Pre-dawn Chat (Attn: Connie)

Meegan sat wrapped in three blankets in the hammock she and Rachyl had assembled on the back deck. Her sock covered toe pushed gently against the wood planking and set her to rocking. The cordless phone sat on her lap as she stared out at the pre-dawn gray sky. She had been wanting to call Connie for a few weeks now and she had woken at three AM in a cold sweat and had not been able to sleep. So she'd grabbed blankets out of the closet in the hall, and took herself outside. She tended to fall back to sleep to the gentle sway of the hammock.

This morning however she grabbed the phone on her way out and contemplated calling Connie. She knew the woman worked nights and got home at around four and so had decided to call her then. The time on her little gold watch said 4:07. She tucked that arm back into her blanket and snaked the other out to punch in the number she'd memorized by staring longingly at it for the past three days.

She listened to the ring back, forcing herself to not push the off button on the phone.

Connie 18 years ago
Connie stared at the red light, the last light before she could turn in to the parking garage at 29 California Boulevard.

The occasional rebel streak in her wanted to just gun her little Saturn through the light. She knew the instant she crossed the final white line into the intersection, she'd either get splattered by an early morning delivery truck - newspaper or pastry - or get pulled over. So she waited. And waited. And waited.

The sudden eruption of the Star Spangled Banner from her passenger seat startled her so much her foot slipped off the brake. Quickly recovering, she glanced at the traffic light - still red - and reached to answer it. Thumbing the "talk" button, she held it to her ear.

She hoped she didn't sound tired - she didn't -feel- tired - as she answered, "Stone."
Meegan 18 years ago
Three rings and she heard "Stone." Stone? Oh right Connie's last name.

"Connie? Hi, it's Meegan."

This was just weird for her. She only ever called Rachyl to just talk. Though she didn't do that much anymore since they were almost always in the same building and more likely the same room. How does one go about talking to a girlfriend? Well, she was just going to have to figure it out.
Connie 18 years ago
"Oh, HI Meegan! I'm sorry, I still don't recognize the house number yet. Now if you'd called me from the Piazza, that'd be a tad bit different..." She giggled, then suddenly gasped aloud as the red light turned green.

"Oh, sorry to gasp so loudly, I've been waiting an interminable amount of time for this evil traffic light next to my building to change, I was beginning to think the sun would rise." She turned down the little ramp into the garage.

"What's got you up so early? Or have you not been to bed?" She wondered if a lascivious tone could be heard through the phone and shook her head, hoping Meegan hadn't caught it.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan chuckled. That light by her home had been really long when they'd gone. She bit her lip and tried to decided what to say.

"It's alright, that is a long light. I've been up for a while. I had a bad dream and it woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep. I've been wanting to call you. Um are you doing anything this evening?"

Meegan nearly smacked herself in the forehead. She wasn't exactly smooth and sophisticated at four in the morning. Oh well, life would go on.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie smiled widely and did a little jig for herself as she got out of her car. "I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing, so anything to fill that gap of nothingness would be muchly appreciated. Nyra's been on a creation binge lately and only stops to sleep, eat, wash, bandage wounds and ... uhm yeah."

How does one breech the subject of sex to a woman who you'd barely said anything deep and girlfriendmeaningful to? "She needs the breaks, though, I'm sure you're all too familiar with driving yourself to exhaustion to finish one more idea."

She cleared her throat. "To answer your question, I'm all yours, and my company is all yours, if you want them in one big combined package. Because you know it's possible to be with a person and not have them be company. Then again," she mused, "That could just be the numberfried brain of mine talking. Anyway. Is there a dress code or anything special I should bring? And if I'm picking you up I'll need directions..."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan thought about where a good place to meet Connie would be. She went over the places about Nachton where she could count on privacy and anonymity. Deciding she spoke.

"Do you know where the Point Breeze Marina Yacht Club is?"

That would be a fun place to go, they had really great martinis.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie arched her eyebrow, even though Meegan couldn't see it. She must have watched entirely too much Star Trek back in the Sixties. "No, not really, but I could always look up directions on Nachton's City website, or we could do it the old fashioned way."

Snickering to herself, she didn't wait for Meegan to ask "how's that" when she continued, "Drive towards the water and swim."

Laughing at herself, she calmed after a moment. "Seriously, we could just drive to the docks and follow signs. But I figure two out of three of those suggestions will get us there."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan laughed brightly, and gave the decking another shove with her toe. She was looking foreword to this now.

"How about we just meet there. I'll be coming straight from work, so I don't want you to have to cool your heels at my office, when you could be doing so with a cold martini next to the water. What's a good time for you?"

She would go back to bed for a couple of hours and then get up and go to work. She was making her new line revelation today, well she would be if the stupid mannequins would ever get there. Then she would have dinner and drinks with Connie and then go home and make love to Rachyl. It was just a few short days until their appointment to pick up their "Kit" and she was excited. Her excitement manifested itself in nightly sessions in their large bed.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie pondered. "Meet there after work..." "We could do that, although it might have been fun to have a fashionable Show-and-Tell. Six thirty seven okay? Should be after rush hour, and people won't start filing in til after that, I wouldn't think. Though, six thirty seven's kind of an odd time, how about six thirty, or six fortyfive? They're much rounder numbers and less likely to give a reservationist fits and twitches."

Connie had to purse her lips, to prevent herself from laughing out loud.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan giggled, Connie was a very funny woman and her bluntness was refreshing.

"Sounds perfect. I'll set up a table in my name, just tell them you're there to meet me. Do you want to sit inside or out?"

Her mental list kicked in and she started scheduling her day hour by hour. When she got off the phone she'd email it to herself at the office and then go back to bed.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie pondered yet again. So many things to ponder. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been invited for drinks, and resolved to do it for Nyra.

Even if she didn't drink.
"Sit inside, but from what I remember of the membership pictures there's a bar outside. The forecast said it should be almost sixty today, so we won't freeze too badly."

A thought occurred to Connie, and she shared it. "Should I wear my pirate's outfit, or do you have a better suggestion?"
Meegan 18 years ago
"Inside is fine. It's usually quieter."

Meegan nearly dropped the phone while she laughed. The tinkle carried over the yard and started the dog next door to barking.

"I would go with something along the lines of slacks and a blouse. Erm..business casual. Though for me that means a corseted bodice and a simple skirt instead of scary school girl."

She'd planned on wearing a specific outfit tomorrow..er today, but she'd take a change of clothes with her. She didn't want to scare the pants off the patrons or Connie.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie nodded, though Meegan couldn't hear the rattle of her brains. "You're lucky, you can pull off corsets, bodices and a skirt. Though 'scary school girl' sounds like she might be fun to have drinks with. And maybe take to a Halloween Ball. But business casual it is, even if I'm tempted to try to match you stitch-for-stitch, just for giggles and grins. I'll make sure I have clean clothes by the time I meet you. You caught me the day before laundry day." She laughed.
Meegan 18 years ago
"If you're anything like I was in college that means you have one skirt for work and a pair of cargo pants and one white tank top left that matches both." She chuckled. She didn't have that problem now since the cleaning service they'd hired took care of the scant quarter of her laundry that was washable and the rest went to the dry cleaners. One didn't exactly want to put three pairs of jeans covered in zippers, chains, studs, grommets and/or rivets in ones home washer and dryer.

"I'll change before I leave work. They frown on scaring the other members with your clothing. So I'll be in a little dress or something. So at six-thirty; six-forty-five?"

A yawn pushed her jaw open until it clicked.
Connie 18 years ago
Connie snickered. She wondered if the designer would be surprised if she knew the truth... "That sounds about right, yup."

Yawning, barely covering it, Connie replied, "Six thirty or six fortyfive works great for me. I'll be there with bells on. Well, probably not with bells, more like a blouse and skirt or dress, but... Oh never mind, I'm too tired to drag myself out of my own horrible joke. That's just perfect."

She yawned again, on hearing Meegan's yawn. "Thanks so much for the call, Meegan, it's definately been a pleasant surprise. I look forward to seeing you! I'll talk to you later... it sounds like we both could use a little bit of a rest, though, so I'm going to head in. Rest well and see you there."

(( Connie out pending response ))
Meegan 18 years ago
"Ok, have a good night's...say's sleep. I'll see you tonight."

Smiling she brought the phone down from her ear and pressed the off button. She levered herself out of the hammock with her blankets still wrapped around her body, she shuffled to the office and sent herself a quick email that looked like crazy assed code to anyone but her.

dress
Marina
mannequins
revelation
6:30

She set the computer to sleep and shuffled her way upstairs. Meegan folded her blankets, laid them on a chair and the reset the alarm for seven instead of six. Crawling into bed, she gave a soft sigh and snuggled her silk clad body next to Rachyl's naked one. Moaning into the warmth of her partners neck, she was almost instantly asleep.

((OOC Meegan out, lock up please))