Aftermath (Attn Steve)

Trin pulled the jeep as close to the main doors of Heolfor Manor as she possible could and killed the engine. She just sat there for a moment, not entirely certain why she had chosen to come here versus taking Steve back to his house. Her mind kicked back in and her decision made a bit more sense. They would both be safe here, for the time being. That's right. She rested her forehead against the steering wheel for a moment and took a few deep breaths, planning out the next few minutes. Get Steve out of the jeep, into the manor, over to her rooms and cleaned up. Do what she could about his injuries. Her own were still healing, but it would be the next night before she was completely back to top form.

As she climbed out of the jeep, the doors above opened and Rupert was standing there expectantly. With an inward wince, Trin approached him, doubtful he was going to like her request.

“Good evening, ma’am.”

“Hello, Rupert. I need some help getting my… familiar up to my rooms. We’ve had a bit of an… incident.” She tried to smile and couldn’t quite muster up the energy for it. Rupert just blinked at her – though whether it was at the announcement she had a familiar or over her obvious injuries, she didn’t know or really care as long as the needed help was summoned.

“Of course, ma’am. One moment.”

Trin returned to the jeep while Rupert went back into the manor. Just as she got the hatchback up and had doubled checked that her familiar was still among the living, two male servants arrived with a thick blanket which they used to carry the unconscious police officer to her rooms. She directed them to lay him on the couch (wincing inwardly at the potential for blood stains) and asked if one of them would be kind enough to take care of her jeep, including cleaning it if needed. They agreed and left, promising that her spare keys would be returned by evening.

Trinity stood over Steve for a few moments, studying his face and trying to sort the conflicting emotions that were bouncing around inside her. Fear was chief amongst them, which confused her until she realized that the fear was based in the thought that he might die. Shaking herself mentally, she headed up the stairs to change and get what she needed out of her bathroom.

Duster was tossed over the chaise lounge, leathers stripped and left in a pile to be sorted later (with any luck at least some of it was salvageable) and weapons laid on the dresser to be put away after they were cleaned. Standing naked in her dressing room, she pulled out a torn pair of jeans and a black babydoll t-shirt. A quick glance in the mirror showed she could use a shower, but there wasn’t time for that. Grabbing a few dark towels from the closet she headed back downstairs, pausing to pour a glass of wine. She could use it right now.

She laid one towel out on the floor to place his things on and considered where to start. Boots were easiest, so she got those off as well as the thick socks he was wearing. The flak jacket was toast, so she felt no regret at simply cutting the straps off and laying it aside. She’d get him another one – maybe two. Top of the line. Weapons were next.

And quite the arsenal she found. Three different guns, including the one that he had given Trinity earlier in the evening, with plenty of clips for each. She briefly studied each gun, wondering idly what Ambrose would think of them. Half a dozen grenades, which she carefully laid aside, double checking the pins on each. The Elders would not appreciate one accidentally going off in the Manor. A blowtorch, which made her smile – he was learning. The small brick like things confused her until she mentally put them together with the detonator and realized they were C4. Last, but not least, was his knife, the same one she had used to cut off the flak jacket.

In addition to weapons, she found two different radios, the one she had taken from the sniper and one she assumed was his police radio. Those went into the weapons pile as well. In his pockets were his wallet, which she didn’t open, a Leatherman tool, cell phone and a sealed envelope that had a woman’s name on it. These she set on the small table nearby, not wanting them to get lost.

There was a knock on the door, causing her to frown. When she opened it, she found Rupert standing there holding a box.
“A first aid kit, ma’am. I thought it might be needed.”

Trin blushed a little that she hadn’t thought of it herself and thanked him. Rupert left and Trin hoped he wouldn’t be reporting this to anyone just yet. Steve probably wouldn’t be thrilled when he found out where she had taken him and she needed some time to get things taken care of before another disaster could strike.

Kneeling on the floor next to the couch, she set the box on the floor next to her and opened it. While she wasn’t entirely certain what a lot of it was, not having needed most of this herself, she could figure out the basics without too much difficulty. Bandages, antiseptic, suturing needles… Trin used Steve’s knife to cut off the shirts he was wearing – they were already damaged beyond repair as it was. She started to remove his dogtags and paused, biting her lip in thought. Something told her that removing them would be a bad thing so she laid them out of the way and took a good look at the wound in his upper chest.

There was more bleeding than she liked and for the first time, wished he were a vampire to already be healing the wound on his own. As near as she could tell, the bullet had passed clean through and missed the bones. Something of a miracle that. The muscle damage was not good and would take time to heal but in the long run, if properly cared for, she doubted it was life threatening or would slow him down at all. She carefully cleaned it, rolling him to his side to get at the back. A few stitches in each (which she was sure would leave some lovely scars to add to his collection) and she bandaged them up as best she could. Her nose twitched from the smell of the iodine and she winced in sympathy as Steve mumbled a bit through his unconsciousness. The rest of the damage consisted of cuts, scrapes and bruises – the flak jacket having taken the brunt of the damage. His neck looked awful. Between the damage done two nights ago and having been bitten four times since, it was looking more than a little ragged. Fortunately for them both, it would be a few weeks before she would need to bite him in order to maintain the bond. That wound was cleaned and bandaged up as well. Any scrap or cut that was bleeding was taken care of. Trin retrieved a washcloth and bowl of hot soapy water and cleaned the rest of his upper body up. His pants were amazingly in one piece, so she assumed that any damage there would be limited to scraps and bruises, none of which she needed to worry about. So the pants stayed, though she did remove the belt to make him more comfortable.

She took his things and moved them out of the way, but where he would still see them when he woke. His personal items she left on the table near his head. Another blanket went over him to keep him warm – she vaguely recalled that shock could set in and she wanted to make sure he stayed warm. A glance at her watch showed that it was 5 am. It truly had been a long night and dawn wasn’t that far off. She closed the blackout shades to the conservatory and started a fire in the grate. Not so much for warmth, but for the security she always felt when there was a fire burning. The destroyed clothing she tossed in the garbage. Pouring another glass of wine, she wrapped herself in another blanket and settled in her favorite chair where she could watch and wait for Steve to stir. She did not dare fall asleep – once she did, she’d be out and next to impossible to rouse until dusk. No, she would wait and sacrifice much needed sleep to be here when her charge came around.

And so it was, when Steve finally did awaken mid-morning, he found Trin still watching him from a wingback chair about five feet away.

(Steve manhandled with permission!)

Steven 16 years ago
(Manhandling much appreciated!)

Steve woke, every part of his body aching. He laid there for a moment,taking stock of what he knew. His memory was fuzzy, but he thought there was a reason for his pain. He could tell that he was wounded, and that there was something soft under him, as well as something soft over his body. He couldn't feel any equipment, so he didn't seem to be in a dangerous place. Either that, or he had been disarmed. His neck tingled, and he touched the spot with his hand. Two round scabs. What the hell? The memory of the firefight, the vampire, and the last few nights came flooding back as he felt the scabs. His eyes flew open. The first thing he saw was his gear, lying nearby. His eyes then fell on Trin, who was sitting in a nearby chair and seemed very pretty to his exhausted eyes.
“Are you alright?” he asked. He tried to sit up, but a sharp pain shot up his chest, causing him to grunt and fall back onto the couch he had been resting on. He looked around. He seemed to be in some sort of living space. Where the hell was he? The warehouse? Not likely. He had definitely been moved. His wounds had been treated, and he noticed that they were not as bad as he had thought. Still, how the hell had he lived? Maybe Trin would have answers. Steve decided not to try his luck. She might not be thrilled about tonight's events.
Trin 16 years ago
Trin watched as Steve awoke and took in his surroundings. The pain he was in was obvious when he tried to sit, but she did not offer to help yet. She knew better than to approach him wounded until he was sure of his surroundings and the memories came back.

Was she fine? He still didn't quite get it... ah well, given time...

"I'm much better off than you at the moment, dear." Watching him scan the room, she smiled again wondering what he thought of her home. Wait til he saw the rest! "To answer the question I imagine you're dying to ask, we're in my home. As my familiar, you're more or less welcome here, though I'd advise staying in these rooms until we can move you tonight. The other residents value their privacy and, until word gets out, the staff just may react first and ask questions later. Trust me, this is not a place where you want to wander about alone."

She stood, letting the blanket fall away and approached him to check the bandaging. Keeling again on the floor next to him, she pulled the blanket back just far enough to see the bandage over the gunshot wound. There was some blood, but not much and the skin around it was warm, rather than hot. "You were bleeding pretty good. The neck should heal just fine and if you take it easy for a few days and let the damaged muscles knit properly, there shouldn't be any permanent damage."

She rocked back on her heels, letting the blanket fall back into place. Her voice softened a bit, remembering the fear she had had of losing him last night. "I stitched you up and I'm sure I don't need to tell you to watch for infection?" She gave Steve her best "do as i say or else" glare. Standing, she headed for the bar area and pulled a bottle of water out of the mini-fridge, hoping he hadn't caught that moment of weakness. She removed the top and handed it to him. "Do you want anything to eat? Or something stronger than that to drink?" He'd need the fluids, but something to dull the pain wouldn't be out of line, even as early as it was. Or early for him. For her it was incredibly late.
Steven 16 years ago
Not a place I ever wanted to wind up in, Steve thought, wondering how many vampire lived here. Fresh food, right on thier doorstep. He would be as good as dead. He accepted the water, his fingers (still clad in the fingerless gloves) brushing lightly against hers. An odd feeling came over him. It was a mix of attraction, fear, and, for some odd reason that was beyond his mind, loathing. He looked at her closely. She seemed a little worse for wear, but other than that, she was fine. He grinned, remembering a detail about the night. "If you keep eating like you did last night, you'll end up getting hella fat. I don't wanna have to trade you in!" His face turned serious, and he hoped that she caught that it had been a joke. "Before the next little pissing contest we get ourselves into, I got a favor to ask of you." He indicated the envelope on the table. "If something were to happen, and I were to die, do you think you could give that to my sister?" He looked into Trin's eyes. They looked tired, and he could tell that she had some emotional stuff floating around in that tiny head of hers. "It's important that she recives that."

With that subject hopefully killed, he took a more detailed look at Trin's home. There was a fireplace, and several windows with the blinds drawn. He realized that he had no clue what time it was. He checked his watch. 9:30. He swore. He was supposed to report in at 8. He picked up his phone, and dialed the precinct. Terry, the receptionist, answered with her usual fake sweetness. "It's Rowland," he said. "I'm planning on spending the day with my g... friend. I'll check in tomarrow." He hung up, startled that he had almost refered to Trin as his girlfriend. What the hell was wrong with him?! He looked at the vampire to see if she had noticed his blunder. He really didn't need a pissed off vampire on his back...
Trin 16 years ago
Trinity settled on the floor in front of the sofa, finding she actually rather enjoyed having him here. She doubted that would alst - they seemed to butt heads more often than she ever had with anyone else. Odd that - though she expected it was mostly her fault. Her natural inclination was to be a follower and finding herself in a position of relative authority and responsibility was messing with her head something fierce.

She stuck her tongue out at him for insinuating that she would get fat. "I will have you know that I am the same weight I was 200 years ago. But that does remind me. Only when I'm injured will I need to feed like that. Under normal circumstqnces I only feed about twice a month. And as I've told you before, as my familiar, you are just that - Mine. According to the rules, you are the 'property' of Anantya and to be respected as such." She shrugged and took a sip of her wine. "As long as you behave yourself, no one here will bother you. Now if you offer yourself up as a snack for someone, you're on your own. And I'd really rather you didn't do that, truth to tell." With her luck, he'd offer himself up to someone who outranked her and any damage done she would not be able to do a damn thing about.

When he asked about the letter, she glanced at it, and started to tease, then changed her mind, remembering the promise she had already made. "Of course. And I will do what I can to protect her if need be. I'll what I can to protect you both." Though spoken with a degree of seriousness, the underlying conviction was apparant. To cover it she glared again. "And I refuse to get in a pissing contest after last night. You owe me for ruining my favorite duster with grease!" She hadn't actually determined if it was ruined - but she'd let him sweat it out for a bit.

It hadn't occured to her that he might have to work today and her face reflected a bit o horror at overlooking that detail. While he made his call, she gnawed her lip, waiting to apologize. Instead, she found herself staring, wondering if she's heard his blunder correctly. In a rush of nervousness, she found herself blabbing at him the moment he shut the phone.

"I guess this is as good a time as any to cover a few ground rules. And to answer any questions you have. Since I have bitten you three times, you're official as a familiar. It'll take time to see how the bond develops, but so far I think it's going to work out as a partnership, though I'm not really suprised. I was a bit afraid that you'd take the submissive route and I really didn't want to go that route. Too much of a change in your personality. In general, you're free to go about your business, but you have to keep our existence a secret. Blabbing it about to whoever is an automatic death sentence and trust me, you don't want the Hunt called out on you. What we did tonight was easy compared to having a whole flock of vampos on your tail. Telling your sister would be bad as well - that I could not protect her from. Not to mention that I don't even want to thinka bout what the Elders would do to me for letting you spread that around..."

She stopped suddenly and blushed damn near to her hairline. "You didn't say if you were hungry. It's only fair to feed you considering how many times you've done the same for me." Her voice came out rather small after the sheer deluge of words she'd just thrown at him. She had to be more tired than she had thought to get this nervous. It wasn't like he was the first human she'd ever spent time with, but here she was acting like the teenager she resembled.
Steven 16 years ago
His head throbbed, as Steve took in the rush of words that spilled from Trin like a waterfall. He was thankful when she stopped for air. "Black-box, personality changes, protect Nik. Got it. And as for food, I'm good." His face lightened, and he attempted to sit up. This time he made it, but his chest was killing him. "You oughta hit the sack, bright eyes," he said. "You've had a rough night."

He staggered to his weapons, and picked up his DE, strapping the gun to his leg. He then strapped on his ammo belt, and went back to the couch. He laid back down, utterly exhausted by that little effort.
"See ya tonight, darling," he said, pulling the blanket over himself and closing his eyes. He needed to sleep too.
Trin 16 years ago
"Sleep does sound good right now." At the thought, Trin yawned and gave Steve a little grin. "Feel free to use the shower upstairs when you wake up. We can arrange for some clothes tonight, too." She didn't bother to tell him that waking her up would be impossible until her body decided it was time. It was a simple fact of her life and something she was just used to dealing with.

After Steve curled back up and seemed to drop back into sleep, Trin climbed to her feet and made her way upstairs, pausing only to extinquish the candles scattered around the room and to turn off most of the hidden modern lights. The fire she left be - it would burn down the rest of the way soon enough. Pausing part way up the stairs, she looked back and couldn't help but smile a bit. "Sleep sweet, dear."

Stripping again, she took a quick shower, refusing to sleep smelling the way she did right now. Hair braided out of her way, a knee length tshirt to sleep in and she found she barely had the energy to pull the curtains on the bed before sheer exhaustion overtook her.
Steven 16 years ago
Steve woke up several hours later, at about 6:00. He assessed the area. Same status, except for the lack of Trinity, and the fire, which was now dead. He got up, stretching. His chest, which he now noticed was bare, was still hurting him, but he would manage. He looked around. A trash can sat nearby, with his ruined flak jacket, t-shirt, and BDU coat had been tossed earlier. Well, that wa no big problem. He could get new BDUs, and he had some extra body armor at home. The t-shirt, however, had been one of his favorites, a black Motley Crue shirt he had gotten at a concert in the early 90s. He grimaced, looking down at the tattered fabric. He would have to stop by a grunge store to replace it. He turned his attention to his pile of weaponery. All of it seem to be there, the explosives, the guns, the detonator, and the other little toys. He put on his belt, momentarily wondering why the hell he had been beltless. He ran his hand across his face, then assesed his wounds. All of them were healing nicely, it seemed. He would probably need to take a few days off from work. He looked around, locating the doors and windows in the room. With the layout of the area memorized, he turned to the table, gathering his personal effects. As he bent over to put his socks and boots on, he noticed that Trin had left his tags on him. Well, that was good to know. At least she would respect a few boundries. He finished up, strapping his backpack to his shoulders.
A noise behind him caused him to jump, gun drawn, and hit the switch on the light clipped to the barrel. A cat slunk by, giving him the stink eye. What had Trin said? "I can talk to cats," or something like that? Well this fleabag had it coming to him if it was going to keep sneaking up on him like that. He peeked out the window, after making sure that Trin was nowhere to be found. Dusk was setting in, and night wasn't far off.
Steve sat on the couch, running through the past year in his head. Between the academy, his new life, and Trin, he had to say, things were definitely different from what he was used to. In fact, he had some major problems, what with vampires and what not. At least there were only a handful of them around here, and no other nasty things running around. He decided some things right there: he would protect Trin, but all other vampires could go to hell for all he cared. Also, the human poplation would be a bit safer, at least from Trin, because Steve would kill her if she attacked an innocent person. Any other vamps who wanted to kill people under his protection would suffer the same fate, but they would probably have to wait a while for their demise. He just needed to find a good way to kill this stupid things. He listened, wondering if Trin was awake yet. He found himself wanting her company more and more. Damn that vampire.
He probably owed her an explanation of last nights events. He decided to talk to her when she woke. Whenever that would be.
Trin 16 years ago
Trin came awake all at once, with the thought she was forgetting something foremost in her mind. Confused, she started to sit up when Bj crawled under the heavy drapes. *Friend?*

Well of course she was the cat's friend. Why in the world... lightly touching the cat's mind, she caught an image of Steve downstairs. Crap. That's what she was forgetting. *Yes, he's a friend.* She sent reassurance at the feline and dragged the curtains back, climbing out of the huge bed.

Digging through her closet, she pulled on a clean pair of jeans and a light green t-shirt. Her braid had survived the night - she must have been even more tired than she thought to have moved so little - so she left it be. Coffee or Tea, something nice and hot sounded good right now. Her chest was completely healed, and overall, she felt pretty good. A bit slepp-fogged, but that would pass soon enough.

*Come on, furface, come meet our new friend.*

Steve was still sitting on the couch when she came down the stairs. A glance at the mantle clock showed it was just after 8pm - which meant it should be safe to pull back the blinds and open the place back up.

"Good morning! Sleep okay? Want some coffee or tea?" She smiled at him and brushed a hand across his shoulder as she passed, resisting the urge to drop a kiss on his forehead. She had no idea where that had come from. "I gather you've met Bj."

Retreating into the tiny kitchen area, she started a pot of coffee, not wanting to deal just yet with the odd feelings she got when he was around. Well, given time, she was certain he'd tick her off again and all would be well.
Steven 16 years ago
Steve heard footsteps behind a door. It was a mark of his newfound trust of Trin that he didn't blow her away as she came in. As he examined her, he could tell that she was feeling better. A noise made him look down. The damn cat that had spooked him like that was at the vampire's feet, looking at him as if he was mildly interesting. He almost shivered at the touch of her hand, but he controlled himself, and smiled back. "No thanks, I'm fine. As for the fleabag, you and him obviously differ in your respect for an armed and freaked-out man. You would have never snuck up on me like that, especially when I'm packing heat. At least I hope not. You know how I can get." He reached down and scratched the cat's ears. "How are you doing?" he asked Trin, looking up at her, his eyes locked on hers. He hoped his gaze didn't have the same effect that his sister's did. That girl could spook even the roughest of soldiers with just a look.
Trin 16 years ago
Trin shrugged and watched, bemused, as Steve scratched the cat. Somehow she she had thought he'd ignore the cat at best - or maybe threaten to shoot it. "I imagine you were as much of a surprise to Bj as he was to you. You at least had warning that I had a cat."

The coffee finished and she fixed herself a cup coming back to settle on the floor near Steve's feet. "You are way too jumpy sometimes - but then, this is my home, so my feeling perfectly safe makes sense. I hadn't really had time to consider other options. I needed help and this seemed the best place to go. Besides, I'd be willing to bet you've got an alarm system at your place - which is nothing compared to the protections around this place - that I would have wasted alot of time disarming while you were bleeding on me."

*We hunt?* Trin looked at the cat, who had opted to jump onto the sofa to give Steve a better angle to scratch from.

"Damn. I forgot I promised to take the cat hunting and now he wants to go. Well, he'll just have to wait."

*Later, furball.* Bj turned away, ignoring her completely. "Damn cat's trying to be spoiled."

She sipped her coffee and looked up at Steve. "So what exactly did I get shanghaid into last night?"
Steven 16 years ago
Steve thought back over his mission. He took a deep breath and started talking. "The NPD got wind of some weird-ass murders. People kept turning up with no blood and a pair of hole in thier neck. So we started invesigating. My informant, Tommy Brown, had been giving me snippets of intelligence for a while now, like who the next target was, where bodies were, that kind of thing." Steve sighed, looking at the ceiling. "Well, Tommy said he wanted to meet me in person, so he arranged a meeting in that warehouse. I arrived, and just as I identified him, Richard Durango, the murderer and vampire we dispatched last night, discharged that crossbow bolt into the side of Tommy's head. I pursued Durango into the sewers, where I took a bolt myself. That's where you came in, and you know as much as I do." He paused in his scratching of the cat. The stupid thing batted at his hand, sinking its claws into Steve's arm. He swore, shaking his hand like mad. The cat ran over to Trin, hiding behind the vampire and giving Steve a dirty look. Steve shook his head. "What is up with that damn thing?" His voice became more seroius. "Look, Trin. About the last few days, and the whole situation with me and what not, I am really sorry about all of this. I probably should have made a different choice that night. Then you wouldn't be dealing with me." He almost put his hand on her arm, but he couldn't bring himself to. He shook off his emotions, and became all business. "Before me and you go any further in this whole 'bonding' thing, I think I want to talk to another vampire. There's a few things I want to clear up, and I am not sure I can trust you 100% yet." He grimaced inwardly, hoping he hadn't insulted her too badly.
Trin 16 years ago
The more Stev said, the more concerned Trin became. Something here was very wrong. This should never have come to anyone's attention, should never have been investigated. That a rogue was able to function to this degree and for that length of time was a very bad thing.

"We have a bigger problem than you realize. This... case... should never have been investigated. Rogues occur - for a variety of reasons - but they are never allowed to get this out of control. Rogues are... well, fair game for whoever finds them. Generally speaking, we don't kill our prey. There are better ways of dealing with the situation and killing innocents... well, this isn't the movies. Believe it or not, vampires are not evil. Quite a few, like myself, prefer to hunt amongst the criminal elemant - those that deserve to suffer some return. But besides that - there are people in the department that are supposed to catch this type of thing, keep it from being investigated. It's complex, but the bottom line is that the Clans own Nachton. Period. Top to bottom, lock, stock and barrell." Trin gnawed her lip for a moment thinking. "I have to report this. My Elder is not going to be pleased. Let's just hope he doesn't decide to shoot the messenger." Not that she thought Sorin would harm her directly - but he did rather have a way of letting you know you were in disgrace that could make life very... interesting for awhile.

He should have made a different choice?
"I don't think you completely grasp the choices you reallyu had. Any other choice but the one I gave you would probably have ended up with you dead. What we fought last night - that was mostly humans. What would have come after you if you hadn't accepted my offer - well, what you did last night wouldn't have worked against the Hunt. Which is another thing I have to deal with - we managed to destroy at least 6 square blocks of the industrial area. I am so screwed..."

Bj looked up her, demanding attention. She scratched his ears and looked sideways up at Steve.
"You stopped scratching him before he was ready." Stopping her fingers, she 'spoke' to the purring cat. *That's enough, troublemaker. Go annoy someone else.* She shooed him away mentally, which he complied with, though he grumbled all the way.

So Steve wanted to talk to another vampire. Reasonable - to a degree. She suspected that it wasn't that he didn't trust her - but that he didn't trust what the bond was doing to his feelings. Submissive was not in this man's vocabulary and the bond was probably demanding a certain degree of that. She raised an eyebrow at him as a thought occured to her. "Up until a few days ago, you didn't even know we existed. You can't exactly walk aropund asking everyone you run across if they happen to be undead. You'd probably end up in a little padded room rather quickly. We have two options there. I can introduce you to my clanmates - not all of them, but one or two. Coming to the attention of the Elders would not be good right now. the other is that I can give you a token. If you wear it and someone recognizes it, it gives you an openeing. The downside to that is that you don't know Clan relations and politics. Advertising yourself as a member of Anantya might not be in your best interest."
Steven 16 years ago
As a soldier, Steve had been taught to make lightning-fast decisions, and to asses situations with the accuracy that would make most scientists green with envy. This question was no exception. "Option 1. It allows me to stay hidden, while getting the intel I so desperately need. I think it would be good for both of us if I stay hidden from the dentally-challenged community. But I don't plan on sticking around here much longer, and you'll have to kill me before I'll set foot in this joint again." He looked around, his gun hand on the butt of his pistol. "No offense, but this place gives me the creeps. I can deal with you, but a whole flock of vampires is gonna be rough." He grinned at Trin, a devious thought coming to his mind. He wasn't about to tell her what he was thinking, but an excuse came readily. "The only reason I can deal with you is because you're hot and dangerous. Constant adrenaline rush, ya know?" His thoughts turned to her "Elder." "How about this: I'll take the heat for the explosives. You tell him or her that I did it, which I did, and I'll get busted down. No biggie. Just give him some bogus location, and tell me to be there. That way, you don't suffer for my mistakes." He stood up, gripping the sub-machine gun. "I think I'll get lost now. But there's one last thing I gotta clear up." He unstrapped one of the pistols, an H&K VP-70 M. The military weapon had selective fire, enabling it to go from semi-automatic to a three round automatic bust. He handed it and the pouch of clips to Trin. "My gift," he said. He showed her how to clean it, then turned toward the door, making ready to depart into the unknown horror of a city full of countless threats and terrors that he was sworn to protect people from.
Trin 16 years ago
"Well, since I have no intention of killing you..." She grinned at him, letting her own fangs flash for the moment. "You're too much fun, even when being stubborn. Generally speaking, you won't need to come here. You can, if need be. There are few places in Nachton safer than the Manor."

Hot and dangerous? Her?? She blushed, and decided to toss it back at him. "Makes us rather a matched set, don't you think?"

While taking the path he offered was tempting, it would have some pretty bad side effects. As far as the Elders were concerned - she was supposed to be the one in control, thus the one responsible for his actions. Granted, the bond hadn't been fully in place yet, but still. Either way you sliced it, she stood a good chance of being toast. "We'll see. I'll figure out the best face to put on things. If nothing else, we did manage to get rid of a rogue that was in a position to do alot worse damage. Might grant us a few brownie points." Maybe. Another thought occured to her. "When you write up your report, please figure out a way for this to have been the work of your run-of-the-mill serial killer."

Trin was more than a little surprised when Steve handed her one of his guns. Stunned, she listened carefully as he explained how to work it and keep it clean. Idly she wondered what Ambrose would think of this particular weapon. "Thank you. I'm not sure what to say..." It didn't seem right to accept it without offering something in return. "Hold on a second." She ran up to her room and dug in her jewelry box until she found what she was looking for. While he might prefer to lay low, she'd feel better knowing he had proof on him of Anantya status in the event he needed it. Her clanmates would be honor-bound to help him if the need arose, though she doubted it ever would. Returning just as quickly, she offered him the small medallion, carved in silver with the Anantya crest. "I know you'd rather not advertise, which is understandable, but I'd feel better if you could prove your status if the need arose."

She shook her head as he made ready to leave. "I think you may be overlooking a detail here, dear. I drove. And cabs are not an option out here. Guess you're stuck with me a little longer tonight." She grinned at him, trying to look as innocent and cute as possible. "Let me grab a jacket and we'll get you back to your vehicle. Assuming it survived your little party."
Steven 16 years ago
Steve put the medalion in his pocket, then grinned at Trin. "I feel sorry for you," he said. "And I walked from home to Ground Zero. As for my report, I am two steps ahead of you. I ran into him, he set off the bombs, and I killed him. All solo, no fanged relations. That good?" When she went to get her coat, Steve decided to have a little fun. The cat, BJ, was poking around the door, possibly looking for an ear rub. Steve pulled off his glove, and hucked it at the cat's face. The glove hit the wall next to the cat, causing the animal to jump about a foot into the air, hissingfor all it was worth. The cat ran off, every hair standing on end, and Steve picked up his glove and put it back on, just as Trin came back. He tried to hide his grin, but that damn cat's shocked face kept popping into his head. He smiled at Trin. "You, uh, look good," he tried, but he knew that she knew what he had done. He had forgotten, she could talk to cats. A thought occured to him: now Trin had a spy, one that Steve couldn't shoot full of holes without getting his ass kicked by what appeared to be a "20-year old virgin." Wonderful.
Trin 16 years ago
Trin was pulling a simple leather jacket out of the closet when she 'heard' Bj's silent cry of alarm. Linking with him, she saw what Steve had done and shook her head. Men. Can't resist messing with cats. She calmed the cat as far as he was willing to be calmed (which wasn't much) and attempted to point out that Bj had started it by biting Steve earlier. The cat was pretending to be obtuse. There were days...

Coming back down the stairs, she divided a glare between the two of them. "Both of you better behave or I'll swat you." Steve's attempt at flattery simply caused her to raise an eyebrow at him.. She wasn't mad - the cat pretty much deserved something for the stunt he'd pulled earlier and it could have been worse than Steve startling him like that. But she'd let Steve sweat it for a bit. He deserved that for that hare-brained adventure last night.

Taking a quick detour into her "office," she armed herself for the night, picking out 3 knives of various lengths and intentions. Since she wouldn't be hunting or working, this, with what was in her Jeep would be plenty. "Let's go."

She led the way through the Manor, taking the shortest route to the garage area, hoping to avoid any of the other residents. They moved past dozens of doors, a few cross halls and around some corners. They did pass a few servants and residents - but she just nodded at them politely, the purpose of her stride advertisement enough that she was not looking to socialize. In the garage, she found her Jeep, nicely cleaned and ready to go. The servants who had dealt with it would leave the spare keys in her rooms for her later, when they knew she had left the grounds.

Trin climbed into the driver's seat and hit the button that would open her door of the garage, completely ignoring the dozens of vehicles lined up. "So we head straight to your place?" He had walked to the scene of the crime?? the man had to be insane.
Steven 16 years ago
"Yeah, I'll get changed, grab a different gun, then probably go bar-hopping. I really could use getting wasted. Getting laid wouldn't hurt either." Trin Drove the jeep expertly into the night. At least there was some good news: Today was friday, which ment he didn't need to work until monday. He just hoped Trin didn't show up on his weekend...

(Rowland out!)
Trin 16 years ago
There was no reason whatsoever for her to care about whatever plans he might have for his weekend. Well, at least not outside of his status as her familiar. Since he had never mentioned a girlfriend or wife, just his sister in the case of an emergency, she had just assumed he was single. That he might not be bothered her in ways she didn't really want to deal with right now.

"Well, try not to do anything that tears that shoulder up any worse." She tried to put some teasing in her voice, but it came out tight and controlled. Damn. She'd just take him home and go do... something. She had no clue what. But something would occur to her, she was sure. What a way to start the weekend.

(Trin out too!)