Begin as if on Purpose...(Open)

Will had left his shop after ten long hours of work. He had completed a fifteen place dining set today and was content with his work. The client had requested the family initial in the chair back and it had taken him the better part of a week just to do those pieces. She would come in tomorrow morning and take a look, and his store clerk would handle the delivery. It was a nice relationship, he made the stuff and someone else sold it. It kept him from having to deal with the day time difficulties, and kept his shop open twenty-four hours a day.

He walked down the street and since it was such a nice night, he'd turned the opposite direction from home. His wondering feet had taken him to a lovely old building that he had come to cherish in this bustling city. Will entered the library, pushing his wayward hair from his eyes, and inhaling deeply of the scent of glue and old paper. It was a comforting smell.

He smiled and waved at the young woman at the desk, she seemed awfully alert for two in the morning, and made his way to the fiction section. He picked a random aisle, went half way down and picked the third book on the second shelf. It was called Death Watch by John Sandford. Will made it a point to read everything he could get his hands on and find time for. Books had been a singular constant since coming to America. It helped him to cope when things overwhelmed him.

Leaving the fiction section he found a comfortable chair. Will sprawled his bulk into the chair and opened the book to the first page. He soon found himself lost in the pages.

((Disturb him if you wish, he won't be upset.))

William 17 years ago
Will read on and on, completely unaware of the passage of time. The library was refreshing in it's hulking silence, disturbed only by the hushed footsteps of the librarians. It was those foot steps that disturbed him as they moved close to where he say.

"Sir?" Was her quiet whisper.

Will looked up and smiled gently at her, pushing hair from his eyes.
"Yes, how may I be of service?" He wanted to call her young lady, but he'd found that girls in this day and age did not take that endearment well.

She flushed prettily at him, which made him swallow and try not to hide behind his hair.
"It's just that you've been there for a couple of hours, I thought maybe you could use some coffee."

She produced a cup of steaming liquid, it was fragrant and that rather surprised him. It was his turn to blush. He didn't really like coffee, bur he did not wish to upset the girl. She was quite nervous and excited. Though he didn't need Empathy to tell him that.

"I would live a cup, would you join me?" Will sat up and put his book on the table, taking the cup she help out further to him. She smiled apologetically and brought her other hand around, full of a second cup.

"I was hoping you would ask." She sat, smoothing her skirt beneath her. The pretty brunette, with grey-blue eyes, a button nose, and seventeen freckles(he'd counted), cleared her throat, and put out her hand.

"Lily Hall." William took her tiny hand in his and moving forward pressed his lips gently to her knuckles. She had a little lust flowing underneath all that nervousness, excitement and a touch of fear.

"A pleasure, Lily. I am Will." She sat back and smiled at her. The hair falling in his face allowing him to hide with out cowering behind the chair. She was a lovely little thing and would make a great end to a great day, if he could but play the part. She smiled at him again and took a sip of her coffee.

Will Sat back, and sipped as well. It was not half bad for coffee. It was Lily that finally began a conversation and Will was happy to let her talk, providing single sentence questions and nods of encouragement to keep her going. He glanced surreptitiously at his watch and noted the night growing cold. Lily seemed to be winding down in this particular anecdote, and Will leaned forward again.

"I assume you are off duty for the evening, Lily?"

"Why, yes."

"Would you mind taking a walk with me? I fear I have grown stiff, and would like to work out the kinks before I head home to bed."

He smiled at her, as his heart started to beat quickly. He did not like making these advances, but it was necessary.

"I would be delighted, Will. I walk to work, so you may walk me home. It is not far though, only a few of blocks, will that be far enough."

"Indeed it shall, for I after I see you to your door, I must then walk to my own home." He stood and offered a hand to her. She slipped her daintily fingers into his work calloused hand and stood beside him, blushing.

He took a step to the side and motioned with his free hand for her to go ahead of him. He left the book and the cups, but made a note to call and apologize, and send in a donation. He did not like leaving a mess. Lily stepped ahead of him, but did not take her fingers from his hand. Her emotions flooded him, and he had to concentrate to shut them off, as they made him blush as well.

Lily lived exactly five blocks from the library in a shabby little brown brick building. She blushed and smiled at him again, inviting him up. He wanted to decline, hoping to visit with her again, but he did need to feed. So he nodded his acquiescence and they climbed the stairs to her fourth floor apartment.

Once inside, she asked if he wanted something to drink, but because dawn grew nigh and he still had to get to the towers, he shook his head, took a deep breath and counted to ten. Will took her hand and pulled her close.

"Lily, may I kiss you?"

Kissing first usually made this easier, and when she nodded he placed his lips gently to hers. After a moment, he broke the kiss and moved down her jaw, making her breath quicken. The neanderthal in him wanted to lay her on the floor and take what that heaving breath offered. He made his way down her neck and to the hollow that bone, muscle and tendon create at the bask of her neck, he did not want to mark her and embarrass her at work.

He gently licked the skin there, she was his now, and would agree to whatever he asked of her. It made him happy and sad all at the same time, that such a lovely innocent creature would give herself to one such as him, and all he did was ask. He took a deep breath, taking in her soap and the gentle smell of her, before slipping fangs deep in her skin. Her fiery life's blood filled his mouth and he moaned in ecstacy. She sighed against him, relishing in the orgasm his bite had given her.

He did not take his fill from her, but it would be enough that it would be several days before he would need to feed again. Pulling away, he gently licked the wound and watched it close. Will slipped his arm beneath her knees, and carried her into her tiny apartment and lay her on the bed. Will left a note, saying he would visit in a couple of days. He did not leave a number as he had no telephone, the damned things gave him the creeps.

Silently he left her home and made his way back to the tower.

((OOC Will out))