catchin up!

what a week!

as some of you may know, i've been having some rather annoying issues with employment this year. not to mention, that it's just been an odd year all around... anyways, i started (another) new job last week. it's temp until the end of october, but if things work out the way we think they will, i will be offered the position full time. and (if the last few days are any indication) I WANT THIS JOB!!! the only downside is the commute, which is alot further than i would like, but the perks more than make up for it. actually, there is one other downside - i have internet access... sorta. they have us filtered from all but approved websites from 8am - 11:30 am and fro 1pm til 4:30. i can't even check my email!!! I feel so alone!!! while i understand the concept (keeps us from playing all day, not that any of us would ), it's also a royal pain when you actually have a legitimate reason to be on a particular website and can't get to it. so part of my assignment over the enxt week is to track down those sites and get them approved... which i can't do without access!!!

on top of that, my son caught localized chicken pox - BECAUSE i had him vaccinated. the good news, is because it's localized (6 square inches on his thigh) he can goto daycare as long as he wears pants, so i don't have to take time off of work right after landing this job. the bad news is the poor thing is miserable. how do you explain to an 18-month old that the pain WILL go away... eventually....

Wesley 17 years ago
Man o man. It amazes me how our live get so sideways. Don't even have to try.

Good luck with the job! And also the local chickens
Ginnie 17 years ago
Congrats on the job! Welcome back! *huggles for the little one* Chicken pox stink. If he'll sit still long enough give him an oatmeal bath, it really does help.
Alec Devereaux 17 years ago
Man, if he's anything like I was at that age, good luck getting him to keep those pants on! That right there is a win!

Hope all works out well in the end.
Shay 17 years ago
Benedryl spray worked wonders for my daughter, who also had localized chicken pox...the only place she broke out was around her waist...nothing like when I got it and had breakouts inside my mouth, and on my scalp :P And back then all they had was calimine lotion, which I truly believes is some kinda placebo...I've never found it to work for anything itchy.
Alexandra 17 years ago
Awww poor baby, my little one hasn't had it yet *knocks wood* but with her going to preschool i won't be surprised if she gets it sooner of later.

Congrats on the job, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope it's a keeper /hug!
Panos Mehalitsenos 17 years ago
I still have scars from my chikenpox! i was the kid that picked at them even tho mom said no. Good luck with that and the job!
Fiona 17 years ago
okay, i have to admit i'd heard of this one, but i've never actually attempted it... what exactly is an oatmeal bath?

the rash on his leg is covering less area today and his mood has imporved (thank goodness) though with work and classes i haven't had a chance to really see much of the little goob in the last few days. i had a meeting out at the university tonight that (thankfully) got out early, so i got to spend a little time with him before bed! YAY!!!

thanks for all the well wishes, guys! it means alot to me!
Alfarinn 17 years ago
Sounds rough. Good luck

My advice on the oatmeal

Put instant oatmeal in a coffee filter and tie it off with a twist tie; let it soak in the water for a few minutes and then apply it like a compress to his leg. You can also buy colloidal oatmeal and add it directly to the water.
Ginnie 17 years ago
Aveno makes an oatmeal bath. You just fill the tub with water to his belly button and add the little packet.

I use it on my kiddos for heat rash as well.