Of an Evening (Drev)

It was after eight before she'd left the lawyer's office. After her meeting with Ethan, she'd had a meeting at the back, which went as well as expected, then she had a meeting with Drev's lawyer to get some contract stuff straightened out, so she had him read over the lease while she was there. It was a very long meeting, that didn't even start until almost six.

She parked behind the building nest to Drev's car and bike. She gathered her things out of the passenger seat and trudged her way up the stairs and into the apartment. The lights were dim and there was some lovely aroma in the air she couldn't identify beyond that it was food. It made her realize she was ravenous. She put her things down on and near the hall table, and called out to Drev.

"I'm home!"

Milazo 17 years ago
The sound of Wren's voice sent a delicious shiver of excitement through Drev's body. He'd been thinking about her as he walked back from the coffee shop, and every moment she hadn't been here was torture. He remembered the soft current of attraction he'd felt sitting with Meegan, but any further contemplation of what that meant always summoned thoughts of Wren. He had never been so taken by a woman, and he found it both exciting and a little terrifying at the same time.

He slipped silently out of the bedroom, wearing nothing but his black exercise pants, and padded quickly and silently toward the kitchen. His trap had worked. Wren was in the kitchen investigating the aromas, her back to him. He'd have to move quickly before she decided to find her missing chef. His feet made not even a whisper, and the Vivaldi wafting out of the speakers masked the soft swish of his pants.

As he got closer to her, his desire grew exponentially until the floor seemed to be tilting beneath his feet. Just before it overwhelmed him, he reached her; in one motion, he closed his lips on the base of Wren's neck, snuck a hand under one arm to cup her oh-so-firm and perfect breast, and the other hand flattened on her tight belly. He moaned involuntarily against her neck and pulled her back against him so that the rigid hickness of his arousal pressed firmly against her backside.

"It's about time," he said hungrily as the hand on her belly began to drift lower.
Wren 17 years ago
On her way to the kitchen she had toed off her shoes and taken her jacket off, leaving her in suit pants and camisole. Not seeing Drev, she'd gone to the stove to find out what smelled so heavenly. It was his homemade sauce, but she hadn't recognized it, because it had pieces of grilled chicken and artichokes in it. It promised to be very good. She had picked up the spoon from it's rest and was about to dip it in for a taste, when Drev was suddenly there holding her.

She gasped in surprise, before melting against him. The camisole had a built in bra, and so she had not worn one, so the heat of his hand went straight to her breast, causing her nipple to harden instantly.

"Were you waiting long?"

She put the spoon carefully down and snaked the arm up around his neck, pulling him closer.
Milazo 17 years ago
"Ages," he said against her neck. Feeling her nipple harden against the palm of his hand had elicited another hungry moan. His right hand was still drifting lower; when it reached the bottom of her camisole, he lifted it up for his other hand to quickly sneak under. Her skin felt hot and soft. When he cupped her breast again, this time feeling the heat of her flesh directly against his hand, his right hand reached the front of her pants. His nimble fingers made quick work of the closures, and within seconds, his hand was again moving lower as his lips continued to draw patterns of lust on her neck, ear, and shoulder.
Wren 17 years ago
"I'm sorry I kept you waiting."

Wren really wanted to tell Drev about her day, and eat the meal he'd made for them, but damned if she cared about any of that when flesh met flesh. She pressed against him, glad that she'd taken her shoes off, and their heights matched. She hated being taller than him when they were intimate.

She moaned as his hand made it's way inside her slacks. She looked briefly down and put the lid she was still holding back on it's pot. With a gentle pressure she moved them back from the stove. She didn't want to burn herself, nor have Drev injured. She wanted to turn around and kiss her lover, but instead she leaned her head back away from his searing kisses to give him better access to her neck and shoulder.
Milazo 17 years ago
Drev flexed achingly against her as he felt her open up to him. He was finding it increasingly difficult to keep himself from ravaging her. He wanted her so fucking bad.

As his left hand continued to fondle her breast and tweak her nipple, his right hand slipped easily beneath her panties. The silky material on the back of his fingers felt like sandpaper compared to what the pads of his fingers were discovering. He played with the small patch of dark hair she kept well-groomed for just a moment before his hand floated a little bit lower and the tip of his middle finger encountered smooth, velvety moisture. He gasped into her ear and pressed down on the swelling bud he found nestled in her silky flesh.

"So am I," he breathed into her ear.
Wren 17 years ago
Wren cried out and her knees buckled, if it were not for Drev's hands she would have been a puddle of goo on the floor. She was completely his, and was so glad for it. Her day's woes and triumphs could wait until they were finished. To her absolute joy, Drev deftly removed his hands, picked her up and carried her out of the kitchen and into her bedroom, (the closest) to lay her gently on the bed. He quickly relieved them of their clothing and twenty glorious minutes later Wren lay as a quivering sated woman, crushed beneath the weight of a man she adored, loved and respected. Smiling gently she traced a finger down his sweat dampened shoulder.

"Hi. Have a good day?"
Milazo 17 years ago
Breathing heavily with the exertion of their lovemaking, Drev kissed Wren's sweat-glistened skin lazily. He loved the feel of their sweaty bodies gliding over each other, and just feeling her body beneath him.

When she spoke, he had to pull himself out of the climax-induced haze and search for what she said. He moaned softly, lifted his head, and placed his lips on hers. He kissed her slowly and deeply.

"Yeah," he said after a moment, looking down into her hypnotizing blue eyes. "Ran into an old-ish friend and had coffee." He kissed her again, still surprised by how much he enjoyed such a simple thing. "That's about it. What about you? How did your search go?"
Wren 17 years ago
She loved his kisses and returned them enthusiastically. She squirmed beneath him, and he moved beside her, wrapping her thigh in his and pulling her half onto his chest.

"Really, really well. I found the perfect place, and I got the loan I needed, and your lawyer said the lease looked great, lawfully sound or something like that." Her joy in all that had gone so well that day had her pushing up and looking down at him.

"It's all just kind of falling into place. The realtor has several recommendations for contractors, and he thinks that I can be up and running in three months tops. I just have to get the permits and stuff. I even got that turned in today, and an interview set up with some guy at the city hall. I'm not entirely certain what he does or why I have to talk to him, but I've got the appointment."

lowering her face she kissed him quickly and moved back up. "I can't believe it's happening Drev."
Milazo 17 years ago
Drev's hand caressed whatever skin he could reach on Wren's body. He always found it very difficult to not touch her.

"I'm very proud of you, Wren," he said, and pulled her down to kiss her deeply. He was about to let himself get pulled back into the roaring rapids of his lust when the smell of sugo hit his nose and he remembered the sauce warming on the stove. He wanted to fall back into Wren's body, into her arms, into her love.... but his ingrained heritage would not let him remain idle while good pasta sauce was ruined.

"Shit, the sauce!" He hastily and clumsily kissed Wren one more time before dashing into the kitchen. He'd snatched up his pants on his way out of the bedroom and managed to get them on while he hurried down the hall. His heightened agility kept him from meeting the carpet with his face.

When he got to the stove, the sauce was bubbling enthusiastically with just a little bit of weird sauce-skin around the edges. He carefully spooned it out and turned the heat down.

"Dinner will be ready in just a couple minutes, babe," he called from the kitchen. The pet name had come of its own accord and he found he liked the sound of it. Smiling, he put a pot of water on to boil and selected a bag of hand-made mostaccoli from the cabinet.
Wren 17 years ago
Laughing softly, Wren lay in the bed for a moment more breathing deeply of the scents of their coupling. 'Babe?' She wasn't sure she liked that, but the way he said it was sexy and loving all at the same time. Laughing, again, she pushed out of the bed and dressed in a pair of res silk boy shorts and the chemise that went with them.

She pulled the silk robe Drev had given her on over them, leaving it untied, 'when did I become so free with my body?' and headed into the kitchen. She pulled wide shallow bowls, and wine glasses from the cabinet and forks and a grater from the drawer, and set them on the table. She then pulled out a half drunk bottle of white wine, fresh basil, and a block of parmigiana cheese from the fridge. Wren would pause occasionally in her movements to press a soft kiss to Drev's shoulder or to run her fingers across his back. It was like she couldn't be in the same room with him nd not touch him.

She carted it all to the table and was just finishing arranging things, when Drev brought the big dish of pasta and a salad to the table.

"That looks amazing, smells good too."

She grinned at him and settled into her chair, pouring the wine for them.
Milazo 17 years ago
When their plates were piled with mostaccoli, they sat down and dug in. They ate quietly, filling the spaces between bites with light, comfortable conversation. "How is it?" Drev asked at one point
as he slowly caressed the inside of Wren's calf with the arch of his foot.
"The sauce didn't get burned did it?"
Wren 17 years ago
Wren finished her bite and washed it down with a sip of wine. Patting the corners of her mouth with her napkin she smiled at Drev. "It's perfect as always."

She took another sip of wine and began to collect another bite on her fork. "So who was the old friend you had coffee with?"

Why did she feel a tinge of jealousy at him spending time with another person? It's not like he didn't spend two nights a week with out her, and she did sort of ok then. She worried more about him, than who was sharing his company. So why the jealousy now? It confused her, but she'd have to work it out, since she didn't like the feeling in herself in the least.
Milazo 17 years ago
Warning flags went up automatically when she asked about the 'old friend' and his glass of wine hesitated for about a tenth of a second on its way to his lips. He wasn't sure why he should be worried about this; he had nothing to be guilty about. He just had coffee with a friend. Besides, it had been Wren he'd been thinking about whenever his mind had threatened to drift to the subject of sex.

"Oh. It was the woman that used to live above me; Meegan Masters. She moved out when I left to try touring again, and hadn't seen her since I got back."
Wren 17 years ago
Wren had to put her fork back in her bowl, as she had nearly dropped it. She was an adult, she could do this. It's not like people didn't have old friends. 'I will not be jealous of someone I don't even know. I will not be jealous period."

"Oh, how nice that you guys had a chance to get together."

What else could she say? This was so weird. She'd never in her life felt protective of anyone and she wasn't sure she liked the feeling at all. 'God, I'm being stupid.' She picked her fork back up and put the bite of pasta in her mouth, but she didn't taste it.
Milazo 17 years ago
Drev watched her face very closely; she was reacting the way he'd been afraid she would. She was fighting it, but her history of abuse and disrespect was making it hard for her. He took a deep breath.

"I'm going to be totally honest with you, Wren. Meegan and I did sleep together when she lived upstairs. But that was a long time ago, it seems like. We've both moved on since then; she's living with someone and they're having a baby. And I have you now." Drev smiled warmly and took Wren's hand.

"If there had been any thoughts or feelings for Meegan, they were drivenout when I came back to Nachton and met this incredibly hot girl in a coffee shop...."
Wren 17 years ago
Wren's fork clattered to the table at Drev's admission that he's slept with this woman. Something deep and primal in her chest roared at her and it was all she could do to breathe. He kept talking, but she had no idea what he'd said.

Then he touched her and sound returned and the beast lay down in her stomach and rumbled. She felt ill, but made herself smile at his words. He was here with her, he'd come home from that encounter and cooked for her. She loved him, and she was certain he loved her, though they hadn't said the words yet.

She swallowed and squeezed his hand.

"I'm sorry, Drev. I'm being stupid. Were you guys good friends? Maybe we should have them over for dinner or something."

There see, she could be big about all of this.
Milazo 17 years ago
The butterflies in his stomach settled down a little bit, but he was still wary about this conversation.

'Ha! Over 700 years old, and you still get nervous about a girl...'

"I wouldn't say we were good friends. We got along fine, but...." He shrugged noncommitally.

"Oddly enough, she invited us over for dinner. She's eager to meet the girl that tamed me." Drev winked and pecked a kiss on the back of Wren's hand. Even that little gesture filled his mind with naughty thoughts of him and Wren rolling about in the sheets.
Wren 17 years ago
Wren had to smile at him. He melted her and made her blood boil all at once. "I doubt tame could ever be applied to you, Drev."

She left her fingers in his and picked her fork back up. She moved the pasta around looking for a piece of chicken.

"If you'll leave me her email address, I'll schedule something." She looked back up at him, and tilted her head. "Unless you wanted to do it."

She'd just gotten used to handling all of that for him, no matter how trivial. So it felt strange even offering to let him handle his own schedule.
Milazo 17 years ago
"I'll take care of it, hun. Don't worry about it." He continued to watch her as she pushed around her noodles; he didn't think they were in the clear yet.

"Are you okay with this?" he asked softly. "If you're at all uncomfortable, we don't have to do it..."
Wren 17 years ago
She stopped her search for chicken and looked at Drev. She sighed softly and smiled at him, a real smile.

"I think I'll be ok. It really is stupid of me to feel this way. I guess I'm just a little insecure is all."

Wren put her fork down and pulled her feet up into the chair with her. She wasn't hungry anymore anyway.

"Somewhere in the back of my mind lurks all of my past failures, and they mock what we have. Tell me I don't even know how you feel about me, and I think I listen to them too much."

Resting her chin on her knees she met Drev's eyes. "I want to meet her, because she is your friend."