Ocean breeze

She sat in the sand not to far from the shore. The breeze was cooling fast as summer had been slowly fading into fall. Her loose curls danced around her porcelin face discretly and she heard his footsteps.

I knew you'd come.

Of course you did, we are bound together and you did call to me. He answered her as he took a seat indian style next to her in the grainy sand.

She raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at him without turning.

I did , did I? I was not aware.

You may not have conciously called to me but you did call. You are lonely these days my dear Aunt. Why is it that you insist on hiding in your little dorm in that massive stuffy structure your people call home?

My people Panos? We are your people as well. We are the beginning...

Yes yes, and the end. Please spare me the Anantian lecture this evening and speak to me like a normal person.

She didnt like his tone and the disdain was clearly written across her face but he ignored it and continued to stare out at the waves. She watched him like this for a few minutes in silence before she spoke. She turned her gaze onto the moonlit waves herself.

I don't want to talk about me. I haven't heard from you in quite awhile, in person or through our link. Either your hiding from me or you havent been distressed and thats not like you at all. Her voice was dry and her last comment was filled with sarcasm.

Panos Mehalitsenos 17 years ago
A quiet laugh escaped his lips. He looked down and began to finger a doodle in the sand watching as it quickly closed back up as the sand itself was dry.

Ah, Chryseis the reserved and proper one. So sophisticated and cold. You have feelings, I know somewhere deep down inside theres a little Chryssy waiting to come out, just crying for attention.

She scowled and narrowed her deadlike eyes.

I tease, I tease. Well mostly, and you are correct that I haven't been distressed lately. Actually quite the opposite. I met another vampire, believe it or not. It's almost like a dream really. You'll be happy to know she hasn't hired anyone to take me out either. He grinned a large grin and she rolled her eyes.

What a surprise little boy, what a surprise. Your Fallon woman is a member now, I watched her ceremony. It was a large celebration.

He winced at th mention of Fallon's name. It was still somewhat of a sore spot. A situation he didn't know how to handle so he had done nothing at all, and nothing proved to be worse than he had thought.

Well that is lovely.
Chryseis Angelique 17 years ago
She shrugged lightly.

I suppose. I have kept my distance much since then. I concidered speaking with Sorin about her but who knows what tricks i'd have to pull out of thin air to get him to listen to me of all people. I don't belong to his order and i'm sure my relationship with The Rose gets me negative points. And I sort of had a present made for him that I'm sure he hates.

The thought of the large marble rose she had left for him brought a rare sparkle to her eyes. Panos noticed it right away.

Aw why Aunt Chryseis is that a gleam of devilish happiness? I appreciate your concern for me regarding Fallon and her sponsor and see i told you that you had feelings. You love me admit it.

Never. Your vampire friend, she is from a clan or is as clanless and lost as you?
He had truly missed his aunt and he could feel the emense loneliness flowing from her in vibes. She had missed him as well.

Tacharan. Though she spoke indecisivly about being in a clan at all.

He unfolded his legs from the indian position and brought them up in front of him. At the same time he scooted closer to Chryseis. It was a dangerous move but he took the chance and decided to face the wrath if she wanted to dish it.

She only eye'd him suspicously.

The rogue clan of course, and not even totally sure she wants to be there. Where else but there would you find someone? It wasn't a question but a statement and he knew it wasnt ment to hurt his feelings.

I love you too Chryssy.

He wouldn't let her get too sour and lippy without reminding her she wasn't alone. He knew the empty feeling a vampire could get. Life was too long, with too many experiences that fly by at the speed of light. Everything a distant memory. It was even worse when times were slow. If your one who was used to action and then suddenly there was none, you ended up spending too much time thinking and dwelling.
He slung his arm over her shoulder.

I think it's time for me to go dear old aunt of mine. I have some proverbial shit to stir up in numerous places.

He watched her eyebrow arch once again as her interest peaked.
She stiffened slightly as he draped his heavy arm around her. Affection, how long had it been since she had a memory of what that felt like?

So, what your saying, is that i should get ready to cover your ass once again?

In away covering Panos's ass and protecting him gave her a purpose again. She didn't really mind, only a few times did it worry her. And that was only when her clan was involved.
Maybe it's time i quit hiding. What could possibly happen? I have to face up to what i've done? No biggie, i havent gotten this far hiding. I'll just kill whoever gets in my way. Right?

He grinned deviously. Was he kidding about killing? Even he wasnt sure. He wouldnt know what was going to happen until the last moment.

Standing up, he dusted his rump off. With a quick bend forward he planted a simple kiss on Chryseis's forhead and began walking away before she could move or speak.

Take care Chryseis.

(oocut)
She shook her head and closed her eyes.

There was work to do. There was always work to do.

(ooc - out)