Birthday Candles and Big Disclosure (Nyra)

Barely a whisper was heard as Connie paced bare-footed between the door and the bed. The floor was vacuumed, the sheets trimmed, even the metal blinds had been cleaned and in their matte-black finish seemed to sparkle. The windows were streak-free thanks to a gallon of Windex, and the remainder of twilight sparkled through them to highlight the pile of carefully wrapped photo albums standing in the corner behind the bed.

Fidgeting with the hem of the flowy burgundy dress that she'd picked out for tonight, she ran the possibilities of the conversation about to take place in her head.

"Nyra, I want to take you out tonight for my birthday, and then when we get back I have a gift I want to give you." And she imagined Nyra would reply, "Oh no! Connie I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to forget your birthday!" And of course the requisite "My birthday's not important, but what I have to give you and say to you is." Which, of course, she realized would only pique the inquisitive if absent-minded artist's attention and curiosity (each quality yet another reason Connie loved the human as she did).
"Nyra, I want to take you out tonight..." "It was your birthday? Wow, I hadn't realized it came up so quick..."

Connie cut off that line of thought. There really wasn't any point to trying to understand the mind of her lover. It didn't work all the time, even with the synergy they enjoyed together.

She found herself sitting on the edge of the couch, her bare right foot leaning on the big toe, wiggling, twitching, her whole calf and thigh shaking. Grabbing her knee with her hand, she stopped it for a moment, then found her fang digging into her lip. "Damned nervosity," she scolded herself, and stood. She walked over to the bathroom and, licking the blood from her lip, wiped it with a square of toilet paper so she could repair the damage to her lipstick. The ironic corner of her mind made note of the similarities between the blood that had all but disappeared from her lip, and the deep red of her dress.

Nyra 17 years ago
Nyra bounced about her studio to the music of the Ditty Bops. Having finished a trio of paintings that afternoon left her energized and happy. They were simply a pleasure for her to create but Bertrand would not be pleased, he disliked things that had to be sold as a set. Especially when she made them so specific to eachother. He said it made them difficult to sell. Snorting and rolling her eyes she realized she did not care much, they were beautiful and she could keep them herself.

Standing in front of the trio she smiled at the serene island scene. The tropical blue water washed up on a shore littered with shells, palm trees blowing in the background. Morning, noon and sunset were shown on that same beach. It was like walking through a day in paradise. Smiling she let them dry and hopped into her shower. Interestingly enough she had stayed pretty paint free today and emerged smelling of sandalwood rather than turpentine. Putting on her robe once she started the small washer to clean her work clothes and towels from the past few days.

Skipping over to the loft she shared happily with Connie she sung a few line of the last song played.
"There's a girl that you might know. She's a friend at least I tell you so. But it might surprise you to find. There's something going on behind the door."

The verse ended as she closed the door and walked into the kitchen area. Wondering what to do for dinner she opened the fridge and contemplated the contents, uncaring that she stood in her pretty pink robe with shower-fresh slicked back hair.
Connie 17 years ago
Connie's ears perked as she heard the huge metal door sliding, and found herself grinning behind the sliding slickness of her soft pink lipstick at the not-quite on-key voice of her artistic lover. She called out, "I'll be out in a minute," and clicked the lid onto her makeup's tube.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she spied Nyra in her fluffy pink robe and smelled the wafting currents of sandalwood. Taking a deep breath as she strode still barefoot to her lover, she dipped her head and gave the barest touch of a kiss to the younger woman's lips.
"In the mood to go out?" She nuzzled Nyra's cheek carefully for a moment, trying not to mess up her gently curled hair. "I want to take you out for my birthday and then maybe go for a moonlight stroll or something." She took a breath and took a tiny step back. Trying to hide her nervousness and worry, she said brightly, "And then come home to give you something."
Nyra 17 years ago
Nyra smiled and returned the brief kiss before pondering the evening options her lover laid out for them. "Birthday? I forgot didn't I?"

With a sigh she planted her head against the door of the fridge, embarassed and sad. Why she could not even keep track of the simplist things was beyond her. Looking up at Connie's face she grimaced. "I am so sorry."

Going out would be nice, she thought as she finally glanced at her love's outfit. It was a fabulous dress, in such a becoming color. Restraining the urge to pet the beautiful fabric she tried to think about which one of her new outfits would be best paired with Connie's.
Connie 17 years ago
Raising a comforting hand to Nyra's cheek, she smiled warmly. Her southern accent dripped heavily as she whispered gently, "Nyra McGurn, you fergot your own birthday this year, so it's quite a'right for you not to remember mine. Ah can do enough of the remembering fer the both of us, okay? Don' you be feelin' bad, and don' you worry another second! Now let's get you dressed, and I'll call us some transportation."

Taking Nyra gently by the shoulders and spinning her about, Connie propelled her lover gently with a playful swat to the bottom towards fresh clothes. Smiling and heaving an affectionate sigh, she turned to the cordless phone on the island and dialed for a limo.
Nyra 17 years ago
Blushing fiercely at the truth in that statement, Nyra went to find suitable atire for the evening. Pulling out several items from the closet she shared with Connie before deciding upon a pretty dress she had gotten after her outting with Rachyl. Putting on the long line strapless bra and matching silky bikini panties she was wondering what shoes to wear when her hair fell into her face in complete disarray. Scooping up the convenient strappy black sandels before racing to the bathroom in hopes of doing something constructive with her hair.

Emerging several minutes with her hair tamed with a simple black headband and a light natural makeup applied. Coming to stand in front of Connie, she smiled shyly, hoping that she was dressed nice enough for the event. The idea of what to gift her lover was also weighing heavy upon her. Since she had gifted a painting for Christmas, she was unsure if the trio she just finished would be appropriate or if she should go shopping tomorrow.
Connie 17 years ago
Connie had slipped on her shoes and lightly applied a deodorant stick that Nyra had provided her with by the time the Oregonian came to stand in front of her.

Face impassive, she reached out and turned the lovely beauty before her, spinning her gently in place. What a pair they'd make tonight! Breaking into a smile when Nyra looked expectantly at her, she gave a gentle hug to the shorter woman.
"You look amazing, Nyra. And I want you to stop, right this instant, worrying about today and what you might not have done, okay? For the remainder of the night, I want you to focus on what will be, and not what wasn't. Please. Don't worry."

With that simple request - that she sincerely hoped Nyra would adhere to - she gave a soft almost-barely-brushing kiss to Nyra's lips again. Picking up her purse with one hand and taking Nyra's arm with the other she commented, "Two lovely ladies ready for a night out on the town. Shall we, m'Love?"
Nyra 17 years ago
Reassured completely, Nyra returned the hug happily. What would be tonight would be a lovely evening despite her forgetfullness because Connie was such a kind and generous soul. Slipping into her shoes and swiftly securing them to straighten ready for the evening ahead.

Clasping her lover's arm with both arms she happily followed to the door. Outside in the twilight was a limo, which could only be the result of Connie's foresight and planning. Someday soon she would need to fix this problem. Nyra wondered if Rachyl would have any suggestions on how to make sure she did not forget important events or presents again. Her father had a secretary that helped keep things somewhat done, but the artist did not think she would need a person's entire attention for this. Perhaps she could get one of those gadgets that kept track of things and went off like an alarm.

Yes, she would have to look into it. If she could remember it once the evening was over.

The two women alighted into the limo and were swept off towards the carefully planned evening celebration.

((ooc Nyra & Connie out with permission))