Hello Phone (attn Rachyl)

Nyra woke up slowly, thankfull for the last ten hours of uninterupted sleep. The little pill she had taken was a godsend. Thankfully that Doctor had given her a small perscription of them. Spying Connie curled up on the other side of the bed she smiled. Somehow she had missed her lover coming home. A gentle kiss on the tousled raven head and she cautiously climbed out of bed.

Soon she was clean, dressed and in the studio. Looking around she realized that her frantic pace had put her way ahead of scheduled demand. Much more than Bertrand could actually want. Since she felt rested and ready to do something fun today, she picked up her cell phone.

Pushing the speed dial she glanced at her woefull outfit. The broomstick skirt and tunic was looking worn around the edges. Its once vibrant yellow and purple faded to a pastel color. She definately needed a wardrobe upgrade. Peering in the fridge she listened to Rachyl's cell phone ring, she hoped 9am was not too early to call.

Rachyl 18 years ago
"What do you mean you lost your shoe?" Rachyl was having a heck of a hard time getting ready the morning after Meegan's night out with Connie. Her lover hadn't been too shnookered when she came home, but clothes had gone everywhere and maybe...

Rachyl found the corner where the dress had landed and found Meegan's other requested shoe beneath it.
"Found it!" She lobbed it gently towards the dressing area when her cell phone rang from in front of the TV.

"I'm coming, hang on!" Holding a bra in one hand and a hangerful of cami, Rachyl stumbled to her knees and headed for the TV area. The Grey's Anatomy theme had repeated itself a third time when Rachyl finally picked it up, glanced at the caller ID, and answered it. "Nyra! Hi! This is such a wonderful surprise," she exclaimed, because it truly was.

"You caught me with Meegan's top in my hand. I mean, her cami. I mean... I'm going to shut up and start over with 'hi.' So hi." She felt her cheeks rushing with heat as she slung the bra over her free shoulder and returned to the dressing area, holding out the cami-on-a-hanger for Meegan.
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra found an individual sized bottle of orange juice that had not yet reached its expiration date and was opening it when Rachyl answered the phone. Laughing the artist put the juice on the counter so she did not spill it.

"Good morning Rachyl. I hope I didnt call at a bad time!" She was sure the other woman could hear her laughing and hoped she did not take offense. "If its too early please feel free to call me back later."

Since Nyra was unsure how to claim her personal shopper experience her first instinct was to call Rachyl and ask. She could definately use an upgrade or even just a shopping companion.
Rachyl 18 years ago
"Not at all, Nyra," she replied, laughing. "You caught me in the middle of fighting with laundry. If it were too early, I'd have let voicemail get it, no offense." This last was spoken wryly; she hoped Nyra could hear her silent apology and smile in the comment.

"I'm sure Meegan wouldn't mind me going without clothes for a moment while we talk. She's been holding me up all morning anyway. I hope she didn't keep Connie out too late for you, but between you and me, I think they both needed time away from us."
Nyra 18 years ago
Nyra giggled more at Rachyl's situation. Fighting laundry sounded like a giant laundry monster was roaming the halls and flinging stray clothes at the poor red head.

"I snuck out of bed and have yet to talk to Connie. I am glad they had a good time. Speaking of you and I getting together, I really need some help. My wardrobe is in shambles. Turpentine is just so harsh on clothes, I need a whole new closet of clothes that I do not paint in. Can you help?!"

She realized that perhaps her idea of fashion and Rachyl's may differ, but she was desperate to wear anything not utterly destroyed. The current wardrobe hanging in her closet was good for painting, but leaving the loft was embarassing, she looked like a hippie vagrant.
Rachyl 18 years ago
"I can help, most soytenly. Absotively posilutely. Definately. Uh huh, yup, yes, and of course! It might not be today, though I'll check with Meegan to see if I can't play hookie. I'll call you back in half an hour?"

Rachyl wondered if Nyra was going to want to activate her personal shopper time, which she'd gladly offer help, or if she just wanted a girl's day out with a bit of fashion frolicking and fun. "I promise I won't drag the laundry monster with me, except for what I wear."
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Half an hour is perfect, that will give me time to grab some breakfast."

Peeking into the cupboard she realized her supplies over here were exceptionally low. Deciding to just eat leftovers from next door, quietly though she closed the pantry.

"If you cant play hooky can we call it 'work' as a personal shopper?" She joked since she was completely clueless as how to activate that.

"Is the laundry monster dry clean or permanent press, wait, it doesnt matter, I have turpentine! It will fade and fray instantly, which as everyone knows causes laundry monsters great shame and they slink off to under the bed to weep huge tears of unmatched socks."
Nyra 18 years ago
"Half an hour is perfect, that will give me time to grab some breakfast."

Peeking into the cupboard she realized her supplies over here were exceptionally low. Deciding to just eat leftovers from next door, quietly though she closed the pantry.

"If you cant play hooky can we call it 'work' as a personal shopper?" She joked since she was completely clueless as how to activate that.

"Is the laundry monster dry clean or permanent press, wait, it doesnt matter, I have turpentine! It will fade and fray instantly, which as everyone knows causes laundry monsters great shame and they slink off to under the bed to weep huge tears of unmatched socks."
Rachyl 18 years ago
"Or if you just eat a little bit, we can grab something on our way. We'll figure it out, I'm sure. And no, the laundry monster is tall, red, and likes to get permanenamenanents. I think his name's Gossamer, but I can't be too sure. But in any case, I'll talk to you soon."

After she and Nyra said their goodbyes, Rachyl called into the dressing room.

"Sweetie, is it okay if I take at least half a day to help Nyra with something? I think she wants to activate her personal shopper time."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Today?"

Meegan had hung the cami back up and replaced it with a white bra, sheer white button down and a black waist cincher. She was at the moment lacing the cincher.

"I think that's ok, make sure that her purchases are on the company card and that you document your time, I need a paper trail for taxes. That reminds me, has Ginnie called about her wardrobe?"

Finished with her top, Meegan sliped into a plain black skirt, and combat boots followed.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl nodded. "Yes, today. No, silly, after the baby's born." She sighed, giggled, then gasped when Meegan hung up the cami. "Can I have my cami back please? I meant to give you the buttondown and got all discombobulated."

She tugged on her bra and fastened it, then kissed Meegan softly when she arrived with the cami. "And no, Ginnie has not called, nor have we heard from Connie about the modelling."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Ok, I'll call her today, I need to get her in."

She handed Rachyl her cami and grinned .

"Nor will we, She's giving it to Nyra and I told her I have a perfect piece for the summer line I want her to do."

She checked her messy pigtailed hair in the mirror once more and headed down stairs, calling over her shoulder.

"Want to ride into town with me or catch a cab?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl pulled on the emerald cami and followed with a simple pair of khaki slacks. "Share ride! Flirt shamelessly!" She stood and stalked in a circle around Meegan. "Make goo-goo eyes at my sweetheart."

She gathered her purse, a jacket, her cell phone, and wrapped her arm around Meegan's. "Let's go wow em!"
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan laughed at Rachyl and placed a kiss on her nose. "Silly woman."

They were still renting the PT Cruiser, as Meegan just hadn't found the car she wanted yet, and Meegan happily drove them to work.

((Meegan out.))
Rachyl 18 years ago
After giving Meegan a "have a good day love" kiss, Rachyl stepped out of the car into the parking garage, twenty minutes after Nyra had called. She decided to call early.

Deciding it would make more sense to call from inside, she entered the employee entrance and stopped just inside the hallway. She dialed Nyra's number.
Nyra 18 years ago
After hanging up with Rachyl she grabbed the only other edible food in the whole studio, a pear. She would be hungry again in thirty minutes but it gave her a quick boost and stopped the tummy rumbles. Once that was consumed over the sink, Nyra began a slight straightening of the loft. Her tools were cleaned nightly, as were her cloths and clothes, but the main room had not been straightened in a while.

She was just dusting the stereo shelf when her phone rang. Snatching it up off the island and answering she turned to replace the cleaning cloth to under the sink.

"Hell low!" She smiled into the phone happily. Just the fact that she was not working, awake for the sunshine and getting out of this studio was enough to make her lightheaded with giddiness.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl smiled at Nyra's silly-happy voice. "You and I need to be going out, baby! Come pick me up, and we'll go -shopping!-"

She furrowed her brow and asked, "You do know where the factory is?"
Nyra 18 years ago
"Yay! I have not been out in ages."

Flipping a scratch pad to a blank sheet she dug around for a pencil. "I have no clue where the 'factory' is or what it is. Please expound upon this issue! Just wait for me to find a pencil before giving directions."

It took her rummaging though a junk drawer to find a pencil and soon she was leaning upon the island, poised to take not of directions.

"Have pencil, need directions!"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl quickly gave directions to Gothic-Ah's parking garage. "It shouldn't take you more than fifteen minutes to get here, it's pretty much right down The Strip. I've let the garage attendant know to expect you, so you shouldn't need a validation ticket. You can park in the assistant's spot til I meet you there."

Rachyl smiled to herself, barely able to keep still. "Breakfast first though, I think, I'm starving."
Nyra 18 years ago
"Breakfast it is! I only ate a pear so I will be starving soon myself. See you there!"

Leaving a note for Connie, Nyra walked out into the cool sunny day to her little yellow car. Soon she was on her way towards Rachyl. The guard let her in and directed her where to park. As she climbed out of the car she realized just how ratty her quilted coat had become this winter.

With a sigh she made her way towards the building. She desperately needed some sort of assistance.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl watched as the unfamiliar yellow car pulled into the garage. She hadn't expected Nyra to get out, so she pushed open the door to the employee entrance and met her friend halfway. "I would have come out to you. Where do you want to go to breakfast?"

She gave Nyra airkisses and gently turned her around to the car. "We should eat first, No sense passing out while we're trying on clothes. While we're there we'll start plotting, like figure out what stores you want to go to, then we'll take you for measurements. Sound good?"