Pizza Place (open)

Renee was never much of a city girl. She liked her privacy and didn't like the fact that in the city all you had to do was lean out of your window and have a conversation with your next door neighbor. Nope not for her. If she wanted to clean the house naked she could and felt safe doing it.

She had drove up to Nachton from Savannah a few weeks ago to look at some real estate. She finally found this perfect 4 bedroom two story house on the outskirts of Nachton. It was not too far away from the city and the houses was well spaced out. She had five acres of land, plenty of room for her to build at least two good sized green houses.

She had been unpacking for the last three days now. All she had left to do was the kitchen. Which was where she was now. Standing there in her kitchen observing it making a mental list of where she would like to put her stuff at. She crossed her arms in deep thought and her left brow raised up as she thought about food. She hadn't eaten nothing since her nibbling at that bagel this morning. Of course Renee's morning was actually evening for some.

She had nightmares at night and couldn't sleep. During the day through she slept like a baby and has been like that for the last two years or so. The doctors had tried getting her to take pills for it but she didn't like the idea of putting something in her that she didn't know what the hell was in it.

Scratching her head she turned around with her hair piled up on top of her head, grey sweats on, and a black t-shirt. She headed upstairs to take a hot shower that she so needed before going out. Surely there was somewhere where she could grab a bit to eat this late at night.

She spent about 30 minutes in the shower and putting on her body lotion that smelled like honey suckles. Opening the door to her closet she stood there wrapped in a white towel with another one on top of her head pondering on what to wear. She grabbed her red plaid skirt and top and headed to the bed. Tossing the clothes on the bed she went to her dresser to find her panties and bra. Coming back to the bed she sat down putting everything on.

Padding to the bathroom again she started putting on her make-up with the towel still on top of her head. Then she bent over to take the towel off and started on her hair.

After spending 15 minutes on her hair she went to the closet and found her knee length boots. Slipping them on and lacing them up she stood in front of full length mirror and blew a kiss. Spinning around she headed downstairs to the foyer where she found her purse and headed out the door.....

Renee pulled over to park so she could be able to bump with the bodies on the strip and be able to look around without worrying about running someone over. After walking five minutes she found a not so crowded pizza place that served alcohol as well. Renee ignored the stares and found a table to sit at. She grabbed a menu and waited for a waitress to come.

When the waitress arrived she ordered a Dr. Pepper and a small personal works pizza. As she waited for her food and drink to arrive she looked out the window thinking about how she was going to call around tomorrow to get quotes on her greenhouses...

Steven 15 years ago
Food, it seemed, was the heart of the world. Steve passed a dozen over-crowded resuraunts, before locating a pizza parlor that didn't seem to have too many patrons. He checked the bandages on his shoulder, then walked into the place. He had changed his clothes, and was now wearing a black Metallica t-shirt, a pair of black jeans, and his USAF Black Dogs cap. His pistol was in it's holster on his thigh, and his badge was in his pocket, with his phone and the medallion Trin had given him. He took a spot near a good-looking young woman in a red skirt, and placed his order of a beer and a small personal pie. From there he began to survey the room. There was no sign of either of the women he had ran into tonight, or anyone else that seemed hostile. His attention turned to the girl nearby. He touched his hat and grinned at her.

"Howdy, ma'am," he said, giving her what his sister had once call country class. "How are you tonight?"
Renee 15 years ago
Renee heard the door opening and glanced at the doorway. She gave him a once over and her eyes hesitated at his bandage. She watched him as he made his way to where she sat. She gave him a polite smile.

"Hello," she said, in her southern accent. "I can't complain." She gave him eye contact. Not just anyone would walk up and sit down next to her. Everyone always shied away from her. They were always to quick to judge.

"Rough night?" Her eyes moved to his shoulder before returning back to his face, not making eye contact.
Steven 15 years ago
"Not the worst I've had," he said noticing that her eyes kept straying to his shoulder. "Accident. Some guy was cleaning his piece, and it went off." He leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms as much as he could without hurting his wounds. The waitress came over with the girls order. Asking her name seemed to be the polite thing to do before going any further in a conversation, so that was the track he chose.
"I'm Steve. What's your name?"
Renee 15 years ago
Her eyes got big in shock when he said that a guy had been cleaning his gun and it went off. "You mean he didn't check to see if all the bullets were out before cleaning?" Of course, she had no clue about guns but thought it was a little strange.

She smiled up at the waitress and said,
"Thank you."

"Nice to meet you Steve, I'm Renee" She said holding out her hand with a smile upon her lips.

Steven 15 years ago
She seemed smarter than her age would have him believe. She had caught on that the gun should have been emptied.

"Guy was drunk," Steve said easily, shaking his head.

He shook her hand when she offered it, then looked around. Still no problems. Maybe he could relax.

"So, Renee," he said. "You a long-timer, a new resident, or a visitor?"
Renee 15 years ago
She gave him a grin. "Well, guess that sums it up," she said, letting it go at that. Although in the back of head she had an itch that he wasn't telling the truth. His business she guessed and she didn't want to get in the middle.

"I am new, just moved into my new home three days ago. Almost have all my unpacking done." She said rolling her eyes at the end of her sentence. She leaned up to get her straw, instead of banging on the table to open it, she took one of the ends and tore the paper sliding the straw out. She put it in her drink and took a sip with the drink still on the table. "How about you, you been here long?"

She picked up a slice of her pizza and started chewing while she waited for his answer. The waitress showed up then with his order. The waitress asked, "Can I get you any thing?" Renee shook her head no and continue to chew.
Steven 15 years ago
It was a funny thing, but, as Steve talked to Renee, he found the thought of Trin, vampires, and serial killers drfiting from his mind. He nodded when she said that she was new to Nachton. "Well," he said. "Welcome to Nachton, I guess."

How long had he been here? Although it hadn't been long, in his mind it felt like forever. "About a month or so," he said, thinking back. The waitress brought over his food, and, as Steve bit into his pizza. he had to admit, the only redeeming quality of the food was the ice-cold Budwieser. He took a swig, then shivered. "So, you need any help unpacking or anything?"
Renee 15 years ago
She smiled and nodded at his reply to how long he'd been here. Renee turned her head slightly around to take another bite of her pizza. She was nodding at his question and turned her head back to him as she was finishing chewing.

Finally she said,
"The movers are coming in the next day or two. They are bringing all the heavy stuff." She couldn't wait to get her bed, sleeping on the air bed that she brought just wasn't cutting it. She lifted her left hand up to her kneck and rolled her head back while balancing her pizza in her right. "I can't wait to be able to sleep in my bed." A sigh escaped her lips and she closed her eyes just for a second.

She wasn't sure why but she said, "
are you free tomorrow night? I could probably use some help putting some furniture together." That just meant she would have to get up a little early in the day to go shopping but at least it would be done with. "I gotta get my business up and running again. " That her reminded her too that she needed to make phone calls to get quotes on building her greenhouses. At least, she thought he could probably manage to do that without getting hurt.
Steven 15 years ago
Steve pulled a pen from his pocket and took a paper plate from the stack in the center of the table. He wrote down his phone number, then passed it to Renee. "Ok, tomarrow night sounds good. Let me know if something comes up." He finished his meal, then got up to go. "Well, I gotta run. I need to pick some things up from the precinct on the way home, and I got some stuff to do tomarrow." He walked up to the counter and paid for his meal, then covered Renee's as well. He walked back to her, said good-night, then walked out the door. The Camero seemed content to be running, so he opened the throttle of the six-hundred-fifty horsepower V8 engine and let the girl run hard, loose, and clean. This was the way to drive, the sound of your engine making pedestrians stop and stare, and even run for thier lives.

(Steve out and about)
Renee 15 years ago
Renee took the plate from Steve and folded it up putting it in her purse. "Alrightie, I'll call you either way to let you know something. AND to give you directions." She started on finishing her pizza up and nodded at him when he came back. "G'nite".

She was in mid bite when she heard the car, grinning she shook her head.
"Men and their cars," she mumbled to herself.

Finishing up, she got up, left the waitress a tip and walked out to go have a look down the strip.

(Renee out)