Decisions and Dancing (Open)

Cyrus made his way to the House of Pain like he always did, in leopard form. He trailed a clanless youth who thought he was trailing a group of clubgoers. Little did the young vampire know that he was the prey tonight. Moments before the boy made his attack on the partiers, Cyrus pounced. Pushing the youth into the concrete the leopard hissed and snarled at him. Shifting he stated his simple questions. "Clan? Creator? Age?"

The boy made a futile attempt to escape. Cyrus simply yawned widely, showing off his overlarge fangs. Soon he had given up the same information that the prior clanless vampire Cyrus disposed of had. It was not a reasurring thing to know that there was a fool making more vampires to be clanless cannon fodder. Instructing the boy as he had the other, he hoped this one took his warning to heart. His plans were already quite full and he would hate to add destroying another troublemaker to the schedule. Sending the boy off into the night, he continued to the bar after making sure his black leather pants and burgundy silk shirt had not become dirty in the scuffle.

The bouncer greeted him by name with a nice 'good evening' thown in as well.
"Evening."

Making his way to the dance floor, Cyrus lost himself in the music, content feel the pounding beat deep in his bones. Soon enough he would have to sit down and think about the choices he had to make soon.

Suki Langston 18 years ago
Suki noticed Cyrus as he entered and melted into the crowd on the dance floor. Grabbing an empty booth she put a Reserved sign on it for him after wiping it down.

Glancing around the club she spotted one or two willing donors should he be hungry. Moving off to help other people she tucked her pencil up in her elaborate hairstyle. The six braids were twined about and the tails making upright sprays of black around her head. Her brand new leather corset matched nicely with low slung black pants that had an array of pockets. Her battered combat boots still served her well though, considering some patron had already dropped a bottle on her foot tonight.
Cyrus 18 years ago
After loosing himself to the crowd and beat for a while he made his way up to the booths, his shirt slung over his shoulder. Before he could get to the bar he spotted his familiar who waved him off to a booth. Bowing his head in thanks, he caught the clean towel she tossed at him.

Wiping the sweat from his body he sat down in the booth stretching his legs out along the seat. As he waited for Suki to bring him his beer he contemplated just what exactly he had to do. Thinking back, he realized that suddenly his life became much more complicated.

As he had raced home from the waterfront, the tainted flesh he had consumed shifting his frame of mind, he had gotten a phone call. The private decetive he had put upon Ted reported that the man was doing something out of the ordinary. The fool was going hunting with some buddies. Unable to resist he swiftly made his way there, on four feet so as to not leave a paper trail. Soon enough he was in the area and scouting for the foolish human. Three men were camped out in a meadow, drinking beer around a campfire. Creeping close the leopard lay in a tree, listening to the men boast and bitch. It was easy to spot Ted, as he cursed about Fallon leaving him and how he had not found her yet. Cyrus hissed unhappily at the man, which caused the most sober of the trio to start in alarm and grab his rifle. Soon the three of them were worked up and prowling around in the night, loaded weapons in hand. Seperating them easily he led the drunk Ted into the path of the other drunk man. The two shot at eachother foolishly. Cyrus just happened to direct the bullet into Ted's gut, while the other merely nicked the other fellow's arm. The other man stumbled back to the campsite, screaming loudly about his injury. Meanwhile Ted slowly died as the bullet had pierced his stomach and intestines, making a mess of his insides.

The leopard had watched the life fade from Ted before racing miles away to hole up safely for the day, deep in the woods. He made his way back earlier today and was unsure what to tell Fallon. Ted was dead, technically by the drunk hands of his friend. Though had Cyrus not been there the bullet would have missed him by a mile and they would probably not been out in the dark drunk. Still it was rather poetic and Cyrus had not had to taste the alcohol fouled flesh even if he had to resist the urge to tear the man into tiny pieces.

Suki bringing him beer, made him cringe and ask for water but no company this night, he had a lot on his mind.

((ooc: permission to kill Ted granted.))
Suki made her way to Cyrus, with an ice cold Kirin in hand. He looked so mired in his thougths she was concerned. Something had happened but she could not tell if it was a good thing or a bad thing. When he waved off the beer for water, she became highly concerned. A quick trip back to the bar she grabbed up the water and told the bartender she was on break. Slipping into the booth and placing the water in front of Cyrus she rested both elbows on the table, her chin cradled on the backs of her hands.

"Spill it."
Cyrus 18 years ago
Unsurprised at Suki's attention or astute grasp of the situation, Cyrus sighed. "I did something, that I am unsure how to tell Fallon about."

He glanced at his familiar, as she arched her brows and awaited his continued tale. "There was someone in her life who abused her. I simply orchestrated and assisted his demise, though I was not the one to fire the gun, I made sure he died. Sure he could have been saved if he had been within moments of a hospital but he wasnt. Hell the drunk fools he was with took an hour to find him."

Drinking his water slowly he recalled just exactly how his actions impacted the event. Chewing on his lip ring unconciously Cyrus was unsure how to go on. "I did not pull the trigger, I just facilitated his death. Maybe I can just tell her that he died in a hunting accident. Even if they report on it since I did not tear him to shreds as I wanted to, there will be no concern or comment of wild animal attacks."

Unaware that he was still speaking out loud he continued. "I should have left that druggie alone rather than taking a bite, I doubt I was thinking clearly but its no excuse. Perhaps I am simply more old fassioned that I realized and wanted Fallon to be a free woman come Saturday? How she lived with that bastard for years, I dont know. I only watched him for thirty minutes and wanted to shred his flesh in two."
Sitting in silence Suki listened as objectively as possible. So this fellow died. Someone who deserved it for hurting Fallon. Cyrus only assisted the situation which could have happened naturally given the rate of hunting accidents that do happen.

Finally he ran out of things to say, still lost in the depths of his water glass and occasionally chewing on the silver hoop that encircled his lip. Suki reached over and patted his hand.

"Things happen. Simply inform her that she is now a widow. She is a smart woman, she can research it herself if she needs to." Suki hoped that was not going start the inquisition on how she knew Fallon was smart. Just the fact that she had alligned herself with Cyrus proved the woman had smarts.

"Would you like a bite? Or just to dance some more? I have a bit longer on my break." Rubbing his arm up and down Suki smiled hoping that he would leave the morose contemplation behind him soon.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus listened to Suki's wise female wisdom. Bowing his head appreciatively he patted her hand. "Thanks for listening Suki. I needed that."

Watching the crowd he realized he was not hungry. The constant gnawing was absent in his current low mood. It was interesting, working for the Hunt or slight depression surpressed the flaw slightly.

"I think I will go dance." Draping his shirt across the back of the booth he held out a hand to Suki. "Care to join me?"

Together they walked to the dance floor and flowed with the pounding beat, letting the music wash away his cares.
Smiling almost shyly she joined her vampire on the dance floor. After two songs she gave him a parting hug and returned to work. It was amusing to watch several women flock over to him as soon as she left.

She watched him from the edge of the dance floor. It was primal how he moved to the beat, his lean body showing off the perfection of muscles and smooth skin. Suki knew that should he become hungry that there were several willing women lining up around the floor for a chance in his arms.

Picking her way to the bar she grabbed up her tray, towel and set back to delivering drinks and making friends.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus liked dancing. It helped him burn off energy as well as bring him food. Suki was exceptionally fun to dance with, since she was so full of energy. The outfit she had on was interesting, who would have thought to put cargo pants with a leather corset other than Suki. All too soon she returned to working, leaving him with women moving into his space and dancing with him.

Tonight he did not feel the predatorial need to gather food and their companionship felt lacking. A rather nicely dressed young man even hit on him. Still he was mired in his dilema. Muscles tired, he bowed to those on the dance floor with him and made his way to the booth Suki still had reserved for him. After wiping his chest and back free of the light sheen of sweat on the towel, he resumed his earlier seat, sipping his water.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Watching Suki move about delivering drinks, Cyrus had a brilliant idea smack him in the forehead. He could ask his familiar to send a sympathy card and flowers to the new widow. Maybe even with a clipping.

Enthusiastic about his idea he lept from the table, bringing his shirt with him. Sliding up behind Suki he made sure to wait until she was unencumbered by drinks to lift her into the air and spin around a few times.
"I have a perfect solution."

They walked off together, dark heads bent together as they made plans.

((Cy & Suki out, please close))