Dinner with a side of Shopping (attn Amberelle)

((Continued from Coffee for one

Ginnie had worn hunting clothes this night, all of which were covered up by her black wool trench coat. As the exited the car, she pulled a black wind breaker from the pocket of the coat. She replaced her coat with the wind breaker, revealing a double shoulder holster and her standard black bullet proof vest. She had a knife at each ankle as well as a gun on her right ankle. At her hips she carried pepper spray, bowie knife, a small tear gas canister; that looked deceptively like a second pepper spray, and small lock pick set in a leather pouch that Alec had given her.

There was a small .28 caliber pistol in an inner pants holster down the small of her back, a pen bomb in her pocket and two small knives sheathed at her wrists. An even dozen always made her feel safer. Not that she was in much danger from the loosers they would be hunting, but one could never be to careful.

She smoothed a hand over her plack leather pants and zipped her jacket half way. She'd remove it when they were in a less public area and stuff it into a pocket of her vest. She had emergency repelling gear in one of those pockets as well as tissues and baby wipes. Yep, Ginnie would have made a great boy scout. "Be Prepared." She giggled and walked around the car, to lean gingerly on the hood.

"So, do you want to hit the fountain and find two teenagers going at it like rabbits, or skulk around between buildings?"

Amberelle DeEspionne 18 years ago
After parking the Aston, Amberelle slid out and walked around to the trunk. Popping it open she shrugged out of her parka and folded it neatly before laying it in the pristine trunk. A finger ran down the edge of the trunk's liner before resting on a small indentation. A firm push and with the faintest of clicks the false panel popped up.

From inside the blonde pulled out her long, supple leather duster. Laying it over the trunk's edge she pulled out a hard metal case and removed a double shoulder holster and a set of matte blued Glock 9mm pistols. The feel of them in her hands made her smile. The holster was buckled on over her turtleneck and she took a moment to adjust it and her bosom into just the right spot. That settled, she quickly she went through a set of motions to check the balance, sight and chamber of each gun before sliding a clip in and slipping it into the holster. Next she removed a wicked looking hunter's knife in a sheath and clipped it to her belt at the small of her back. Pushing her sleeves up she slipped on a spandex and leather bracer that was outfitted with lockpicks onto her left arm and a similar one with a length of fine wire tied to a small ring. This worked nicely as a garrote or could be swung with nasty results. She slid the sleeves back down and twisted her wrists to adjust to the feel. Reaching back into the hidden compartment she pulled out a leather roll and flipped it open to reveal her swords. Gingerly she caressed the black steel encased sheaths before stepping away from the car slightly.

Kicking a foot back she grabbed an ankle and stretched out one leg then the other, feeling to make sure a slim stilletto was hidden in each of the boot's built in sheath. A deep lunge first left then right with arms extended outward, stretching and straining each muscle. And then she rolled back up to a standing position. Finally the Anantya shrugged on her coat. Patting it down she went over several of its hidden pockets. Extra clips, small pen light, packet of caltrops, a few crisp folded bills, fake ID, extra car key. All was good. Satisfied, she grabbed up each sword and slipped it over her shoulder and into the slit hidden along the shoulder seam where it dissapeared into a pocket until only a few inches peeked out. Shaking her long blonde hair out, the thickness of it easily concealed the hilts from casual eyes.

As she did this, out of the corner of her eye, she watched Ginnie going through her own routine but only half payed attention. It was enough to just register that the Tacharan was well prepared and carried a virtual armory. Amby's opinion of her was raised a notch. It made her feel good that she wasn't the only one to go armed to the gills just to hunt down a bite to eat.

Finally "dressed", she slipped the empty cases back into the compartment and closed up. Walking around to stand beside Ginnie, she pulled out a pair of gloves from the coat's pockets and slipped them on. She mulled over the question for a few seconds before replying. It was just against her nature to feed on children and the mere thought made her ill. But it wasn't exactly something she wanted to share so she kept that opinion to herself.

How about we skip the kiddos and find something friskier and more.. full bodied?
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Alright, we'll find a couple of business men going at it like rabbits." She chuckled softly and pushed away from the car, careful not to scrape her metal against Amberelle's paint job. She looked the blonde up and down, grinning.

"Nice digs, I like that coat. Though it seems like it would get in the way of your cross draw."

She studied the lay of the coat for a moment, and while it looked very Matrix, she just couldn't see herself pulling her Brownings from it or activating a tear gas bomb undetected.

"So, Amberelle, what do you carry, if you don't mind my asking? I've run into a few who don't like to talk about how they pack their heat."

She snerked inwardly. She sounded like some beat cop, talking shop. Fun stuff.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Prowling through the waterfront was a challenge. He was searching for signs that Panos may have left while keeping his skills sharp. His paws padded soundlessly across rooftops, sand and shadows. There was a good chance he could find a bite to eat but the chances of finding evidence was slim.

This put his good mood on hold as his hunters instincts took over, given fuel by anger. Logically he should not be angry at the clanless vampire for turning Fallon. Unfortunately for the guy he had to play with her first. Causing terror was not approved unless done to those of criminal intent or clanless vampires who were too stupid to live.

His brown and grey fur blended perfectly into the shadows of the night. Long tail trailed low to the ground, but never upon it. He did pick up a scent of dog but could not imagine such a terrorist having a pet. Slinking along carefully he explored.
She shrugged. Her coat was well worn in and super soft to the touch. It barely made a sound as she moved.. couldn;t ask for much more she reasoned. It doesn;t interfere too much really, I;ve gotten used to it. And besides sometimes form beats function.. She winked.

Almost giddy to have someone to talk "shop" with, Amby grinned at Ginnie and she went over her personal arsenal. OK this is just what I carry around, a just in case thing you know? First the coat is kevlar lined. She decided to start up top, motioning to her left then right. Katana.. wakizashi. Hands moved down to motion to the holstered guns. Glock 9mm, both balanced with custom grips in a nice matte black, loaded with armor piercing rounds. I've got silencers for them in a pocket. Tapping her right wrist she continued, Garrote and.. tapping the left wrist, picks. I keep a knife here her hand motioned to her back, as well as one in each boot. And the jacket has some fun throwing toys and extra clips along with cash and such. Because a girl can never be too prepared oui?

So... what about you? She studied the woman, noting the vest and the more obvious bits here and there.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Ah, I'm not much of a sword person. not much of a martial arts person period. Cool weapons choice though."

She unzipped her jacket and pointed to her bits and bobs as she spoke. She had to admit it was cool to share her mini-mobil armory with someone.

"Two 9 mm Browning Hi-Power Mark III, modified by yours truly, pepper spray, bowie knife, lock pics, tear gas," she turned and pulled up the jacket back and nudged her pants down a bit, "S and W .38 special." She turned back around and continued to point out her goodies.

"Knives at both wrists, and ankles along with another S and W on my ankle. I have an incendiary doo dad in my pocket, some repelling gear and tissues in my vest. hmm, yep, that about covers it."

She laughed, zipped up her jacket, and headed toward the fountain, they could radiate out from there and find their prey. She could only hope they didn't run into a rogue or two, they were known to hang out here. Fuck that, they were known to hang out every where. She scanned the immediate area and saw nothing of consequence.

((I realize I said .28 in the first post, that was a typo))
Ahh.. I've been trained in martial arts literally as long as I can remember. I think since I was like 2, I was told. 'Not that that means much considering I'm not even 30' she thought to herself. She briefly wondered how old Ginnie was but dismissed it for another time. My teacher is very very old fashioned a knowing grin, so she taught me with a classic combination like this.

Nodding and checking out the gear as she was shown, Amby gave the Tacharan a grin of approval. She was starting to get that tingle of excitement growing in her belly, an electricity zipping down her spine and radiating out everywhere, making her feel abuzz. It had been too long since she had truely hunted her food, having been surviving off of quick sips here and there when she even remembered to go out. She'd be ever thankful for Rupert and the mansion's supplies.

Following along with her new friend, Amberelle let herself slip into more of a 'work' mentality, letting the happy socialite slip and the sleeping feline inside start to stretch and make her way out. In some ways it was almost like being dual personalitied, Amby believed, but there was no distinct area where one stopped and the other began. It was more like changing from an eveing gown into a pair of sweats, a small change that instigates a subtle but distinct change in attitude and manner. 'A side effect of the raising I had to be certain.. I really wish there were kindred shrinks, that would be useful.'

Breaking off her wandering thoughts, the blonde turned back to the rough streets around them. It all seemed quiet, almost too quiet. Like the rats had sensed danger in the air and scurried to their holes to hide. All the more fun to flush them out.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The three thugs he had been stalking were fidgity. They continued to look over their shoulders and all around them. Shame they never once looked upwards towards the real threat.

Cyrus lay perfectly still upon a roof of some delapidated building. The little party below as making plans to knock someone off. One had set up some meeting with the victim near a fountain in a few minutes. The biggest guy was going to be hiding and awaiting his opportunity to kill the mark, while the third was the lookout from their current vantage point. Apparently the target ran a lot of drugs but was a bit slow paying for his product from these fellows. Sounded like they wanted to cut out the middleman, litereally.

Since he had only spotted these three toughs in the entire area so far, he wondered just how big of a bloodbath it would be. Perhaps he could catch a good meal or four himself.

His ear twitched at the sound of footsteps far away. The idiots below scrambled to get into their positions quietly. Of course they sounded like a herd of elephants to his ears but the footsteps never faltered ini the distance. Laying in wait the leopard did not so much as twitch his tail or wiggle a whisker as the hunt began in earnest.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie heard foot falls from across the fountain area and lifting a hand to stop Amberelle's forward motion, she went into a defensive crouch in the shadow of a bush. A short-ish man walked into the clearing, looking over his shoulder, hands in his pocket his sniffed, ducked his shoulder, swallowed then reached up to swipe he hand across his nose. 'Druggie, damn.' A second set of foot falls sounded from the opposite direction of the first youth, but still across the fountain square from them.

Ginnie reached up, slowly pulled her zipper down, and removed the windbreaker, slow movements timed with the shadows, had the jacket folded and placed in her pocket as the two young men, they looked around twenty or so, they could be younger, aged by the drug they ingested, came together. She leaned in close to Amberelle, her voice barely audible, but she knew the blonde vampire would be able to hear it.

"Looks like a drug deal or a set up. I smell two other humans on the wind." Sweaty, dirty, nervous humans. She also caught another scent on the wind that seemed familiar but she just couldn't place it. She'd investigate after they finished their hunt. "You game for taking down a gang of thugs?"
About the time Ginnie stopped and motioned for a halt, Amberelle heard the sound of steps as well. She froze and dropped into a crouch behind the Tacharan, perched on the balls of her feet like a cat ready to spring. Sniffing the wind, searching for a scent Amby closed her eyes to concentrate on the environment around them. The faintest of rustles came from her companion as she slowly slid from her jacket. The sound of someone walking, his breath sounded shallow, he was probably nervous. And had recently snorted something 'recreational' she guessed from his sniffling. More footsteps, coming closer to him. She concentrated, opening her senses and caught more scents on the breeze. Two more, foul, sweaty, tinged with fear or anxiety. It made her lip curl. And for a second something else, familiar and unique. Also very unexpected. 'Curious...'

Opening her eyes, which were now feline in shape and their pupils dilated wide and reflective in the faint light, the young vampire scanned the area around them, picking off potential hiding spots. As she scanned around them, Amby slowly reached a hand up and drew out her wakizashi without a sound. Flipping it back to rest flat againt her forearm she listened to Ginnie and nodded. She nodded slightly and mouthed an affirmative when she said there were two others then with a grin nodded agreement when Gin asked if she was game.

Holding up a hand, the blonde motioned using military signals towards the two spots she had determined to be the best hiding spots for their unseen humans. One was much closer to the meet, she assumed it would be the muscle and the distant one would be the lookout.

Leaning in, her mouth close to the Tacharan's ear she whispered just a few decibils above the sound of her breath, Take down the three first and let that one run? She nodded towards the spot she'd dubbed the lookout. Or should I go get him first?
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus watched immoble upon the roof, above the last intrepid criminal. The fool's partners had walked off to their death and he immediately broke out his own drugs and tried to get a hit before anything happened. The man's head lowered, exposing his vulnerable neck.

Springing silently into action the small cat landed upon the man, teeth wrapped around his neck. Snapping the fragile bone while suffocating him as well. The blood poured into Cyrus' mouth steadily. Thankfully untainted by the scattered powder littering the stones a few inches from them.

The scent of blood was now thick in the air. Probably undetectable to the foolish humans. Sensitive nose told him that there were three at the fountain and two across the other way. The last two moved so silently he was sure they were the target's back up.

Deciding to wait and see how it played out he left the body as it was and lept silently atop the shack once more, eyes wide and slightly reflective as they watched the fountain unblinkingly.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie nodded to Amber, her full name was just too damned long for Ginnie's taste, and scented the air again. She figured her senses were sufficient but wished she could open them like Alec did. She was contemplating Amber's question when a soft thud was heard off toward where the figured the look out was station and the sweet copper scent of blood wafted on the air.

"Odd. Do you smell that? I think we might have more company than we bargained for."

She breathed in through mouth and nose tasting the air. The hitter was closer to the mark and his adrenaline had kicked in. She sighed and pulled a Browning with her right hand.

"Take out the first guy and the dealer, then go after his muscle. Ready?"
The coppery smell of blood assaulted her senses, drawing her hunger forth. Swallowing hard against the unexpected pangs she nodded mutely to Ginnie. From a pocket inside her coat she removed a silencer which she proceeded to hold with her teeth as her right hand reached up and slipped one of the Glocks from its holster with the slight sound of steel sliding across leather. Quickly screwing it on one handed, with obvious practice, she gave the Tacharan a smile. She signed that she would take the one on their right side. Her left hand tightened its grip on her sword as the adrenaline kicked in full blast.

Amberelle studied the pathways and waterways between them and the two men. If it had been warmer she would have slipped into a water canal and came up on them through there but it was just too damn cold for her Southern ass to be splashing around if it could be helped, she decided. Instead, the direct approach was best.

Coming up from her crouch just enough to start rapidly moving stealthily towards them, she tried to stay low and out of their perception for as long as possible. Avoiding the soft pools of light cast by the spherical lights Amby felt almost at home picking her way quietly over the cobblestones. She never took her eyes off of their targets.

She was still several yards away when it looked like things must have gone bad, or maybe their trap was being sprung. The mens voices raised sharply and they started exchanging insults. Cursing under her breath in French, the blonde rose and brought her gun up to aim at her target as she broke into a full run. She could only hope Gin was close behind. Firing off one shot into his leg just above the knee she watched him howl in pain as he fell to the ground clutching his wounded limb.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The fools were arguing as their number dwindled. Idiots thought themselves the hunters while they were not even aware they were the prey. Cyrus really would not let these fools live. The druggies would just have to go to rehab once these punks were dead. Of course someone else would step in, but then again, he had to hunt frequently.

His acute hearing, perfect in a jungle, noted the sound of swiftly and quietly moving feet. The sharp thock followed by a cry of pain indicated that the backup for the other side had moved in. Cyrus wished he had chosen a closer vantage point so he could see the action clearly. Taking his surroundings in very closely for another time, he chose to leave the shack for a large tree. Its leaves were gone, leaving him more exposed, but if he was still perhaps his luck would hold and they would never look up.

It was far enough away that he had to leap silently down, crouching in the shadows before making his way to the trunk and climbing it. Moving slowly, eyes towards the fountain and the action happening there he inched into position. Eyes wide, glowing in the light pooling from the city posts, he watched the fate of the criminals unfold. He was only marginally surprised that the attacking party appeared to be two women.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie gave Amber a nod and moved out to the left, pulling out and attaching a silencer to her own Browning. She slipped through the shadows and fired a brief moment after the blonde into the fleshy calf of the dealer. She noted the sudden approaching footfalls of the muscle raised her gun, sighted and shot out his knee cap. He fell to the ground on a cry of pain, and Ginnie moved up to stand over the first man she'd shot.

"Nice night. I was lookin to score, got anything?"

Her scottish accent had slipped easily into Somewhere, Alabama. She smiled sweetly at him and knelt with her knee on his breastbone, while he tried to clutch at his leg. The other guy was trying to claw his way over, but he seemed to just not be able to take the pain and lay panting near a pool of his own vomit. 'Gross.'

Under the over powering scent of blood she caught the familiar smell again. She looked up and around and saw two glowing eyes. She blinked slowly and focused on them to find they were attached to a cat, a really big cat. 'Well I'll be damned. It's that Anantya I ran into when I found out about Hillman. I left him to play with some turn coats."

Ginnie laughed, shook her head and leaned down over her victim, sinking fangs seep into his neck she began to feed.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Damn. His party had been crashed and not by the dealer's reinforcements. Both women smelled vaguely familiar but so far he had not placed them. Hissing as the laughing woman fed on a downed man, he bared his teeth, trying not to be too much of a poor sport.

The debate raging in his head was weather to snatch the extra man down there or leave him to the ladies. It would be gentlemanly of him to leave that last one but since he could not place either of the women from this distance he decided to get closer.

Slowly making his way down the tree he slinked over the rocks to the sceene. He moved slowly and cautiously, keeping the large concrete fountain between him and the women with guns. Realizing that one of the women was his clanmate Amberelle, Cyrus shifted, still staying to the shadows. The second woman was the one who had threatened him before, though she had provided a good meal as well.

"Good evening ladies, nice night for a romp isnt it?"
By the time she'd reached her man, the nervous druggie, she saw that Ginnie had taken down her own target with a well placed shot. Her nose curled in disgust as she watched the whimpering man struggle to crawl and begin vomiting. The concealed third man came towards them but Amby had barely gotten her gun aimed before Gin's shot knocked him down.

Glad to have an option besides the tainted druggie, she moved towards him quickly and grabbed his arm. He swung at her wildly, his aim way off from the pain in his leg. The blonde dodged his punches in a sort of weaving motion as she rolled him onto his stomach and grabbed under his chin. She pressed the hilt of her wakizashi sideways into his larynx. Jerking him backwards into a painful bend, she crouched down over his back and glanced around quickly before opening her mouth wide with a hiss and sinking her aching fangs into his throat. His scream of pain was muffled as she held him tightly.

His blood gushed into her mouth, a fountain of hot crimson ambrosia. Her lashes fluttered and her eyes drifted closed as she drank deeply. Her moans of pleasure and his whimpers of pain drifted through the haze of her feeding. Suddenly she was aware of movement across from them and her eyes snapped open but her mouth remained pressed to his throat, sucking at the wound. A growl eminated from deep in her throat as the cat in her crouched possessively over its meal. Her eyes, darkened by her emotions to a rich golden honey, darted around the shadows until she could make out the form coming towards the two of them.

The young Anantya was more than a little suprised when she made out the form of her clanmate. 'I wonder if we stole his meal.. or his runners.' She didn't see him as the drug lord type but you never knew.

(Cyrus) "Good evening ladies, nice night for a romp isnt it?"

Amberelle studied how quietly he moved. As a former assassin and thief, she was quite impressed. Of course he'd had a good deal longer than her to develop his skills she reminded herself.

Feeling the man under her becoming sluggish and slipping into unconsciousness she sucked harder at the last bits of liquid seeping from his neck. Once she'd taken all she could, she pulled away despite the whimper inside her, wanting more. Licking her lips she flipped the sword in her hand and held it, ready to slice his throat. Pausing briefly she glanced towards the Tacharan. Amby wondered if she cared whether they killed the men or not. Deciding to wait and see, she turned her attention to Cyrus.

Bon soir! An excellent night indeed. She grinned at him teasingly. Sorry, I don't like to talk with my mouth full, it's bad manners you know.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie moaned softly as the last trickle of blood filled her mouth. Her victim died in her hands as his wound and her feeding had drained him completely. She licked the wound clean and with a flick of her wrist had a knife in hand, she connected the puncture holes that wouldn't heal in a dead body, with a jagged cut, that continued across his throat, it wasn't a killing wound, and the last little bit of blood left in the pathetic man trickled out to cover the wound. Exsanguination would be this poor man's cause of death. She chuckled softly, that happened a lot here in Nachton.

"Good evening ladies, nice night for a romp isnt it?"

Ginnie looked up from cleaning her blade on a small piece of cloth, that was then tucked into a plastic zippy bag and tucked back into her pocket.

"It appears that way. Long time no see Anantya, I hope my little goons didn't give you indigestion."

She was feeling generous, her belly was full of that lovely heavy feeling and she wanted to roll in the after glow of feeding, not to mention, he'd not actually interfered. Though it was possible she and Amberelle had.

"We didn't steal a meal from you did we?"

The third man on the ground moaned softly and tried to move, Ginnie's gun was out and pointed at his head. 'Shit, if the man needs to feed, I can't just shoot the poor fucker in the head.'

"Do you want him, or shall I put him out of his misery?"
Cyrus 18 years ago
Bowing respectfully to Amberelle, he smiled at her politeness. Complimenting her breeding his comment was honest and sincere. "I doubt anyone could fault your manners Amberelle, you are the epitome of social grace."

The other woman finished her meal as he admired her skill of confusing the truth with the blade of her knife. Inclining his head slightly his lips quirked up at the memory of that meal. "Good to see you again. And the goons were quite tastey, thanks."

His inner beast roared as the main course moaned from the concrete. While he was full and satiated the thirst peaked out with the sound of a weak victim so close. He eyed the man while running his tongue over his fangs. At the woman's question he arched a brow.

"Four would have just smacked of gluttony. Though if neither of you want this one, I would not turn down a free meal." The comment was made casually but he was sure his eyes had turned reflective and catlike as his hunger rose. Yes, he was a glutton but the unending hunger was enough to drive him to binge when he could.

"Cyrus of Anantya, by the way. Any friend of Amberelle and provider of meals is a friend of mine." Without taking his eyes off the prey he introduced himself to the taller woman.
At Cyrus' compliment she beamed him a smile. You're too kind, cousin. WIth a mental nod Amby decided he was definately one of her favorite clan mates. She'd try to remember to suggest a play date in the forest one night soon to just romp around and play chase.

Seeing that Ginnie had the same subterfuge in mind, the younger Anantya dug her blade in and roughly slit the unconscious man's throat before dropping him to the ground. She reached down and rummaged through his pockets to relieve him of his wallet, cellphone and keys. Those were slipped into one of her coat pockets. She also helped herself to his rather nice watch and gold nugget rings. Finding him armed with a revolver she removed that and tossed it into the nearby fountain with a small splash.

She glanced at her clanmate then Ginnie. She wondered at how they knew one another. That was something she'd try to get out of one of them sometime soon. The blonde stood and stepped away from the body and the pathetic human left trying to scratch his way away from the trio. Her head and shoulder motioned towards him as she looked over at Cyrus.

Be my guest.. I don't need him. 'Nor do I want to touch a vomit covered, crying piece of vermin like him,' she added to herself. Flipping her blade she wiped it clean with her fingertips. Amby licked them as she sheathed the wakizashi.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie held her hand to Cyrus and smiled. 'Yay! No games.' "Ginnie of Tacharan. It is a pleasure to know your name."

She really ought not be so friendly with two Anantya, but she didn't think Simon would mind her making nice with the elderly. It might just help their case.

"You are welcome to him." I'm rather sated at the moment, and I managed to get my guy before he'd ingested some of his own product. Though by his taste he didn't dabble much anyway. After holstering her gun and putting away her silencer she searched her victim for his wallet and other valuables.