White Roses, Red Thorns ((attn. Amberelle))

Alexander's footsteps echoed dully across the polished wooden floor as he strode purposefully down the corridor towards Amberelle's abode. He walked with an almost military precision, back straight, legs drawing him forward and his right arm falling in step with his left leg. In his left hand he cradled a wrapped gift for his beloved, tied off with a plain red ribbon.

He wondered if Celeste were following him, or perched nearby in one of the alcoves, silently observing him. Alexander hadn't seen her in two nights. He had gone through his exercise and sparring routine alone. She would undoubtedly show up on her own terms, in her own time, and most likely when he least expected it.

If Alexander was being watched he didn't feel it now. Things had proceeded as normal for the past two nights. Ambrose had returned the report to him, along with several suggested changes. Alexander had provided the amended report in a sealed envelope to Rupert with instructions to forward these on immediately to the Elder of the Hunt. There had been no summons...yet. If nothing Alexander had been thorough in his report. If the Elder were to find fault with either him or the report, Alexander would personally shoulder the responsibility. That was part of being a loyal member of the Clan. Placing your own needs secondary to those of the Elders. It was something Celeste had mocked him for, but had grudgingly accepted.

Alexander came to attention with a slight click of the heels outside of Amberelle's doors. He rapped three times in quick succession and hid his left hand behind his back.

Amberelle DeEspionne 17 years ago
Amberelle had anticipated a nice lazy evening at home. Comfy black yoga pants and a white tank top were all she'd bothered to wear, and her hair was loose down her back in soft waves. She'd been curled up on the sofa with her latest novel, a steamy romance by one of her newest favorite authors and was already well into the fourth chapter when she heard the sharp rap at her door. A wide smile lit up her face and she hopped up. That crisp knock could be only one person and she walked quickly to the doors to open them for him.

She glanced in her mirror and smoothed down an imagined stray hair before pulling the mahogany doors open and grinning at Alex. The wrought iron doors were pulled open next and the younger Anantya flung herself onto her man. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she laughed, delighted to see him.

Hello, cheri, she whispered before kissing him.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander returned her welcome embrace and kiss. She smelt good and her laughter was endearing. He thought of another set of laughter that was far less light and joyous than Amberelle's.

Amberelle stepped back and pretended to shyly point at Alexander's left side.
"Do you have something for me, cheri?"

Alexander smiled and nodded graciously as he brought out the dozen white roses he had behind his back. "For the beautiful lady, with a red ribbon to tie back your hair."

He carefully handed them over to Amberelle, who looked enraptured as she received them. Her face lit up as she inhaled the fragrent scent. "You're too good to me."

She quickly kissed him on the cheek and pranced off to put the roses in a vase with some water. Alexander shut the doors behind him and slipped out of his jacket. He placed it on a nearby stand and made his way across the room to the couch. Alexander heard Amberelle humming some obscure tune as he trimmed back the roses and placed them in a clear crystal vase. She topped it up with water and proudly displayed them on a nearby table.

Alexander sat down and Amberelle literally leapt into his lap, twirling the red ribbon through her slender figures.

She snuggled into his chest.
"I missed you, cheri. You have been a busy boy."

Alexander swallowed slowly, but there was no malice in her voice, no hint of suspicion. He wrapped his arms around Amberelle.

"Personal business, Clan business."

She looked up at him, staring at him with those lovely Amber eyes. "And so you came for a little play?"

Alexander laughed softly. "Yes, cheri. But we need to talk. I need to talk."

She frowned softly at the change in the tone of his voice and she shifted around so she was straddling his legs and waist.

Alexander wouldn't lie. He would always tell her the truth, no matter how painful it could be. And he wondered how she would react to his confession. He honestly didn't know.

"
I met someone the other night at Babylon."

Amberelle clipped Alexander under the chin.
"Of course. It is a glorified meat market after all. I trust your meal was enjoyable?"

Alexander nodded slowly as he thought of poor, compliant little Jane. "Yes, she was. But that's not what I meant. I met your cousin - Celeste De'Espionne."

Amberelle's lips formed an 'o' and she fell silent for a second. She bit her lower lip. "Did she threaten you? Did you she hurt you?"

"Yes and no." Alexander answered with a sigh. "We fed together, we sparred together. We discussed you, me and the greater scheme of your family. My worthiness, or lack of it. She wants to spar with me again. I found out her quarters are not far from mine."

Amberelle listened in silence, her fingers clenched tight on Alexander's forearms.

"
I won't deny this Amberelle and it's better that you hear it from me rather than Celeste. There was something... a mutual attraction. It wasn't seduction, your cousin was not to blame. We were drawn to each other."

Tears welled up in Amberelle's eyes as she screwed up the silk of Alexander's shirt. "You didn't?" she said breathlessly.

Alexander shook her head.
"No, we didn't. But we easily could have. We easily could have. Both of us."

Alexander tried to avoid looking at the hurt in those Amber eyes, but he couldn't pull himself away.

"But I didn't. She didn't. We couldn't. Celeste has her own inscrutable reasons, but mine was obvious. You."

Amberelle looked up at him, confusion mixed with hurt, the tears rolling down her eyes. She tried and failed to brush aside Alexander's hands as he wiped her cheeks with his sleeves.

"I realized that I don't want anyone else Amberelle. I promised you tonight and tomorrow, and I couldn't guarantee you forever. But when I held Celeste I knew it was you I wanted to hold, to cherish, to love. You dislike the word and I understand why. I distrust the word but have come to accept it. I love you Amberelle De'Espionne, and you will always hear the truth from my lips. I'll leave if you want, stay away if you want, but I do and I will love you. Your cousin knows this, and so do you."
Her mind was reeling, one moment Amby was terrified for Alex, then for her own safety in fear that Celeste had come to force her home and away from him, the next moment there was this sensation of the world spiraling out of control. It echoed over and over in her head. "We easily could have." How could he have? What about her cousin could have attracted him? They were such opposites, the two De'Espionnes. If there was something in Celeste that drew him then what hope did she have, could she have to compete? Alexander was drawn to Cel. Her stomach churned. She felt like her heart had shattered into a thousand pieces, and try as hard as she could Amberelle couldn't keep the tears from coming. How she hated them, burning down her cheeks in a show of weakness.

Her eyes closed, she tried to compose herself as she thought. He said he loved her, and she knew it was true. She'd always known, he had never deceived her and she'd placed her trust in him for that. Maybe that was what hurt now? Did she feel betrayed? No. There were no commitments between them. It was true, he hadn't promised her much but she had been willing to take it, to accept it. To accept him, for however long he would offer himself. Amby realized he'd never promised to be faithful, or even asked her to be. And she'd never asked for it, she would make no demands on him she'd told herself. So now no matter how much it hurt she wouldn't, couldn't be angry with him. That didn't stop her from blaming herself.

Opening her eyes slowly, she searched his face for several seconds. The pain he was feeling was obvious, as was the sincerity in every word he'd said. The blonde swallowed against the lump that seemed unwilling to move from her throat. Her fingers still clenched his shirt front in a near death grip so she loosened them slowly and brought them up to gently cup the sides of his face. Her voice was barely a whisper, low and thick when she spoke.

I know you love me... and I don't want you to go. Her eyes still shimmered with unshead tears like liquid gold as she looked into his blue eyes. I need you, Alex.. Pausing for a moment, her thumbs stroked his face softly. I don't want anyone else, I haven't. I'm not asking you for anything you don't want to give.. that you can't give. A slight smile tugged at the corner of her lips. I know you will never lie to me. You've earned my trust, cheri. There was a long pause before she added, And my love.

Amberelle pressed a soft kiss to Alex's lips, her eyes never leaving his. I love you Alexander Westmoreland, you know that.. A tentative smile warmed her face as she studied him.
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander felt relief, elation, and happiness. Try as he might to keep his emotions in check, he could not deny what he felt. Amberelle had said what he thought he would never hear. And she meant it. There was no going back now. She was his and he was hers.

He cradled her body and kissed her gently. "I know Amberelle De'Espionne, and I'm touched to hear it."

He hugged her tight, and kissed her over and over, reveling in her beauty, her touch. That soft skin, those tender lips. He had promised her tonight and tomorrow and he was going to make certain that he would be there for her. He would never disobey the Clan, but Celeste's words of warning rang in his ears. There would come a time. Always a time when the two would conflict. He had confidently told her he would do his duty by the Clan first and always. It was what he had been trained to believe.

Amberelle wrapped her arms around Alexander's neck and placed her head on his chest. He stroke her long golden locks and held to her slender waist. What wouldn't he do for her? They were different, had different personalities, different points of view. But they had accepted each other for who they were, and what they could be.

The future looked a little brighter, Alexander thought. He didn't allow himself to hope, it was foreign feeling. But it tugged at his heart and left him feeling vulnerable. Alexander shivered in spite of himself. Amberelle sensed the change in his mood and clung to him tighter, kissing him reassuring on his cheek.

Alexander lifted her in his arms and spun her around. He laughed for the sheer joy of laughing. The moment would pass, he knew that, but for now he would savor the moment. She smiled coyly at him, fluttering her eyelids at him. He didn't need her to speak. He grinned back and her and carried her towards the bedroom.
Amberelle loved to see his smile, to hear his laugh. To know she made him happy. It filled her with more joy than she'd ever imagined could fit in one body. Three little words she'd longed to say, wanted to tell him for so long now but something had always held her back. Yet, when she truely needed him to know how she felt they had spilled forth effortlessly. And the deed was done. Her fate was sealed. Tonight, tomorrow, and every night for as long as he could give she was his. His love made her feel alive and whole. She'd give him hers and do everything in her power to make him as happy as possible. There were no delusions on her part, the blonde knew where his loyalty lay. But, there were far worse things to be second to than duty.

Alex laid her down on the bed gently, like she was the most delicate treasure in the world. Stroking the side of his face she just stared up at him before pulling him down into a slow, searing kiss. Every action he took showed her how he adored her. No one could make her feel as beautiful or as special as just the look in his eyes did. It was both humbling and empowering.

Amby twisted onto her side, moving aside to make space for him as he knelt on the bed and stretched out beside her. Amber eyes roamed over his chiseled features, ones she had committed to memory so many times and did once more . She couldn't help it and grinned at him. Alexander returned it, leaning forward to press a light kiss to the tip of her nose.

I think you are far too over dressed, she said with a soft giggle. Her hand came up and started undoing the buttons of his shirt and he kicked his shoes off and into the floor. He rolled onto his side to face her and waited patiently while she finished then tugged the silky shirt loose from his slacks. Slipping her arm around his waist she snuggled close with a happy sigh and pressed up against him. Nuzzling his neck softly, pressing little kisses along his jaw she worked her way to his ear and softly exhaled. Alex's answering shiver made her smile and giggle as he wrapped his arm around her tightly. Just a whisper, soft and low she breathed,

Je t'aime mon amour, et je t'aimerai toujours. J'ai besoin de toi, tu es l'air que je respire, le rêve auquel j'aspire, le seul, l'unique..
Alex West 17 years ago
Alexander kissed Amberelle tenderly, first on the left cheek, then on the right, and finally on her forehead. She giggled and threw herself back on the bed as he slipped off his slacks and pulled his shirt over his head. Alexander placed his clothing nearby on a set of drawers and carefully took off his watch, socks and shoes.

Amberelle rolled onto her stomach and watched him hungrily, tapping her feet together in anticipation as Alexander calmly lowered his briefs and discarded them. He flexed his back and arms, giving her a nice view as she whistled softly.

As he slowly turned around Amberelle whipped off her yoga pants and quickly tossed her tank top to one side. She curled a finger at Alexander, who merely arched an eyebrow and walked ever so slowly over to her. She grabbed out for Alexander's right hand as soon as he got within reach and pulled him onto the bed. Amberelle flipped him over onto his back with a sly laugh and straddled him.

She pinned his arms above his head and lowered her face till her breasts were brushing against his chest and her nose was inches from his face. Amber eyes sparkled with desire and longing as she smiled at him.
"You're mine now, I own you."

Alexander coughed softly. "Oh really, you think so?"

Amberelle licked the tip of Alexander's nose and laughed at his mock undignified look of horror. She brought her hands down and cupped his face, bringing it forward to meet her lips. She kissed him deep and then pulled back. "Oh, I know so."

Her words turned to fits of giggles as Alexander's hands quickly shot down and tickled her in the ribs. Amberelle lost all sense of composure as Alexander flipped her over and rolled on top of her. She squirmed as he pinned down her hands and gently licked around her nipples.

"Hey, no fair!" Amberelle gasped out as Alexander ran his tongue over her breasts. "You cheated."

Alexander looked up at her and winked. Amberelle pouted. "I'm an officer, a gentleman... and a rogue. Get used to it, cheri."

Alexander buried his face in her chest and Amberelle sighed contentedly and wrapped her legs around his waist.
Celeste 17 years ago
It had been too easy following Alex down the hallway undetected. He walked far too loudly, there'd been no chance of him hearing her footsteps even if he'd tried. And when she was blended there was no possibility of being seen either. Two nights now she'd watched him, waited to see what he would do. It had been business as usual it seemed and Cel was starting to think he would keep quiet about their meeting at Babylon.

Tonight she'd seen the roses and known where his route would lead even before he'd reached her hallway. Flowers to make up for guilt perhaps? It would be interesting to observe him this night. The warm reception from her cousin made the Creole smile faintly. Amby really did adore him. Celeste had stayed several feet down the hallway, perfecty still, but it was unnecessary effort since the blonde seemed to have eyes only for the tall Brit. She'd waited for the doors to close before making her way to stand outside them silently. The soft murmer of voices inside was not distinct enough for her so with a quick glance up and down the hallway she sighed slowly and became less tied to this realm. Her shadowy form slipped through the doors and into the younger De'Espionne's foyer. The moment she was through her form blended into the area around it again.

Smiling at the reflectionless mirror, her eye flicked up to the small camera pointed at it. That was her cousin, always so paranoid. A good habit. Her attention was drawn to the conversation just on the other side of the makeshift wall. Silently padding to one side Cel watched Alex's quiet confession. Part of her wanted to rant at him. After all she had specifically asked him to not mention her presence. Yet how could she be angry at him for speaking the truth? She hated liars more than almost anything else, so that he was honorably admitting their encounter, volunteering the information even when he had no reason to.. well her opinion of him rose yet again. It was nice to hear that it really had been a mutual attraction, and it made her smile.

It was Amber's tearful question that cut into her like a hot knife and erased it. Her eyes closed briefly in shame, but she forced them open. She would wallow in her own feelings later, right now she was working. It was with baited breath that she waited to hear Amby's reaction. If she was part of what broke the child's heart... it wasn't worth thinking about now, it was too disturbing a thought. Of all of the possible scenarios that went through her mind, never did the Nightswoman expect to hear the quietly spoken words that her cousin made. Her jaw was faintly slack and she blinked a few times, unsure she'd been correct in her hearing. Trust and love, without asking for anything in return? Dieu, just how much had their little golden child grown up these past few years?

Cel leaned against the wall some, shaking her head slightly as the couple embraced and her mind worked furiously. Her expression was a bit more amused as Alexander scooped up his beloved and carried her off towards the bedchamber. Crossing her arms, her foot tapped faintly. Certainly she could leave now, she'd found out what she'd come to see. But.. there was a part of her that was curious, and she had to admit, a little voeuyeristic and wanted to see just a little bit more of how this worked itself out.

Since they had been kind enough not to shut the doors into the bedroom Celeste decided to take that as a sign and walked stealthily over. There was a tenderness in the Englishman that sent a pang through her to watch. If she had any lingering doubts as to if his affections were true they were erased then. Actually the sweetness between them was bordering on disgusting so she had to press a hand to her mouth to keep from laughing when it suddenly became more lighthearted.

Swallowing down her mirth, the brunette gave one last lingering glance at Alexander's delicious form. He was quite something to look at, and his character was just as pleasing to her. With a mental salute, she spun on her heel and headed quietly for the door, nothing more than a whisper of air though the suite.

((OOC Celeste out =D ))
His mouth sent shivers through her as he teased her. Amberelle squirmed some, her hands still pinned. She wanted to run them through his hair, to caress him, feel his skin under hers. But her beloved had ideas of his own and kept a firm hold, denying her escape. So the blonde arched her back, thrusting her breasts up towards his mouth with a soft whimper. Alexander chuckled softly and gently tugged one tight peak inbetween his teeth, making her gasp loudly. Her legs squeezed around him tighter.

He tormented her mercilessly for several minutes until Amberelle's head thrashed lightly from side to side and soft whimpers came from her throat. When he finally released one hand to squeeze a swollen breast she immediately gripped his shoulder and let her nails press into his skin. Her whimpers became gasps and she tried to pull his head towards hers. With a smile he acquiesced to her demands and claimed her mouth in a deep kiss.

Both hands released now she slid them up and down his back, fingers running over the dips and ridges of his muscles. Alex began to kiss down her jaw, towards her neck and she shivered. Gripping his waist tight Amby moaned, her body burned with her need for him.

Please, cheri.. she panted.
Alex West 17 years ago
Amberelle gripped his buttocks tight and pulled him towards her, wrapping her legs around him fully. Her lips pursed and quivered as Alexander entered her and began to slowly move back and forwards.

She moved her hands slowly up his body and wrapped her hands behind his exposed neck. She gasped as she pulled him down and bared her fangs. She plunged them into the side of his neck and called forth his vitae, shivering as she felt the blood pass her lips and fill her mouth. Alexander moaned softly and and drove himself harder against her thighs and Amberelle considered to suck and swallow the dark nectar.

Amberelle rocked back and forth, keeping in rhythm with his thrusts. She pulled her mouth free and licked the wound clean. She bit into her tongue and opened her mouth, inviting Alexander to reciprocate.

He dipped his head and greedily fastened onto her lips, biting his own tongue and letting the blood mingle. It was stronger now, the hunger, more urgent as the pair drew upon the blood, ignited by their growing passions.

Alexander pulled back, his fangs stained with blood, and ran his tongue over his crimson lips. Amberelle grabbed at his taut arms, her head tossed back as she groaned, arching her back to meet him as he thrust onwards.

Amberelle locked her hands around Alexander's arms and with a wild cry pulled him to her left and rolled with him so that she was on top and he was below. His hands reached out for her breasts, caressing and squeezing them as Amberelle raked her hands across Alexander's chest and began thrusting with more urgency.

Alexander lowered his hands and gripped her waist, lifting her up and bringing Amberelle down on his engorged penis as she forcefully moved up and down, her damp hair plastered to her face. Her hands continued to rake over his chest and stomach, her eyes closed, lips slightly parted. Her breath was shallow and forced as he rose to meet her, sitting upright so that her breasts rubbed up against his chest.

Alexander wrapped his hands around Amberelle's waist and lowered her backwards, bearing her weight as she slid back and forward. She began stroking herself with her right hand and gripping him with the right, calling out his name as he drew her back and forward.

A bead of sweat formed on Alexander's brow as he struggled to hold back, waiting for Amberelle to cry out and shudder with her own inner pleasures. Pale blue eyes stared at her with a mixture of lust and love, and he knew he would never take another with as much passion again.

Amberelle was spiralling quickly out of control. Sweat ran down her brow and covered her golden skin in a fine sheen. Her hair was tossed about wildly, long strands clinging to her damp skin. They moved at an almost frantic pace, Alex drawing her body back and forth on him. Her breath came in rough gasps now, punctuated with low moans. Her eyes flew open, shining a brilliant gold as they met his cool blue. The burning intensity in his stare was matched with equal parts lust and love in her own as she watched him, watching her. It sent a sharp stab of electricity through her straight to where her hand moved over the core of her desire, stroking her own fire higher and hotter.

Locked in that gaze she didn't breathe. Around them the world seemed to grind to a halt, time standing still as he slid in and out of her burning flesh. Right here, right now her mind knew they were one, two halves made whole. Amby knew then there would never be another for her.

A hard shudder coursed through her, followed by another. Her left hand gripped his forearm, her nails clawing at his skin. The blonde drew her breath in with a hiss, and her mouth opened wide in a silent 'oh' as the pressure in her built to a peak. Her head fell backwards, eyes squeezed tight as waves of pleasure crashed over and through her and she screamed hoarsely.

The feel of her quaking around him was enough to make him lose control. Alexander's grip on Amberelle's waist tightened, leaving faint bruises on her as he leaned over her and drove himself harder and faster into her. She arched her back, still overcome with her pleasure and cried out his name, urging him on with her hands and body. An almost feral snarl drew his lips back and he plunged his fangs into her upthrust breast as he buried himself within her and shuddered.

Both vampires lay still, weak and damp with sweat. Alex slowly lifted his head to look at her, his beloved. She stroked his hair softly, a serene smile on her face. Amberelle ran her thumb over his jaw lightly and caressed his cheek. Voice thick with pleasure still, she whispered, I love you. Gently rolling them both onto their sides he gathered her close to him and pressed a kiss to her forehead as he softly murmured his love. She snuggled into him and smiled.

((OOC Amby and Alex out, lock up please))