Happy Birthday Amby

I see per the bottom of my screen that today is your birthday! Happy day to you!

Aislinn Ross 14 years ago
Happy Birthday
Amberelle DeEspionne 14 years ago
hehe yes my little blonde had her birthday yesterday... guess i should get off my dead lazy and post. just not been able to get that mental ball rolling =x
Aislinn Ross 14 years ago
I intend to start one soon, maybe you can hitch a ride
Diane 14 years ago
I've been putzin on writing too, I got into reading the Dark Hunter Series by Sherilynn Kenyon and rarely left the couch for months. The signif other hasn't been pleased. =)
You should totally check out the Carpathian series by Christine Feehan (I've read all 15ish) and I'm starting a new series called the black dagger brotherhood. i liked book 1. My friends keep trying to get me into the dark hunter series but i don't know..
Diane 14 years ago
If you liked the black dagger brotherhood you'll like the dark hunters. it's the same author =) She used the Kinley Macgregor name to write her historical romances. I just bought a couple of those because I miss her writing lol!

I just finished the first book Dark Prince in the carpathian series because it was so highly recommended. But after reading the dark hunters I couldn't get into it and it was a struggle. I dunno if i wanna try and read the next one...the sex was way hotter imo in the Kenyon books!

I will admit the first 3 books of the DH series felt repetitive but at the end of the 3rd book the running subplot snatched my attention and I was a goner.
Oh yeah Dark Prince drags some parts, and so does the second one about gregori... even taking place in my beloved New Orleans it was hard to get into it at times. And the overall story arc's subplot takes quite a few books to get going and established. But the series really gets better as it goes along. My favorites are some of the more fiesty girls, ones who are hunters themselves. Most of the books can be read out of order (I did that a lot, getting em as I could find them at half price until I gave up and got them new) but after about the 6th or 7th in they begin to really build on the unfolding plot so I don't recommend skipping around in them too much. I like her world because it integrates mages and weres (leopards and werewolves - who are apparently VERY bad ass)
Diane 14 years ago
You'd like that the Dh series takes place alot of the the time in New Orleans as well then. You can technically skip around in that series too but things make more sense if you read them in order. They do explain things in everybook like what a Daimon is just incase you havent read previous ones.

Maybe ill get a couple more from the half off book store of feehan's i love anything with were's in! (DH has a who slew of were animals ^_^)
Well if you are looking for weres, werewolves only come up in the most recent book dark Curse. (not sure if its out in paperback yet and yes I bought the hardcover the day it was released *blush*) That one follows right along after the Christmas reunion one that has all of the previous 13books' couples in it but it recaps so you won;t need to read it first. Were leopards are introduced in book 9, Dark Symphony (and have earned their own series starting with Wild Rain and also a stand alone the Scarletti curse, but I havent read either of those.)

I may pick up the DH books. I just don't know.. I like watching my girlfriends with amusement while they argue over which one of the guys is "theirs" and going on about which parts made them cry. But Its still a few months til the next Dark book so I may give in and try one. I still have some of the Sookie books to read too.
Diane 14 years ago
I have the next DH book on preorder >_< it comes out in august and I'm dying. lol! Thank goodness I joined the borders book club so i can get coupons!

I think theres another sookie book out soon too. That series is my other favorite. I have to build a bookshelf in my bedroom to hold my influx of romantic series. There's suppossa be good were books by Shelly Laurenston that I can't find at any used book store. Time to pay full price!