Oh, one more thing...

Kyle stood outside the red patten leather door of the new exotic dance club Babylon. It would be fair to describe his disposition as warm and fuzzy - but then strip joints always did that to him. He was there, ironically, to do a job - a job he was more than happy to do.

The sun was setting behind him as he nodded to the doorman who gave him a curt nod. Kyle was expected, thank god, otherwise he was pretty sure the doorman would break him in two just for breathing his air. The door was held open for him and he scooted past the doorman with a smug smile. The door closed behind him, shutting out the last of the day and enclosing him in the dark, pulsating heat of the club.

Alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. With a deep breath, Kyle closed his eyes and mentally tried to taste the alcohol lingering in the air. Surprisingly enough, the bar was not filled with smoke, more than likely adhering to the city no smoking policy in all businesses. He was thankful that he would not smell like an ashtray when he departed.

Kyle stepped down into the center pit and weaved in between the tables filled with business men and women. Beautiful women strolled around the club, offering up dances and company. With a smile, Kyle exited the pit on the other side and walked into the back of the club known as Dante's Inferno or some such. There was some heaven and hell theme that Kyle could care less about, but his suspicions that the back end would be even more dirtier than the front end were correct.

Standing along the outer rim of the elevated dance platform, a mixture of latex and leather were being put to good use by two very bodacious women. So engrossed in the performance that he did not notice Mr. Do's assistant standing behind him until she tapped on his shoulder.

Her name was Miss Rockefeller. No relations her bio had mentioned. The paper had done an extensive inquiry into the proprietor of Babylon and his staff and not surprisingly, Mr. Do seemed to be rather elusive. Miss Rockefeller was the club's point of contact and standing at six feet tall, most of that legs, Kyle was happy Mr. Do was detained.

'Miss Rockefeller?' Please, god, Kyle thought.

Babylon Manager 17 years ago
Miss Rockefeller, with her tight dark brown bun and Armani suit gave Kyle Evans a quick and proper smile. With a wave of her hand, she directed Mr. Evans away from Dante's early evening performance and towards a door with no door handle. A small glass panel lit up with her presence and she put her right hand flat on the glass. The cold glass grew warm and with several whirls and clicks, the door opened about two inches.

Miss Rockefeller pushed the door and held it open for Evans.

'This way to the administrative part of Babylon. I find it easier to talk without all the distractions.' She of course meant Kyle being distracted and implied so with a slight roll of her eye and glance down the long hallway.
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
She was saying something.

'Huh what?' Rubbernecking as long as he could before he passed through the door, Kyle gave a sad sigh but perked up again at the sight of Miss Rockefeller.

'I just have a few questions about the murder that took place the other night. Any leads, any questions, any suspicious behavior? Anyone abruptly quit? Are you single?'

Miss Rockefeller looked over her shoulder as she led the way down the hallway to her office and gave him an annoyed look.

'I'm just joking, I have a girlfriend and she's kinda mean.' Kyle batted his eyelashes and smiled.
Serial Killer 17 years ago
Jeremy Harrison bit down on his tongue as he walked into Babylon. Hmm, someone must be talking about him, he thought to himself.

Walking into the club, he made his way through the increasingly thick crowd towards the bar and ordered a martini. He turned and then leaned back, resting his elbows on the counter as he looked around the front half of the club.

It had been several weeks since the opening of Babylon. He wondered if maybe his little incident had put a damper on the festivities. Hmm, that probably would be possible, Jeremy thought. In any case, he had left the city, hopping around the coast and then back to Nachton, returning that morning. The murder seemed forgotten already, which he has happy to use to his advantage. Watching the waitresses walk by with their trays and thongs, Jeremy smiled brightly at all the possibilities.
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
Time passed...at least Kyle was acutely aware of time passing as the Babylon Manager droned on about the night of the murder. He had taken out his pen and started to play with the cap - click on, click off.

On.

Off.

Drone.

Sigh.

Look at boobs.

On.

Off.

Boobs.

The manager clearing her throat.

Kyle's eyes snapped up. He gave her a slight shrug that he was positive conveyed the reason for his distraction. Her breasts were spectacular and if God didn't want men to stare, he wouldn't have put them so high or made them so god damn gorgeous.

It was God's will.

Kyle clicked his pen closed and stood up, offering his hand to the manager. She seemed perplexed and then annoyed as she took his hand. Kyle gave her a hearty salute, considered having fish for dinner, (mahi mahi - that was just fun to say) and then turned towards the door of her office.

'Oh...one more thing.'

Kyle was aware of more time passing as he hurried down the hallway after the manager had answered his last question. Granted it was without words and with a stapler being chucked him, but he had to ask when her show was up next so he could see if her gams matched the rack.

Living on the edge of a sexual harassment suit was the life for Kyle Evans.

Strolling back out towards Dante's, Kyle stood once again watching the new show that was performing on the elevated platform. The outfits were...unique. Kyle made a mental note to ask a waitress if they sell those outfits and snorted at Nova's inevitable response when he presented it to her.
Palmer 17 years ago
Strippers were useful friends to have. They saw quite a bit, worked convenient hours, and you generally knew where you stood. In his experience they generally didn't mind sitting down and chatting with a nice polite gentleman who treated them with respect, and Palmer was quite capable of being one of those men. It never hurt, in any case, to socialize and make a few friends, though this impulse worried him on some level, much like his unrequited interest in Claire. He needed to remember that eventually he would be going home, back to Charleston, and shouldn't be making these kinds of ties. The longer he stayed here the more difficult that became, though; who knew how long he would need to be in Nachton, what with everything going on with Thaddeus and getting wrapped up in Clan politics...and hell, he hadn't even -started- his own investigation, his original purpose in coming to this town.

At any rate, 'making friends' wasn't the real reason he was here, though it made for a decent excuse. Thaddeus's case was starting to get to him, he supposed; the past few days in particular he'd felt the strain and tonight he felt the need for a little good old fashioned escapism. Being of a more extroverted persuasion, this meant being around other people, and tonight he wanted something uncomplicated and entertaining. Sure, many things fit that criteria, but Babylon was close by and he'd been curious, so here he was.

In heaven.

Which, come to think of it, was just exactly how he'd pictured it.

He'd chatted up a waitress named Faith (he doubted that was her real name but it made for a nice fit in Heaven and, again, knowing where one stood was a good thing) who would be performing in Hell later on. He'd asked her to surprise him on his drink, and she'd brought him a Manhattan. She was apparently a cigar expert, so they'd talked about that for a bit until the club filled up too much and she had to go.

The show was a good one, with talented dancers and a good upbeat crowd. There was subtle sense of humor mixed in with the sensuality of the club that he liked; it had a nice spark of intelligence. Deciding to check out the other side and perhaps get close enough to the stage to give Faith a hello, he got up and made his way across, feeling his stress ebbing away into the crowd. Noticing a man standing and watching the show, he grinned and made a comment as he walked by.

“You can sit down, you know – most of them don’t bite.”
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
A slow grin spread across Kyle's face as the show progressed. Occasionally his eyes would widen and at one point he began to clap happily. With a wistful sigh, Kyle tried to recall having ever been in such an elaborately themed strip club. He encountered a bit of drunken haze in his recollection so he decided to clap happily some more and just enjoy the show.

“You can sit down, you know – most of them don’t bite.”

The sudden disembodied voice startled him out his contemplations and he turned toward it. A face he did not recognize - dark skinned, tall and friendly. Not one to be rude...wait, yes he was. Snorting to himself, Kyle gave the dark skinned fellow a wink and laughed,
'They don't? Where's the fun in that?'

Turning towards the show again, Kyle reached out with his hand and offered it to the stranger. Without looking at him, but looking at the pink latex hottie doing something downright dirty to the other purple latex sex kitten, Kyle introduced himself.

'Kyle Evans. Nice to meet you.'
Palmer 17 years ago
Palmer chuckled in response to the man’s adventurous take on matters, thinking that if he liked being bitten so much there were quite a few people he could introduce him to. He took the offered hand, though by this point Kyle had already turned his attention back to the

“Good to meet you, Kyle Evans. Palmer Calhoun.” A pause, and then he continued. “And I would –swear- I’ve heard that name before.”

This could get awkward if it turned out Kyle was some sort of public official; Palmer was beginning to worry that was the case, actually, and started looking around for goons. Of course, equally embarrassing would be finding out Kyle was incredibly famous and he’d missed the next big thing.

On the stage the ladies were engaging in a bit of play fighting, and he grinned a little, thinking they were certainly…spirited.
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
Kyle gave Palmer Calhoun a sly side smile.

'I am notoriously annoying and a reporter for the Nachton Times. I specialize in the freakishly lame and things that go bite in the night.' He paused for a moment. 'To put to bluntly, I suppose.'

A scantily clad waitress approached them just then. Kyle pointed towards the beauty happily and ordered. 'Vanilla Coke.' Then he held his index and thumb apart about a half inch and added, 'Ice.' Bringing his hand up to his mouth, he playfully admonished the service industry and their drink portions.

'They'll screw you with the ice. Fiends!' Kyle pointed to the waitress and raised his eyebrows at Palmer, silently offering a drink.
Palmer 17 years ago
He gave a healthy chuckle at Kyle's job description, remembering now where he had heard that name. The reporter was a figure of some controversy among the maids at the Grand Piazza, attracting both fans and (more often) dissenters. Palmer decided not to mention this, though, as it might not be considered complimentary, but he did wonder what people would say if he announced that he had met the local celebrity in a strip club. Not that he ever would, of course – he was of the 'nothing dirty about a little entertainment' school of thought, but he understood some people (vultures, puritans) would love to bring someone down for visiting a 'den of iniquity'.

Looking up at the stage, though, he was forced to amend his thoughts slightly. That -was- a little dirty...though at least the two women had apparently made up and were getting along quite well now.

“Ah, a man of the press, excellent! And it would appear you've come to the right place, for the latter at least. You know you're in a good line of work when you can come here and call it research.”

He beamed a grin to show he meant that in the nicest of ways, then turned to the waitress, whose name, according to the tag, was Bunny. A bunny in Hell – for some reason that struck Palmer as rather amusing. Kyle gave the 'go ahead and order' gesture and he fixed his grin on the young lady, wondering if she was, indeed, the fiend Evans had accused her of being.

One could hope.

He ordered another Manhattan and watched her walk away before turning his attention back to the stage.

“Ah, I think you're right, Kyle Evans. She looks pretty fiendish to me.”
Celeste 17 years ago
Ok so looking like you worked here wasn't the wisest idea, Celeste had come to realize. In the course of the couple of minutes it had taken the vampire to walk from the front door to reach the back and enter Hell that had become apparent. In that time she'd had to break at least three hands and dislocate a few wrists from men far too eager to squeeze and fondle her pale ass under her quite short skirt.

But damnit to hell if she wasn't going to look good when she went out. And the PVC corset she wore with the offense initiating, matching black PVC skaters skirt, shiny PVC black and blue striped thigh highs and knee high buckled and spiked boots certainly did. Especially with her three quarter length PVC coat worn open on top. Her favorite accessory was the full neck covering PVC choker she had made with a delicate silver charm that dangled over her corset enhanced clevage. Very few people would ever understand what the stylized eye with a star meant, but any clanmate would recognize the Night's symbol. Celeste proudly advertised her affiliation, even if she wasn't what most would ever consider Anantya.

Her heavily kholed eyes surveyed the crowd until she spied a open table near a couple chatty men. 'I swear to Dieu if one of them grabs my ass I am going to chomp down right here, public or not,' the vampire thought sourly. Plopping down in a chair she kicked her feet up and looked for a waitress.

Kyle Evans 17 years ago
'God I hope so.' Kyle muttered as he smiled up at the stage.

He probably looked like an ass standing so close to the stage, staring up at it like an adoring fan, so he turned to look for an open table. Spying one he nodded towards it just as a woman sat down at it, propping her feet up on the table. Feeling ever so sociable, Kyle walked over and introduced himself.

'Hi there, mind if me and my friend share your table? The view is spectacular.' He gave her his best smile and hoped she didn't stab his eyes out with a fork.
Celeste 17 years ago
Yes, there were few things that made better distractions than naughty girls in delicious latex outfits taking turns punishing one another. At least that's what Celeste thought. Even needing a drink was a secondary thought at the moment. Tilting her head slightly for a better angle she grinned. And then a voice cut right into her rather lascivious thoughts. Annoyance surged and she turned her cold blue eyes to...a rather delicious looking man. Hmm. This could be interesting, she thought.

Swinging one leg over, offering up a large flash of thigh, the vampire toed out a chair while giving the stranger a slow head to toe once over. Yes, very dishy. It looked like she could find a little entertainment and maybe even some after show dinner. Nice.

Please.. be my guest.
Palmer 17 years ago
Apparently Kyle Evans was finally thinking in the direction of sitting down; he supposed ordering a drink meant you were committed. Grinning, he followed the reporter over to what had been an available table moments ago but was now occupied by a petite raven haired woman dressed in a gothpunk mix. Kyle didn't seem to have a problem with sharing; in fact, he wondered just what his new acquaintance meant by 'the view' - the stage or the person in front of him.

Coming around to the stranger's other side, Palmer slid out his own chair and sat down with a genial 'thank you, it is -so- nice to find good seats', then gave Kyle a smirking grin. Looked like the reporter had found himself a live one with this lady - she seemed to like what she saw and wasn't shy about showing it. Still amused, he turned to the dark haired woman and beamed a smile, offering his hand to shake.

"Palmer Calhoun; pleased to make your acquaintance. "
Celeste 17 years ago
Celeste sat up straight and twisted to get a good look at the dish's buddy. Not bad either, maybe she could get a two course meal out of the evening's fun. Taking his outstretched hand in hers, she gave it a firm shake. Giving him the same come hither kind of grin she'd just bestowed on tall dark and delicious, the vampire introduced herself. Celeste De'Espionne, and the pleasure's all mine.

Glancing around with a slightly annoyed look, she asked her tablemates, So, who do you have to kill around here to order a damn drink?
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
Kyle gave a nervous laugh and sat down on the opposite side of the little vixen. He tugged a little at his tie and waved a waitress over for their new companion. Meeting two new people at once - wow, Mom would be proud, Kyle thought to himself.

He sat for a few moments, continuing his full on oggle of the show in front of them before he spoke up again.

'Were you both here for the opening night? I heard it was an interesting evening.' He hoped to at least get some first hand information from some of the people who were there that night. The best person to ask was probably the snooty District Attorney assistant, Yoo-something. Before he did that, he'd want a first hand account of whatever anyone could tell him.
Palmer 17 years ago
Palmer gave a broad smile at Celeste's introduction, thinking she seemed like a gamey lass, and sounded southern besides.

"The tall fellow here is Kyle Evans." He beamed. "So now we all know each other."

To the reporter's question, he had only a slight shrug and a disappointed answer. "I'm afraid I missed it," he said with an open handed gesture, as though to say 'what can you do?'. "Must have been quite a show." Babylon seemed to pull fairly good business, though that was fairly unsurprising given their target audience and location.

Giving a little wave to Faith as she stomped out on stage in boots that looked slightly dangerous, he moved back a little to let the waitress set down his drink. The dancer he'd met earlier had changed out of her heavenly garb into something positively devilish, and it was hard to decide which look appealed to Palmer more. Of course, she hadn't been swinging around a pole with surprising athleticism when she was an angel, so that pushed things slightly in the devilish look's favor.
Celeste 17 years ago
Celeste just sighed and shook her head in response to Kyle's inquiry. Nope, sorry. I just got to town a couple days ago. It's my first time here.. Giving them both a wicked grin, she quirked her pierced eyebrow and asked, Think they'll be gentle with me? Then again, she mused with a smile as she watched the girl climbing on stage, maybe I don't want them to. And damn I love those boots.

Turning to the waitress, the vampire leaned back to admire her rear view as she set down the guys' drinks. Pulling her business Amex from her bust, she set the platinum card on the girl's tray. Red wine, something cold and rich. Sliding a hand up to squeeze the back of her thigh, Celeste added with a grin. And a nice big tip for you too, cheri.

She wouldn't feel guilty charging up the tab. After all this trip to Nachton was family business and no way was she paying for anything while it was, was her logic. Her attention was divided between a twisting undulating dancer and the two people sharing her table. So Kyle.. Palmer.. you two from around here? Neither one of them really sounded like they did, but you never knew.
Kyle Evans 17 years ago
Kyle watched Celeste handle the waitress with that vampy bisexuality that seemed to run rampant in Nachton. Not that he ever objected, he just never quite understood it. Never part of the metro crowd, Kyle Evans flew his hetero flag high and proud.

Taking a deep pull of his drink, he frowned at the amount of ice and his shoulders slumped.
'See. Fiends.' Shaking his head, he leaned back in his chair and pulled his right leg up, grabbing the ankle and resting it on his other thigh.

'Nope, not from here but a transplant. Originally from Vegas but in Nachton about 11 years or so.' Kyle watched the scantily clad women walk by. 'I really do like it here, despite recent events. I'm a reporter at the Nachton Times and my girlfriend is disgustingly rough and sexy.' Grinning, he took another drink of his Coke and then posed a question to his table mates.

'Speaking of which, is it me or are all the women in Nachton bi-curious? Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you.'
Palmer 17 years ago
Celeste leaned back a little in her chair, presumably to watch the waitress go (a pleasant sight in and of itself), but the angle brought attention to her (considerable) curves, and to the necklace resting comfortably on top of them. Both of his eyebrows went up at that before a grin spread over his features.

She was a nightsman! Palmer decided this was a delightful development and wondered if he should find a way to tell her they were kin. That would probably be the gentlemanly thing to do.

After Kyle had explained his situation, Palmer started in on his.

“A rough sexy girlfriend can made all the difference,” he said with a wise nod that turned to a smirk before turning to Celeste. “I myself hail from Charleston, South Carolina, just here for a…” He faltered and waved a hand to buy time, realizing he was right back to thinking about how long he was staying in Nachton. “…while,” he finished with a grin. “longer than expected, as a matter of fact; perhaps this city will draw me in after all.”

He threw back his head and laughed heartily at Kyle's question, wildly amused, then held his glass high in the air.

"No, no they’re just fiends!" he cried cheerfully "They're all -fiends-!" Raising his glass to dangerously high levels, he concluded, with great merriment. "To fiends, and rough sexy girlfriends!"
Celeste 17 years ago
Laughing at the men and their drinks, Celeste shook her head and smirked. That's why I like ordering wine.. no ice.

Celeste smiled at Kyle as he spoke, but sighed in her head. A man that mentions his girlfriend when a pretty woman is coming on to his is either very much not interested or very dense. Either way it looked like he wouldn't be tempted to a dark corner or a private room for a little 'necking.' What a pity, he was quite good looking. That left only Palmer on the menu for the moment. Still.. certainly not a bad option, she thought.

Laughing at the rather boisterous toast, Cel simply smiled. With no drink to toast with she mearly nodded to them both.
Well I am afraid I can't answer your question really Kyle.. I'm from New Orleans, her accent drawled it out in the unique way only locals seemed to pronounce it, so I can only speak for women there. Which would be because it's so damn fun, and drives most men wild. And anyway, she added with an amused grin, who said I was bi-curious..? She stressed the last word for emphasis and gave him a wink.

A glass of wine appeared and Celeste smiled over into the waitress' nicely displayed breasts as she leaned to set it down. Taking her card back and sliding it away in her own clevage, the vampire just grinned in admiration until the woman was almost out of sight. Turning her icy eyes to Palmer, she lifted her glass and swirled it, giving him a very lascivious grin.
So tell me Palmer... just what would draw you in? To the city, I mean.. she added after a pause. Yes, Celeste was definately looking forward to something warm and fresh to eat. Anything else on top of that would be pure laigniappe.