, it occurred to him that it would be very easy to kiss her. She was watching him and it crossed his mind that she might even expect it. Having begun their acquaintance with a shared intimacy, it was very easy to slip back into that frame of mind. Leaning back on one hand, the other gently tangling into her hair, Amir shook his head at himself and gave a very soft sigh.
Dana 14 years ago
She knew she could simply lay there in Amir's company for the rest of the night, but she was sure he had other things to do with his night, and she should let him get to them.

He tangle his hand in her hair and sighed, she felt the sigh in her own chest and hoped that it did not imply something wrong.

"A penny for your thoughts."
Amir 14 years ago
"I nearly think they're worth more than a penny," Amir said with a bit of a crooked smile.

He silenced again, determining whether to be truthful or not, but in the end he decided against it. There was a line they could easily cross, an edge they stood upon, and they were still close enough to it to fall if he was reading her correctly... and himself. Another night, he would let it happen. Not yet though. Amir decided there was still far too much left unsaid, too much time left still to pass. Such relationships were never well-served by entering into them too quickly.

Shaking his head, he said,
"Either way my current thoughts are not deep enough to be worth remarking."

He shifted slightly, his voice turning regretful. "I do think, perhaps, it's time for me to accompany you back to your rooms. That is, assuming you'll do me the honor to meet with me again another evening."

He didn't really want to cut things off, but it was becoming necessary. His head was still fuzzy from his meal; Dana's could be no clearer. It disgusted him, knowing the same weaknesses that afflicted humans could afflict their kind as well, but he did his best to remain above such things.

Still, he couldn't stand until Dana moved herself... and in his current state of mind it wouldn't take much effort for her to keep him there.
Dana 14 years ago
It was Dana's turn to sigh. "I suppose you're right."

With much reluctance, she pulled away from him, her head swimming. The fuzziness was a two edged sword. It made her feel free in a way she had not felt before, but it also clouded her mind and made her body betray her. A state she did not enjoy in the least.

Amir stood and offered his hand, gratefully she took it and carefully stood. With a last look over the grounds, she followed him from the Observatory. He kept her hand again, she thought more for her own safety than for the sake of touching.

They reached the bottom of the stairs and she realized she had no idea how to get to her room from where they stood, and she felt a flush creep across her cheeks.

"I don't know how to get there from here."
Amir 14 years ago
Still holding Dana's hand, reluctant to break contact, Amir led her from the observatory. When she stopped he almost laughed, thinking perhaps she was trying to prolong their evening, but the flush over her cheeks was as real as her unease at being lost.

Tilting his head at her, he glanced up and down the hall.
"Do you remember what section they're in?"

The Manor was enormous. Not that they would be walking up and down the halls all night, but if she could remember where they were he could go directly to them. Otherwise they would simply take a trip to find Rupert.

Feeling much more composed now that he was on his feet, he slipped his arm around Dana's waist.

"Perhaps we should explore Heolfor before we conquer the rest of the world."
Dana 14 years ago
She thought for a moment, she could get to her rooms easily from the library and from the pool, if she same in one of three doors she could get there, beyond that she usually just wandered until she found somewhere familiar.

"If you leave the library, and turn right. You pass two cross halls, then turn left. My rooms are down that hall."

Her cheeks darkened in color. "I do explore, I just don't necessarily pay attention to how I got to where I ended up."

She felt a bit silly for admitting such a thing, but this place was so incredibly large, there was simply no way she could recall all of the twists and turns, not in the short time she'd been here anyway. Perhaps in a few months, she would be able to recall the lay out of her new home.

Sighing softly she leaned into his side, this was not the end to their evening her active imagination had planned.
Amir 14 years ago
Amir nodded. Dana's description was more than adequate for him to conduct her to her own suite. The walk took perhaps five minutes, during which he attempted to make her feel a little better about being lost. He did so by describing the Manor in great detail, from top to bottom, including the surrounding grounds. He hadn't been here in a while, but it hadn't changed much. He emphasized its immensity, however, hoping Dana would realize his intent was not to intimidate her, but to reassure. It would take some time before she knew the whole place.

When they finally stood in front of her door, he didn't wait for an invitation inside or any such thing. Amir simply let his arm fall from where it had been. Placing his hands upon her shoulders he dropped his head close to hers, turned her to face him, and bent to let his lips graze her ear much as they had in the rowdy club.

"Thank you for sharing your night with me," he said softly. Pulling back a bit he lifted his right hand, cupped her cheek, and tilted his head down once more.

Hesitating just over her lips, he leaned to the side one bit and lightly kissed her cheek.

Having already made it clear previously that he wouldn't mind spending more time with her, he didn't reiterate. He just smiled at Dana and left, heading back the way they had come to his own suite, which was on the opposite side of the Manor entirely.

((ooc: Amir out, pending response))
Dana 14 years ago
She listened, fascinated by his knowledge of their home. She had had no idea just how expansive the Manor was. No wonder she'd gotten lost for nearly an hour with out seeing anything familiar.

It was all too quickly that they stood before her door. She wanted very much to have him spend the day with her, she knew that he would not. he was a gentleman, and gentlemen established a firm relationship with a woman before entering her chambers for the reasons she wished he would.

She froze as he bent to speak softly in her ear, the touch was intimate and lovely and had her heart skipping a beat.

"It was my immense pleasure, Amir."

Her lips parted slightly as he hovered above them. She would not stop him if he chose to close that small distance, and found she was disappointed when he laid those soft lips on her cheek.

With a sigh, she watched him, until he turned the corner. She stood there a moment more, before digging the key from her purse, and letting herself into her room. On the bed lay the bags of clothing she'd purchased earlier. Had that really been the start to her evening?

She went to the bags, finding a note attached telling her the swimsuit was being laundered and would be returned tomorrow. She set about the task of organizing her new purchases and it was many hours past daybreak before Dana was able to settle down to sleep.

((OOc Dana out))