Crowd watching

Alfarinn watched the masses of Club Eternity, leaning with his elbows resting upon the bar. It was crowded tonight and he expected there to be good sport to be had. In preparation for just such a thing he was wearing a tight black Versace long sleeved shirt and a pair of designer jeans that fit him like a second skin. His long pale hair was tied neatly at the back of his neck for the sake of convienence as well as a neat appearance. Alfarinn smiled slightly at a waitress carrying a tray full of drinks as she passed him on her way to some table and then turned his attention once more to the masses.

Meegan 18 years ago
"I can do this." Meegan told herself as the limo she'd hired pulled up outside the club. Last year she had decided that this was where she would spend her twenty-fifth brithday, so she had called and made the reservations.

With a deep breath she stepped out of the opened limo door. She nodded to her driver, then gave her name to the man at the door. He took a moment to look her up and down, appearently approving of the mid-thigh length black dress, with a neck-line that plunged in a narrow V, nearly to her belly button, and a back that swooped down and gathered at the small of her back, and the tasteful diamonds that shimmered at neck, ears, fingers and wrists.

"Enjoy your evening, madam."

"Thank you."

She took a moment to smooth the stray strands that had escaped from her long loose strawberry blonde curls, before walking through the door the man held open for her.

Once inside she stopped for a moment and looked around taking the place in as her eyes adjusted to the light.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn noticed the latest arrival. Well dressed... He approved. It was so hard to find anyone with a sense of style these days. It seemed there was either too much flesh showing or not enough. Not to mention the people who could not figure out what size they should wear and either ran around in something that fit them like a large sack or something they stole from the juniors rack and decided to try to squeeze themselves into.

His lips turned upward in a faint smile and he raised his glass to her in a small salute.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan returned the smile with a small incline of her head and a slight curl of her lips. As her eyes continued to scan the room she spotted a small empty table with two chairs and made her way to it. She sat with graceful ease, and crossed her left leg over her right.

A waitress stopped by her table and she ordered a glass of chablis.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn's eyes scanned back over the dancing crowd. He wondered if any of his clan would join him tonight. He could use the company. Growing bored with people watching, Alfarinn drained his glass and turned around to ask the bartender for another one.

" Another Gin and tonic" It was his drink of choice tonight. Not a good mead but those were hard to find these days.
Meegan 18 years ago
When her drink arrived she gave the waitress her credit card and told her to run a tab, then sipped lightly from the dry wine. Her eyes continued to roam the club, but they kept returning to the beautiful man at the bar who had smiled at her.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Feeling another's attention on him, Alfarinn turned back around to identify the source. Ah, the young woman he greeted earlier. He'd not had anything to 'eat' yet so perhaps he should find non immortal company for the start of the evening.

Picking up his drink, he wandered slowly over to her table. Taking a sip, he watched her a moment before speaking.

"Could I interest you in some company or are you waiting on someone?"
Meegan 18 years ago
She tilts her head to look up at the source of the voice.

"Please, I would enjoy the company."
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn hooked a leg around the chair and pulled it out before settling down into it. He leaned back and casually glanced around the place before turning his attention to the girl once more.

"What brings you to Club Eternity?"

Straightning just a bit, he set his drink on the table and extended his hand.

"My name is Arin, by the way. Arin Björn."
Meegan 18 years ago
She gently places her hand in his.

"Meegan Masters, and I'm here to celebrate my birthday."

She smiles warmly.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
He squeezed her hand slightly before leaning back and smiling at her.

"You're birthday? Well, that's quite the occasion. We should celebrate."

Alfarinn looked around and caught the attention of one of the waiters hurrying by.

"Could you be so kind as to bring us a bottle of your finest champagne?"
Waiter 18 years ago
Francois had no problems hearing the soft voice of the vampire calling for his attention. Stopping, he bowed deeply before Alfarinn, recognizing him the moment he walked into the club.

With his head dipped low in respect and not making eye contact, he nodded towards Alfarinn and his beautiful dinner date.
'Oui, Master Alfarinn, would there be anything else I can bring après-dîne?'
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked up and smiled at François, always so prompt.

"Non, Merci, François. It is the Madamoiselle's birthday. aujourd'hui. "

He looked back at Meegan.

"Unless there is anything else that you would like?"
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan smiled at the familiarity between the man and the waiter, her respect growing for Arin.

"Not just now, the champagne will be nice. Thank you."
Waiter 18 years ago
'Très bon, mademoiselle.' With a click of his heels, Francois walked off to the back for their order.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Turning back to Meegan, He asked.

"So what birthday are we celebrating?"

Alfarinn took another large swallow of his gin and tonic and waited for her reply. She seemed rather polite and perhaps slightly nervous to be here. He wondered why.
Meegan 18 years ago
"The quarter-century one."

She sipped from her wine and smiled at Arin

"My aunt was appalled when I told her I was going to a night club to celebrate, and on my own no less."

She chuckles softly as the sound of her aunt's voice rumbles in her head.
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis took a final drag of her cigarette and dropped it on the street. She was standing outside Club Eternity wearing a red, form fitting blouse that hugged her curves and a black skirt that heartily did the same. Walking across the street she passes the line and nods to the guard who immediately moved out of her way and opened the door for her.

Upon entering she slipped off her jacket and tossed it to the coat check girl with a smile. She surveyed the main room. Her eyes landed on Alafrinn and immediately she smiled and approached him. Her path took her right by a waiter heading towards their table with a champagne bottle chilling happily in its bucket. Ellis reached out and grabbed the bottle and smiled at the two patrons.

'Well if it isn't my old pal, Alafrinn!'
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn surpressed the urge to groan outwardly at the sight of Ellis Dubán. Looking up at her, he casually turned in her direction her and leaned back in the chair, resting one arm over its back. This could get interesting and with humans present, one sitting with him at the table no less! There was no telling just how civil the Tacharan was likely to be.

Noting the champagne bottle in her hand, He replied wryly.

"Good Evening, Ellis. Do make yourself at home."
Ellis Duban 18 years ago
Ellis purred, 'Even your civility is sexy.' Looking towards the human, Ellis chuckled. 'I hope I'm not interrupting, I just came to give beloved here a 'hello' and 'gosh its been a while'.' She held up the bottle and asked prettily, 'So who's drinking? I'll pour!' And winked at Alfarinn.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn eyed her warily but responded to the question. She was being far too accomodating.

"It is the Lady's birthday." He gestured to Meegan. "Won't you join us in a toast to her being a full quarter of a century old." He said the later part with a slight smile that only Ellis would appreciate the meaning of.