Brig and his Pipers

With his left arm bent behind his back, Brig watched as the black hawks landed in the dead of night. This city, this country seemed to function on the dark side, reveling in the night life. He knew they were there, but he could not tell from looking. The innate desire to hate a race that knows almost nothing about him seemed pointless but intense, nonetheless.

His Pipers were returning and this made his chest swell with pride. Executed almost flawlessly, the Beta and a guest were returned to the states quicker than the NSA could blink an eye. Their papers already fixed and their presence accounted for in the US, Brig Jameson watched the birds touch down onto the tar-mac. First off was Lothias, his L.T. and referred to as so. Behind him the dozen pipers lowered the stretcher and last, but not least, the Beta stepped down on solid ground.

Travelling with the hawks had proven to be interesting, refueling on covert tankers strategically placed across the Atlantic, the ride must have been interesting for Hammerthynn. As the LT approached, the deep red head nodded and gave his CO a salute and smile. Brig reached out and gave the him a clasp on the shoulder as he passed.

'Debriefing in 5.'

Aye sir, LT responded and gathered his in-tell from another Piper, both moving quietly and quickly to the retention rooms.

The other men moved Steyn quickly to a waiting unmarked ambulance to take him to Nachton hospital, where more of their people were waiting in secret. Brig watched the enormous Hammerthynn approach him with his usual sneer of indifference.

'Good lord, Iov - when you smile like that I just want to kiss you.' Brig snorted in his slow Scottish brogue. He reached out and clasped arms with the younger yet larger man who granted him a rare grin.

'Took care of my men?' Brig asked as they walked away from the hawks and into the hanger.

Hammer in his monotone voice replied, 'Of course.'

'Break anything?'

'Yes. Lots.'

'That's my boy. Dinner later?'

'Fresh or socially packaged?'

'Fresh of course!' Brig's voice boomed in the hanger.

'Let me...' Hammerthynn pointed back at Marthinus Steyn in the ambulance as he walked backwards towards it.

Brig narrowed his eyes and called out, 'You never write. You never call....'

Hammerthynn snorted and turned towards the ambulance to climb into it. With that, Brig clapped his hands together and ordered his flight crew to secure the illegally obtained black hawks and headed to his debriefing.