Shadows are for secrets - Megan (PRIVATE)

Ellis had decided that one of the perks of being the leader of an undesirable but powerful clan is the wide berth people gave her as she walked thru a crowd. She never had to worry about someone spilling a drink on her or breaking her groove.

With a wide smile, she made her way to the back of the room, to a large, red leather door with equally large bodyguard standing next to it. She watched the bodyguard grab a male patron who had strayed too closely. Grabbing him by his shirt collar, the man is heaved back towards a table dining approximately 2 meters away. With a loud crash, Ellis approached the red door.

She stopped and tilted her head prettily at the large man. Quickly the man opened the door for her, bowing deeply. Ellis reached up and patted the man's cheek and puckered her dark red lips at him. Before her were steel stairs leading down to another lobby.

In this lobby were several more bodyguards guarding the entrance to the private room. She approached 2 guards in particular. Walking up to one, she reached up and touched his silk tie. In an playful, chastizing voice,
'Sebastian...Jeremiah.' Then she dipped her head and cast her eyes down for a moment. 'Please tell Megan I would like to see her.'

Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan sits perched on and expensive leather sofa, her arms wrapped around a bit of male fluff she had collected and brought to her from the main floor. As Sebastian comes in, she gently pulls away from the young man and gives him her ear. She raises her eyebrow as the gaurd whispers news of Ellis' arival in her ear, and she gives him a nod before sending him back out into the lobby.

"Something's come up my love." she says to her companion "Some other time perhaps."

The man looks dejected as he leaves her, but Megan just kicks her feet up onto the sofa, and waits for her new guest with a coy smile on her face.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
A moment later Sebastian returned and signaled her with his arm outstretched to walk in front of him. Ellis sauntered in and walked directly to Megan where she was outstretched, waiting for her. Ellis slowly nodded, closing her eyes and softening her usual grin. 'Megan, may I have a moment?'
Megan Björn 18 years ago
"Of course," Megan says, gesturing to the other sofa. "Please, wont you sit?"

She takes up a martini that had been resting on a nearby end table and takes a sip, then motions Jeremiah over.

"Be a dear and fix our guest a drink." She turns to Ellis. "He's really quite skilled, you know. What will it be?"
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis watched the ancient's fluid movements and couldnt help but be envious. Megan had lived hundreds of years longer than herself. It would've been profondly disrespectful for even someone as arrogant as Ellis to not acknowledge. The power Megan had would always be the one thing that kept the Tacharan subservient.

Ellis waved the offer to drink away and took a seat across from Megan. The reluctant alliance between the Evenhet ancient and the Tacharan had proven to be profitable but unpleasant. Ellis needed Megan to provide a legtimacy for her clan. Her clan, she mused. It was because of Ellis' information provided to the Evenhet's regarding her creator that put Tacharan into her lap. She knew the older Ancients were against the split that made Evenhet and they're even more disgusted with the split from Evenhet that produced Ellis and her clan. Both had the upper hand, it would appear.

Pressing on,
'I'm here to discuss the harvesters, dear Megan. There are ironically not that many clanless vampires which has lead me to rethink the manner in which we will attain our...similar...goals.' She looked back at Jeremiah. 'You know, I think I will have a drink. Scotch, neat, if you please, dear?' And smiled.
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan frowned, setting her drink on the table. Ellis had skipped all the formalities, as usual. Sometimes Megan wondered why she even bothered.

"Harvesters?" she asked. "And here I thought you had come by to be social."

Megan slid back onto the couch, and looked up at her reflection in the massive mirror set into the ceiling of the room. She smiled. It was the little things in life, really.

"So tell me, what is it you want Ellis?"
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'I need elder blood.'

Ellis chuckled inwardly, waiting for Megan's response. She would be disappointed, she wagered. The fact was, the vampires being harvested now were just too young and too far removed from the main source. Ellis wasn't about to start making newer, stronger vampires. No ancient would consider that smart at this point. Most ancients are at least 1000 years old, if not older. It would would make them more resilient and harder to capture which again, Ellis had a plan for. Ultimately it would come to that...making batches of vampires just to harvest them. But Ellis had a solution to the deplorable idea of harvesting older vampires.

'Ok, maybe not 'elder' blood, but we definitely need to tap into more potent vampire blood. But here's the upside...we only need a couple.' Ellis waited...and braced herself.
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan's demeanor grew suddenly cold. She knew it would only be a matter of time before Ellis came to her with such a request. Power corrupts, and those that search for the absolute walk a perilous road. The harvesters did have their uses, but there were lines drawn in the sand that should not be crossed. Precedents that would be too dangerous to set.

"Elder blood is... out of the question, of course."

She leaned back and took a sip of her drink, her eyes never leaving Ellis.

"I'm sure you're quite aware of the dangers of feeding on the wealthy. The greater the wealth, the greater the chance that their death with be closely scrutinized. The same could be said of vampires. Should even a few of the more... potent vampires, as you put it, disappear, it would draw unnecessary attention. That kind of scrutiny would be costly, especially for you."

Her words filled the room, and the silence that followed was equally menacing.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
'I realize Elder deaths would be impossible to cover up and as you said, the older vampires wouldn't go unnoticed either. So really, we only have one option. We haven't been 'harvesting' persay but hunting and killing younger vampires. What if we really did what we called it?'

Ellis' scotch came just then and she purposefully took it from Jeremiah slowly and drank it, eyeing Megan over the rim, gauging her reaction...which really wasn't very good. She let the scotch roll over her tongue and the liquid warmed her belly. The delay wasn't to build for a dramatic declaration. Ellis knew Megan understood what she meant. That they had to do what other's wouldnt dare to succeed. To maintain a power that no one would ever challenge. The idea was dispicable but brilliant. For those who would do what other's will not are never questioned. Maybe not heralded in history as anything but murderers and souless beings, but remembered just the same.

'We make our own stock. Keep them alive and harvest their blood...forever.'
Megan Björn 18 years ago
Megan opened her mouth as if she were going to speak. A cell phone rang instead, and she fished it from her nearby purse, looking at the number that flashed across the screen.

"You'll have to excuse me, I must take this," she said, waving her hand dismisively. "Jeremiah will show you out."

With that, she fliped the phone open.

"Senator Norton, how can I be of service..."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis glared slightly at the dismissive hand, but took her leave. Rising fully she tipped her head slowly and walked out with Jeremiah. 'Things can't get hot, unless you let it simmer a little,' she smiled slowly and exited.

(OOC Ellis out))