Do you see...?

I've always liked that line from Minority Report. I don't know why, maybe it's the way the chick whispers it. Anyway...

I was thinking today while looking at Poser city models...steam and everything from the back of my head...how do I imagine Nachton? What does it look like? Does it rain a lot, since apparently all vampire movies are made during mansoon season...did I spell that right? Do you imagine the season mimics your own city or is it always warm nights?

For some reason Nachton is perpetually stuck in the summer months. Warm nights, no rain, but when I stop and really think about it when I'm writing, I remember to write in the snow. It says it's still cold on the east coast on the Today show, why would they lie?

What's the architecture like in Nachton to you? I find myself switching between old style bulgaria type nights to NY days. /boggle. I dont know. I was just wondering....DISCUSS!

Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
I live smack in between Baltimore, Annapolis, and DC...so it kind of tends to look like a blur of those cities, mostly Baltimore, to me.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
It looks like a mixed urban city to me, highrises and historical buildings and such in various parts of the city. I think the weather is pretty much what we have going on here but probably a tad cooler.
Aishe 18 years ago
I see it like Alfers... mixed highrise/historical. A nice mix of modern and old. With weather maybe a bit milder than what I'm used to in NY.
Shay 18 years ago
I follow the weather, and I see it as a normal city...I probably see it as a mix between L.A. and whatever east coast cities I've been in...but nothing like Underworld type structures, etc.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
it is a definate mix to me, a lot like you would see Boston or areas around DC looking.. very much a historical / modern blend. The weather... I always picture it cooler than me (hell it was 80 here yesterday) I go by what the weather says the upper east coast is getting today.
Fiona 18 years ago
i'm with them. a mix of the east coast cities i've been in. the west coast architecture is very different, since the influences were different. Depending on which area I'm reading/playing determines what i see in my head. Out at the Manor is one thing at the Towers something else, the Domicile very different. Same with the rest of it. Rather well rounded now that I think about it...

But i have the same prob Amby does ~ Houston weather right now is, well, weird. the other days it was COLD in the morning and by lunch it was 80. trippy. I have to keep in mind north, march right now...
Addison 18 years ago
It's snowing again in Northern New York *grumbles* It's technically spring too....well, there goes all the thoughts of yard work. Never think about cold weather for addison for some reason.
Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
Oh and for the Domicile I picture something like the undertunnels of the X mansion from the X-Men movies, but in a darker way.. not the happy, shiney, bright silver toned metals but darker glossy black ones. Super sleek and advanced.
Cyrus 18 years ago
I think the only thing that I can actually see is the Strip. I picture it just as I saw downtown Nashville. Older buildings slowly getting taken over by high rises behind them, but for now they are older architectually interesting small buildings with tiny shops, neon signs, intricate brick patterned sidewalks strewn in occasionally.

I have the general idea that the Manor is outside of town, gated, forested and huge. Kind of palaital with numerous wings and interesting architecture. Thinking about the Towers just strikes me as a huge corprate complex, tall glass building, smaller buildings interconnected. Domicile is in the seedy / run down area, the kind that has not seen real use in decades and have begun to decay.

Weather isnt an issue for me in CT. I just imagine it close to what we have. hehe
Ginnie 18 years ago
I agree with what's above. It's a mix of old and new for me as well. Austin is like that Old historical buildings surrounded by glittering high rises.

((I would like to take this opportunity to point out my new title. *snort*))
Valentine 18 years ago
Yup, yup… I’ve always rather seen a combination of Chicago and Boston. Which of course means the whole city is under construction nearly constantly, but fascinating to look at even if it is a nightmare to drive, especially down town. For some odd reason I also figure there are a lot of one-way streets down town.

Since all my toons are vamps the only thing consistent about the weather, for me, is that it’s always dark. (ha ha ha) Other than that I have to check things out on the web to get an idea or I’d write the whole time like AZ and that just wouldn’t be right, would it?

((*pets the new title*))
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Uptown to me is very Victoria, BC - open, airy, light, well lit and spacious. Generous with space despite the imposing press within other areas of the city. The Elite do not need to crowd.

Downtown...Las Vegas. The bright flashing lights mixed with super high end names fading into a more localized and reasonable setting at either end that you could find anywhere in the States.

Industrial...this gets trickier. Parts are like Los Angeles, others like areas of Chicago, others like Gary. All of it is dark, run down, polluted and makes you believe in Rodents of Unusual Size.

Municipal - Pure Boston with an old commons.

Culture - Elmwood and the Library are very New York to me, the Marina one of those Maine coastal dealies, the Waterfront...well, that connects the Industrial and the others for me. Probably closest to New Jersey.

Weather is pretty much clear unless it is noted otherwise for me. Guess that's the California part.
Alexandra 18 years ago
As I see it is pretty much like the rest of you guys, a mix of old and new kind of like San Fransisco with the bay and all, the weather is mild California like, sometimes it rains but it's pretty warm and comfy at night, no need for a jacket or coat.

The industrial part I kind of see a bit Eastern Europe / Germany type style dark, grey and dirty, don't know where that came from