Color Coded Glory (private, attn Arin)

Dani walked rapidly through the hallways that made up the PR department of Meridian, firing off instructions to the two interns behind her and sweeping through doors as soon as they were opened for her by a third, younger intern in front of her. They must, she thought, make for an amusing sight. She was ordinarily quite comfortable opening her own doors but at the moment her hands were full of papers and file folders and so the extra help was nice, even if she thought surely there were better things to keep the young man in front of her occupied.

She was privately annoyed at the amount of paper in her hands. Arin was quite comfortable with technology and Meridian was generally very forward thinking; she didn't understand this completely unnecessary and wasteful reliance on printed documents.

Well, she mused, Rome wasn't built in a day. It was interesting to see, though, that it was just as often the older staff members that were willing to adopt new paperless systems, while the ones who were really far too young to be so set in their ways clung to their multiple printouts and written out forms.

Her thoughts were mostly background noise; her main focus was on getting everything in her arms sorted by priority so when she stopped by her desk she would know what she was taking to Arin and what would get left behind. She could of course talk to him at any time by phone but, she thought with wry amusement, some things just required them to meet in meatspace.

'How very old fashioned of me.'

Dani's desk was a place feared by some and revered by all in the department. A monument to organization, it stood in all its color coded glory as a testament to all that was good and orderly. Even the post it notes left behind by scurrying interns were affixed at ninety degree angles to the edges. For all its intimidating virtues, though, her office was a bright, colorful place. There was almost always music playing (work safe, and at a reasonable volume) and the atmosphere was one of professionalism and intensity rather than the oppression and stress that resounded in so many corporate environments. Swiftly, she put the superfluous files away, swapping them out for other documents that she slipped into a binder before pulling her palm pilot off the charger and heading back out the door.

One of the interns had once told her that she made it look easy, being organized and on top of everything at once. That was the impression she was going for, but in all honesty it took considerable and deliberate effort every day just to keep everything under control. Her natural tendency was toward a more chaotic approach and her home, which while clean and tidy took more of a 'pile' approach to organization, reflected that. Here, though, entropy would swallow her up in a day if she let it, and so she constantly railed against impending disorder. The interns, though they didn't know it, helped hold her accountable. She kept strict rules about how things were supposed to be handled with respect to her desk and that forced her to keep her own regulations. Theo, a frequent visitor, also helped more than she knew - Dani always knew something was out of place if Theo became anxious upon entering the room.

Her trail of interns had scurried off to complete their tasks, leaving only her apparent door man to keep her company while she walked down the hall. Deciding, after hearing listening to his succinct but articulate way of speaking, that he should try his hand at a 150 word press release, she sent him off as well and approached Arin's office alone. They had several things to discuss but Yuu kept working her way to the forefront of her mind and she hoped to make a decision on what, if anything, to tell her friend.

Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn jumped back from his computer when MARI popped her head into the middle of his screen. It was something of a going joke and unfortunately for him it got him every time. It was hard not to be solely focused on the screen in front of you and it was more than a little startling to have a female head pop up in the middle of it.

"Damn it, Mari."Â?

He muttered and calmed down as he waited for her to explain the intrusion. Dani was on her way to his place. Should she let her in? Of course, she should be let in. MARI raised an eyebrow at him and disappeared.

Alfarinn stood up and smiled at his familiar's entrance. He moved closer and took her folder and set it on the desk. Now that Dani's hands were mostly free, he gave her a warm hug.

"Good Evening and how have you been?"Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani let her ‘work face’ drop a fraction as she entered Arin’s office and shut the door behind her. Relieved of her burden, she returned the hug, finding her spirits were up just seeing her boss.

“Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes? Good evening to you too…”

Stepping back into her own space, she looked up at Arin, smiling.

“I’m fine – keeping busy, but things are actually looking pretty good.”

She gave Arin a searching look before returning the question. “What about you, Arin?” Looking to the binder on Arin’s desk, she added: “I don’t want to drain too much of your time with this stuff, it’s just a few things really.”

She came from good intentions, though in reality it was more than just ‘a few things’ – not that it was that great a quantity but there were important decisions they needed to discuss. This was the job, though, however much she disliked adding to Arin’s already complicated life. She did the best she could to, in biblical terms, separate the wheat from the chaff and give Arin the information he needed to know to make the choices that were his to make.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn reached over and rolled one of the extra chairs up for Dani to sit down on. Retaking his own seat, he smiled and answered her question.

"I'm wonderful. Happier than I've been in a long time."Â?

Alfarinn shook his head and smiled at her.

"I will always have time for you."

Tapping on the top of the binder, he said.

"So what have you got for me? I'm sure its all candy and flowers."Â?

She did such a wonderful job for the clan and the company. He would be truly lost without her and somehow despite being so sharp and efficient Dani still honestly cared about things...and people. It was one of the many qualities that made her so special.
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani took the offered chair and crossed her ankles, her eyes going soft when Arin told her how happy he was. How sweet! This Thaddeus fellow….had better be the real thing. She did warm a little when he told her that he always had time for her; he didn’t, not really, but he would (and often did) –take- time for her.

Her grin went wicked when he brought up work, and she reached for her binder, pulling out a spiral bound document and an envelope, setting them both on the desk with a chipper announcement.

“Flowers. Candy.”

Shaking her head, she opened the spiral bound booklet first.

“This is draft four of our quarterly. I highlighted a few sections…” she paged through the document “that need your eyes. In particular this bit on our investments in the middle east. I think,” She made eye contact before continuing out of habit, wanting to give him a chance to interject before she steamrolled him with her opinions. Arin almost never cut her off and she would venture to say he valued her contributions, though, and it was this belief that made her keep speaking. She could do that in private, though for her own sake she preferred to keep certain lines intact in public. “We need to strike a balance between full disclosure and simple brevity, particularly when it comes to the Iraq investments that won’t pay off for some time, and when they do pay off it will be in indirect ways that most people won’t understand. Some people will feel threatened no matter what we say but there’s simply no reason to frighten and confuse people in a misguided attempt to explain our complex interests. If we over talk this we’ll sound defensive about our efforts.” She looked down at the paper, reading out loud. “’Meridian is excited about the vast potential for humanitarian efforts in Iraq and looks forward to participating in this new market from the ground up.’” She looked up again. “And I think that really says it all…of course some of our writers couldn’t leave it at that,” she smirked “so it gets into specific investments and what is happening with each.” She chuckled a little and shook her head. “All of that is a very long way of saying that I think this copy is solid, but it’s your call.”

Sliding the report over for Arin to browse at his leisure, she turned next to the envelope.

“On a lighter note…” she said as she unwound the string keeping the envelope closed “Sven is leaving for college and we need a new you.” This comment would be inexplicable to most, but Arin would know what she meant; Sven was his daylight body double.

She fanned out several photographs and pointed to one with a manicured nail.

“This one, Aeryk, is a really good likeness. His voice is kind of nasal though, sounds like he has a cold.”

That could be bad; Dani imagined hundreds of fan girls rushing the towers with bowls of soup. And she was sure some of the trashier ones would just love to offer him some comfort in his time of need.

Hmmph.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn smiled grimly at the gifts she laid on his desk. Tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, he carefully inspected the documents as she presented them. Touching the papers brought images of Dani's quick efficient hands sorting and filing the information; he smiled to himself.

"Yes, the negotiations with that area of the world on going to be tricky at best these days but really it has been that way for some time."Â?

He wondered what the American public would think if they knew how much of the poor relations with that area of the world was the doing of their own government -before- the war. Alfarinn nodded gravely at his familiar, glad to see that she fully understood the intricate and long term plans of both Meridian and Evenhet. It was sometimes hard for those short lived to grasp that the goals of the company and the clan were both far reaching. It would seem incomprehensible to many even inside the company, perhaps even foolish, but it was the eventual outcome that was most important.

"They should not expect to be given all of the information. I trust our people to tell them that which they need to know and I am sure you have cautioned them to mention no more than that."Â?

Leaning back in his chair, he gave her a smile.

"It looks sound. I'll give it a longer look later but I'm sure if you've given your approval then it is as solid as a rock."Â?

Alfarinn looked down at the pictures and shook his head in amazement. It was getting much easier to find teen aged boys his own height than it had been in centuries past. The one Dani pointed to, Aeryk, was a very good likeness. He frowned at the information about the boy's voice.

"Hmm well he won't have to do much speaking. It is also possible that it has not fully deepened; how old is he?"Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani nodded in quiet agreement with Arin’s assessment, not wanting to over talk her case. It also might be good to give him a chance to think things over – Dani knew she had a habit of playing out both sides of a debate in full before the person she was having a ‘conversation’ with had a chance to get a word in, but she really made an effort not to do that as she got older.

She did smile at the double meaning behind Arin’s words; of course in this matter dispensing information must be carefully done but certainly there was a larger picture to think of as well.

“It’s almost second nature for most. Every once in a while I think it’s good to take a step back and evaluate the phrase ‘need to know’ but discretion is the default I suppose.”

While sometimes that discretion was a good and reliable thing in difficult situations, Dani couldn’t help but feel that it was dangerous to let the habit of ‘keeping mum’ grow so strong that she didn’t even consider truthful answers. That was, she thought, the first step good people took toward going dirty.

That was, however, an internal debate for another time. She looked down, a little blushy at the compliment, but recovered quite quickly.

“Well, I, and a number of other bright people you hired, think it’s ready.” She chuckled a little. “And on schedule, too….which means something is going to happen tomorrow that will change everything we need to put in this report, no doubt.” It wouldn’t be the first time; they’d seen a few full on ‘stop the presses’ moments in her time at Meridian. Nature of the beast.

They moved on to slightly less sticky matters and Dani took a moment to dig through her memory on Aeryk.

“He’s actually only sixteen, if you can believe that. We found him in, of all things, -Minot-, North Dakota. He and his parents were working on a modeling portfolio but…well, he didn’t exactly live in the most cosmopolitan of areas. At any rate, you’re right – his voice may well have some developing to do. I think we could probably work with him, just wanted to forewarn you so there wouldn’t be surprises on that front.”
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at Dani. She was such a joy in his life with her quick wit and caring soul, so young but capable. If any one person embodied the daylight for him it was her. She was all that was good about the human world, his ray of sunshine. Danielle brightened his life and gave him hope that the cause he and Megan and started was still worthwhile and within their eventual grasp.

He nodded at her gentle reminder about the paranoia and secrecy that most vampires employed as a life saving habit.

"Of course. People do work better when they know what it is they are working for. I trust your discretion in this matter."Â?

Her assertation that everything was ready and therefore would be completely changed in the morning made him chuckle. Alfarinn grinned knowing that such things happened far too often in the corporate world.

"Sixteen? How tall is he now?"

He considered the other information about Aeryk. The boy was obviously of Scandinavian background but he was American.

"It is fortunate that my accent is mostly gone so there is at least nothing like that he has to learn. Do you know how much schooling he has had? "Â?

The human persona of Arin had private tutors according to all press releases and was very bright, especially gifted in history. Alfarinn snorted to himself; imagine that. He had also attended night classes at the university in Nachton as well as brought professors for short courses in various fields to teach him at the Towers from around the world. These had been for his own benefit because he was truly interested in learning new things but Sven had always been invited to join in on the ones that also interested him as well. Aeryk would have to at least be capable of sounding knowledgeable and this would require a vocabulary higher than "Dude, that's fuckin awesome!"Â?

He nodded thoughtfully.

"Hmm thank you. I think that if he's willing to do the part then it should be easy enough to get him trained by the time Sven heads off to college. He won't have too many years of working the part before we'll have to find an older me to make more public appearances. Perhaps if he works out he can continue the role...if he's willing."Â?

Sven seemed to enjoy the job and knew the reason for the deception. He was a good kid and Alfarinn thought he was a wonderful addition to the Evenhet family. Being someone else did take a toll on anyone, especially one so young and he was not surprised that Sven had wanted to go to college and live as himself. There was no doubt that the similarity to Arin Björn would follow the guy where ever he went but at least now he could make his own identity.

Sven's immediate relatives resided and worked in the Towers. The whole family wanted for nothing and neither would Aeryk's if he took the part. Alfarinn did not have his own family to spoil rotten with his wealth but he could spoil others. Sven's mother always made him sit down and eat potet klub saying that it was good for him. He always did as he was told, happy to have an adopted mother looking out for him even if it was a fleeting shadow of the real thing.
Danielle 17 years ago
Now that Dani had fully switched gears from quarterly report to new body double, she answered Arin’s questions confidently.

“He’s six four; he’ll need a little help from the shoes but I don’t imagine it would be a problem. Smart kid, actually; he was home schooled, which I had misgivings about, but he pulled very respectable scores on his standardized tests. We found him through a talent search ad and he sent us an essay.”

Pulling the folder back toward her, she opened it to Aeryk and pulled a single printed sheet free from a paper clip.

“That might have sold me as much as his face. He’s quite articulate for someone so young.” Setting the sheet back down for Arin to skim now or read in full later, she nodded in agreement and settled back into her chair. “I’ll get the process started, if that’s what you want.”

She couldn’t say, this early on, whether Aeryk would be willing to stay to play Arin into adulthood, though that would obviously be the best case scenario. There had been some talk of Arin moving away from his teen idol lifestyle, both within the clan and outside of it, and while those sorts of comments usually came from people who had no idea what Arin’s true role within the clan and the company was, she imagined everyone would expect him to grow up. For her part, she would adapt to how ever her boss’s role shifted and changed.

Thinking they were ready to move on, she pulled out her notes from the house hunting she’d done. She had a three ring binder full of photos, advertisements, and her own opinions written in purple ink in the margins. She had only put the best of the best choices inside and there was still a surprising amount of material.

“This is for you and Thaddeus, though I get the impression you’ve made up your mind about the church? Anyway,” she added hastily, lest she come off as pressuring Arin to make a decision “there are some good options you might want to consider if you change your mind.”
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn frowned upon hearing how tall the sixteen year old was. He would probably still have more growing to do and that could easily make him taller than 6'5"Â?.

"I hope he's mostly done with the growth spurt... You know I wonder how tall I would have ended up being..."Â?

He let that wistful wondering cease and looked down at the essay that Dani handed him. Home schooled sounded a bit worrisome as well. How social was this kid likely to be? Would he be able to handle the attention of screaming girls and demanding adults?

Looking down at the paper, Alfarinn smiled. This was good actually, very good.

"With the modern ability to interface with others while sitting comfortably at your computer the human aspect has been taken out of many conversations. It is easier to forget that there is another person reading your words to be hurt or cheered by them."Â?

He continued.

"The author worries about the future of our society when the self absorbed children of today become the leaders of tomorrow. Will they just send us an email saying "Your needs are unimportant. Don't forget to vote in 2042?"Â?

Alfarinn chuckled and set the paper down to look up at his familiar.

"I like this kid. I wonder if he would welcome the chance to make a little of bit of difference."Â?

The role would be an excellent opportunity for Aeryk to work for some causes that were dear to him as well. They would have to be approved as something that Alfarinn would be willing to endorse but otherwise he was quite happy to let his double control some of the decisions of their dual public life.

Dani handed him another file and he grinned.

"Oh, that's great of you. I am sure Thaddeus and I will have fun looking it over. The church is pretty charming but it might be possible for us to be swayed into something else. I think we need to fully decide what front we're going to use and that might help our decision."Â?

Tempting as it was to look through the folder, Alfarinn wanted to leave it unopened until he could look at it together with Thaddeus.

"So what about you? What has been going on in the life of Danielle Martin, business woman extraordinaire?"Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani was pleased that Arin seemed to like Aeryk, at least on paper, considering it wasn’t all that easy to find a good match for her boss’s distinct appearance. She did frown a little, feeling a wave of compassion at Arin's musings over his height, but as he seemed to want the moment to pass she didn't dwell on it. She knew him well enough to understand that he was, not lingering in sorrow, but simply thinking of what might have been. Even so, it was hard not to feel sympathetic when she thought of all the things Arin had missed in his human life. And to not have a choice...

...well, no one could say that Arin hadn't done everything in his power to make the world a better place for humans and vampires to coexist than the one he had been 'brought up' in. What that might or might not have to do with his personal history was entirely his business; the point was that they were doing good work.

Making a note in her planner to schedule an interview for Aeryk while Arin put away the folder of house hunting notes, she looked up with a little smile when he asked her what she’d been up to. She didn't need a prelude to go to Arin with something that troubled her, but it happened that there truthfully were a few things going on in her life that he might be interested in hearing about before she brought up Yuu.

“Oh, this and that. I'm thinking of moving exercise classes, looking into obedience school for Fatty...yeah I don't think it's likely to do much good either...” The exercise class she mentioned because she tended to gain a little group of suckups and friends from work when she went and it was a good idea to keep Arin informed on where the company hot spots were. Fatty she mentioned because...well, she thought Arin liked hearing about Fatty. “...and an old friend from college just moved into town. She took the open ADA position actually and...well to be honest I'm worried about her. I had thought that she would be able to keep a low profile, not being that high on the ladder yet, but while we were out recently we ran into Simon, who seemed...overly interested.”

Simon was a friend of Arin's, she knew, but they were both well aware of the fact that in certain arenas they were competitors as well. They would each always look after the best interests of their clans and their businesses. Some, she reflected with a streak of stubbornness, would do so more ethically than others. She leaned forward a little, speaking in confidential, serious tones.

“I was hoping we could discuss talking with her, before someone else does. I think this is a case of needing to be armed with just a little more information than she currently has, and I can't imagine a good relationship with the DA's office would -hurt- us.”

She hoped that it didn't sound as though she had Yuu 'in her back pocket' but she felt it was important to emphasize, not just how this would help Yuu, but how it would help Evenhet.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
He nodded to the information on the exercise class and then smiled at the thought of Dani's rotund little hound doing more than sleeping in obedience school.

"...No, it probably wouldn't. He's a good dog in his own way just not as energetic as those prissy poodles that prance around the boutiques. Threaten him with wearing some of those awful dog outfits and I'm sure he'll do whatever you want."Â?

Alfarinn settled down to listen more closely as Dani explained that she was worried about her friend. She knew that he would have looked into helping the girl out simply because she had asked but Dani was also very good at spotting a potential benefit to Evenhet when it appeared.

He frowned a bit at the mention of Simon seeming too interested in the newest ADA. The Tacharan elder was friend and yet a rival. He could not afford to let good relations get in the way of what was best for his clan and in this case a friend of Dani's.

"Invite her to lunch or an early dinner. I'm sure MARI can let you know what times I have free. I'd rather see her protected by Evenhet who can do more for her than the Tacharan. Though either would be better than no protection at all."Â?

Considering the situation, he smiled at his aid and asked.

"How much do you think she should be told? And how would you like to introduce the subject?"Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani smiled in relief at Arin's easy agreement and was quite pleased when he asked her for her opinion on how to go about telling Yuu. It was always nice when they were on the same track and it so happened that she -did- have a few thoughts on what Yuu should know.

“I think as the ADA she needs to know that there are powers in this city that will be looking to influence her and have some unique ways of doing so. She's going to need to know what vampires are, what familiars are, how to spot them and at least an idea of the different clan agendas.” Dani hesitated before going on. “As a -friend-....I'd like her to have a chance to see what Evenhet is like, what we stand for, what my role in the clan is...and make it clear that most of us are just trying to live our lives with the best of intentions and aren't 'out to get' anyone at all. That's the exception rather than the rule, but she still has to be prepared for it.”

That was a mouthful. Still, she'd only answered one question – there was still the matter of how to tell Yuu.

“I like the idea of bringing Yuu to the towers and maybe introducing her around…let her see how important everyone here is to me and start off by explaining how much like a family we are. Then go on to explain how some of us are a little different.” She smiled gently at that. “I think making her see that we all really care about and support each other first is a good idea. At that point…mmm, might need some proof. Perhaps I could enlist the help of a telekinetic for that – it seems the most straightforward and least invasive measure.

Once we get that far we’ll need to explain the dangers to her, and options for protecting herself. If she's given to understand that she has choices I think this'll go down easier.”

Alright, it was probably obvious that she'd given the matter some thought. She looked down, a little sheepish, but lifted her head quickly enough to see what Arin had to say. She was secure enough with her boss that requesting something didn't make her uncomfortable any more but it didn't do to be too assuming, ever.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn listened to Dani as she went through her thoughts on what Yuu needed to know and he agreed that those were all very necessary items. Essentially there were powerful people out in the world and she was on their list of interests. Not all of them had morals and scruples and if the Evenhet and the Tacharan did not show an immediate interest then it was only a matter of time before the Anantya's gaze turned in the young ADA's direction. That, in Alfarinn's mind, was the worst possible outcome. She would be a minion of the Elder of the Night or someone very much like him.

He smiled at Dani's way of handling the situation; it was delicate and respectful to everyone involved. Danielle had a way of putting people at ease while laying out even the hardest of facts. She infused seemingly unsurmountable situations with hope and positive initiative. If this situation was handled wrong then they could lose Yuu as a possible ally forever but worse than that they could make her an enemy. It would be bad for Evenhet and worse for Dani.

"I believe that is a wonderful way of dealing with this. I hope afterwards she understands just what a good friend you are for being willing to risk yourself and your company for her sake."Â?

Raising a hand to forestall any protest, Alfarinn smiled and added.

"Evenhet takes risks all the time and I believe Yuu is a good choice for such a thing. Sooner or later someone would show her the truth and it is better us than someone less caring of human rights....but you are her friend and you are willing to risk that for her safety and welfare."Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani smiled at Arin’s assessment of her proposed course of action, though it faded to a concerned look when he went on to mention the risks. Did her boss have doubts, then? She hated to think that he was giving her ‘her way’ just because she’d pushed for it. But no, it would seem he just needed to voice his thoughts, not to object to anything but to ensure they were known. She smiled, giving a little shrug.

“Yuu’s a safe bet. I really do feel good about this.” Nodding decisively, she added: “Thank you – I think this really will work out.”

Returning to her folder, she checked to see if there was anything else that required discussion before looking up again.

“I have a few things that require your signature here, but that’s about it from me. Was there anything –you- needed?” She looked expectant, poised to take whatever directions he might have, and of course there was another meaning behind her question. Dani had no idea when Alfarinn’s last meal had been and he might be in need of her.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn smiled at Dani's enthusiasm. He could not see her considering someone false a friend and that was comforting. This ADA might actually be an honest person. It would be good to give her a chance to stay that way.

He leaned forward and signed the papers that needed his approval while he considered her question. Turning back to her, Alfarinn shook his head.

"Not today. I'm fairly well off but I thank you for the offer."Â?

Consideration was given to his and Thaddeus' current situation; it had been the thing foremost on his mind. Dani had done an admirable job keeping everything running well in his and Megan's absence. His sister was still away and he was not certain how much longer it would be until the whole clan began to notice. It was not something that he could deal with currently himself, and his efforts on Megan's behalf had less than optimistic results so far.

"If you hear from my sister then let me know."Â?
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani nodded at Arin’s request regarding his sister, not without sympathy. Her boss was concerned over Megan’s continued absence but there was little she could do aside from being her usual reliable self.

“Of course I will, Arin,” she said with what she hoped was an encouraging smile. “I’m sure she’ll check in soon.” Of course, how much light the Elder shed on her mission or her whereabouts was anyone’s guess, but past experience told Dani it wouldn’t be much. Still, she knew her boss would be glad to hear anything at all.

“I’m going to leave you to it, then – I should go send the interns home.”

With a crinkled little smile she stood and pulled her purse on her shoulder. It was something of a long standing joke that she tormented the interns whenever Arin wasn’t looking but lately she had been working some of them fairly hard. Finishing the quarterly was a big accomplishment for them; their role had been small but essential. They deserved to hear the good news and go out to celebrate.
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Alfarinn smiled gratefully at Dani knowing there was little either of them could do but wait for Megan to contact them. Where ever she was, Megan did not even want him to know what was going on. He could have perhaps dropped everything here in order to chase her down but his clan and his partner needed him. Megan no doubt knew that and Alfarinn felt that was something that she was counting on.

He stood when she did and gave her a warm hug. It was good to have a chance to see Dani; he had missed her company. Chuckling at her statement about the interns, he replied.

"You are too kind to them to be a proper slave driver. I see that we will have to get you an advanced training course on that subject."Â?

Still smiling, he added.

"You can tell them they can have a day off if they like. I'd say the same to you but I'm not sure you would take it...but if you happen to want it then bi all means have some fun."
Danielle 17 years ago
Dani returned the hug and stepped back, laughing out loud at the idea of taking a slave master training course.

“Oh, I'm sure they'd like the day off more than what I had planned for them. I'll let them know...and order pizza for the kissups who insist on staying.” She gave a little wink to show she was kidding with the 'kissups' comment and started to head out with a friendly wave, but Arin's offer gave her pause.

“I do have fun,” she said with a little smile. “Really.”

With that assurance out of the way, she headed for the door.

“Have a pleasant evening, Arin.”

/ooc Dani out!