William Timmerman- Evenhet

Basic Information

Birth Name: Willem
Aliases: William “Will” Timmerman (current), Claudios Vogel, and Laurens (rotated trough out the centuries)
Place of Birth: Apeldoorn, Gelderland
Male/Female: Male
Current Occupation: Carpenter
Past Occupation: (If different from above) Soldier, farmer, stable hand

Appearance

Hair Color: Sandy blonde
Length and Style: shoulder length, held back with a leather thong, his bangs however have a distressing habit of falling into his eyes.
Eye Color: hazel
Skin Color: sun darkened tan
Height: 6' 2"
Weight:82 Kilos
Nationality: Dutch
Race: (I.E. Vampire, human etc.) Vampire
Body Type: Medium/large frame, well muscled upper arms from being a farmer and carpenter during his human life.

Description (if an NPC) or name of your creator(if a PC) ( Please be as specific as possible, who your creator was, why he chose to change you, where is he/she now?): The British and Spanish came to our humble land and we were forced to make war against them. Brother fought brothers and families were torn apart. I was taken from the wood I called my occupation, and forced to fight in some other man’s bloody war. My commanding officer was a tall man with dark hair and eyes like pools of the night sky. I had never seen anything like this Spaniard, before in my thirty summers of life. I was given the task of keeping the wagons, tents and horse livery in good condition. During the five years I worked along said the Sargento Primero Garcia Luna, he and I became friends, he spoke decent Dutch and I learned some small Spanish. One day we were ambushed by British forces and I was forced to fight with the hammer in my hand. A soldier came at me with a sword and we dueled for a long while. He bettered me when my parry was not fast enough and ran his sword trough my gut. I fell to the ground and lay bleeding my life away as my fellows died around me.

As night fell on the bloody battle the Sargento came out of the mist forming above the ground and stood above me. There were tears in his eyes. He kneeled in the pool my blood had made and touched me gently on the cheek. He asked me if I wished to live. I could only nod, I was so weak and so close to death I could hear the angles singing. He said to me, “If I help you live you will belong to me and you must serve me until I tell you, you may leave me. Do you understand?”

Again I nodded. He returned my nod and bent to embrace me. I remember nothing else until I woke in the quiet of a tent. I lay still sore, and terrified. I looked around me and there next to my bed sat the Sargento and kneeling next to him was a tiny little woman I recognized from the nearby village. She stared up at him in awed fear. I must have made a noise I do not remember, for he looked up and met my eyes. He gestured for the woman to come and tend me. But instead of dressing a wond or giving me water, she kneeled next to me and bared her neck. Confused I looked up at the Sargento and back to the girl. “Take what she offers, I will explain when you are fed.”

Still confused I bent close to the woman and I could smell the bright copper of her blood beating beneath her skin. I became nothing but instinct then as I sank my new fangs into her neck. I drank deeply until my stomach no longer complained and the woman had gone limp in my arms.

I lay back and she lay across my lap limp and plae, like death was near. I must have had fear on my face for Sargento spoke. “She will be fine. She has lost only a little blood and will wake a bit weak in the morning.” I looked down my body at the girl and hoped he was right. She looked so pale and sad.

It was then that Sargento told me what he had done for me, and why he had chosen me of all the other men who lay dying. He said I had something special and that he counted me as a friend, something he had precious few of. I was horrified, but grateful to be alive. I found a balance that allowed me to feed my needs with out feeling like a monster. For the next two hundred years I spent my life working as the Sargento’s personal carpenter. When he finally released me, it was with a large sum of money and a wish to make good of the life he had given me. I visit with Sargento when I can take the time to drive a boat from America, but he is doing well as a big business man in southern Spain.

Personal Questions

1. Describe your character's personality: William is a gentle easy-going man. He is content to stay in his workshop all night. He's shy, but not hinderingly so, so he smiles a lot in order to get over his shyness, and caring to everyone he meets.

2. Describe how your character would appear to a stranger (I.E. typical dress, way they carry themselves etc.) He is typically in blue jeans and a t-shirt or chambray in the winter., His head tends to be down as he walks. When in conversation with someone, he tilts his head to one side and nods along. He much prefers to listen instead of talk, and has found himself as a shoulder to cry on often. He’s quiet and unassuming, so when he speaks his peers tend to take heed.

3.What does your character like? He loves the spring time ocean, a good ale and making things with his hands

4. Dislike? Bar room fights, excess of any kind, Italian food

5. (For humans) Describe what abilities you see your character having if they were turned.

6. What are your fears? Oddly enough he is afraid of the dark, not the night or a darkened room, but pitch black. The sensory deprivation causes sheer panic in him. Snakes frighten him because one killed his sister when they were children, and he fears flying. It is just not natural for people to put themselves in large silver tubes and leave the ground like birds.

7. What is your character's strengths and weaknesses? Will is very trusting and this tends to lead to him getting burned, often. He is shy and this keeps him from making deep abiding friendships it also keeps him from asserting himself when some one he trusts betrays him. He also tends to get lost in his work to the detriment of the people around him.

Will is a very loyal man, to friend, Clan, and family. He will defend those who have earned his loyalty, and will fight fiercely for them. He is slow to anger and this helps him when he is dealing with a betrayal of trust. He is also a dedicated person. When he sets his mind to something he will complete it 110%

Hobbies & Skills: Will is a master Carpenter, having learned as an apprentice before the War. He can build just about anything out of wood. He’s an accomplished farmer and due to his time with the Sargento and accomplished swordsman.

Abilities: Empathy, Perception, Bonding

Flaws: Fear of new technology, Heavy Sleeper

Quirks and Habits worthy of mention: he tends to push his hair out of his eyes, even if nothing is there, when speaking with anyone.

Personal History.

I was born to a poor farmer in 1545, as the third of seven children. We lived quietly and well. When I was a boy, I was given charge of the four youngest children while, our parents worked the fields. I took them out into the yard to play, and while that ran and chased each other, Arabella, the baby, was toddling along after the others, when she suddenly fell and screamed. I rushed to her side and found a large snake ready to strike again. I picked up a stick and struck his head until he died. I picked up the baby, and send Lars for Father. But it was too late for Arabella by the time they arrived and we were forced to bury her. Mother remained sad until she died twenty years later.

In my twelfth summer, it was time to leave home and find work that would earn money for the family. I was taken in as a carpenters apprentice and learned my trade until the war came. I was pulled from the carpenters house and put on the battle field. It was there that I became what I am today.

During the two hundred years that I worked for the Sargento, I learned many things. He gave me a wood shop for my own and I produced many beautiful things to sell to better his estate. I learned to be a swordsman, and to tend horses, and other farm animals. He taught me how to handle money and what it meant to save and invest.

When I had been with him for two hundred years and learned as much as I could he sent me out to be on my own. I was given the names of Clan contacts in the New colonies across the ocean, as well as contacts across Europe. I was encouraged to find a life outside of his province. So I found passage on a boat to the New World. We landed in a place called New York. I easily found a place to set up a wood wright’s shop and as most of the people had come over only with the shirts on their backs, it was easy to find business in order to buy the wood I needed to make more things.

After a while, it became apparent I would need to move on and do so frequently. However, it was about this time that the Revolutionary war ravaged the New World. I took myself deep into the woods. I had been through one war in my life and that was enough. It was not my war to fight. I cared not weather the Colonies were British Ruled or Free.

I checked in with a nearby village once a year or so until there was no more talk of war and they were clearly celebrating being Free Americans. I then went south along the coast, plying my trade as a carpenter or a stable hand. I kept my money with me in a brown chest, until I was sure I had found a place to settle for the long haul. I found myself in Nachton, and after swearing my loyalty to the Clan Elders, I set up a wood wright’s shop on what was then the outskirts of town. My shop is now in the heart of the city on a length of road know as The Strip. I life in the towers built by my clan, but the technology there in is rather frightening, but MARI is understanding and helps me when my fears become too much for me.

OOC Checklist

Player name (online is fine) Sarah
Other Characters you play Meegan, Ginnie, Wren
How you came to SA (Other board, friend, etc) Seriously, do I have to answer this?
Have you read all the Rules?yerp
Do you understand that this is an adult board with adult content (sometimes graphic and violent in nature)?yerp
This board is adult only. Are you over the age of 18?yerp