Behind closed doors (Attn: Amberelle, dawn)

After letting in Dawn and Amberelle, Darius closed the door behind him.his eyes looked about his living quarters and was relatively surprised. Nothing of his had been touched since the last time he left the manor. Some dust had gathered sure, but it was as he left it.

He motioned for them to make themselves comfortable. His living space was divided into two rooms, on e for functions such as this, and the 2nd room for his personal space.

"Would you like something to drink?" he offered them while he poured himself a rather large glass of scotch. he grabbed the remote control for the cd changer and hit shuffle. The first song it played in 18 months was "Black No.1" By Type O Negative. He savored the bite of the whiskey as he drank a sip.

(Ooc: for refernce purposes: Description of his living space at http://www.sanguineaffliction.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246)

Dawn Ratana 17 years ago
Glancing around, she grinned and winked.

"49ers fan much?"

When Type O- came on, she nodded subtlely. Maybe they would get on okay - it wasn't country or top 40 or something hella mellow. Looking around some more, she took inventory of his toys. Weapons and instruments. Cool.

"Sweet."

Taking him up on the beverage offer, she poured herself some straight tequila and took a seat on the floor, legs stretched out in all of their pink and white leather clad glory.
Amberelle DeEspionne 17 years ago
Amberelle was with Dawn, as she followed her friend in pouring herself a more than generous glass of tequila and found a comfortable looking spot on the floor not too far away. Glancing around she took in the suite and pondered the implications. It was not quite what she would have expected, but seemed to suit her clanmate and spoke of his tastes.

Taking a small sip and letting the burn slide down her throat before speaking, she looked at her companions as if to say, so now what?
Apollyon 17 years ago
he finished the glass in his second sip and poured another. As he moved from the bar to take a seat, he wondered for a moment why they sat on the ground. Shrugging it off, he rested the cane on the ground and sat on a crimson suede sofa in front of them.

"Ok, everything you hear stays here or at least until the time's right. This man is my responsibility, I created him and I will kill him as well. I met up with him about 500 or so years ago in Ireland. I had lived there for some time before I met him. As best as I gather, some of the locals must have been approached by someone I fed on, he was the parish priest. One night he happened upon me feeding on someone. He attempted to fight me off. He was quite impressive for a human. After I subdued him I offered him the opportunity to join me. I was pretty lonely at this time; I saw a chance at having a companion, something I hadn't had in... " He paused as he searched his head, blinking he continued, " I don't even know. I turned him. After his change I couldn't believe how fast he became."Â? He took a drink, "Fast enough to escape me." He Looked downward toward his glass and took a drink."Since then I hadn't seen or heard of him until 18 months ago. He ambushed me; he was a much different man. Lunacy burns in his eyes. He believes he is the angel who exacts God's vengeance. Apparently he wanted to exact his revenge on me for creating him. After that night outside that bar, I woke up in chains, in a room that was pitch black, and naked as the day I was born. I might have saw light a few times a week, only when he would come in to "Purge evil from my body" as he called it." he winced at the memory." I call it getting stabbed, sliced or beat like a piece of meat. He starved me as much as he could, I could probably count the times I fed on my fingers and toes. He locked the children he fed on in the room. I don't think any of them lived after I finished feeding. Instinct took over; he could have put anything in that room. I still would have fed on it. But that's what I escaped." shivering at the thought of his recent memories, he took a rather large sip of scotch again.

"But this guy is my responsibility. I will find him, and kill him. I will accept the Elder's punishment for my indiscretion. Whatever it may be, it will only be a scratch compared to what I've just been through."
Listening to Darius' tale in silence, Amberelle watched him with little emotion showing on her face but her honey colored eyes were sad. She could see where the Roman would feel the desire for a companion but thought his choice was.. well, the results spoke for themselves. Draining the last bits from her glass, the blonde stood and went to pour herself a refill. Still digesting everything, she was torn between her sense that the clan should be made aware of this rogue's threat and her understanding of his sire's desire to keep it quiet and personal.

I think, Amby spoke slowly and chose her words carefully, I think that I agree you should handle this. However, she glanced over her shoulder at her clanmate to make sure he knew she was serious, There needs to be swift action on this. If he does anything stupid I'm sure you know what could happen. 'Like the Council blaming him for his child's actions,' she worried.

Turning and leaning against the bar she quirked an eyebrow at Dawn as she wiggled the tequila bottle, offering the other woman more as well.
Dawn Ratana 17 years ago
A bit out of her comfort zone, Dawn fidgeted for reasons she couldn't quite place. She could surely empathize with the kid, in that he didn't really have a good parent, but at the same time, the dude totally skipped before getting the real deal all laid out. And to torture you pops? That was just all kinds of fucked up right there. But was the guy changed unwilling? What was the source of the hate? What if it was justified in the kid's mind, bent as it was.

Fucking heavy. She just wanted the problem gone so that things'd be regular again. Nodding to Amby's sentiments, she held out her glass for fresh liquid. Who says drinking can't help?
Apollyon 17 years ago
He pondered the blonde's carefully chosen words. He acknowledged with a soft nod and returned to his drink.He knew the clan would react harshly if any other of theirs suffers the fate he has. But he doubted that any else would. If he would go after other vampires, he would most likely just kill them.

"Indeed this must be done quickly, but I'm about as useful in a fight right now as a stroke victim running a marathon."

"It shouldn't take too long to retrain."

He wondered how long it would take for his balance and to gain his strength back, that he couldn't know for sure. But he was sure of one thing. He would do all he could to facilitate a quick recovery.a long pause of silence gripped the room. trying to break the ice, he cracked a half smile.

"Sooo, uh how about that local sports team? the nigh(NY) mets are my favorite squadron."

(OOC: that last quote shamlessly stolen from the simpsons =P )
Leaning over, she refilled Dawn's glass with a healthy amount of tequila. Amby returned the bottle to the bar and leaned back against it, arms crossed as she listened to Darius and drank quietly. Yes, this was a situation that needed liberal amounts of alcohol applied to it. It occured to her to offer assistance tracking down this renegade Anantya, after all she'd hunted quite a few clanless in her time serving Gustav. The man loved to drink kindred blood whenever possible and the De'Espionnes had been more than willing to supply the Ancient with any source other than their own necks. Her golden topaz eyes stared into her glass as she weighed her words and tried to decide how to phrase her offer. Amberelle looked up, broken from her thoughts at his joke.

Cracking a grin, Amby shook her head at her clanmate. I'm afraid about the only team I follow is the Saints. And it's not football season so.. The blonde shrugged a shoulder. Quickly draining her glass again, she shivered and set it aside. Glancing down at her friend she offered her a hand up. Why don't we get out of here and let our cousin here shower and get some needed rest eh? Looking over at Darius, she raised an eyebrow and asked, Unless you prefer not to be alone? I can imagine after so long you may not want to be... The Creole's sentence trailed off as she waited to see who wanted to do what.
Dawn Ratana 17 years ago
Sipping uncharacteristically slowly through her drink, she continued to moil through the problems at hand. There really were no easy answers to this, and action was the only solution. Too bad it had to wait for him to heal up.

Accepting the hand up, Dawn drained the dregs of her glass on the way. Placing it on the bar, she shrugged.

"Jus don't take TOO long gettin' healed up. It'll give'm more time t'dig in n'git backups set. Also ups th'need fer more'n just us."

Walking to the door, she opened it. Standing for a second, she turned and said

"But get better. An welcome home an all that."

((ooc: Dawn out))
Nodding in agreement with Dawn's words, Amberelle waited for her friend to step out the door before walking up to Darius. Giving him a quick once over, she decided he'd be fine for the night. The Creole's voice was low but warm when she spoke.

Oui, the sooner we begin to move the better our odds. Pausing a second she gave him a half smile. I've hunted rogues professionally, and personally, so I know this is nasty business. Get your strength up cousin, and we will talk soon, ok? You can come see me any time, and we can make preparations. Just look for the wrought iron outer doors off the foyer, that's my suite.

Nodding she turned and stepped to the exit. Pausing and turning in the doorway, she gave him a parting smile. Welcome home, Darius. Rest up.. and sweet dreams.

((OOC Amby out!))
Apollyon 17 years ago
he gave a simple shrug as his clanmates seemed to leave awfully quick, although he didn't really give any inclination to stay, he didn't react.he would've have given anything really, to have someone to just spend time with him, not even say anything.... just really didn't know how to say it. He felt alone, right to the core. He had originally thought that immortality was the answer. But who knew? even in his millenium and a half year lifespan he had little more to show than the life of a human's. Well except for the multitude of indescretions and in-exaustable amount of currency he had.But that currency could be lost with a simple mis-cue of a keystroke.

He had long debated whether or not love was real. In his long life he spent his lifetime alone. After his time in Rome he decided it best that he kept to himself for fear of being betrayed. However he realized that for all this time, he had betrayed himself. By pushing everyone away he condemned himself. Condemned to a hell he would serve in solitude, for longer than any mortal or vampire that matter would dare dream of. Left to himself, He coulden't believe it was that simple. Soilworks "song of the damned" blasted on his system singing to himself he quoted the lyric

"Live for the moment; get killed for the thrill. Bleeding aching, Bleeding aching" he paused a moment and continued

"Song of the damned, never ends. So don't pretend. We are Condemned where we stand, Where we stand."

He didn't really know how to alter himself, but from this day forth he would see to resolving his emptynes. That was all that mattered not a multi-millenium existence that had little more to show for it than a massive stack of papar, but in a eqivalent that saw everything in him ranging from dispair to his hightest elation.

After his clanmates left his thoughts turned again to Rogziel. Burning hate filled his heart. Given his own bloodline for it, this was a small penance for the time alone he had fared over the centuries.

"it's still worth it" he thought to himself as he crept further into his alcolic fugue.He picked up his drink and headed to the jet-powered bath his suite was equipped with. He thought maybe, just maybe this would provide him with the comfort he felt coming to him.

(OOC: Apollyon out; Lock ... Thanks =) )