The grass and the sky

It was well into the night when she pulled up at the park, still dressed in her pink extravagant gown from the earlier party at the strip club.

The smart thing to do woulda been to go home and change before comming out to a park, but she didn't want to risk the chance that the baby would be awakened by her and get upset when she left once again. She tossed her mask into the back seat and undid a few of her curls. As she got out she kicked off her heals into the passenger sides floor. She wouldn't need those, it always felt better besides to go barefoot.

She held the back of her dress up so it wouldn't drag as she walked into the park along a trail. The winding dirt path led her finally into a patch of dense trees and she sighed as the moon beamed in and out of branches.

This month was almost over and with it ending meant another full moon comming. They seemed to sneak up on her. Lately she had gotten better at keeping track of the calendar so there wouldnt be any unexspected public changes. That had happened once before in the 24 hour supermart in one of the towns she had tried to set up residence in. Good grief what a nightmare it had been. Now she had an alert on her cell phone to warn her the morning of. Maybe she shouldn't be so forgetful.

A fallen tree provided for a nice stool and she made sure to check for dampness before she sat. Dry and moss free. She was only a few feet off the beaten path so he dirt was still loose enough to play with using her toes.

She began to day dream about running free of clothing through these trees, each step sending the trees wizzing past her faster and fater until they were a blur. Skin effortlessly shifting into fur, 2 legs to 4.

What a laugh, if only it was effortless and painfree.

Diane 17 years ago
Her relaxation was interupted by the hushed sounds of grass being stepped on. It wasn't a very noticable sound but she heard it if the person was close enough.

This person was close enough.

Dia froze on the tree, pulling her back perfectly straight. The walking had stopped before she could get some sort of sign if it had been heavy footsteps or light. It didn't matter, why would a woman sneak up on another one? It was always men.

Slowly she rose up from the tree back still stiff, still trying to listen.Why in the world did her dumb ass think it was a good idea to be out alone at night?
Panos Mehalitsenos 17 years ago
It was feeding time and perhaps a little bit of celebration to be had with his latest news from Ellis. Sure it was premature and he never doubted for a second that what she had told him could be in fact a lie, But he was feeling a little more assured that it wasnt. Why would she lie about something like that, at least right now? It wouldn't gain her anything except maybe him losing his life and she could do that herself.

So for the time being, he was happy to believe her.

The park was home to many of those sneaky young love birds who liked to fool around in the darkness of the woods and still get the thrill of having sex in public. It was normally an easy mark to find some food. Tonight would prove to be even easier as he stumbled upon a lone woman. She was dressed exstravagantly for being out in the park and he did not suspect she was there with another.

He himself was still in his full black outfit from the party at Club E earlier, maybe this girl had come from there as well. Well she wouldn't be attending anymore parties after tonight, that he could be sure of. As he slipped closer he saw he back become rigid. There was noway she could have heard him something else must have had rattled her. He stopped and waited for her to relax.

Only she didn't relax at all. Instead he watched as she stood up ever so slowly. She looked like an animal about to run by the way she moved. It had to be him she had heard, even though he didn't know how. He didn't care, she looked sweet in her pink gown and it fit into her curves nicely. He hoped her blood tasted as sweet as she looked. The thoughts of tasting the sickeningly sweet blood that pulsed throughout her body gave away to bloodlusting and he wanted to wait no longer. With a mad dash he covered the five yard distance in a matter of seconds, nearly tackling her to the ground as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She let out a shriek before the wind was knocked out of her by his force. She wasn't facing him and he spun her around before she had a chance to muster up another cry for help.

He was used to seeing the fear in his prey's face when the realized what was happening to them, it fed his need and brought back memories of other kills which also fueled his fire. This time it was different. This time when he spun her around something in her face caught his attention and made his stomach jolt. He couldn't place it and he couldn't figure it out but something made him shove her backwards, away from him.

She clawed at her chest frantically and he stood stunned for just a moment.

What the fuck?
Diane 17 years ago
Oh fuck no you don't asshole! - Was her immediate thought.

Predators, always fucking predators out at night. Couldn't she go anywhere without being fucking attacked? She thought she had moved away from all that bullshit but apparently it was fucking everywhere.

Well nowadays she was prepaired. Before leaving the fine shit hole of a city Detroit she had done some blackmarketing for a gun. She hadn't had time to get a license and a CWP and then wait the allotted time for purchasing a weapon so she had gone the illegal way and it had paid off. Money could get you anything, even a small 5.5 cm illegal weapon in a short amount of time. It was diamond encrusted or cubic zirconia for all that matter, it looked like jewelry and she wore it as such on a chain around her neck. The tiny SwissMiniGun fit nicely into her clevage and was ever so handy in a time like this.

The man was foolish enough to spin her around and when he did she mustered up all she could to give him a scare. She needed to buy time and it had worked perfectly as he tossed her back briefly. He'd come for her again but before then she had the gun pointed and cocked at his face. Her manicured nail positioned on the tiny trigger waiting to fire.

Fuck you cocksucker! Fuck you! She shrieked at him, her pitch loud enough to cause pain.

SHe just needed one extra moment to get a good shot off and...there it was. His hand slapped over his ears and she fired, the worlds tiniest but effect bullet sliced through the air and tore into his right eye. His head snapped to the right and he went down to one knee.

What the fuck? The bullets were small but they should have done more than just taken this guy down to his knee!

With his hands now covering his eye and him cursing madly, she took it as her oppertunity to run. She wasn't going to wait around for this heman incrediable hulk wannabe to get back up. He was prolly some junkie so fucked up he wasn't feeling pain. He'd feel it later though, Maybe he'd die from blood loss before then. Stupid fucking junkie.

She made it back to her car in record time, panting heavily. Her dress, now spotted with blood across the bodice and dirtied on the bottom from her dash, was ruined. She had fucking liked this dress too. Sometimes she wished she had a bigger gun. Her fingers thrashed through her purse until she found the keys and jammed them into the ignition. Her tires peeled out as she floored it out of the park's lot and back onto the main roads.

Fucking cock sucker.

(ooc - Dia out.)
The fucking bitch had shot him! Right in the eye!

Where in the world had the gun come from?! She had grabbed at her neck and then boom. And that scream, she was an anomaly of some sorts, he had never heard anything that horrendous before.

With his eye now gushing blood and eyeball fillings he cussed up a storm.

That bitch! That fucking bitch! He screamed.

When I find you, you stupid bitch! My fucking eye, she shot me in the fucking eye!

Now what was he supossed to do? He'd heal sure, but when and what if the fucking bullet was still in there? He felt the back of his head, there was no exit wound that he could feel, it was all wet but that could of been because of his allready wet hand. He'd call Alexandra. Maybe she'd know what to do. He wouldn't be able to get out of the park and back home like this, he imagened he could call a cab or try and find a vehicle to hotwire, he called Alexandra first.

Frantically his left hand went pocket searching for his cell as his right hand remained covering his oozing eye. Bloody hand dialed and while the phone rang the cuss words continued to pour out from his mouth. The pain was a real bitch.
Her voicemail picked up and clicked the cell phone shut. There was no need to leave a message.

He dropped to his side and layed on the ground moaning in pain.

Fucking shit.

There was blood all over his face and he used the sleeve of his shirt to wipe away at it. Tearing at the bottom of the black shirt he pulled off a large lopsided strip of the fabric. Tying it diagonaly across his face did two things. First it caught any blood that was still trying to leak out and second it blocked the view of passerbyers. He just looked like a thug or moron for that matter. Pulling his devil mask out from his pocket he unfolded it and put it over the cloth bandage. That should help.

It was hard to walk upright and normal so he didn't until he got out to the parks parkinglot. He could tolerate a great deal of pain but this was reoccuring pain that throbbed continuously. It gave him the inkling that the bullet was still inside of him. He sat on the curb and held his head in his hands. It was hard to think.
He pulled his cell phone out again as another wave of pain hit him. He had few numbers saved into it, four to be exact. Alphabetically it Alexandra, Chryseis, Fallon, Shay. He had never erased Fallon's number and at this moment thanks to the blood from his other eye and the throbbing pain, he missed dialed and the phone rang to her.

His mind wandered as the little phone rang. Focusing wasn't an easy task and he layed his head on his knees. Nausea washed over him and he moaned in anger.
Fallon 17 years ago
Fallon had been romping on the lanai with the kittens when she heard her cell ringing. Sitting on a hemp rug spread out on the stone floor, she leaned back and pulled the phone from her jeans pocket. Laughing as Cleo flipped over Tut, and Cheyenne kept batting at a sleeping Fred, she didn't even glance to see who was calling.

"Hello?" Another giggle slipped from her lips as she quickly reached over two of the kittens to grab up one of her shoes, that Fred had decided to wake up and begin chewing on. Sitting back up, she laughed.

"I'm sorry...Fallon speaking."

Scanning the lanai, Fallon wondered where Wilma, and Austin had run off to. She didn't get overly concerned though, having gone over the lanai several times to make sure there were no nooks or crannys the kittens could get trapped in, or otherwise hurt from.
The voice cut through his scattered thoughts and zings of pain.

-Who- is this? His voice was gruff with confusion and annoyed pain.

He had ment to call Shay or even god forbid Chryseis, but this sounded like neither of them. Maybe he had dialed Chryseis and she had someone pick up the phone and say they were Fallon. He wouldn't put it past her.

He blinked twice and rubbed his good eye. Pulling the phone away from his ear he saw that he really had called Fallon. His immediate response was to hang up and for a split second he almost did. What good would that do, she'd still know it was him that called. Didn't she know right then it was him? She should of, caller ID would have told her so...but she still had answered...Another wave of pain slammed into him and he groaned loudly and pressed his right hand back to his eye. The pressure hurt but also helped. It was like touching a bruise repeatedly.

He put the phone back up to his ear.

I...I didn't mean to call you.

"Good job ace, your bleeding, half out of your mind but you can remember to somewhat insult someone. Your on an awesome path to getting help. "

God shut up! It fucking hurts!

If Fallon hadn't thought he was nuts before, she most likely did now.
Fallon 17 years ago
His voice hit Fallon like a ton of bricks, and she immediately pulled the phone away to check the number. Since the only people she usually spoke to on her cell were Cyrus, Aishe, and Ana, Fallon hadn't thought twice about anyone else calling. But the phone number she now read was none of the three she would have expected, and that settled she knew who it was.

"Who is THIS? Is this a joke Panos?"

When he responded with 'I didn't mean to call you', Fallon laughed.

"How in god's name did you manage then...my phone number isn't that common, and you surely don't have it on speed dial."

Still laughing, Fallon realized she no longer feared the man on the other end of the phone. In fact, as she had acknowledged to herself and Cyrus, she owed him some measure of thanks, for his part in who she was today. She would not be telling him that though. It was an utter fluke that things had worked out so well for her, and Fallon didn't want Panos thinking he might be so lucky if he tried the same thing again. In fact it was that thought that kept her angry with him, but not so angry that she wanted harm to befall him any longer.

"I beg your pardon? You call, tell me you didn't mean to, and then cuss at me? Panos, you are one sick man. Good bye."

So her voice hurt his ears did it? The man had a lot of nerve! Fallon shook her head as she moved the phone from her ear, to press the disconnect button.
Ughhh, i wasnt cussing at you! He shouted and rolled his head inbetween his knees.

For your information, I kept your number in my phone and with all the blood in my eye i obviously made the mistake of dialing you!

Her laughter mixed with everything else that had happened in the last twenty minutes had his nerves on fire.

Fucking women! I swear to god i'm gonna kill this bitch with her little gun!

He flopped backwards into the grass and held the phone at a relaxed distance to his ear. He wanted to goto sleep, but it was dangerous especially for him. He could potentially sleep right into the dawn and not even notice until it was too late.

I've been shot. He mumbled not even caring if she had heard.

Sleep was sounding more and more comforting.
Fallon 17 years ago
"Damn"

She hadn't closed the phone quick enough, and still heard Panos as he corrected her assumption.

"Well then, if it was a mistake, then good bye again, though why would you keep my number? What heinous things have you planned for me now, Panos? You haven't brought enough horror into my life yet?"

His voice sounded strange, but until this second Fallon's own disgust for the man had overshadowed anything else. And then to hear him threaten someone else, Fallon felt fear assault her again.

"Kill who?! Panos! Who's gun do you have, and where are you...do you have another kidnapped woman??!!"

He had been shot? By this woman he referred to? Undoubtedly she had been defending herself from him, but had she not gotten away? Fallon had to do what she could to help save this woman.

The kittens forgotten, but still frolicking playfully about the lanai, Fallon stood and concentrated on what she could hear through the phone.

"Panos! Where are you?!" The woman was still alive, or Panos wouldn't have spoke of killing her. Fallon had to stop him before he did.
Her voice continued at a distance. He realized then that the phone wasn't all that close to his head anymore. Groggily he pulled it up to his head.

What was she going on about? He wasn't planning anything heinous for her. What an odd woman. Her voice sounded concerned when she asked where he was. His thoughts were having more and more trouble collecting themselves as he spoke.

The park. On a....curb. I haven't kidnapped anyone, cunt shot me. God her fucking voice! It's in my head...still. The bullet that is. It's pretty hard to think now, but when i can i will find her.

He was rambling like a drunk on a bad night. The one reaccurent theme that stayed with him, was finding the woman again and teaching her a lesson.

You cant just go around and shoot people.
Fallon 17 years ago
If there hadn't been a twist of absurdity in what he said...'you can't just go around and shoot people'...Fallon expected she wouldn't have laughed. He had been shot in the head?

A voice in the back of her own head was telling her to hang up and let hell have Panos, if they even wanted him, but a stronger voice said no one should be in such pain.

"You're at the park, on a curb. I will try to find you, and get you help. Don't...I'll be there as soon as I can."

She almost told him not to go anywhere, but then that was a rather inane thing to say under the circumstances. Closing her phone, Fallon shouted for Suki, hoping the girl was in the house, and that she would come take care of the kittens. Fallon knew they would be safe on the lanai, as long as they didn't fall into the koi pond, but felt better knowing someone was looking after them. If Suki didn't happen to be in, Fallon would ask housekeeper to gather them up.

As she ran through the house, on her way to their suite to grab her car keys and wallet, Fallon nearly ran smack into Cyrus.

"I've got to go out Cyrus, I need to get help for someone." She didn't mind at all if he wanted to go along with her, but refrained from mentioning the 'who', for fear he would be logical and try and dissuade her from going.
The phone line went silent and he closed his phone. Itching under the masks edge he felt the blood drying.

That was a good sign, maybe. Vampires could heal but what if the bullet being still in him screwed his whole vision up in that eye?! The pink bitch would be sorely sorry in that case. He'd have to divise a way to get to her before she opened her mouth. What had stopped him last time? It wasnt like him to hesitate. There was something about her face. She wasn't extraordinarly beautiful or anything. It wasnt that at all. It was something more...shocking.

Maybe he would remember more once the pain subsided.

Wait a minute, Fallon was comming? Last time they had a run in, he hadn't said a word. She had done all the talking or rather telling off. This couldn't be good. Maybe she was bringing her possesive boyfriend with her and they were planning to finish him off!

His irrational thought pattern made him sit up too fast and he immediatly flopped backwards with a cry. He rolled to his side cuddling his face with his arms. The street light above him swarmed with all the night time bugs that were attracted to light. Thank god it was so late at night, not many if any, random people to spot him.
Cyrus 17 years ago
Cyrus had been training some of the more adept kittens in basic things. Their nature mad them want to hunt and pounce so he was now teaching the Manx tom some other waiting and silent hunting tricks. His proteges were also quite able to follow his simple commands, though he was able to do so because of his dominant status in the den... er house. Unfortunately his cell phone had rung and interupted the play time. After wrapping up the call he was heading to Fallon with his buddy hot on his heels.

Fallon found him first, almost physically running him down. At her urgent comments he was concerned.

"Is everything all right?"
Fallon 17 years ago
"No, I don't think so...I think...Cyrus, it's Panos...I think he's been shot, and he might have hurt another woman. I just got a strange call from him, but he said he's wounded and lying in the park. I can't just not go Cyrus, I need to make sure the woman he spoke of is okay, and...well, I would never be able to live with myself if he died and I did nothing to help him."

Fallon had explained things to Cyrus as she briskly walked through the house, gathering up her things, and a blanket as well. She wasn't sure if she would need it, but it seemed the thing to do.

"I can tell you verbatim what he said, once we get in the car, but I really need to get going."

She expected at any minute that Cyrus would grab hold of her and tell her there was no way he would let her go to Panos. But Fallon hoped if she kept moving at a rapid pace, she might stay far enough ahead of him to dissuade him from trying.

But knowing his only concern would be for her safety, Fallon finally stopped, and took Cyrus hand.

"Go along with me, and trust me?"
Cyrus 17 years ago
That was the last thing he had suspected. Possibly someone like Ana or Aishe had needed her assistance, but Panos? The first thing that ran through his head is that this was a set up to abduct his mate. Cyrus' eyes narrowed as she moved through the house, gathering up what she thought may be of use. Since Fallon seemed quite intent upon going, he quietly followed and armed himself. So that when she looked up at him and took his hand he was ready.

"We will go. But cautiously. Do you need anything else?"

The white shirt and soft brown chamois pants would probably be ruined if there was an actual vampire shot that needed assistance. Either way the dozen knives he had on him should help. Plus he had no intention of meeting whatever faced them in human form. Squeezing her hand gently he smiled grimly. Allowing his beautiful caring woman to rush headlong into danger was not his idea of a good evening. Still he was prepared to protect her soon as she drove them there.

"Lets go."
Fallon 17 years ago
She could see it in his face, but was overwhelmed by his attitude. Cyrus wasn't happy at all to be going with her, or letting her go, but let her go was what he was doing. She nodded at his words of care, and shook her head when he asked if she needed anything further.

"Considering I've had some experience in bandaging up fight wounds, I think I should be okay." She had also picked up a first aid kit from the kitchen pantry, thankful Suki or one of the cooks had thought to stock it.

"My only concern is if he's been shot. I've no experience with gunshot wounds, thankfully."

Squeezing his hand back, and grabbing a quick kiss to his cheek, Fallon nearly drug Cyrus to the Rav, and tossed everything in the back seat.

Within about ten minutes of hanging up from Panos, Fallon and Cyrus were on the road, and after about another ten minutes were circling the park looking for the wounded vampire. The drive from the estate into town normally took about twenty minutes, but Fallon had pulled out all the stops, and with traffic on their side so early in the morning, had made record time.

"There...is that him?" Before Cyrus could respond, Fallon pulled up alongside the curb, and sure enough, there was Panos.

"Would you check him first love...just in case?"

Fallon was going to hang back, but she reached over the seat, and retrieved the supplies from the back seat anyway. Though she didn't fear anything Panos could do to her, she still wasn't going to just jump into something that might be painful. She had no doubt Cyrus was much better equipped and skilled to take care of himself.
Cyrus 17 years ago
The drive to the park had been rushed as was the complete playback of the phone conversation. That made him feel a bit more comfortable with the situation. It did not sound like a set up per se, though Panos could possibly be that good of an actor. Still he said nothing while mulling over the situation. At Fallon's frantic pace he refrained from offering to check out the park on foot instead of driving around. There was no need to make her worry over his hide as well.

"There is a doctor who is familiar with our kind, should he need it."

When they found a prone figure laying half on the curb and half on the grass the car stopped. Nodding his head at her request he made a few of his own.

"I will go check on him. You stay in the car, keep it running, doors locked. I can get in if needed without assistance. If this is Panos and he is injured, I will bring him to the car. If this is a more devious plot, drive. Do NOT get out of this car Fallon. Please."

Cyrus softened his order with a kiss on her hand. Before exiting he pulled his phone from his pocket.

"Give Suki a call. Have her round up the babies and put them in their room then to ready the downstairs for a messy guest."

With a quick flip and shift, he was out of his seat and out a door on the oposite side of the car to Panos' still form. His paws made no sound as he hit the ground though the door closing did thud slightly. The air smelled heavy of blood and other messier things. A mini battleground with the looser lying on the field. Cautiously he scented the air for others and could pick up Panos' scent, humans and dogs on the night air. The later two were faint, telling him that there had not been many around for many minutes at least.

With quiet steps the small leopard made its way towards the scent of blood cautiously. The scent of gunpowder was distinct as he got closer, along with dog oddly enough. Whiskers twitching Cyrus got within two feet of Panos, out of arms reach but close enough to swipe a claw if needed.
He had been staring up into the light above him, imagining it was the sun and that he were laying outdoors once again in the fields of his family's farm. He heard a vehicle pulling around but did not move. Maybe they'd think he was some drunk asleep and leave him alone. It wasn't until he heard a door open and close and the soft rustling of something coming closer. It didn't sound like a person.

His good eye rolled to the side to peer out from the devil mask's eyehole. He was hallucinating now, because he saw a large cat.

Go away cheetah, i'm not for eating and i certainly don't have any cheetos. He waved a bloody hand meekly in dismal.

God, who opened the zoo.

To him his absurd statements made sense. He wasn't even that shocked to see a large animal of that type. He would have been more cautious and suspicious in a normal state of being. He had seen Chryseis change before and he knew other vampires were able to do so as well. Specifically Anantya vampires.