Pumps, Slides and Mules, Oh My! (Open : Attn. Shay)

Oliver's was located in the heart of downtown, tucked a half of a block off of what was known as The Strip. The store was mid sized, usually with lots of room for patrons to move in between the tasteful maple displays. Unlike most outlet type stores, Oliver prided himself on the beauty and artful displays that let shoppers take in the multitudes of name brand and premium designer label shoes they carried. While the size selection was limited at best, it was one of the city's best kept secrets for obtaining high end ladies footwear at a fraction of the cost. Naturally, once Amberelle had discovered it she'd said a rosary worth of thanks before becoming a die hard customer.

Tonight she was here to check out what would be marked down for tomorrow's big end of summer sale. A few crisp bills would ensure anything she couldn't live without would be safely tucked away until she could come by after dusk. Sitting in one of the creamy caramel leather chairs she tapped her foot and waited for the clerk to finish up with ringing up a sale so she could see if they had a few Manolo Blahnik sandals in her size.

Shay 17 years ago
After leaving the club, Shay knew she'd have a few hours before Alexi would be home, and really didn't feel like writing tonight. She had obtained a lot of information over the past couple days, that she knew would really help out in fleshing out a few areas of her book, but she wanted to mull it all over a while longer before putting it down in type.

So, as she often did when a little bored, she went shoe shopping. She laughed to herself when she thought of the reaction Alexi would give her once she told him how she'd spent her evening. Being a rather typical male in this sense, he never had been able to understand how a woman with an entire closet full of shoes could want more. Shay had finally just given up trying to explain, except to cop out and tell him it was just a 'woman' thing. She cringed now when she remembered saying that, hating to fall back on an explanation that was so trite, and really not true. But he had laughed, and seemed appeased with her reason, so she had let it go.

Since she really didn't need any specific types of shoes, she was looking for the sheer pleasure of it, and with the hopes that something outstanding would jump out at her. As it was, she found two pair of Manolo Blahnik sandals that she imagined would be perfect for finishing out the summer season with. Sitting down next to an attractive young blond woman, Shay smiled at her, and then told the salesclerk that she needed a size 8 1/2 or 9 to try on.
Coincidentally, as her clerk left to check for her selections, another clerk asked the woman next to her for her selection. Shay felt a little bad that she'd been waited on first, since the other woman had obviously been there longer. Still smiling she shrugged to her neighbor.

"Sorry about that, I guess we both thought you had already been taken care of...?"
Amberelle DeEspionne 17 years ago
She wasn't annoyed. Really. Well, maybe a little she admitted to herself as she watched the other clerk wander into the back to get the same shoes she'd wanted, in her size as well. "There'd better be more than one of each." she thought darkly, "Or I'll be eating something blonde tonight.." That wasn't too bad of an idea, it would save her money and provide some needed sustanance. But as soon as the catty thoughts came Amby found her conscience would have none of it.

Returning her smile, Amberelle nodded at her selections. You have great taste, I'd been eyeing those as well. Makes me glad I hadn't bought them at Neiman's already.. Shopping here is always rewarding, non?

Turning her head to gaze at her normal salesclerk she could feel him already drooling at the commissions she always brought. If you would, Frank, check and see if there are two of those Manolos and also a 9 in these D&G slides. As he dissapeared into the back at a brisk pace, the young Anantya turned back to the pretty blonde beside her. She took in the lovely gown she wore and wondered where she'd just come from.

Holding out her hand, she looked the shorter woman in the eyes and introduced herself.
I'm Amberelle.
Shay 17 years ago
Now Shay felt really bad, knowing not only had she sat down second, but might get the only pair of shoes that the other woman...young woman wanted.

Shay hadn't noticed how young the blond appeared at first, but smiling at her now, she seemed barely out of her teens. It annoyed her only in the slightest that someone that young could afford a pair of Blahniks. Even now Shay felt totally decadent buying them. But it was a short lived annoyance when she saw how friendly the girl seemed. Taking the offered hand, Shay nodded.

"Shay, and it's nice meeting you Amberelle...that's a very lovely name...French?" Not only did the name sound French, but Shay thought she detected an accent that sounded remarkably French, if not completely. She really didn't have much of an ear for accents, but some were kind of obvious.

Shay thought she might have caught Amberelle looking at her dress, and giggled, realizing she did look a bit over dressed for shoe shopping. It never occurred to her to go home first, after the club, for fear that once she did she'd never leave again tonight. She guessed a short explanation was in order even if it wasn't something the other woman had yet wondered about.

"I guess I look a little out of place here tonight...not really dressed for shopping?" Seeing the returning clerk with two boxes, Shay paused only a second to try on the size 8 1/2's. "I'd gone out to a club but just didn't want to go home yet, and shoe shopping sounded like such a good idea at the time. Trust me, I really don't normally dress up quite this much, even to buy Blahniks!" She giggled good naturedly, and walked in both sandals over to admire them in a nearby mirror. The 8 1/2's felt perfect so she could be relieved to offer up the 9's to Amberelle, if she was still interested.

"I must say though, I'm still getting used to the ability to shop so late, and even more so to seeing so many others out and about this late. Back in LA they roll up the streets around nine and ten most week nights."

Walking around a bit more, Shay wanted to make sure there weren't any spots that would rub blisters onto her feet. The idea of spending this kind of money, discounted or otherwise on a pair of shoes she'd only wear once, just rubbed her the wrong way, so to speak.
Carol 17 years ago
Carol walked into Oliver's with a distinct purpose. Sliding in the door as someone was leaving, she stood at the entrance surveying the land, so to speak. Wearing rectangular purple tinted sunglasses, Carol looked over the rim and spotted a familiar face.

Ahh, she thought. Shay O'Mannon. Mathias' woman. Reaching behind her, she lifted her left foot and undid the strap of her open toed heel. Stepping back down she was considerably shorter, back to her just over 5'4 stature. Moving the tail of her silk gathered tank style dress, that matched her sunglasses, she undid the other foot. Carrying both heels by the straps, she sauntered over to Shay and the woman she appeared to be talking with.

'Why hello there!' Carol ran her hand down her dress and again grabbed the tail of her dress that swayed behind her. 'Shoe shopping - the first level of heaven.'
Shay 17 years ago
The somewhat familiar voice surprised her, but also delighted her when Shay turned and saw Carol, from Tacharan. Shay had always wanted to get to know the other 'familiar' better, but was very aware of Carol's importance in the clan, and the fact that she was almost always swamped with work...not to mention being in a position akin to Shay's, but with the head of the clan, Shay was a little intimidated by the other woman.

Still wearing the Blaniks, Shay stood up and offered Carol a brief but friendly hug, and then turned to Amberelle.

"Hello Carol! How nice to run into you...it's been quite a while since the last time we saw each other. This is my new friend Amberelle, another Blahnik aficionado...Amberelle, this is Carol...a...co-worker of my boyfriend's."

After just coming off the conversation with Ginnie, Shay was very in tune with trying to keep the lowdown on anything clan or vampire related from entering into public conversation. She really wasn't a stupid woman.

"What do you think about these?" She looked down at the strappy 4" heels of gold adorning her feet, and turned her ankle to show different angles. Shay loved them, and had already decided to get them.
Carol 17 years ago
Carol returned Shay's hug and then waved at the other woman. She looked a teeny bit familiar...the Creation Ball possibly. Carol wasn't sure so she just faked ignorance.

'Hi there!' She said with a sweet smile.

Directing her attention to Shay's shoes, she nodded appreciatively. 'Oooh - I don't normally do gold, but I might just give it a roll in the hay for those babies. Scoop 'em up!' Her eyes looked around the room with deep concentration.

'I get so tired of wearing my boots, I'm ready to try something expensive and completely unuseful.'
At Shay's question she gave a non commital sort of nod-shrug. French, non.. Creole. Formerly of New Orleans actually. Watching Fred come out with only 1 box she resigned herself to not getting the sandals. She slipped off her sneakers and nodded as she listened to why Shay was dressed as she was. It's always a good time to go shopping, at least I think so! Sliding the legs of her pencil jeans up some she stood to admire her feet's reflection. The slides would be nice when she wanted something dressy that wouldn't add to her already towering height of 5'11".

Nachton is a night owl's paradise, Amby said with a knowing smile. Now when I lived in New Orleans there was a night life, oui, but nothing like here. It's fabulous. The blonde admired the sleek Manolos as Shay walked about in them. They looked good, she found herself hoping that the woman liked the 8-1/2s so she could give the 9's a try.

Glancing over out of the corner of her eye she saw a delicious looking woman walk in. "I must be getting desperate if women are looking good.." she thought absently, Amberelle arched one of her brows faintly at the cute and very sassy outfit. She approved. Another moment and she shook off the niggling impression she'd seem the blonde before.

Hi, pleasure to meet you, she said quietly when Shay introduced her. Smiling at SHay's question, the Anantya nodded and agreed with the petite newcomer. Oui, you should get them. Wear them with something short and black and nothing else. She gave a naughty wink to the women. And I think if you're not going to use those 9's, then I am going to steal them! Well, she looked at Carol and thought for a moment. If you want something that screams throw me down and ravish me, right now.. there are plenty of those here. Fred, she motioned the hovering salesman over, I'll take these and those, she motioned to the 9's like the strappy metallic sandals Shay wore.

If you prefer silver, she said looking back at Carol, there are some sexy Manolos.. Fred, grab those over there. With a nod he tucked the boxes for the Anantya under his arm before reaching around a display to pull out a glimmering silver Manolo for Carol's approval.
Carol 17 years ago
Nodding Carol laid a manicured nail on her chin and squinted at the silver pair. 'I like it - I bet I could dance to it...' She suddenly imagined herself flat on her back, on her desk with Simon and with her imaginary eye, thought those babies would be awesome dangling off the side.

'Oooh, you know, those would look fab on me with my legs wrapped around Simon. I'll take them, size 6 1/2.' Carol shooed Fred away to retrieve her shoes when she spoted an eleven hundred dollar pair of heeled cowboy boots. 'I would so never wear these, but I must have them.' With a loud short whistle, she caught Fred's attention before he disappeared and she held the tawny colored boots in her hand. 'These too, Pappy?'

Carol smiled and stopped herself from grabbing another pair of boots and settled down on a chair next to Amberelle. 'You look familiar...why is that?'
Shay 17 years ago
Carol's mention of boots reminded Shay that she was still in the market for some. She had finally bought a pair to replace her worn ones, but decided they didn't really have the 'throw me down and ravish me' look she'd wanted. Grinning at Amberelle's comment she stood up and walked a few feet away to pick up a pair of over the knee, suede boots that she really loved on the shelf. She had to try them on to see if they looked as good on her feet.

Catching the clerk before he returned to the back again, she asked again for 8 1/2s and 9s in this style.

"Boots, sandals, can you ever have too many of either?" Shay laughed as she sat down and removed the gold sandals, placing them back into the box.

"Those silver ones are nice Carol, but if you don't have anything in gold, you should have at least one pair...I don't think a closet is complete without at least one."

Shay couldn't help but smirk at Carol's choice of words...the woman was a riot, and Shay was enjoying her immensely.
Watching Carol, it quickly became apparent she was tiny but her personality swelled around her. It brought a smile to her lips, and Amby supressed a chuckle. Again, she was sure she'd seen the woman before, and it seemed important. Thankfully she hadn't been in town too long so she ran through her few options quickly until at least it came to her. The Creation ball, when she'd gone to sit with Jan. Interesting.. that meant she was most likely affiliated with Tacharan. With a mental shake of her head, the Creole wondered if she was just destimed to meet nothing but Orphans. She'd met very few of her own clan who came close to appealing as girl-friends. "Maybe in a few centuries.."

Oh, nice boots Carol. And no, she grinned to Shay, you can never have too many! Looking at the boot display had Amberelle's eyes widening at one of the latest additions. It wouldn't be marked down as much but they were simply adorable.

Turning her head to the smaller woman, she smiled at Carol's question.
I was just wondering that myself. I think.. she paused and pictured the table again to be certain before nodding, yes, I am sure it was at the Creation Ball last year. You were at he table with Jan and Nova, non? Better to just mention the ones she knew and not just blurt out the clan name. Discretion, it was ingrained in the blonde.

((OOC Amby's perceptions of Carol's personality simply her own, no offense meant))
Carol 17 years ago
'Oooh,' Ambrelle probably caught sight of Carol before she left to go into the garden. 'Right, good times, that ball.' What a crazy time that had been, forging her new relationship with Simon or rather fighting it tooth and nail.

'That opens up more questions though, doesn't it?' Carol gave her a wink and happily took the boot box from the returning sales associate.
Shay 17 years ago
Slipping her feet and legs into the tall black boots, which happened to look completely out of place with her green satiny bubble dress, Shay pranced in front of the mirror a few times before standing in front of the two other women, seeking opinions. She liked the boots, a lot, but wasn't sure they were something she could pull off. Though there were aspects of Carol's wardrobe she'd like to have the guts to try, Carol was just a larger personality than Shay could ever hope to be.

"Sooo...yes? ... or... ?" Her eyes moved from one face to the other, as she chewed her bottom lip.

"Try to be objective...and then maybe look at them a way a guy would..." Shay laughed. Of course buying these boots would be more an effort to spark something in Alexi, than they would please her to wear. And that was probably one reason why she was having such a hell of a time deciding. She was still not completely in tune with buying clothing to turn on a man, and even the idea rubbed her feminist bone wrong just a tad. Then again...she did so love the way he looked at her, with the fire of desire in his eyes.

"If they weren't $1500 I'd not even question it, but even I've got to draw the line somewhere." And with Alexi's support, Shay knew he'd never question if she asked him to buy them for her...but she just hadn't been able to cross that line yet either. It was one thing to have him squire her all over Europe, and foot the bill, and it was another to just ask him to buy her a pair of boots. Fortunately with her book sales, she did fair enough, but again, that didn't mean she could just blow that kind of money on boots she might only wear once.

Talk of the Creation Ball reminded Shay that it had been the first large event she had attended with Alexi, and the first time she'd met so many of Nachton's elite. She couldn't say she remembered meeting Amberelle there though, or even seeing Carol there that night. Yet the mention of it piqued her curiosity towards Amberelle. Was she, or wasn't she...not that it would matter in regards to her becoming Shay's friend, but it was still the question of the night.
She nodded at Carol. Oui, more questions indeed.

Watching Shay walk in the tall boots, Amby tilted her head to the side and considered them. They are nice but.. you would need an outfit that would really show them off. The Anantya wasn't sure the so far sweet seeming young woman could pull off something with such sass. But, you never knew.. she knew that appearances could be very deceiving. I'd say if you don't love them you shouldn't get them. That's too much money to spend otherwise!

While money wasn't something she concerned her self with very often it did come to mind especially when shopping. Hovever, she bought what she wanted and took money when she needed it. But she was realistic enough to know not everyone was the same way.

So you mentioned a Simon.. your boyfriend, oui? Either of you know any cute single men? she wanted to ask, but refrained. Telling perfect straingers you were hard up for a date was too embarassing to her.

Frank, those brown boots there, with the bows.. she motioned and he happily went to fetch her size.
Carol 17 years ago
Carol ooh'd and ahh'd at the boots. 'But yeah, if you don't dig it, don't buy it.' Suddenly her cell phone started to ring, digging in a hidden little spot on her dress, she answered it.

'Yes. No. Definitely yes. That's kinky. Ok.'

Closing her cell phone she gave both ladies a sad shrug.
'Speaking of said boyfriend, I'm off for sex.' Looking over at Fred, she took the pen out of his breast pocket and pulled at the associates hand. 'Can you send those and the bill to this address please?' Carol clicked the pen and wrote Duibne's address on the palm of Fred's hand and then tucked the pen back into his pocket.

Slipping her own shoes back on, she gave the ladies a wink and a wave.
'Very nice meeting you Amby - Shay I'm sure I'll be seeing ya.' And with that, she picked up the tail of her dress and walked towards the door.

(( OOC Carol out pending response! ))
Shay 17 years ago
It pained her but Shay agreed the boots just weren't her. Maybe some day she'd be able to pull them off, but for now she'd stick to her gold sandals.

She did love the boots Amberelle chose, but to get some like those now would just seem too weird, especially since they'd just bought the same sandals.

When Carol's cell phone rang, Shay couldn't help but overhear the blond's end of the conversation, and wonder what was being said on the other end. Saying good bye, and watching her leave, Shay could only shake her head at Amberelle.

"A regular whirlwind...she's really something." And the words were spoken with a little awe, but no jealousy. Shay wouldn't have the hectic life Carol must lead for anything. She was quite content with things as they were, and had she felt otherwise she never would have left the police force.

Taking her sandals to the register, Shay handed over her credit card and waited while the guy rang her up. Once she had her bag she went back and sat next to Amberelle.

"Any plans after you're finished here...like...maybe stopping somewhere for coffee, or a drink?"

It would still be another hour or so before Alexi would be due home, and that was providing he didn't stop off somewhere for a drink. Though he hadn't mentioned it earlier, it was well within his rights to do so and not something Shay would keep tabs on. It would only be if he were several hours late that she would begin to worry, and fortunately Alexi was considerate enough not to put her through that.
Listening to Carol's side of her conversation was quite enlightening, Amberelle thought with a small chuckle. The petitte blonde was sure to be a bundle of fun, the Anantya decided and hoped they met again. There were lots of questions left, of course. With a warm smile and a nod, she bid Carol farewell and watched her stride out the door before she let loose a few giggles. Nodding, she agreed with Shay's assessment. A whirlwind, that was a good description.

While Shay moved to the counter, she slipped on the buttery soft boots and stood, admiring them in the mirrors as she took a few steps. I'd say these are a keeper, what do you think? The only problem she could see was in these she'd tower over most men. Ah well, any man that short wasn't for her anyway.

Amby plopped back down and pulled the boots off, placing them back in their box. She gave a glance up and a small smile to Shay as the woman came to sit beside her again. As she slipped on her sneakers and looked thoughtful as she quickly reviewed her schedule (a fat nothing) before cracking a grin. The night was young, why not have some more fun before heading back to the manor and another cold bag of 'dinner'?

I'd love to get some coffee.. I know a nice place not too far from here. Are you parked close?

While they spoke, the clerk had already collected her choices and headed back to the front counter. Hopping up with a little bounce and a playful smile, she followed after him. The Anantya waited as Fred began to ring up her purchases. The total might have made most people wince, but she just handed over her bankcard without even glancing at it.
Shay 17 years ago
"Those are really great looking boots, and if we hadn't already both got the sandals I'd get a pair myself, but I think I'll wait till the weather cools a little more before I pick up another pair. You should definitely get them though."

Shay was happy to hear Amberelle didn't have any other plans, and that they could continue to get to know each other over coffee. It only bothered her a little that every time she met someone while she was out and about, they seemed to disappear, never to be seen again. Addison was the first to go, though she did eventually see him. Since then she'd left several messages at his suite in the Domicile, never to receive a return call. Then Dani and Claire...and then Paul...she seemed to miss Paul the most; however, she kind of got the impression that for Paul, disappearing was a regular thing. Maybe she'd try to reach Alexandra, at the Domicile, and see if she might have heard from him recently.

"I am parked just around the corner, so as soon as you're ready consider your transportation ready as well. I'll just need a few directions and we'll be good to go."

Shay waited along with Amberelle at the register.

"I almost asked if I might be a little overdressed, but I guess if I'm not too overdressed for the shoe store, I'm sure to look at home in a coffee shop!"
Now don't let that stop you from getting something. Just realize someone else has as good a taste in shoes as you do. Amby gave Shay a teasing grin.

Signing the slip, she slid her card back into its home in her wallet and tucked that into her purse. Pulling her keys free, she slipped the handbag onto her shoulder then grabbed up the shopping bags Fred held up for her and gave him a little smile of thanks before heading to the door and opening it for her new friend.

Her dark blue Aston Martin convertible was parked just outside, across the street, and she clicked the remote on her keychain to deactivate the alarm with a beep as the interior light came on.

That's me right there, I can drive you to yours or we could walk. It's a few blocks down to the coffee place though.
Shay 17 years ago
Shay had less to carry than Amberelle, but got to the door second, so she thanked her friend as she walked through, and then held it for her as well. Looking at the pretty blue car, Shay admired Amberelle's tastes. Then looking at her dress, and shoes, Shay knew it really wouldn't be wise to walk a great distance in her heels.

"How about I meet you there? My car is just there..." And Shay pointed to the older model Mercedes as it sat parked just around the corner. "And I don't really want to walk more than from here to there." She wrinkled her nose and smiled.

"Yet that way we can both just leave from there, and both have our packages tucked out of the way..."
Looking in the direction Shay had indicated, Amberelle nodded. Sounds like a plan. She shifted her bags around a bit to free one hand and turned to quickly point out the directions to the cafe only a few blocks down the Strip. Shouldn't take you long, I'll see you there in a few!

With a bright smile she turned and walked to her car, popping the trunk to place her bags in the trunk before climbing in and starting it up. The Aston pulled out and did a graceful u-turn before heading that way.

((OOC Amby out and will start a new thread!))