Crazy Women Drivers (attn: Val)

Returning from New York, Nic was tired, and just wanted to get back to his suite at the Towers. He had gone there on a lead about some prime property in Nachton, and met with the attorneys representing the land owner. The meeting did not go well, mainly because his offer was turned down. Well, that wasn't true either. The representatives said they would present the offer to Mr. Augusta Reightman, but they were blunt in their opinions - he would not accept it.

Nic had done his homework before going into the city, and knew what properties in the area were going for, as well as what it would cost to develop the property. His offer had been fair, and a little on the upside. There was no reason he could see that Reightman wouldn't accept it. But still seeing the smirk on the faces of the attorneys, he guessed he wouldn't put much hope out.

The best part of the trip had been getting the time to ride his bike, both going and coming home. He was an excellent rider, even if he didn't always go by the letter of the law. Yea, he pushed the speed limits, and yes, he didn't usually wear a helmet, but he had a watchful eye, and was very defensive on the road.

Because the weather was warming up, and the air was a little more full of insects than the colder, winter air, he had chosen to wear his helmet this trip. However, when he walked from the meeting earlier tonight, frustrated and disgruntled, his helmet had taken a trip through the air, coming to rest against the brick wall of the nearby building. As a result the Spectra Mirror shield had a nice crack on the right side and of course that only served to distract him from his attention to the road ahead.

Glancing at his watch, he eased up on the speed a little. He still had a couple hours before the sun would be rising, and he was nearing town. Traffic was bound to pick up again, even if just a little.

Valentine 17 years ago
She had no where to be and no reason to be in a hurry, but not having anything pressing to do it seemed like a fine time to go for a drive. The cops hadn’t cornered her yet about her speeding and the Vanquish was turning out to be one of her more favored cars in a long time. Val was starting to think she might keep this one, add it to her collection.

Streaking down the highway well over the speed limit she was having a fine time until a motor cycle came out of no where. He hadn’t done anything really wrong he just hadn’t been there a second ago. Val slammed on the breaks, the tiers squealed and she swerved through a lane and a half to get out of the way, but she never went for the horn.

Who ever the hell this was they were going to pay for that, trying to take out her new toy wasn’t something that Val looked kindly upon. Punching the accelerator Val quickly got back behind the bike, and signaled she was getting off at the next exit. It didn’t occur to her that most sane people would not follow a possibly pissed off driver off the road in a deserted area just outside of town, what she knew was she wanted to give them a piece of her mind.
Nicholae 17 years ago
Until he heard the tires peel, Nic wasn't even aware he'd come so close to the other vehicle. But once he had, he could see with the crack in his shield, it had given him a blind spot, and that was how the car happened to sneak up on him.

He'd only had a chance to get a quick look at the Astin Martin, and from what he saw, it was sweet. The person behind the wheel seemed to have great instincts too, as they were able to keep control of the powerful car, without much in the way of compensation. He wasn't thrilled with the fact that they were now behind him though, and he almost sped off. The last thing he needed tonight was to hassle with some cranky driver who felt as if he had swerved into them on purpose.

When he saw the driver was turning off, his curiosity suddenly got the better of him, and he led the way off the highway. However, not familiar with the area, he found the first shoulder he thought the car could use, and pulled over. When the car did too, Nic took the bike a few yards up, turned, and came back, now facing the car. If it became necessary, he wanted the edge of making them turn around to follow.

Flipping up the shield, he remained on his bike, waiting to see if the driver would get out of the car, or roll down their window. It was dark, with little in the way of street lighting, and the car headlights had Nic at a disadvantage but Nic could see well enough.
Valentine 17 years ago
Stopping on the shoulder Val stormed out of the sleek black car slamming the door behind her. Unconcerned about the fact that the bike rider was probably twice as big as she was she and un phased by not being able to see his face walked right up to him.

“What in hell’s name were you doing!”

Part of her registered the bike was a Ducati and there weren’t many of those around. She’d just sold two and the odds were high she was yelling at a client.

“I mean really was I invisible or was it a macho thing?”

He couldn’t be terribly macho as he was still on the bike apparently ready to run, but he hadn’t split yet.
Nicholae 17 years ago
Leaning onto his handlebars, Nic relaxed when saw the driver of the car get out. Seeing her temper, he even chuckled, but still being behind his shield, he knew she couldn't see that. He also allowed her the time to get out her little speech, before he sat back and pulled off his helmet.

As his face was revealed he couldn't contain himself any longer and broke into a laugh. Holding up his helmet, and twisting it about briefly, Nic got off the bike and started walking towards Val.

"No, my dear woman, I'm afraid it was neither...I've a terrible crack in my visor and I didn't realize how much of a blind spot it created until your very nice vehicle appeared from no where."

As he neared her, he put a gentle hand on her forearm, and squeezed.

"Are you all right? I'm really sorry if I've caused you harm."

His eyes contained concern, though he doubted she was much more than flustered. Though he didn't know Val well, he thought he had seen enough to figure she had the wherewithal to take care of herself pretty good.

"Nice wheels you have here, though I have to ask, were they all out of Veyrons?"

Had it been any other woman driving the Vanquish he would have been more duly impressed. But he knew Val knew cars, and while he agreed she had a fine car there, he expected her to drive nothing less. The only car he knew of that drove faster and was available to the public was the Bugatti Veyron 16.4. But that was about the extent of his current knowledge on cars. Nic was a biker, first and foremost.
Valentine 17 years ago
Val gave him one solid contemptuous look for patronizing her before snarling at him.

“You should fix that helmet do you have any idea how hard it would be to replace your bike or my car?”

But she let her temper dissolve as quickly as it had flared up. He had apologized and she could deal with him being in the wrong. She’d also started to rather like Nic, and value him as a client, and didn’t want to cause a rift. So, with her temper curbed she smiled politely.

“No I’m fine thank you.”

It completely escaped Val’s notice she hadn’t check to make sure he was OK. Obviously he was on she couldn’t have shouted at him, but he’d also side tracked her by asking about the Veyron.

“It’s the fastest street legal car Aston Marten’s ever made.” She defended her ride. “Besides with more than a year wait and a price tag over a million… even –I- have to draw the line somewhere.”
Nicholae 17 years ago
Nic grinned when he saw she was calming down. He didn't blame her for being irritated with him, but with them both okay he would have been a little taken aback had she kept up her tirade.

It pleased him for some reason to hear her reasons for choosing the Vanquish over the Veyron.

"I agree. I mean if all I was concerned with was speed, I could have opted for a Blackbird, or a Ninja...or yea, I could have even gone for the Hayabusa. But, I guess there's just something about the Ducatis that I find...classy. And really, once you've taken a ride on the flats, it's not like you're going to have the opportunity to do that every day. That's not to say I wouldn't mind trying out a Hayabusa."

Nic backed up and hung his helmet from the handlebar, while regarding Val with an interested eye. He had seen her on a couple occasions now, and yet never realized what a tiny thing she was. It could have been that her personality made her seem more powerful...she was quite the spitfire, and she made him smile.

She also reminded him that the last time he'd seen her she had been with Maeve, and Nic hadn't seen hide nor hair of his Evenhet friend since. But not one to dwell over things he couldn't change, Nic had moved on, so to speak.

"And just how fast have you gotten her up to?" So okay, he was curious. The car, for a car, was a fine piece of machinery.
Valentine 17 years ago
That was the sound of an enthusiast and Val approved whole-heartedly, even if she didn’t know a damned thing about motorcycles.

She watched him relax and noted, again, he was a good-looking sort. She never knew what to make of ‘pretty boys’ but that didn’t mean they weren’t worth getting to know.

“Well they tell me it does 190 so I had to see for myself, but it’s amazing how understanding the cops upstate can be.”

She’d taken it for a good run in the middle of nowhere upstate reaching the 190 mark and got nailed by Highway Patrol. Years of practice and a nice bribe had gotten her off the hook.

Given what Maeve had said about the ball and her seeming resilience to the explosion she had her suspicions about Nic. Val, however, played any real answers close to the vest and didn’t feel like giving him a hint about herself just yet.

Scrutinizing his ride, looking to see how well he’d taken care of it she walked around it nodding her approval.

“How does she go?”
Nicholae 17 years ago
"I've a strong feeling it wouldn't matter where the police were, upstate, local...something tells me I wouldn't have quite the same luck with them that you did. Well, maybe if I were to get pulled over by a nice female officer, but even then, women are less susceptible to pretty eyes."

Sure what he was saying was sexist, but even in this day and age he couldn't help but see some things hadn't changed that much. He batted his eyes at her and chuckled.

"See...just not the same."

And even though it was dark as pitch, Nic could see Val had very pretty blue eyes. Her porcelain like skin only made them more vibrant, and the light from the headlight seemed to reflect right back into them.

"She goes...smooth as butter, and takes corners like she's got an inner stabilizing gyro...I've only got her up to 130, but I could have been going 80...as soon as I get a little more free time, I'm hoping to trailer her and the other bike, which is just as prime, and check out Bonneville. I won't even consider public streets now. My life has finally calmed down, and I like the respite."

Not to mention Kem undoubtedly liked not having to bail Nic out of anymore jams for awhile. Nic smirked at the thought.

"Listen, how about we go someplace close and I buy you a drink, or a coffee at least. I've got a hour or so to kill before any other commitments come due...and I think I owe you."

A drink or a cup of coffee would get him off pretty cheap, but beyond that, there was something about the way he kept running into this woman that led him to think...maybe fate was trying to tell him something.

"Orrrrr...were you headed somewhere important?"
Valentine 17 years ago
Val nearly purred at the description of the bike. Her passion was going fast, she loved it ever since the first time she’d galloped a horse. It surprised her to realize she’d missed out on motorcycles.

“What about giving me a ride some time?”

It didn’t take a genius to see that Nic was flirting with her, and Val didn’t mind. It made her feel at home to be flirted and flirt back. Why shouldn’t she flirt back?

“Calmed down? I wouldn’t have expected that of you. But the I suppose it depends on what type of calmed down you’re talking about.”

He was good, asking her for a drink after trying to kill a perfectly good car. Val couldn’t fault him though and didn’t. She was actually she was glad he had.

“I’d love an Irish coffee. Where sounds good to you?”
Nicholae 17 years ago
"Any time! If I wasn't positive you'd just as soon blow me away before leaving this baby here, I'd offer to take you now, but later is good too."

And it would have been nice, had she been free to ride with him now. But he knew she'd never leave her car along side some random road in the middle of nowhere.

"But I could follow you back to town, drop your baby off, and then I could take you anywhere you want to go...?"

The 'where' part threw him though. For all his wild ways he really didn't get out a lot, and consequently was at a loss as to where he could suggest.

"There's always the Piazza, and the Club Eternity..." He would not offer up the House of Pain. Val might feel totally at home there, but he wouldn't. That place was too...raw. Funny but that was a word that seemed to really fit. Anyway, he just didn't think it was a place for Val.

"Oh, wait, there is a little place I've passed a few times, on the east side of town...Finnigans...Flannigans...something Irish like that. We could check it out if you want, but I can't guarantee anything."

He was having a difficult time just standing there, as he felt like he wanted to lean against something. His bike wouldn't do, and he was afraid if he leaned up against her car, she was liable to punch him. Not that he was afraid of her, but that idea didn't lend well to the subsequent idea of going for a drink. Picking up his helmet off the handlebar, he spun it around between his two hands, in a slightly nervous gesture.
Valentine 17 years ago
They’d have to make plans for that ride. Val didn’t want him to follow her back to the Domicile but she wasn’t leaving the Vanquish here either.

She wasn’t dressed for the club or the Piazza, well maybe the bar there after all Val never looked bad. Feeling slightly playful she turned on her brogue, it was like riding a bike you never forgot it even if she didn’t usually use it.

“How about we find us that Irish place? At least I could find me coffee.”

The slightly nervous way he handled his helmet was cute and earned him one of Val’s best sexy smiles.

“I’ll even race you there.”
Nicholae 17 years ago
Decidedly glad that his night had taken a turn for the better, even though the event was just shy of having made it decidedly worse, Nic tossed the helmet into the air, caught it and plopped it onto his head. Flipping up the shield, he grinned at Val, though since his mouth was covered, she obviously couldn't see it.

He thought her Irish accent was adorable, and hoped maybe she'd use it a bit more tonight. He had played an Irish lad many years ago, and the part, as well as the time held fond memories. Maybe tonight he could replace those memories with ones more current.

"Finni...Flannigans it is! And the race is on, as they say!"

He almost yelled out for her to be careful, but figured with her love of cars and speed, she must know her limits well enough by now. He didn't want her to think he was being disrespectful. Who knew...though he thought it was a long shot, there was still a possibility he could get lucky tonight. Anything that might lessen that opportunity would be avoided at all costs.

Shutting the shield, Nic climbed on the bike and soon had the engine growling. Always the gentleman, even in a race, Nic gestured with a sweep of his hand for Val to turn around and go first. He knew the Vanquish had more power than his bike, and if Val pushed it, she'd reach the bar before he would. How a person competed in things showed a lot about their character. Now he might get a chance to glimpse a little of hers.
Valentine 17 years ago
For a second he struck her as a boy, very young, very enthusiastic and very naive. Val still strongly suspected he was a vampire and was forced to wonder, given that response, just how old he was. She hadn’t reached the century mark herself but had started out in a hard enough world that her own enthusiasm was well tempered and she felt she couldn’t afford to be naive. It cost too much when you lover was a boot legger and there had never been a chance for her to regain that; not that she wanted to.

“When ever your ready biker boy.”

She smiled both coy and sly at the same time, slid into the driver’s seat, and turned the V12 over. It purred and she loved it.

She didn’t go out of her way to blow Nic away, but that was Val’s arrogance, not a sense of fair play or generosity. She’d wait until he got back on the freeway and they had a fair start, then she put the hammer down and gave him a run for his money. If you were going to win, you might as well play fair.

((OOC… out and to the strip?))
Nicholae 17 years ago
Following fairly close on her heels, Nic only waited until they were both side by side on the highway, before he gave Val a nod and took off. This time he kept to her right, and was able to have an unobstructed view, even if it was short lived.

Even keeping a low profile on the bike, and getting its speed up well over the limit, Nic expected to eventually be following Val's tail lights. It struck him then, there was a bit of folly to their adventure. Nic had a general idea where the bar was, but no clue if Val did. So the race would probably only extend as far as the end of the highway. Until then, he shifted and kept his speed increasing, and watched for the Nachton off ramp.

(ooc-out and to the strip! Winner of the race can start the next thread - )