Just Two More Days...(attn: Drev, private)

Wren sat on the couch hunched over the coffee table going through RSVP's one last time. It was a much shorter list than she expected, but that was ok, she could deal with that. She sighed softly at the one returned invitation, but there was nothing she could do about it ow, it was the only address she had for Shay. She'd tried calling, but her phone had been turned off for over a week now. She was worried for her friend, but unfortunately had to push it to the back burner for a little while.

The caterer's list sat below the guest list, and below that was the dace roster. A great many of her friends were in town for this thing. They had rehearsed for several hours today in her three day finished studio, and were all safely tucked in bed at the Piazza. It was an extravagant expense, but Drev had wanted her friends to be impressed so he was footing the bill, telling her that he was being a patron to the arts and to think about it as a donation to The Studio. She'd laughed as, he'd intended and let it go. It was no use arguing with him anyway.

Beside her party lists were the files for her new clients. That stack was much thicker than she expected it to be and she was incredibly excited about that. She had twenty pre-registered, paid in full clients, twelve pre-registered clients with just registration fees, and five that had filled out the form but not set the payment.

So far everything was looking up up up and they got just a little better when the front door opened to admit the love of her life.

"I'm in the living room." She called out and went back to her lists.

Milazo 17 years ago
"I'll be right there," Drev said as he hurried past, into his bedroom, with one hand tucked inside his worn leather jacket. He'd been Christmas shopping - again. He went into his closet, pulled out the battered chest, and unlocked it with an ancient key he kept on his keyring. It looks like something from a Zelda game, he though every time he opened it. Sometimes he even hummed the little sound that played when Link would open a chest to find some rupees or the boomerang or something. Chuckling, he added the small package to the rest of the pile he'd accumulated so far. The chest was almost full.

It felt kind of strange, having someone specific to buy gifts for during the holidays. When was the last time he had a "significant other" to buy for? Too damn long, that's for sure. Truth be told, Drev was having a blast buying stuff for Wren. He'd been picking things up since well before Thanksgiving, squirreling them away. He'd spent several thousand dollars already, but he didn't care. So far he had things ranging from a warm pair of socks to a 1-carat diamond necklace. And he wasn't done. Not even close. He was working on renting a condo somewhere in the Caribbean for a week or two, and he'd continue to pick up little things that he thought she'd like. And of course, it would be worth every single penny when he saw her face on Christmas.

What have you done to me, Wren, he thought with a chuckle.

The chest locked, he pushed it back into the closet and hung up his jacket. He was wearing "the uniform" as Wren liked to call it: worn-out jeans, a gray heavy metal t-shirt that used to be black, a white long-sleeve undershirt, and his dreads tied back. He left his black Doc Martens by the bed. He went out into the living room and sat down next to Wren.

He wasn't going to interrupt her, but having been thinking about buying gifts for her and now seeing her beautiful face and ever-arousing body, he slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her tight against him. His lips found whatever skin was accessible and moaned his greeting.
Wren 17 years ago
She'd gotten home after he had left, so it was kind of annoying that he walked right past her to take off his shoes and jacket instead of stopping to kiss her hello. When his hand slid around her waist, and his lips found her skin she forgave him with a gentle chuckle.

"You seem satisfied with yourself. What have you been up to?"

She set her pen down and snuggled into his hug. She liked the feel of him and her body was tired from rehearsals. She hadn't even bothered to change from the yoga pants, dance tank and zippered hoodie she'd left the Studio in.
Milazo 17 years ago
"Oh nothing. Just picking up a few things at the store," he answered cryptically. When he felt Wren turn into his hug, he pulled her up onto his lap so that she was straddling his waist. Craning his neck up, his lips found hers, and the surge of love and desire he felt was stronger than it had been a moment ago. His hands roamed her body, caressing the familiar lines and curves of her well-toned body. Whether she thought so or not, Drev found himself physically attracted to her the most either before, during, or after she'd been dancing or exercising. Sure, part of it was the yoga pants that showed off her incredible ass, and the little tops that only amplified the allure of her chest. But mostly, he figured, it was the aura of vitality she exuded, the scent of health. It was her scent, not some perfume or deodorant. And it drove him wild.

"Do you still need to take a shower?" he asked hopefully. The thought of her body all wet and soapy made his excitement throb again. The closer he got to her, the more he wanted her. It was distracting sometimes, but right now he hoped he could indulge himself.
Wren 17 years ago
"I guess that all depends on if a massage follows that shower."

She grinned down at him and pressed her lips to his. Her muscles ached, in a way they hadn't since she left school and she found she missed the ache, but also she didn't relish it all that much either. She hoped Drev would indulge her just a little before they made love. She needed the extra bit of TLC, just as much as she needed the sex.

"C'mon, let's go get clean."

She crawled off his lap, gave her papers a little nudge into a neat pile and headed into the bathroom.
Milazo 17 years ago
Everything she did was a seduction. The sparkle in her eyes just before she kissed him, the weight of her body on his, the way the light caught the skin of her forearm as she tidied her papers - it all served to arouse him. He rose to follow her and winced at the discomfort caused by his jeans. He freed his dreads and shed his shirts on the way to the bathroom. He reached in and turned on the water with one hand while trying to remove his jeans with the other, all the while his eyes were on the goddess removing her own clothes just a few feet away. Finally free of his own clothes, his level of arousal was very apparent.

Drev helped to remove the last bits of her workout clothes, then pulled her naked flesh against his own. He found her lips again, and couldn't help but start the massage already. His strong hands worked the muscles in her lower back, gently but firmly. His hands moved up her back slowly, kneading the tight muscles as he kissed her. He rubbed her neck and shoulders for a moment, then managed to break the kiss.

"Come on," he said with a soft smile, and led her into the steaming shower.
Wren 17 years ago
The shower took much longer than Wren had anticipated, they always did. She only showered with Drev when she didn't have anywhere to be. She loved the steamy foreplay, and helped to prolong their time with in the steam-filled enclosure. When they finally managed to wash and rinse, they towelled each other dry and moved into Drev's bedroom. They spent most of their time together in his room, When liked to belive it was because he had the bigger bed, but the truth was she felt comforted and comfortable there. She still occasionally slept in her room, but mostly it was when she wasn't feeling well or needed some space, and neither occurred very often.

Their love making was gentle ad amazingly satisfying. Wren always marveled at the things Drev made her feel every time they crawled between the sheets. She had never known her body could feel those thing, or that her heart could be so full. Drev literally worshiped her and she had always laughed at that description when used in the romance novels she liked to read, but now, now she understood what those women were talking about.

She returned his worship with her own version. In the months they had been together she had learned not to be afraid of a man's body. She had learned the joys of exploring someone who loved you and that sex was not just rudimentary rutting, but something warm beautiful and loving. Drev had given her life and confidence, and she could look back at her past and feel nothing but pity for the men that had hurt her. She could not forgive them, not yet, but she pitied them. She no longer hated them and was no longer afraid. Her fears were no longer centered around men and pain. Instead she could fear failure, and the loss of a loved one like a normal person and it liberated her. Liberated her in her daily life and in the bedroom with Drev.

They lay entwined in each others arms, the black silk of Drev's sheets tangled around them and resting across their hips in a semblance of lending warmth. She ran her fingers across his chest, making small patterns that traced the lines of well formed muscles. His hand moved up and down her back and she was content to lay there until sleep claimed her, but it was not in the cards for her this evening. Her brain had left the bedroom and was back on the stack of papers on the coffee table. She had planned everything down to the last detail, and everything was on target, but she still could not just put everything down and leave it be. She wanted to, but didn't know how.

She could let Drev keep her in bed for the rest of the night, or perhaps he would take her out of the house and away from her lists and files. She doubted any of it would work though. Not until the party was over and her studio was opened anyway. Sighing softly she closed her eyes and snuggled closer, determined to leave it be, at least for now.
Milazo 17 years ago
While they lay, soaking in the thick, languid warmth of their lovemaking, Drev let his muscles relax and unwind. He'd been trying to practice his blades more often lately, and he'd been surprised at how out of shape he was. Granted, he was in excellent shape for anyone that appeared to be in their mid- to late-twenties, but his sword-work was poor. The hot shower had felt wonderful on his muscles, and it felt good to use different muscles in their lovemaking.

Wren was the first woman that he could remember with whom the sex had actually gotten better over time. Most of the time there was a little improvement as he and his partner-at-the-time got to learn each others' bodies. But that usually only lasted a couple weeks or a month, then began to get stale. He was up for trying almost anything, but not a lot of girls have been as open as he.

With Wren, though, their lovemaking only ever got better. He'd enjoyed Wren from the first moment, but since then she's only grown more comfortable and confident. Where before he had to be careful what he did and how he did it, now Wren would take the lead sometimes, guiding him where she wanted, using his body with determination. He was proud of how well she'd gotten over her fears and inhibitions, and loved her all the more for it.

He pulled her tighter against him, and felt tension in her muscles.
"Is something on your mind?" he asked in an exhaustion-induced whisper, and kissed the warm, smooth skin of her breast.
Wren 17 years ago
"Mmm." The kiss made her muscles quiver and she stretched them by arching her back against his arm. Settling back against him, she pressed a soft kiss to his skin and sighed again. "Nothing new. The party, The Studio, Christmas. I still don't know what to get my mom. Just lots of little things that won't leave me alone."

Her body began to feel restless and she wiggled around until she was comfortable again, but it didn't last very long. She turned onto her back and gave an exasperated sigh. She hated that her nerves and worry had ruined the mood of their love making.

"I'll be glad when this is over and I can get on with the important things."
Milazo 17 years ago
"It'll smooth out soon," he assured her, snuggling her even closer. He could feel her restlessness. "Wanna go for a walk?" He could lie in bed all night, but it would probably drive her nuts. He wasn't quite ready to call it a night, anyway.
Wren 17 years ago
Wren smiled at the ceiling and curled her arm around him. "A walk sounds perfect." She lifted her head and kissed him gently on the forehead before crawling off the bed. It was crazy cold outside so she needed to put on the proper clothing before venturing out in it.

She padded naked and barefoot to her bedroom and pulled thick black tights, wool socks, panties and a bra from one drawer, and a close-fitting baby doll t-shirt from another, and tossed them on the bed. From her closet she pulled jeans, a peacock colored sweater, and black wool lined Uggs. They joined the underthings on the bed. She dressed as quickly as she could, the went into the bathroom to brush out her still slightly damp hair. She came out of the bathroom with a smile.

"Ok, I'm ready. Maybe we could find some place to eat while we're out. I forgot to eat dinner and I'm kinda hungry."
Milazo 17 years ago
Drev was much slower getting out of bed. He dressed lethargically, his muscles still syrupy. He didn't need to bundle up, but he'd wear warm-ish clothes for Wren's sake - jeans, hoodie, and boots.

"Yeah, food sounds good," he said with a smile, helping her into her coat. He put his leather jacket on while she finished bundling up, stuck his hands in a pair of fingerless gloves, and pulled a black stocking cap down over his head. It rested just above his eyes, and his dreads hung down like tentacles. He offered her his arm and they left the warm comfort of the condo.
The air was definitely cold, but it felt distant to Drev. It felt refreshing. His legs were still a little rubbery, but after just a few steps, he felt the strength returning.
"Where do you want to eat?"
Wren 17 years ago
The early December cold stuck Wren like a fist to the face and she had to suck air for a few moments. She had forgotten how cold winter could be. She wrapped her free hand around Drev's arm and walked closely to him letting his body block most of the breeze from her.

"I don't care, someplace with comfort food. Like soups and fried things."

Wren let her head drop to Drev's shoulder as she clung to him. Her mind had let go of her troubles in the face of the wind and it felt good to let him lead her down the road. After a couple of blocks they took a left turn and headed to what had become a favorite spot of Wren's. It was a simple little restaurant that served typical New England fair, along with some regional specialties and a few of the owners favorite recipes from around the world. The music was good, the atmosphere cozy and the prices reasonable. Lucky's Place, sounded perfect to her chilled fingers and hungry stomach.
Milazo 17 years ago
Drev came to an amusing realization as Wren wordlessly steered him toward the door of Lucky's Place. Over the span of their relationship, he'd become atuned to the tiny signals she gave. This was a good example; just by the way her step changed and the way her weight shifted
against him, he knew she spotted a place she liked. He steered them for the door and held it open for her.

The warm air in the restaurant felt almost too hot to Drev, compared to the cold outside.
"Is this going to be one of the times I get to see you pig out?" His smile was bright and mischievous. He actually enjoyed seeing Wren pig out; it meant that she was comfortable enough with him to let down yet another barrier.
Wren 17 years ago
Wren put a hand to her chest and pretended to be affronted. "I do not pig out. Thank you very much."

Her shocked mouth broke into a smile as they found a table and pulled the menus from their holders. A waitress would be along soon to take their drink order, but it always took a few minutes for her to arrive. That was something about Lucky's all the servers were women. She didn't know if that was on purpose or if that was just who applied, but it fit in with the feel of Lucky's and so Wren never minded.

"Everything sounds good to me tonight. I know I want some of their chili, and maybe I'll have the cornbread chicken pot pie, but the shepard's pie sounds good too. What about you?"

Wren studied the menu flipping it back and forth trying to decide what sounded best, as the waitress approached their table.

"Hey, you two. What can I get ya ta drink?"

Wren looked up and smiled into the heavily painted face of their server. "Hey Julie. I want a cup of hot chocolate and a glass of lemon water, please."
Milazo 17 years ago
"Same," Drev said to the server with a smile. She assured them their drinks would be right up, then left.

"I don't know... I have a hankering for a big piece of grilled cow," he said as he looked through the menu. After a moment, he decided that the traditional burger and fries sounded just about right, so we put down his menu. The girl came back with their waters, but the hot chocolates would be another minute or two.

"How'd your day go today? Not too much stress, I hope."
Wren 17 years ago
Wren finally decided on a bowl of chili, a baked potato, and grilled cheese sandwich. It was an odd combination, she knew, but it sounded warm and comforting to her. She set the menu down and took a sip from the water.

"Not any more than usual. The choreography is rather simple for the dancers so that's not difficult, what's difficult is figuring out who's going to dance where. I'm not sure if the protective plastic for the dance floor is going to look nice and if the dancers will be able to dance on it. It goes down in the morning before rehearsals so we'll give it a try at our last rehearsal. If it doesn't work out then the party will have to be barefoot and I'll need to figure out the logistics of that. I'm telling you, Drev, Monday can not come soon enough for me."

Julie returned with their hot chocolate complete with a small pile of mini marshmallows on top.

"What can I get'cha tonight?"

"Oh, um I want a bowl of chili, a baked potato with everything and a grilled cheese, please."

"You want onions on the chili?"

"Oh, no thanks."

"Sure thing"
Milazo 17 years ago
"Burger and fries," Drev said when the server turned to him. "No cheese, no nothing on it, and well done." Drev handed her the menus, then turned back to Wren.

"Ready for vacation so soon?" he asked, carefully sipping the hot chocolate. In his gift-buying excitement, Drev hadn't considered the likely possibility that Wren wouldn't be able to take two weeks off to go be lazy on a beach with him. Hmm.

"We could take a couple weeks and go be lazy on a beach somewhere," he suggested in a jovial tone, though the question held more weight for him than he let on.
Wren 17 years ago
Wren gave Julie a smile, and tucked her menu it the little holder on the table. She stirred her hot chocolate and sipped it gently. A vacation sounded absolutely lovely, and it was do-able.

"I would love to. I have intro classes for the next two weeks then I'm closing the Studio for the last two weeks of the year. It's in the contracts and I figure I need to make sure I take time off for myself. So I plan to close for Easter, the last two weeks of August until the Tuesday after Labor day, Thanksgiving, and then the last two weeks of the year."

She sipped at her chocolate again, letting one of the marshmallows slide into her mouth.

"I think it would be fun to spend Christmas on the beach. Where did you have in mind?"
Milazo 17 years ago
"Uh..." Drev stammered; he hadn't expected her to agree so quickly. "I don't know. Maybe we could rent a condo in Jamaica or something? Or maybe Aruba? Or we could throw a dart at a map...."

He smiled at her for a moment, then the grin slipped a bit. "You seriously want to do this? It kinda doesn't seem right, running off when you're just getting started...."
Wren 17 years ago
Wren grinned at him over her mug. She had surprised him, she enjoyed doing that. She had worried over the Studio making money, but if pre-registration was any indication, then she had no need to worry. So she could do the things she wanted to do and not feel guilty about it. Her loans and bills would get paid, Joey would get a pay check and she would have some spending money.

"The Studio will be closed anyway, and Joey will be here to keep an eye on things. I think getting away is exactly what I need right now. This is only my second Christmas away from home and that rather stresses me more than I like to admit. So throwing on a bikini and basking in the December sun on some tropical island sounds absolutely perfect."

She gave her hot chocolate another stir and sipped from it. She really missed her mom and had only been to see her once since moving to Nachton. She had thought to go home for Christmas this year, but still wasn't ready to be her new self in front of her brothers. She still feared them just a little.