Tomorrow's a New Day

Wren scrubbed at tired eyes that seemed filled with sand. She felt raw and used. Her body felt battered and it took every ounce of her strength to stand from her plane chair. They disembarked to the flight attendant wishing them a good night and hoping they'd had a pleasant flight. Wren gave the woman a smile she knew didn't reach her eyes.

Drev carried their bags as she could do little more than clutch her arms around her stomach. She knew she should be feeling relief at the knowledge of her tormentor behind bars, but mostly she felt like shit.

She just didn't understand what she'd done to deserve such things. Was she a whore mongering pirate in another life and this was karma's way of sticking it to her? Or did she just reek of victim pheromones? She needed to find herself a psychologist or she'd loose her mind and she'd worked so hard to rebuild it she had no intention of letting it go.

Drev draped an arm around her shoulders as he slung the two duffles over one shoulder. She leaned into him and let him guide her to the waiting limo waiting outside the terminal. It was an awkward way to walk, but she just didn't have the wherewithal to care.

Milazo 18 years ago
Drev helped Wren into the back of the limo, hurried around to toss their bags into the trunk, then got in the car. He was a little worried about Wren. She was a little more affected by this than he'd expected. He could sense that she was vulnerable right now, and she was probably going through the whole "Why did if have to be me?" line of thought. She was going to need support, a lot of support in the next few days.

As he slid in next to her, he automatically wrapped her up in his arms. It was just a quick hug, but it was enough to remind him of a hunger he hadn't sated in several days. He could sense her blood pumping through her veins, but he was able to resist the lure of it fairly easily. He needed fresh blood, and soon, but he wouldn't take it from Wren. It was actually her frail vulnerability that kept him from having a more difficult time resisting the urge to pierce that soft, slender neck and drink of Wren's warm lifeblood. Had she been more vital, more energetic, the scent would have been more alluring. As he pulled away from her, the scent faded.

As the car began to move, Wren snuggled up against Drev. Once she found a comfortable position, Drev held her, silently stroking her silky black hair. After a few minutes, he felt her breathing deepen and her muscles relax as she finally drifted to sleep. The ride was quiet and peaceful. Drev's thoughts were surprisingly quiet as he sat holding Wren. He might have even dozed off himself, if the thought of fresh blood wasn't in the back of his mind.

Finally the car stopped outside his condo. He lifted Wren into his arms and carefully carried her out of the back of the limo. The driver took their bags out of the trunk and handed them to Drev. Though they were in his hand, he held most of their weight with his Telekinesis. He instructed the driver to add 30% to the cost of the ride and send him a bill, then carried his sleeping beauty upstairs.

When his door was locked behind him, Drev dropped the bags on the floor and walked nimbly through the dark rooms to his bedroom. With a thought, the sheets and blankets were pulled back and he set Wren carefully on his massive bed. She was still wearing her skirt and silk blouse, so he carefully but quickly removed them. She stirred a little bit as he gently stripped her, but she didn't wake. When she was in just her bra and panties, he pulled the covers over her and gave her a light kiss on her cheek. Within moments, she was back into deep sleep.

Seeing all that bare flesh and sensing her throbbing bloodflow was difficult for Drev. It had aroused his hunger and his sexuality, but he would not use Wren for this carnal release.

He left the bedroom, still holding his hungers in check, and retrieved his katana. He tied it around his waist and left his condo in search of blood.
Wren 18 years ago
"A raven haired goddess sits across the park square from me. I want to cover my eyes, for fear her beauty would blind me, yet I could not draw my eyes from her. I picked up my camera and took several shots of her sitting there reading in her text book, like some mere mortal questing for an education. She need quest for nothing, if only she would look up and come to me. I would treat her in the manor in which the gods had intended. She was meant to be worshiped and I could do that. I could lay at her feet and tell her of her beauty. I could bring her plates of the richest food, and wash her hair in the purest of waters. I could give her so very much. She seeks to move from this place and I must follow."

Pale hands close the raged pages of a battered green spiral notebook, and sobs could be heard. The small hands are handed a tissue and the notebook is taken away to be replaced by a stack of police pictures. Large pictures, showing every demented detail.

A closet shrine, with a face sculpted in some kind of white material, pictures, candles, words cut from magazines.

A stack of videos each carefully labeled with date and place and time.

A collection of photo albums

A second closet full to bursting with photo boxes.

The photos were replaced with a small tape player, a button was pushed and a panicked voice crackled into the room.

"Hello? Hello! Who's there? Why are you doing this?" The voice shouted, echoing in the small room.

Wren sat up as a scream tore it's way from her throat. The room was dark and chilled, her clothes were missing and she had no idea where she was. Another scream clawed up from her stomach and pierced the night air. Slowly her eyes adjusted to the dim light coming from a night light in the hall and Wren realized she was home in Drev's bed. Her clothes were draped over a chair and she found her shoes on the floor.

She did not call for Drev, she knew he wasn't home, as there was no sound in the house but her own ragged breathing. He must be out doing whatever it was he did when he went out. She lay back onto the pillows, and pulled the covers over her body as she curled into a small ball on her side. Hot tears leaked from her eyes as sleep sucked her back into its deep abyss.

((ooc Purple is a dream))
Wren 18 years ago
Wren woke in the dim twilight of Drev's room, that only occurs when the sun is high and bright in a cloudless sky, the black out curtains can only filter so much light. She lifted sore eyes to the clock -11:40- and groaned. She was surprised she'd slept that late, but then she'd woken three separate times from the same damn nightmare.

Drev was curled against her back, she'd woken around seven and found him there, which meant he'd probably gotten in around five as her night mare had woken her the first time just after four, and the final time just after nine. She sighed softly and pulled Drev's hand from her body.

Wren stood and groaned again. She felt like she'd been hit by a mack truck. She needed to do something with her body and get rid of some of the nervous energy that had her suddenly shifting from foot to foot. She hurt to bad to dance, she'd probably pull a groin or something. Padding to the bathroom she tugged off the little scraps of red stain that had served as bra and panties and jammies, and pulled her hair into a high pony tail.

In her room, she pulled on a black sports bra, black spandex shorts white socks and white and purple running shoes. She took a black, slim fanny pack out of the closet and went into the kitchen, and checked the contents; pepper spray, bandaids, whistle, key card and sunglasses. She filled a white water bottle and slipped it into the loop on the side of the fanny pack. She put the whole thing around her, so that the pack and water bottle rested in the small of her back.

She wrote a short not to Drev -Out running, be back soon. W- and left the condo. She took a right out of the building and walked four about a block and a half. Stopping she stretched her legs, and body, her muscles screamed in protest. When she was finished she fished her sunglasses out of the fanny pack and slipped them on. Wren was still in the shadow of the buildings but the sun was already making her eyes hurt. She took a deep breath and set off at a comfortable pace.
Ginnie 18 years ago
She jogged a couple more blocks from the condo before crossing the street and jogging past the nearby dog park. Behind it, there was a three mile hike and bike trail that circled around an open field where kids played soccer and people played frisbee with their dogs and flew kites.

Wren gave smiles and nods to the few joggers and their dogs that she knew, and raised an eyebrow at a perky little redhead in goth jeans and some shear shirt thing that played with one of the ugliest mutts Wren had ever seen. Chuckling and glad that she could chuckle, she set off on the trail at a good clip.

Her body moved on auto pilot, but her mind was full and churning and caught in a few self destructive loops. At the one mile marker Wren stopped and smacked herself in the forehead. This was getting her no where. She shouldn't be beating herself up about this whole thing. God was not out to get her, the devil didn't have designs on her soul. She was a victim of circumstance and she would become a survivor. Maybe she needed to re-visit the studio idea. She could still work for Drev and run a studio.

That was exactly what she would do. She pushed her face into a determined smile and set back off on the trail. She completed the circuit twice as usual, and set off at a brisk walk for home. Once inside the condo she stretched her now vibrant and no longer sore muscles, before searching for Drev.
Wren 18 years ago
She jogged a couple more blocks from the condo before crossing the street and jogging past the nearby dog park. Behind it, there was a three mile hike and bike trail that circled around an open field where kids played soccer and people played frisbee with their dogs and flew kites.

Wren gave smiles and nods to the few joggers and their dogs that she knew, and raised an eyebrow at a perky little redhead in goth jeans and some shear shirt thing that played with one of the ugliest mutts Wren had ever seen. Chuckling and glad that she could chuckle, she set off on the trail at a good clip.

Her body moved on auto pilot, but her mind was full and churning and caught in a few self destructive loops. At the one mile marker Wren stopped and smacked herself in the forehead. This was getting her no where. She shouldn't be beating herself up about this whole thing. God was not out to get her, the devil didn't have designs on her soul. She was a victim of circumstance and she would become a survivor. Maybe she needed to re-visit the studio idea. She could still work for Drev and run a studio.

That was exactly what she would do. She pushed her face into a determined smile and set back off on the trail. She completed the circuit twice as usual, and set off at a brisk walk for home. Once inside the condo she stretched her now vibrant and no longer sore muscles, before searching for Drev.
Wren 18 years ago
She found him sprawled across the bed on his stomach, sleeping soundly. Smiling softly she leaned against the door jamb and watched him for a few minutes. He was a lovely sight and she wondered just what it was she felt for this man. She didn't love him, at least she didn't think she did. She cared for him deeply, he had given her so much, but love...no this didn't feel like love. It felt like, affection and warmth and lust, but love scared the shit out of her, and she would not look that far.

Sighing softly she pushed away from the door and padded into her room where she put her shoes away. Taking herself into the bathroom she stripped, and gathering all the black she could from the laundry hamper they shared, started up the washer.

With it filling up she hopped into the shower and washed away the sweat, and the last twinge of ache in her lower back and upper thighs. She bathed, and dried quickly, and took herself, wrapped in a towel back to the bedroom. It was a bit early to wake Drev, but she needed to tell him thank you and she wanted to be held for a bit.

She sat on the edge of the bed, and leaning down pressed a soft kiss to his lips, and waited.
Milazo 18 years ago
The touch of warm, soft lips brought Drev out of his deep sleep, but not enough to wake him fully. He was aware of his surroundings, and he could sense Wren sitting on the bed next to him. He groaned and stretched, turning over on his back and reaching an arm out next to her, then seemed to settle back into sleep. He might have slipped back into sleep, but the familiar scent of Wren's shampoo and soap was strong in his nostrils. He felt a strong desire to wrap her in his arms and envelope himself in her scent.

As he fully woke, he remained motionless. Then with reflexes aided by his supernatural agility, he pulled Wren down on top of him with the arm that had been stretched out next to her. He positioned her light body on top of him, kissing whatever warm, damp skin came within range of his lips.

"Good morning," he said, caressing the contours of her body.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren gave that oh-so-girly squeak, when Drev pulled her on top of him, and she even giggled. Shameful, really. She lifted her head just a little so she could see his face.

"Good afternoon."

She pressed her lips lightly to his and became very aware that just a towel separated them, as she felt him grow against her leg. She wasn't sure sex was what she wanted from him right now, so she decided to distract him.

"I decided something today."
Milazo 18 years ago
Grinning, Drev gave her one more kiss for good measure, then settled her next to him. He could feel the proximity of her body calling to him, but he ignored it. He stretched again, untangled the sheets, and kinda half sat up against the headboard.

"Oh? What did you decide?
Wren 18 years ago
She snuggled her body against his, and let her fingers make trails on his chest and belly.

"I'm going to start a studio of some kind. I can still work for you, so don't worry about that part. I just need to do something for myself, that lets me give something that only I have. I can't and don't want to open a full studio that I thought was my dream. I want to offer adult classes. So people who never had the chance can learn to tap dance or move like the little girl of their dreams that got to wear pink tutus and ribboned slippers.

I know I don't have it with in me to teach little children anymore, maybe a long time ago I did, but now I have nothing to offer them. Oh!" She sat up a bit and ginned "Maybe I could offer like a fitness class centered in different types of dance genres, that would be fun."

She gave his chest a pat and lay back down. She knew she had a stupid grin on her face, but she just didn't care. This thing could really work. And she didn't even have to ask for a loan, she had the start up money, thanks to Drev, sitting in her bank earning 2.4% interest.
Milazo 18 years ago
"That's great!" Drev sat up a little more, becoming caught up in Wren's excitement. "I think the fitness class idea would be awesome; people can't seem to get enough fitness stuff these days.

"Do you need anything from me?"
Wren 18 years ago
"Patience, understand, time, a few good kicks in the ass when I say, 'This is too hard, why did I do this?' That sort of thing. Oh and I'm going to need to car a lot. Will that be ok?"

She smiled at him. and let the thoughts percolate in her head. It would be a lot of fun and a lot of hard work, but she needed it, this, for herself and no one else. Her first task was going to have to be to find a space. Though she let that slide and let names flow through her head.
Milazo 18 years ago
"I'll be happy to kick your ass," he replied with a smirk. When she mentioned needing the car, his smile slipped. He was just starting to get used to having his own car instead of renting one all the time, and the idea of giving it up already didn't sit too well with him. "Uh... can I just buy you a new car?" His face lit up as a thought occured to him. "It could be a kind of 'Congratulations' present!"
Wren 18 years ago
Wren sat up and stared down at Drev. She let him do a lot of things for her, because it made him happy. But buying a person a car was a bit too high above the line for her.

"No, but I'll let you help me pick one, and i'll buy it. I just can't let you do that." She put up a staying hand so that he would let her finish.

"It's not the money, Drev. It's the principle of the thing. A car isn't something you buy some one to say congratulations, unless they are your spouse or child and just graduated or got that big promotion they'd been working so hard for. I'm neither of those things to you, Drev. I just can't let you. I can however et you keep me from getting swindled. Ok?"

She bit the inside of her lip. She didn't want to hurt his feelings, but she needed him to understand. She was grateful for everything he's done for her, but she needed him to not do this.
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev's heart sank when she first denied him, but he couldn't argue her logic.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. I just want to help you as much as I can, and since you're not going to let me fund your studio..." He chuckled and sighed. "Yeah, I sometimes forget that others perceive money differently than I do.

"Despite my less-than-stellar upbringing," he went on, fully aware that he was babbling needlessly, but unable to stop himself, "but probably because of my training, I have a strong protective instinct. And since you're basically under my protection now, I feel the need to make sure you have everything you could ever need."

He sighed again and laughed at himself. "How about I just take you out to dinner, instead? I know this place called Enzo's... they have a live band on the weekends, and it's a great place to dance... if you're into that kind of thing, anyway..."
Wren 18 years ago
Wren hugged him tightly and tried not to laugh. She gave into a small chuckle and rose back up to look at him.

"I think I can handle letting you take me dancing. It's a bit early though, I could think of a few things to occupy our time. First! I need to eat. How does an omelet sound?"
Milazo 18 years ago
Grinning mischievously, Drev pulled her back down and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was soft and short, but held a lot of promise. Just one little tug of her towel, and she'd be naked....

"First tell me about these 'few things' you have in mind," he said against her mouth as his hands began to wander over her terry-cloth-covered waist and hips. When they got around to her butt, he gave it a little squeeze and flicked her upper lip with his tongue.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren wriggled against him, giggling.

"Most of it requires me being much more naked."

She pressed her lips firmly against Drev's, and her stomach picked that moment to growl audibly.

"Yeah, I should eat first. I haven't had anything substantial since before we went to Ann Arbor. I think an omelet and bacon and fruit is in order. I may even add some toast."
Milazo 18 years ago
Grinning, Drev growled in response to her comment about having to be more naked, then laughed when her stomach echoed him.

"Alright, you go get something to eat, and I'll finish waking up. Then we can see about doing naked things." He gave her a final kiss and squeeze of her tight little ass, then nearly pushed her out of bed. "Now hurry and go eat," he said, climbing out of bed himself, wearing nothing but a mischievous grin, "before you lose the opportunity."
Wren 18 years ago
Laughing Wren left the bedroom, stopping to hang her towel in the bathroom. She stopped once more and took a royal purple silk robe, a Christmas present from Drev, from a hook just inside her bedroom door and pulled it on and tied it on her way to the kitchen.

In the kitchen she took out a carton of egg whites, a tomato, green pepper, mushrooms, a single green onion, shredded swiss cheese, bacon, a pint of strawberries and a package of whole wheat english muffins. In all her adult life Wren had never been tempted to eat the whole egg or buy white bread products or use processed cheeses, she knew what it took to keep her body healthy and she did it.

She set everything on the counter and pulled a microwave bacon crisper and a small frypan from the cabinets and set about making breakfast/lunch. Fifteen minutes later she had two plates loaded with eggs bacon and toasted muffins, two bowls of sliced strawberries, and two cups of coffee and two glasses of orange juice sitting on the table.

"Come eat, Drev." She called so that her voice carried, but she wasn't yelling incase he was close by.