Painfully hazey

The last song she had heard on the radio two days prior was on repeat in her head.

'So I sneak out to the garden to see you
We keep quiet 'cause we're dead if they knew
Just close your eyes
Escape this town for a little while

You were Romeo, I was a scarlet letter...'

Razor sharp pain cut through the lyrics and she winced, which in turn made the pain worse.

"Uhhh. Where am I? What the fuck happened to me."

Barely cracking her eyes apart the glaring sun slapped her across the face. Well at least she could discern it was daytime, and with a quick glance around she could also tell she was in her room.

How had that happened?

The last thing she remembered was passing out in Pauly's arms.

Pauly!

Scanning her room for any signs of him she felt a little sadness pass through her. Had he brought her here?

Her arms felt heavy and a full body scan produced alarming results. Both of her arms were bandaged and her left encased in a cast complete with sling. Her legs were cut to high hell and in some areas, also bandaged.

"Shit!"

Delilah swore as she felt her face and neck with her hands. More cuts and bruises.

Suddenly the recollection of the nights events hit her at once and she was left gasping for air, trying to make sense of it all. Pauly had done this to her, the cuts, the broken arm and the woman, her throat was bruised because of her. Diane was her name and later she had...

No, did she really see a woman turn into a wolf? That wasn't possible. Diane had called Pauly and Alexa and Louis vampires, that wasn't possible either. None of this was possible. It had to have been one huge nightmare. Maybe she had gotten involved with those losers who played Dungeons and Dragon's for real and it had all been some stupid game.

She knew that wasn't true, her battle wounds told otherwise.

Crawling under her sheets, Delilah pulled the blankets over her head and wished she would have never woke up.

Delilah 15 years ago
The next time she opened her eyes Delilah couldn't see a spot of light. Her body felt sore as if someone had beaten the living daylights out of her.

That hadn't been the case but it was close enough.

Sitting up in bed she rolled her shoulders and stretched as much as she could manage. A small squeak of pain escaped her lips and she sighed.

"How long have I been sleeping." She spoke out loud to the darkness.

When a voice unexpectedly answered back she almost pissed the bed right then and there.

"Two days now. This is the second evening. Do you feel any better?"

Fear began to fill her as she quickly recognized Pauly's voice from in the darkness. Delilah pulled the blankets up closer around as she drew her knees close to her chest.

How was she going to get out of this mess now?
Panos Mehalitsenos 15 years ago
When Delilah finally awoke he relaxed. She had been having restless sleep for the past two hours now and he was beginning to worry. He glanced at the little alarm clock to gather the time when he heard her question.

"Two days now. This is the second evening. Do you feel any better?" He didn't think she knew he was there and he anticipated some kind of shocked response, but when he saw her instant and lasting terror he slanted his eyes.

"You know I can see you trying to hide under the blankets. I live in the dark, I do have a little bit of enhanced night vision."

He got up from the chair against the wall and stood next to the bed.

"You're afraid of me." Panos stated matter of fact.
Delilah 15 years ago
Did he really just say that?

"Of course I'm afraid of you! You punched out your fucking car window dragged my ass through it, broke my arm..."

"Technically the bed broke your arm." Pauly cut in.

"BECAUSE YOU LAUNCHED ME AT IT! All that so you could death mount some psycho bitch who later tries to choke the life out of me with a fucking lamp cord. Did I mention she called you a vampire? A vampire, a fucking vampire for shits sake!"

Delilah wildly began searching for the small chain that hung from her Tiffany bedside lamp. Flight or fight had kicked in and she was livid with anger. The fear had quickly melted at his stupid comment into something more fierce. At least she had a cast she could use as a weapon. Her hand clasped around the chain and she snapped on the light. Pauly was towering over her and at the introduction of the light, his pupils didn't move.

His skin was smooth as marble and his olive complexion was severly washed out. All of his features we spot on as if he were a perfectly etched out of stone. Not one muscle twitched as he stared down at her. His face sent a shiver down her spine and she fought the urge to shrink back.

"She wasn't lying was she."
Her tirade was cute. Hadn't she been quivering in fear only moments ago?

He listened while she fumbled for the lights chain and resisted the urge to turn it on for her. It would have only made the tirade continue on for longer. When the light snapped on he simply stared at her debating on what he should respond with.

"I appologize for assuming you were more involved than you were. I know it's hard to understand but it was necessary to..."

"WHAT? What kind of shit appology is that? And you didn't answer my question." Delilah interupted.

Panos sighed and looked perplexed.

"Do I need to answer it?"
Delilah 15 years ago
This man was nuts. Pure and simple.

Or maybe she was. Why else would she be shouting at a man who could haul her ass through a glass window without even blinking? A man who was indirectly answering her question about his being a vampire.

"I guess not." She answered meakly. "Your apology still stinks."

She had nothing better to say than that at the moment and she unhappily frowned as her shoulders sagged. She felt the bed give a little next to her. Out of the corner of her eye she saw that Pauly had sat down.

"Pauly..."

"That's not my real name." He was real good at interupting.

His real name she had heard the others call him at the club. It was weird sounding and she didn't like it much so she had decided to simply not use it.

"I know but I like Pauly better. Anyways, are you going to kill me now?"

Using what little resolve left that she could muster she braced herself for what was to come.
Delilah 15 years ago
"Am I going to what?" He roared with laughter and toppled over backwards on to her plush white comforter.

Panos slid his hands down his face and could have sworn he was going to cry he was laughing so hard.

"I'm glad you think this is funny!" Delilah's voice strained.

Forcing himself to calm down he rolled his head towards her.

"Don't you think I would have done that already? Your covered in bandages and there's even a cast on your arm. Why would I go to all that trouble to clean you up if I was only going to kill you?

No." He sighed.

"I'm not going to kill you now. Maybe later though if you piss me off." He wasn't sure if she'd get the joke.

Her face was angry but he could see the relief in her eyes.

"You didn't think of that did you? How I got you here and how you are all taken care of? Your daytime help isn't very nice I'll tell you, they are difficult to work with. Too many questions and too many phone calls while I was sleeping. I had a doctor come look you over as well, nothing too serious, you'll survive."

He had gone to much trouble insuring Delilah's well being. What he didn't mention was he had set up a make shift place to sleep in her basement's wine cellar.
"Am I going to what?" He roared with laughter and toppled over backwards on to her plush white comforter.

Panos slid his hands down his face and could have sworn he was going to cry he was laughing so hard.

"I'm glad you think this is funny!" Delilah's voice strained.
Forcing himself to calm down he rolled his head towards her.

"Don't you think I would have done that already? Your covered in bandages and there's even a cast on your arm. Why would I go to all that trouble to clean you up if I was only going to kill you?

No." He sighed.

"I'm not going to kill you now. Maybe later though if you piss me off." He wasn't sure if she'd get the joke.

Her face was angry but he could see the relief in her eyes.

"You didn't think of that did you? How I got you here and how you are all taken care of? Your daytime help isn't very nice I'll tell you, they are difficult to work with. Too many questions and too many phone calls while I was sleeping. I had a doctor come look you over as well, nothing too serious, you'll survive."

He had gone to much trouble insuring Delilah's well being. What he didn't mention was he had set up a make shift place to sleep in her basement's wine cellar.
Delilah 15 years ago
He was right. She hadn't thought about how she had gotten home and why he hadn't just killed her then.

The realization that he took care or her rather than killed her had Delilah confused. Maybe it had just been pity on his part.

"But, I know what you are. Doesn't that make me dangerous to you?"

His face contourted in what at first looked liked pain but quickly she realized he was just trying not to bust out laughing again.

Delilah's eyes narrowed and she crossed her cast over her arm.

"Ok, ok." Pauly promised with one hand in the air and after taking a moment to smooth his shirt down, he suddenly gave her a very serious look.

"You my little fiery spirit aren't very much a danger too me, although should you go out of your way to try and become one...you won't survive for long. I haven't killed you because I haven't wanted too. Don't push your luck."

The simplicity of his statment was chilling. She fully believed taht crossing this vampire would be a bad desicion. It also helped that she was beginning to grow an affliction for this unreal man.

It was that moment that another thought popped into her head that deserved questioning.

"Hey, that night you called me by another name. Holly? Who's that?"
His posture grew uncomfortable as Delilah fired off a new question he didn't want to answer.

"So that you remember."

He had been in such a fit of rage coupled with panic that he'd lost his own mind momentarily and spoke without thinking that night.

A frown tugged at the edges of his lips and his brown eyes grew dark.

"The Fates apparently are playing a cruel joke on me, its your face. You remind me of someone from my past and it slipped out."

Hopefully that would be enough explaination for her and if she pushed it farther it wouldnt be pretty. The last thing he wanted to do was get into that topic right now.
Delilah 15 years ago
His answer caught her off guard, more so than the way he became rigid with his response.

What did she say to that? Did she even want to know who this someone from his past was? Damn, how bout what happened to her? Was she still around, or worse, was she dead? That was a whole new vault of questions she was too tired to get into now. It was eery enough he had called her by some other name while literally dragging her through glass.

The silence in the room continued on uncomfortably until Delilah couldnt take it any longer.

"So....what now? What happens next?"
Panos Mehalitsenos 14 years ago
He looked up at the window and caught the glimpse of a graying sky, a sure signal that day was not far off.

"Well. What happens is this, you quit your job at Babylon and work for me during the day time. You'll see to it that all my affairs are lined up and if theres anything I need you will be my.....day time liason." He chose his words carefully as not to completely piss her off.

By the look on her face he could tell he hadn't accomplished that goal.

"I am not your slave! Your...your little errand boy! What do you think this is a vampire bed and..."

Panos held up his hand to interupt her rant.

"This is not up for discussion. Why would you rather work in a strip club amongst the slime of the city? I'm not asking you to do this, I'm telling you. Don't think for a minute that just because I told you once I wouldn't kill you I can't change my mind."

Delilah's face turned into an angry pout and Panos rubbed the inside of his nose near his eye.
Delilah 14 years ago
He was extremely mad if he thought for one second that SHE, DElilah Bennet, was going to be anybody's bitch.

Crossing her cast over her arm she pouted.

Was this some kind of hotel for wayward vampires with a bad case of the loonies?

"I like Babylon. It's classy." Delilah mumbled.

Pauly scowled and rolled his eyes. In all actuallity Delilah was getting tired of dancing. She didn't need the money, her parents had been loaded and left everything to her. There was really no one to shock anymore with her choice of career path and the men were getting scummier and scummier by the minute. Not to mention she knew there were vampires and at any time she could be rubbing up on one.

In truth there was only one vampire she wanted to rub up on.

Holding her head up high she sighed heavily.

"I suposse I could help you out during the daytime, seeing how you did manage to get me all bandaged up and home safely. I'll forget the part that me being like this is basically your fault. I don't suposse your girlfriend Alexandra will be too pleased with your living arrangment, she better not come here and fuck my shit up or I'll stake her ass. I'm guessing she's a vampire like you."

Delilah spoke as if everything had been her idea.
Panos Mehalitsenos 14 years ago
Panos's head snapped around at her mention of Alexandra, his eyes were on fire as he growled at Delilah.

"You need not worry about Alexandra, she is not of your concern. Better yet feel free to never speak her name again in the same sentence of a death threat."

Picking himself up off her bed he stood rigidly.

"I'm finished here. I'll see you in the evening. Maybe."

Before he lost his temper completely, Panos made for the wine cellar. Delilah was one of the most infuriating humans he had the displeasure of keeping safe.

Thankful of the nearing dawn, he collapsed onto the brand new king size bed in the center of the cellar. Pulling the black cotton sheets around him he sighed to himself contemplating the newest mess he had gotten himself into.

( Panos out )
Delilah 14 years ago
That had went awful. The door slammed shut behind Pauly and Delilah sank back into her bed.

Life was becomming more and more tangled and distorted with each day.

For once she was greatful her parent's werent around to see the newest problem their daughter had created for herself.

( Delilah out)