Ger Kogji Party - House

Now that you have entered the party and been greeted at the door, please feel free to step into one of the many rooms available. The formal front room is available along with the kitchen and family room. Several of the rooms have doors leading to the Lanai.

Each of the room has lush tropical plants and abundant seating. Caterers are set up in the kitchen and breakfast area with hor dourves. There is a powder room to the right of the front room.

There are some doors that are locked and guarded by security personel. It would be unwise to attempt to enter these areas.

((This thread is for the party guests that wish to make their ways out into the many rooms of the house to enjoy the sights, sounds and scents.))

Suki Langston 17 years ago
Suki moved from the large foyer into the formal front room. With the plants all about, it was hard to think of this room as formal. With a smile at Wesley she looked around.

"This is what I have been working on for over six months. First finding the property, then architects, contratctors, keeping everyone on schedule, hiring a designer, painters, purchasing furniture. It's been a busy time for me. Thank you for your patience. This room is the formal front room. Its not formal in the strictest sense, but in the fact that its more of a place to mingle than kick back and watch TV. Thats the den off the kitchen."

Realizing she was babbling, stopped her from continuing with a slight blushing smile.

"So how have you been? Is college challenging or fun?"
Wesley 17 years ago
“You did all this? I mean you coordinated the building of this home?” Wesley asked, showing true admiration at the efforts she must have put into it.

He twirled around tacking as much in as one could in a quick glance, “This is very nice, I expect your employers a quit pleased.”

He had forgotten or missed her question of him as he moved to look at the artwork on the wall to the right. "this is nice, something African?"
Blushing slightly she waved the praise away. "It was more just nagging at the contractors to do their best in a reasonable time frame and finding the right people for the other jobs."

As he scanned the room she did as well, though stayed stationary. Her pleased nod was accompanied by a small smile. "Thank you, I am thrilled how amazing it turned out. So are Cyrus and Fallon which makes it perfect."

She followed him slightly and her head cocked to the side as he admired the object on the wall. It was artwork, though functional. Stepping over to the switch she flipped it on and the sconce illuminated with a moderate light through the delicate looking paper.

"I found these at an import lighting store. Sort of a modern approach at a Chinese Lamp or Soji lamp. I thought they were fun and as Cyrus' roots are in Asia it seemed appropriate. I'm glad you like it."

The windows at the end of the room exposed the lanai and all the people on it. Noting the quantity of people at the bar she turned to Wesley.

"Would you like something to drink? There is a bar set up off the kitchen."

((for reference: The Arslantai Home - Ger Kogji))
Fallon 17 years ago
Hoping she had given Suki ample time to welcome her friend, Fallon walked into the living room, and overheard the discussion about the house.

"Suki is being much too humble, if it hadn't been for her assistance with Cyrus, I know this place would have never been completed as quickly as it was. Her expertise and organizational skills was a godsend to us. Not to mention, she's just an all around great woman."

Fallon put an arm around her friend, and gave her a half hug, as she held her hand to the man standing near.

"Welcome to Ger Kogji, and I apologize for not greeting you sooner. Both Cyrus and I are thrilled you could make it." Her smile was bright, as this man was the first Fallon had seen Suki show any interest in at all. Not that her friend told her about ALL the people she associated with, but Suki had admitted to not having anyone special in her life, not that long ago. So whether this man was just a friend, or more, Fallon didn't care. As long as Suki liked his company, Fallon would do whatever she could to make sure he felt at home.

"And of course, since this is Suki's home as well, we hope you'll feel free to visit often."

Suki was a grown woman, and more than capable in all aspects of her life, that Fallon had seen anyway. She didn't doubt her friend could manage her social life just fine as well. This did not mean Fallon wouldn't keep an eye on the man, until she was satisfied Suki was 'safe'.

"Please make yourself at home, and if the hor d oeuvres aren't sufficient, dinner will be served soon."

Fallon wanted to sit and visit longer, but knew she really needed to see to the rest of her guests. Once she made the rounds, she hoped Cyrus would be able to tear himself away from the door, and they might be able to enjoy the rest of the party together.

(ooc - Fallon out and back to another part of the house - mingling)
Wesley 17 years ago
“She is a very nice lady, and quit stunning.” Wesley said.

Suki it seems has a very well off employer but he had forgotten if she had mentioned what they did. He looked at the lady leaving, and asked, “Do they do real-estate as a living?

He was also looking to sit down but was not sure what his new friend wanted to do.
Suki smiled as Fallon breezed in and out so charmingly. That woman had such an unconcious grace and welcoming demeanor, she made the perfect hostess. At Wesley's comments about Fallon she nodded.

"Fallon is a beautiful person, inside and out. She was teaching English as a Second Language at the community center before the house building started taking too much of her time. And Cyrus inherited ownership of three businesses specializing in antiques."

Suki was firmly able to tell those two facts as truth due to Cyrus' control as her Master. To her, they were absolute truth and nothing could change her view. So she was comfortable informing him of what Cyrus and Fallon 'did'.

Looking around the house made her very happy and she hoped everyone at the party enjoyed themselves. Since Wesley had not commented about her correction of his earlier assumption she hoped he was not offended. Trying to be a good hostes she smiled and waved her hand, pointing first towards the way to the wet bar, through the lanai, and then to the couch.

"Would you like to get something to drink? or sit down?"
Wesley 17 years ago
Wesley looked at her with interest, “I’ll fetch something for us if you tell me what you would like?” he asked.

He was perfectly comfortable with the girl. Just like their first meeting. He, of course was not trying to impresses her or turn toward anything romantic. It hadn’t occurred to him he liked her that way or needed to impress.

“Are we allowed to tack drinks in here?” he asked not wanting to brake any house rules.
"Oh thank you! I am so nervous though I dont think I could drink anything. This is a big event for us."

Suki hoped that all the business contacts of Cyrus and Clan leaders for all of them were very happy and well entertained. Deep in the pit of her stomach she knew something important would happen tonight. She kept her mental fingers crossed as to what that would be. Returning her attention to Wesley's question she nodded.

"Of course we can, though there are other rooms of the house I could happily show you as well, if you are interested."
Wesley 17 years ago
Wesley was delighted she planed to stay near and show him around. After all he was totally out of place, not knowing anyone other then her. He certainty wanted to meet people but felt awkward standing around not wanting to butt into anyone’s conversation.

“Excellent Suki, please show me everything. I’ll pick up a drink later.”
"I would love to show off the house. Follow me."

Suki headed towards the door at the back of the Living Room. It opened onto the lanai and the wood flooring changed to a lovely limestone brick even though it looked like an indoor area. The koi pond on their left was trickling merrily and the large finned fish swam sedately through the clear water. The plants in and around the feature made it feel like an exotic garden even if it was only a small corner. Above the pond was a window into the piano bar which she pointed out. Continuing moving the could see the party in full swing off to the right, a comfortable seating area ahead and a door onto the kitchen nook to their left. Entering this she smiled at the guards.

"While the lanai is completely enclosed it is made up of two parts, the actual semi outdoor living areas and the pool deck. While the deck is amazing I think I like the koi pond the best. You can see into the Piano Bar from there as well. Beyond that comfortable furniture ahead is a quasi outdoor kitchen and doors into the den that completely disappear if desired. Here is the door to the kitchen, currently manned by Stephan and Gestal. Hi guys! This is my friend Wesley, Wesley meet our super security guys."

Her running comentary continued as they moved throughout the areas. Both the guards smiled at her and one held the door open for the duo to enter. Once she and Wesley were inside the kitchen she looked back and cocked her head at the two security personel. "Did you two have a chance to eat before?"

Both nodded their assurances that they had indeed been able to consume the meal she had sent out to every guard prior to the start of this event. With this many vampires on site, the last the she wanted was a sluggish guard so each had gotten a black insulated mug full of their beverage of choice. With a pleased smile she continued giving the young college man the tour.

The nook was quite different than what would be considered normal. The caterers had set up an hor dourves table instead of the stylish bristo set that lived there. They found Desiree chatting up the woman working the food.
"Desiree, dont be harrassing the lady, or else she will pad the bill!"

The accountant harumphed and switched her attention briefly to Suki. "Girl, dont think I dont know everything about this shindig except perhaps who this cute young man is. Boy what are you doing with a bossy bit of goods like Miss Suki?"

Laughing at the accountant, Suki could only marvel that the woman knew so much but missed out on several of the larger secrets. Still she was good natured and introduced her to Wesley.

"Miss Desiree, this is Wesley. Wesley, this is Miss Desiree. Cyrus' accountant and a bossy bit of goods herself."

With a flamboyant wave the large woman brushed aside Suki's comments to address Wesley. "Its a pleasure to meet you Wesley. You dont pay her no mind at all. I am forcefull, not bossy!"

((Denotes Desiree, the NPC, speaking))
Wesley 17 years ago
Wesley followed her around like a puppy, very willing puppy. He was impressed with her self-confidence and watchfulness over the staff, guards and such.

He was slightly taken a back by the accountant and her shot at Suki, so he asked.
"Is she serious or kidding?"Â?

He walked to a window and looked out for a second, then turned, "you get off on doing the organization thing don't you?"Â?

He admired anyone who was that way. It was a trait he lacked totally. In truth, it was the major reason he struggled with his theses. He really would love to tap into her skills in that area.
"Dont mind her, shes crazy, but harmless."

With a dismissive wave and wink at the Desiree she walked towards the Den space. At Wesley's comment she shrugged.

"I dont think I would call it 'getting off' on organizing. Its just something I do, and pretty well. I also do quite well at other things, like making friends or martial arts. The first two were why I was hired and as this is the best job I have ever had, I will happily continue doing it until Cyrus doesn't need me."

Stepping into the center part of the leisure room she admired how it looked. Though the substantial plasma TV would probably only get used by her, it still made her smile. Looking around she felt comfortable, home.

"If someone walked up and offered you a job, doing only what you normally do, it would be a dream job. Sure the things I work on may not be just my own home finding or decorating or party planning, but now those simple and fun things have a purpose. Its like my job is to simply be myself." Her comment ended with a happy laugh, sometimes she did not even realize her own good fortune.
Wesley 17 years ago
Wesley smiled at her, “you know what I think I like about you?” He paused then went on, “now I hardly know you, so I can be wrong. I like your comfort with yourself and how you enjoy the moment, very good qualities.”

He was very much not in comfort with himself and the moment seemed to fly by as his mind focused on the future on the past.
"Thank you. I guess I do that."

Suki looked around the den, comfortable in her new home. Even though most things in it were geared towards Cyrus and Fallon's tastes, she felt comforted and welcomed. Hearing the caterers chatter some about dinner being ready to serve she smiled at Wesley.

"Lets head to he dining room to make sure we dont have to sit at the kids table." She kidded with a wink.

Leaving the warm room she walked through the kitchen smiling and briefling acknowledging the staff that she had spent so much time with earlier today. Each one got thanked for doing such a fabulous job and none seemed to mind that she snatched a small piece of fruit from a waiting tray. Instead the head chef simply laughed and continued his work, telling a sous chef to fill in any pieces of his masterpiece.

The dining room looked lovely. Plants and flowers abound and the table had been covered with a white cloth and then strewn with orchid petals. The plates gleamed and sparkled in the light thrown by the strand of lights woven around the center of the table, through the plants. The overhead light was on but dimmly, just enough to see everything but not enough to look sterile. It created ambiance just perfect for an evening with friends and family in a tropical paradise.

"Oh look, name placards! You are down here next to me." She said happily to Wesley when she spotted their names. "Go ahead and have a seat, I think I should great people and direct them to their spots for just a little bit. Dont worry though, I will introduce you to those around you as they arrive."
Mai 17 years ago
Mai wandered into the dining room and noted the preparations. The table was beautifully decorated with flowers and she reached over and picked up a Hetsukaran petal from the table and smiled. She wondered why they were eating but perhaps it was a custom in a house warming party. Mai considered tea important enough to continue drinking it and sometimes she honored her ancestors with food.

Still carrying the petal and gently rubbing the fragrant flower between her fingers, Mai turned her white eyes to the pair already in the room.

"Konbanwa."Â?
Wesley 17 years ago
Following her toward the dining room, well not follow, Wesley was mostly next to her.

He laughed happily at her joke about the kids table, he replied,
"I don't know, the kids table is often where the action is."Â?

Wesley waited as she chatted with the kitchen staff. Again he liked her people skills, relaxed and confident.

As they entered the formal dining room Wesley knew he was in company over his head. The room was warming elegant, with a touch of a garden, very classy.

"I thought buffet Suki, not a sit down dinner. Wow!"Â? he sighed.

When she had pointed at the placards and one with his name, he wondered. He hadn't RSVP, so how did they know he would show. After all, he hadn't decided he would come but the day of the event.

Wesley nodded, as she moved to position herself to greet the various guests.
Suki smiled at the efficiency of vampires. Dave must be very capable to get his list already put on name cards without leaving the door. Shrugging slightly at his astonishment she tried to explain.

"While a buffet would fit the somewhat informal theme, Fallon requested a sit down. Plus the caterer is so wonderful, this will be fabulous."

She stopped from babbling on at the Anantya Elder's arrival. Dropping into a quick bow she greeted the vampire.

"Good evening Miss Asahi. We are so glad you could come this evening. This is Wesley, a college student friend of mine. Wesley this is Asahi Mai, a very esteemed colleague of Cyrus."

Just then one of the staff entered with name placards in hand and placed them in front of empty settings. It was amazing what hiring good help could do. The woman swiftly darted back out of the room as swiftly as she had entered with a quick 'dont mind me' to them.
Cyrus 17 years ago
With his hand low on Fallon's back they made their way from the foyer and the laughing guard towards the rest of the party. Whispering into her ear as he eyed their suite's door for a second.

"Are you sure we have to go right now? I can think of a very close and secluded place to be to enjoy MY dinner."

((Cy & Fallon in))
Wesley 17 years ago
Wesley nodded at the person was introduced to him. He began to rise from his seat to shake hands.
Mai 17 years ago
Mai nodded to Suki and turned her attention to the friend that the girl was introducing. She gave him a slight bow in greeting.

"Dozo yoroshiku , Wesley-san. It is a pleasure to meet you."Â?

She noticed that he had his hand outstretched. Mai smiled and delicately handed him the flower petal she had picked up.

"It is very soft. Very lovely."Â?

It would seem others were returning and Mai made every effort not to hear Cyrus' whispered comment to his mate. Moving around the table Mai ran her fingers over the little placards. Eventually she came to stand in front of the chair assigned to her.

((OOC: She is handing a flower petal to Wesley, feel free to take it or not as you see fit. I am also not sure how far away Cyrus and Fallon are but since its in this thread I'm guessing they are at least within her very perceptive ear shot let me know if you wish this to be otherwise. ))