Medical facilities - the week after Hell Night

Telephone please - Dr. Johnson - Telephone please.

Simon tried to open his eyes but was rewarded with a raging throb of a headache for his attempts.

'Oh dear god,' he murmured. His entire body was on fire; his legs ached painfully, the joints in his hands felt like concrete and the awful taste in his mouth could not, however, rival the smell emitting from it. He could feel the softness of the sheets beneath him and the warmth of a body next to him. Struggling again to open his eyes, he used his arms to push himself up. Soft hands touched his shoulders, pushing him back down as the mechanical whirring of the top half of the bed started to rise. When in sitting position, he peered through one half open eye and looked around.

A soft, feminine voice spoke to him,
'You ate Ellis.'

'I what...I did what?'

Carol 15 years ago
'You ate Ellis.' Carol made a face, crinkling up her nose and sticking her tongue out. 'It was really disgusting.'

Simon closed his eyes again and paled.

'Lucky for everyone - she's ok though.' Insert sarcasm here. 'Down the hall recuperating after the Halloween fiasco. Remember anything at all?'

Carol remembered everything and seriously doubted she'd forget any of it for many many years to come. Seeing Simon hovered over a screaming Ellis, tearing the flesh off her cheek would stay fresh in her mind for many future nightmares, she wagered. The man she loved eating her ex-lover, boss and leader. Yeah - sweet dreams, Carol thought.

'But yeah - you were eating her. It was awesome!' Her voice dripped with sarcasm, to which he replied with a bleary eyed grimace.
Simon Huntington 15 years ago
Simon felt his stomach lurch - it was one thing to drink blood to survive, but eating flesh...no. 'I really don't remember...thank god. Um...the last thing I remember was,' he paused, squinting his eyes shut again. 'I opened the locked door - so we could pass thru.'

The rest was a blur - he thought he had heard Ellis and the others coming to meet him, but instead it...well wasn't.
'I opened all the doors, not just that one.'

Carol gave him a sad smile and nodded.

'Nice.'
Carol 15 years ago
Carol watched Simon beat himself up for his error, but what could you do? What could anyone have done at that point. She put her hand on his and pat it. Carol looked down at his hand and she wondered if she should tell him. That when reviewing the surveillance footage from the only cameras located in the sub levels, outside the elevators, that he had been very lucky. That Ellis had every opportunity to stop him from turning her - from even exacting her revenge right at that moment and could have hid behind the fact that Simon had been turned, not having to fear from reprisal of having killed the clan leader.

'You know - she had you, dead to rights, so to speak.'

Simon looked at her, shaking his head in confusion.

'She had you, Simon. Point blank, in between the eyes. But she didn't do it though...I wonder why.' Carol wasn't the jealous type as much as her erratic personality might assume she would be. No, she really did wonder why Ellis didn't just kill him. And by the look of it - so did he.
Ellis Duban 15 years ago
'I want...a cigarette.'

'Miss Dubán.'

A-fucking-mazing, Ellis thought. She never thought she'd live long enough for someone to tell her that she could not smoke. As she slipped on her bloodied jeans with a pained scowl, she decided that she was just too sore to kill the intern. She shooed the intern away, who was none too happy to leave, and Ellis continued to try and dress herself. Pulling her turtle neck over her head, she padded into the adjoining bathroom to look at herself.

'Oh my jesus.'

Her face was haggard. Black bags underneath her bloodshot eyes, pale cracked lips and dishelved hair. She reached up and touched her cheek, remembering the pain that seem to want to linger in reminder to what Simon did before the final moments of that horrible night. Her skin had regenerated perfectly - absolutely no trace of the bite or anything else for that matter. She was just tired as hell, but properly nourished, just not pleasantly full. Ellis pulled her arms through the sleeves and exited the bathroom with a grunt.

As she walked slowly down the hallway, she ignored the people who moved out of her way. Ellis blinked slowly, trying not to focus on anything when she suddenly bumped into one of the doctors on the floor. He stopped and looked at her, his mouth opened in terror. She sighed, not quite sure what she was more disgusted with - the frailty of humans or the fact that she felt like she needed a fucking hug. The doctor moved out of her way and her eyes focused on the digital panel outside one of the rooms.

It was Simon's room. Stepping closer she leaned in and heard the murmur of voices.

'She had you, Simon. Point blank, in between the eyes. But she didn't do it though...I wonder why.'

Yeah,' Ellis thought for a second, 'What the hell?' She lingered for a moment before pushing off the door and walking out of DI.
Simon Huntington 15 years ago
'She had you, Simon. Point blank, in between the eyes. But she didn't do it though...I wonder why.'

Simon shifted in the bed uncomfortably and tried to recall the moment. He honestly couldn't - nothing after being attacked and bitten. Carol moved to her bag and pulled out her iphone - a few clicks later, she was handing it to him with a video queued to play. Simon took it, letting his finger hover over the play button. He stared at the screen a moment and then played the video.

The horror crossed his face as he watched himself, as a zombie, attack Ellis and lifting her off her feet. He couldn't even recognize himself - his face had contorted into something else...something dead and full of rage. And there it was - Ellis had the barrel of the gun in between his eyes and ... then nothing. Simon turned the player off and handed it back to Carol.

Why didn't she? She had him - dead to rights as Carol put it but why didn't she?

Finally Simon said,
'I don't know why.'

((Ellis, Carol and Simon out))