White Palm Trees

Ginnie sat on the bed staring at the four outfits floating in the air across the room. The first on the left was a bright yellow cloth printed with small white and green flowers, It was a modified hawaiian shirt tailored for her body, paired with a wrap skirt. Sighing she made it float back to the closet, that particular yellow would drain her face of color and she questioned what made her order it.

The next was a crimson backless halter with an ankle length wrap skirt, both printed with big white passion flowers. She liked it, and thought it would go alright with Alec's clothes so she left it be and moved to the next outfit. It was khaki shorts paired with a green camisole with lace trim and a hawaiian shirt she would wear open. She twisted her mouth to one side and pictured herself next to Alec in the outfit. Her nose wrinkled and she floated it back to the closet.

The final outfit was a white leather wrap skirt that fell to just above mid-thigh. One side of the skirt was slit from hem to waistband, and it had a pair of bloomers under the skirt to keep her bits covered. The top was literally a long piece of material that was centered on the neck twisted just above the breasts and then wrapped around to tie in the back. She had fallen in love with the outfit in the catalogue and ordered it, but didn't know if she should wear something so....showy to Cyrus' party. She wasn't entirely how...forward thinking the old shape-shifter would be. Then again, what was the point of going to these shindigs if you couldn't be a little flashy.

With a firm nod she floated the red dress back to the closet and stood from the bed, behind her the beep on her flat iron went off. Smiling, she tossed the white set on the bed and returned to the bathroom, removing towels from hair and body. Now she just had to figure out what to do with her hair...

Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
Knowing that Ginnie would be going through her preparation rituals, Alec decided to shower at the office to avoid getting in the way. He didn't do it often, but it was pleasant to have the ice cold showers that he was expressly prohibited from having with her. She liked her steamy baths, and that those were nice too, but sometimes getting back to the basics was just what the body ordered - a shock back into the world to help clear the mind of everything else.

Tonight there hadn't been much to clear, so it just served as a time for purging. He let the icy water wash over him and clean him out like a glacial stream, exposing all of his little weaknesses. The water made his body more naked than possible as each of his scars tightened up and protested the hidden cache of devices he kept concealed within his skin. He felt the tightening of the muscles in response to where they had been over-strained with the evening's training. He felt the cold air escaping from his mouth and reminded him to floss his teeth since he'd had solid food.

He liked the cold because it made him more aware of his body, even without expanding his perception. It taught him he was just like a human, except colder.

Drying off, he realized that he'd left the clothes at the apartment, though. Ah well. Time for the old "Trenchcoat and Tube Sock" run to their place. Ginnie'd probably be done with her bathroom rituals by then, anyway.

Alec still didn't understand the whole scented oils and tricks with hair and makeup. Ginnie was ravishing without all of that. He supposed it was like his scars - she didn't seem to mind them, but he had issues surrounding them. But his scars were funky, and there wasn't an ugly bone in her body. He supposed that beauty was viewed very differently from the first person.

Shrugging, he headed back to the apartment.
Ginnie 17 years ago
Ginnie ra a fat comb through her hair and picked up the blow dryer, using cold air she blew out the worst of the moisture. With that done she picked up her flat iron and proceeded to iron the curls God gave her away. The proximity alarms beeped twice indicating Alec, as she was working on the last lock of hair. She looked like a completely different person with out the curls. Shrugging she opened the little cabinet to the left of the sink and pulled out a wooden box the size of her palm. Inside were two hair abalone hair combs, she had purchased just before WW2 on a trip to Hawaiian Island of Oahu.

She used them to pull back the sides of her hair, securing them with a firm push. She pulled a sparkle gloss from her make up case and put it on. It was all the make up she planed to wear this evening. With gloss in hand she returned to the bedroom and found Alec there...naked. With a lifted eyebrow she crossed to her dresser ad removed a white lace thong from the top drawer.

"Is that a snake in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

She pulled on the panties, before moving to the bed and her clothes.
Alec was a bit thrown. She'd straightened her hair. It was odd, yet pleasant and made him feel warm. At her comment, he stopped staring for a moment, glanced down and realized that he was indeed a fan of the new hairstyle.

"Consider that my exclamation point of surprise at the new hairstyle."

Walking over behind her as she moved to her clothes, he wrapped his arms suddenly around her, holding her tight. Inhaling deeply, he made a small, happy sound that came from the center of his chest.

"And I'm always happy to see you. Usually surprised, but always happy."

Kissing the back of her neck, he released her and moved to his own clothing - the white linens and a tropical shirt with no color - just embroidered palm trees, white on white. That would be as tropical as he could get. All of those wild colors were just right out for him.
Ginnie 17 years ago
Ginnie leaned into his hug, and grinned over her shoulder at him. She pulled on the skirt and pulled the zipper up, as he moved to his own clothing. "I thought it would be more polynesian. Since you don't generally see masses of curls in Hawaii."

She pulled a hand through the straightened locks. She would have to do this again, but she wasn't sure how worth it it was, it had taken forever. "It's a touch exotic, don't you think?"

Grinning again, she put the top behind her head making the ends even, put the right half over the left, gave a small twist and the pulled one end over each breast. She moved her hands down the fabric, pulled the ends around her back and walked to where Alec stood buttoning his shirt.

"Would you tie this for me? Pull it tight to my body and make a simple knot."

Alec followed her instructions, with only a small pause. His hands brushed the bare skin of her back giving her shivers. When he'd finished she shivered again at the soft touch of his lips on her shoulder. Swallowing hard she stepped away from him and turned around. He looked wonderful.

She'd had the linen pants creased with in an inch of their life, and the shirt was just the right amount of dressy casual. It was an open weave with palm trees marching in a row on either side of the buttons, and three rows of them down his back, and one on each sleeve. It did not have buttons all the way up the shirt front like a dress shirt, but instead stopped three buttons shy and had lapels. She'd seen a lot of them when she had visited Miami last year for a gun show.She took a deep breath and smiled at him, trying to push the heat she felt in her eyes away.

"I have flowers in the fridge."

She turned on her heel and shook her head, she sounded like Baby in Dirty Dancing "I carried a watermelon." It was not unusual for her to loose her cool around Alec, especially when he stood there in those sexy clothes and she had to leave him in them.

In the kitchen, she pulled a plastic shell carton from the florist out along with two bags of blood. The former she set on the counter the later she opened with a handy knife ad poured into mugs. She set the mugs in the microwave and pushed the number one, so it would be warm, but not hot and could be drunk quickly.

As the microwave hummed she opened the carton and pulled out two leis an anklet and a single passion flower, everything in bright lovely red. She bent and gently put the flowers around her ankle and turned to Alec. She put the larger lei over his head and the single flower behind his ear. She had wanted flowers on his wrist or ankle, but since she wasn't carrying any weapons on her person, he would need those places free from hindrance. She gently kissed his cheeks and the microwave beeped behind her.

She and Alec did not speak all the time when in each other's company anymore, because she had finally gotten over the urge to fill every silence. She smiled at him and went to pull the mugs from the microwave. She haded on to Alec.

"To good times and passion flowers." She winked at him and tapped her mug to his.
Listening to Ginnie's voice come from the new lines was a strange experience. Disjointing his vision further, he blurred the world until it was all edges and no color. Yes. It didn't matter what she did with her hair, or the colors, or the nuances of light. Ginnie's lines always added up to perfection. It was kind of eerie. In a very good way. Slipping from hashed sight into contrasting and back into the normal spectrum, Alec's dreamy look left his face.

"It is lovely, mon coeur, but it doesn't matter. I'm sure the islanders would appreciate the curls, too. They're wonderful."

Releasing her, having completed his task, he spun in a small circle. Looking down at himself, the clothing fit comfortably and seemed to somehow retain its form a lot more effectively than most linen had for him. She'd probably given it a special lecture, and perhaps shown what happens when linen doesn't hold a line in this household. Chuckling at the visions, he watched as she busied herself with the flowers. He didn't have any idea what they meant, but they smelled nice, even chilled. Watching as she moved about the kitchen, he had the strangest feeling. It was like an overlay of a memory, but with the wrong actors.

Squinting his eyes, he narrowed his spectrum a bit further. Catching just a bit of the infrared spectrum like that could invite a serious headache. It was his theory for migraines. Those humans with them could just see a greater spectrum of light, but were not completely able to process it. Apparently he wasn't, either. Shaking his head, he smiled as a snack was proffered before him.

Watching her watch him drinking his blood was nice. A quiet, shared experience. Those didn't happen a lot in Tacharan, it seemed, and he savored them the more for it. Smiling at her toast, he inclined his head slightly and drank.

"If everything's set, we should head out. I'm sorry I got us a bit behind schedule, dear. Thanks for remembering to blood me before solid food. I forget sometimes, still."
Ginnie 17 years ago
"It's my pleasure to remember for you."

She drained her mug and rinsed it in the sink, then took Alec's and did the same, blood could be a pain in the ass to get off hand-painted stone. She ran her tongue over her teeth, cleaning them of anything left from the snack. She did not need to feed as often as Alec, but helping him stay healthy kept her from forgetting as well.

"I'm ready I just need my purse."

She was forced to carry one this evening for the sole purpose of having a weapon, with no bra and no way to hide a holster she was dependant on the little .22 in her purse. She wanted to ask Alec if he was armed properly, but that would just be insulting, he knew his business almost better than she knew her own. She grabbed the little straw bag, slid her feet into simple sandals, pulling the back up over her heel, before donning her thigh-length winter coat. She had no desire to freeze for the sake of beauty.

Alec did his last minute prep, put on the light brown suede coat she had given him on a whim and the fedora she's given him for Christmas last year. He looked rakish and she wanted to undress him right there in the entry way. Instead she opened the door and walked into the hall. They were off to a night of high class partying.

((ooc Alec and Ginnie out))