Socially antisocial

Trying not to curl his lip at the numerous fake people gaily chatting and smiling Cyrus made his way to the garden. Hopefully he had not bared his fangs at the mayor, but he really did not care. The useless being was a puppet of Anantya he had heard so it would not have been a huge surprise. Attending these functions was always a chore for one expected people to mingle with those they despised and not cause a scuffle. Had he been alone he would have held down the bar for the durration.

"Sorry, I am not normally a social creature. We can go back and find seats before dinner is served."

It was slightly belated that he realized he had not really given Fallon much choice. Vowing to only spend a few minutes outside and then do whatever she wanted for the evening.

The garden area was nicely manicured. Though the tidy lawn and small trees made him curl a lip in disgust. Why did people think that homes needed new trees instead of the hundreds of years old ones that had been living on the property prior to the homeowner or constructor building there? It made him wish to claw the nicely painted building next to the pool. Flexing his fingers he tried to keep the cat at bay for the evening.

Turning to Fallon he appologised with a deep bow of his head.
"I wish I was better company."

Fallon 18 years ago
The gardens were nothing like those at Heolfor Manor, and Fallon sensed whoever constructed these was trying too hard. Had they left a little more of what nature had put down, instead of starting over new, they might have achieved the look of a very beautiful garden, instead of one that might take twenty years to just begin to have character.

She had little time to see or greet anyone, as she tried to keep up with Cyrus. She could sense he seemed a little out of sorts, but didn't really understand why. If he hadn't wanted to attend, she wondered why he had asked her to begin with.

Though she had been beside herself with excitement at the opportunity to attend such an event. It was the kind of thing she had only read about in the society columns of newspapers before...and now she was actually going to be part of that society. It was so going to be worth giving up the few lunches...and dinners, her dress had cost her, to see just how the other half lived, and partied.

His apology took her a little by surprise. People didn't apologize to Fallon. And it wasn't warranted anyway, in her book.

"I don't mind being out here with you Cyrus. I'm just not sure why you wanted to attend though, if you truly are unhappy being here. Was it something expected of you...by the clan elders?"

Her arm was still crossed over his, and now she rubbed that arm with her other hand, in an attempt to sooth him as best as she could.

Having obligations was something she could understand, and might explain why he would go somewhere he really hadn't wanted to be.

"You are fine company, Cyrus. For me, just being with someone would be a treat...but to be here with you...someone I care about, and who treats me so well...is all the company I need."

And she did mean that, she realized. Even if they left now, without seeing any more of the party...she would be fine. She would wonder...what the rest of the party had been like, but she knew she wouldn't enjoy herself if she thought he wasn't as well.

"We can go, if you wish."
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus was unsure how to explain himself. He felt out of sorts and ansty, like something was wrong but he was unsure of what. That annoying prickling along the back of his neck simply would not fade. Deciding to ingore it for now he turned to Fallon.

"I had been hoping for something less political inside and more beautiful outside. Though since you are the most beautiful woman here, we should go in and show you off."

He was probably simply feeling catty. The urge to run off wild was strong as he had behaved himself quite a bit lately. For whatever reason the leopard simply needed time to play which he could neither control nor deny. The people inside would flip out though if Fallon came back with a large feline as a companion, so he restrained himself.

"Lets go find a table and something to eat, maybe that will improve my mood."

Offering up his arm he waved her to lead the way with his other hand.
Fallon 18 years ago
Ah...no wonder Fallon didn't really understand...anything involving politics was a subject she avoided. Though she voted in every election she was able to, and did research the candidates as well as the propositions, she always felt like for every good point one held, the other held another good point...just a different one. It was confusing for her, to say the least, but she felt she had to try and understand it, as part of her civic duty.

But when possible, she avoided it all. And here with Cyrus, especially since he didn't want to deal with it, she would continue.

His compliment to her made her blush heavily. Even growing up she knew she was okay looking...even being told otherwise. But no one had ever called her beautiful before. And as such, she didn't really believe him, but she did appreciate him making the effort to help her feel good about herself.

She briefly wondered if he was...well...horny. They hadn't spoken in much length or depth about such things, though she had to admit her own thoughts had strayed along those lines a few times...even with him in mind. Then his mention of eating had her wondering if he needed blood. He had told her that he needed to feed more than some. Maybe if she gave him a little of herself, it would calm him?

"Cyrus? Would it give you some peace to...uhm..."

And how did one offer up themselves as a snack? Fallon's only experiences in that arena had been to just take what she wanted. No one had ever walked up to her and said, 'Here...wanna bite?'

"You can feed from me, a little...if if would help you feel better..."

She had leaned up towards his neck, and spoken the words softly into his ear.
Cyrus 18 years ago
He cocked his head to the side as she spoke about feeding rather than walking to the party. It was such an amazingly generous offer, he was humbled.

"That must be the most generous offer any va...ry nice person has offered me."

He looked at her intently, wondering why she offered her own blood to him. Feeling confused and honored at her sugestion he realized that perhaps a bit would help settle him down some.

"You would not mind, honestly?"

He cast his golden eyes about the garden for signs of any other guests visiting it. Aside from a couple making their way back into the doors it appeared to be empty.

"We can simply go in and engage in mindless small talk over a bland over sauced meal. Somehow I can find the fortitude to not whine." He stated the last with a self depreciating smile. While a sip might help him he would hate to think Fallon thought she had to offer herself up to him.
Fallon 18 years ago
"Cyrus, you have done so much for me, and I can't give you much in return. But I can give you this. If it is something you would like, and that might help...it is I who would be honored."

Fallon was very happy he saw the action as one of importance. To her, it wasn't a grand thing. It was just part of her...and easily given. If she had it in her power to give him anything else, she would surely offer it.

"Afterwards, if you still want to go in and 'engage in mindless small talk', I'll be more than happy to accompany you."

She grinned at his mention of whining. She had never heard Cyrus whine, and the thought seemed silly.

She too glanced around the garden, and saw that they were now alone. Carefully she moved her hair back from her neck, and held it with a hand behind her head. Her other hand she rested lightly on his shoulder.

"Please?"
Cyrus 18 years ago
Intrigued by her smile and spurned on by the exposure of her neck he steered her to a large-ish tree and bent down to nuzzle her soft skin. The light scent of woman and some sort of hair product filled his senses.

He resisted the urge to rub all over her like a cat, marking her with his scent as if she was his playtoy. Still he took a minute to lightly kiss the intended spot of his bite as he planted his hands firmly on the tree behind Fallon. He did not want to muss her beautiful coif with any unexpected urges.

With a whisper he told her clearly.
"Thank you. I am honored."

As gently as possible his fangs sank into the portion of neck he had so gently kissed before. The first taste was sweet and made his ears buzz. Savoring the heady coppery flavor on his tongue he waited that half a second as the tiny wounds closed before swallowing the rich liquid. He lapped at the spot out of instinct, to get every drop and because her skin tasted good.

Wanting to curl up and purr happily he realized that his body was pressed very tightly to Fallon's. With a blush he realized that she could probably feel the hard press of his erection against her hip. Blushing like a youth he pulled himself upright and looked around the garden, willing the blood in his system to return to its normal locations.

Licking his lips his eyes made contact with hers again.
"Are you all right?"
Fallon 18 years ago
The look in his eyes caused Fallon's to close, so that when he moved her against the tree, she was only aware of his hands, and then the feel of his nose and lips along side her neck.

Feeling his hands lift from her body, she started to open her eyes to find out where he had gone. But his voice lulled them shut again, and she relaxed her back against the rough bark.

Before she felt anything further, she placed both of her hands on his hips, finding she had a need to not only hold onto something, but to still touch him. The action almost coincided perfectly with soft kiss he placed on her throat, and the following sting, as his teeth pierced into her skin.

She gasped involuntarily, and grabbed onto his sides more forcefully, as the sensations of such incredible pleasure washed over her. The only bad part of the experience, was the short duration. Fallon could only suspect that had he drunk more, and longer, she would no longer be standing erect.

And the next thought that entered her mind, as she opened her eyes and looked into his, was also along the lines of being erect...except this time it involved him, and the feel of a man that she hadn't felt in several months. She smiled knowingly, and slid her hands up the front of his chest.

"I am more than all right...do you feel better now?"

His chest was strong and hard against her hands, and she imagined how it would feel without the materials separating them. Her own heart felt near to bursting, so she tried to slow it down to the new, very lazy, beat it had taken on since her turning.

It was exciting to now know he still had stirrings of a man, and even more exciting to know he could feel that way with her. When she looked at him, she could tell her feelings had changed towards him somewhat.

She only hoped she could hide those feelings, and not say or do anything that might upset their relationship.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus enjoyed the feeling of Fallon's hands upon him. It was intriguing and lead to other thoughts. He could not remember the last time he had tasted another vampire, but this tasting felt like a fire burned through his veins.

Perhaps it was the look in her eyes, or her delicate hands upon his chest. All he knew is that he was going to push his luck just a bit more.

"I feel better, though I hope you don't mind just one more imposition."

Leaning into her one more time he brought his lips to hers. Comfortable that she knew he had large fangs in his mouth and that he had no need to hide them. His slightly opened lips gently caressed hers, hoping she would respond favorably and not smack him.
Fallon 18 years ago
So glad to hear her suggestion had been a good one, and that she had been able to offer him some relief, Fallon could only agree to whatever else he wanted. Even if he had decided he wanted to go home now, or take a run through the garden...she just wanted him to be happy.

She opened her mouth to say she would be happy, and he should feel free to impose, though she doubted whatever it was would be any imposition, but was stopped by the feel of his lips on hers.

"Of cor.....mmmmmm"

She closed her eyes, for to do anything else would have meant she'd be looking at him cross-eyed now. Besides, his kiss was making her feel all mushy inside, and she wanted to make sure nothing distracted her from that feeling.

His lips were soft, but firm, and instinctively her own mouth parted under his. Yearning to taste him, Fallon let her tongue wander into his mouth, mindful of his fangs. It seemed awkward for just a second or two, until she found there was plenty of room for the both of them in there.

Needing more, she twisted her hands around his neck, and pulled herself up into him, until she was flush against the front of his body, and could feel his hardness through their clothes. Gulping from excitement, her tongue slipped across the tip of his fang, and her own smaller fangs extended a bit. She wasn't sure if it was her blood, or his that she was tasting now, but whichever it was, the power of it scared her a little, and she pulled back.

"Did you really think I would deny you that, or deny myself...when it is given so freely, and with such concern?"

Her tongue ran itself over her lips, and she could yet taste blood. Her arms were still wrapped around his neck, and she considered him a bit longer.

"I...didn't think you thought of me in that way..."

'Hoped, yes...fantasized about, yes...but realistically considered, no.'
Cyrus 18 years ago
Taking in the feeling of her hands gripping him before they pulling him closer by tightening behind his neck. He was slightly shocked at her reaction and very befuddled by his. The delicate flick of her tongue dancing across his was like putting a spark to tinder. It fanned the flames burning and made him stroke his tongue along the back of her now extended fangs. The coppery flavor was the same as his prior mouthfull and he hoped his own fangs had not injured her.

His eyes were heavy but watchfull as she seperated slightly from him. Her comments expresed acceptance and some of his own confusion. Pulling himself together he tried to think logically about the situation and failed. With a puzzled frown and slightly tilted head he wondered how to express himself.

"I was not expecting that. Honestly I had no intention..." He trailed off as he became distracted by the feel of her body pressed against his own. Perhaps it was the blood he had just taken making him feel this way but he doubted it. Somehow Fallon's position in his mind had changed from fledgeling in need of protection and shelter to a possible vampire consort. The preconcieved notions were crumbling to dust.

Clearing his throat he took a step back. His hands left the tree finally to trail down her shoulders to grasp her hands gently. Quite unsure of what to say he simply gazed into her eyes, the desire in his own probably very evident.
"Perhaps we should return to the party and explore this in a more private location?"
Fallon 18 years ago
Had she not still seen something in his eyes, something that looked a lot like desire, Fallon would have been more than a little disappointed at his spoken retreat. But years of learning how to hide her disappointments stepped in now, so that the look she gave him in return was one of compassion.

She guessed he had probably just gotten caught up in the moment, and forgotten who he was with, thus, the kiss. So she wouldn't read anything more into the moment than she already had. The fear of losing his friendship meant much, much more to her, so the yearning inside her was quickly extinguished.

"It's okay, Cyrus...really. No harm, no fouls."

The slight crack in her voice was unexpected, and therefore unable to be prevented. But she quickly cleared her throat, and turned back towards the mansion.

Regaining her composure in seconds, another useful trait she had learned young, Fallon looked over her shoulder at him, smiled, and held her hand to him. At some point their hands had slipped apart, but she now wanted at least that much back.

"To the party, then?"

And afraid of what his 'exploring' later might reveal, Fallon made no further comments along those lines.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus realized immediately that his comments had hurt Fallon's feelings. The small catch in her voice was all he needed to hear. Explaining himself was not going to be easy but it was time. Together they walked hand in hand out of the garden and into the dining area. Gently directing Fallon to a quiet and empty table that was far enough away from the bar, dance floor and full tables to be slightly private.

Holding a chair out for her as he scanned the area. A waiter chanced to catch his eye and came over with two glasses of champagne. Cyrus spoke quietly to the man before taking his seat. His instructions were simple; no one was to bother them until dinner was served.

Seating himself next to his lovely date, he gently picked up her hand in both of his. His voice was quiet but calm as he looked into her dark brown eyes.

"When you look at me what do you see?"

"People in Nachton see a young man, spoiled by inheritance and indulged by society. Its one of the reasons I despise socializing with politicians and debutants. They feel more worldly and thus speak down. Its difficult to swallow most times, so I generally keep to myself as they lament of the youth of today."

Taking a sip of the sparkling wine he continued. "I have spent most of the last thousand years without the company of others. Since my childhood friend and maker met the dawn I slipped into the forest to find my own path. It has been long and difficult to amass the wealth and power to protect my lands and fellow leopards. When I realized that Temutai had been the one to pass along the voracious thirst I vowed never to turn another, resigning myself to living alone."

"Somewhere along the way I got the notion that only other older beings would appreciate my way of life. I became just as biased and pompous as the people that judge me. Discounting humans and fellow vampires because of their youth as unworldly or incapable of stirring deeper emotions within me."

His gaze was intense as he searched her face for understanding. "Somehow you just breached all my defenses and proven me wrong for the past five hundred years. And I have no desire to hurt you or take advantage of you in any way."

Raking his hand through his once neatly combed hair he wondered if he was making any sense at all.
Fallon 18 years ago
Thinking they were now just going to enjoy dinner, and maybe a dance or two, Fallon was feeling only slightly anxious. For the most part she found herself feeling the music as they entered the building.

Sitting down onto the chair Cyrus held for her, she sipped the champagne and blinked in surprise when he took her hand, and appeared so serious.

The question he asked, she almost answered, but then he continued so she sat and listened intently. She understood why he would feel the way he did, and knew she could have easily shut herself away from people, once upon a time, as well. In fact, when she had first come to Nachton, it had been with that thought. But her reasons differed from his. Having people speak condescendingly to her was something she had grown to expect.

It was when he began explaining the pain behind his decision to live a life of solitude, that Fallon's heart began to ache. And yet his explanation as to what he seemed to be looking for in a companion, made sense as well. It hurt, but only a little bit. Since he had never given her reason to think of him beyond a friend, she had gone along pushing any other feelings for him down...down...deep inside, until they only seemed to surface now, in her dreams.

When he stopped speaking, it took her a few seconds to notice. She had just heard him say something she thought was what she wanted to hear him say. But then, she wasn't sure if he quickly took it back, away from her again. Her eyes had fallen to his hands, but quickly flashed back up to his.

"I...breached your defenses?"

Did he think that was a good thing? Was he telling her now that he saw her in a different light...in a way that she had dreamed of?

Her heart leapt, and she completely forgot she was sitting in a room full of people. She reached across the small space between them, pulling her hand free, and putting them both around his neck. Her cheek pressed against his, as she managed to keep her voice soft.

"You could never hurt me Cyrus...or take advantage of me. You have done nothing but give of yourself to me since we met. And you've asked nothing of me in return! Why would you think that would change now?"

Pulling back she kept her face close to his, and kissed him tenderly, but briefly.

"You have been a good friend to me, and my affection for you has grown more and more each day...until now...

When I look at you...I see not only a man, very attractive in face and body, but one with a good heart...and soul. One that I find myself..."

Stopping for just a few seconds, Fallon rested her forehead against his chin, as she finished her sentence.

"...falling in love with."
Cyrus 18 years ago
Relief washed over him as she moved closer to him and spoke quietly. Her acceptance of him almost made his head shake, she was just so accomodating and she did not even realize it. The gentle touch of her lips to his once more had his blood pounding but it was the rest of her comments that touched him deeply.

"Love. It is such a foreign concept to me. I hope that I am not too set in my secretive and wild ways to learn. Will you be patient with me?"

His whole life and beliefs had been knocked askew. There was only Fallon to hang onto as everything went sliding off the edge into chaos. The biggest worry he had was that she would let go of his hand, leaving him flounding in the abyss.
Fallon 18 years ago
Could life truly be this blessed? Fallon knew nothing of relationships between men and women that didn't involve pain, and when she had begun to feel things about Cyrus, things she didn't believe he would return, she had all but blocked it from her mind.

Now he was telling her, she was pretty sure, that he wanted her, but wasn't sure he knew what to do about it. If she hadn't felt next to exploding with desire for him, she might have cowered in a corner, and just left him to figure things out for the both of them.

Yet it seemed that by his admission, he had somehow passed some strength onto her, and she felt as if she could be the one to help lead them onto this new path. The look of uncertainty in his eyes was what shook her. She knew then that in this instance it would be up to her to help him to learn it would all be okay.

"We are a pair, you and I...love is just as alien to me. So alien I still cannot trust what my mind says is happening."

Nor could she believe she had said what her heart felt. Fallon's thoughts weren't given away. To do that meant she was giving away a piece of herself, and opening herself up to just that much more pain and rejection. It was only with Cyrus she had begun to relearn these ways, and even as she still held fast to a bit of the fortress around her heart, she gladly let most of it fall.

"I can be most patient for you, dear man, and we can help each other to learn how to share this part of ourselves."

Her fingertips caressed his face, from temple, to jawline. The sense of safety she normally got from him, with a touch, she now sought to return.

"Before I do something inappropriate, do you think we might dance?"

Now that she knew it was alright to feel as she did, she wanted to feel him against her freely, as a man and woman...not a friend alone.
The Mayor 18 years ago
'More guests, fantastic...oh.' The Mayor in his exuberance to make his therapist happy and socialize more happened upon the couple in such excitement and abruptness, he neglected to check his manners.

'My apologies...just...being the good host. Also I seem to have lost something...' he looked around and then with a wide eyed look, bent over and picked up some sort of imaginary lost item, 'there, there. I found it. Wonderful! Excuse me! Carry on.' Clearing his throat, the Mayor backed away, leaving the couple alone again.

((ooc - Mayor in and out))
Cyrus 18 years ago
The lovely sensation of Fallon's fingertips gently tracing along his face made him want to purr. That is until the mayor had the audacity to blunder over to their table. How the man made it through the three rows of unoccupied tables, without annoying someone, Cyrus did not know.

Turning his head toward the man made two things very apparent, that the Mayor was a complete buffoon and that no one but the Mayor would view what Cyrus did next. Knowing that their somewhat dark corner and facing the light made his eyes slightly reflective he opened them wide. Then he snarled, barring his fangs completely and practically hissing at the man.

As the fool faked looking for something on the floor and scurrying off Cyrus blanked his face before looking at Fallon. He coughed into his hand, trying to hold back his laughter. Shoulders shaking he could take no more and swept his beautiful date up in a hug and laughed into her neck.

"Maybe we should dance before I do something really inappropriate." He mumbled into the soft skin.
Fallon 18 years ago
Startled by the sudden appearance of the strange man, who turned out to be the mayor, Fallon had to shake her head. She didn't know if he had drunk too much, truly been trying to meet with his guests, or just overall dim. But it wasn't until she thought she heard Cyrus make a noise at the mayor, that she allowed herself to laugh. She couldn't be sure, because he was turned away from her, but she almost thought she heard him snarl at the man.

And that reminded her...Cyrus could become a leopard...at will. Though she had known that for some time, until tonight she hadn't thought of certain ramifications that act might have.

Fortunately or not, he was now agreeing to dance with her, and doing delightful things along her neck with his breath. So thoughts of leopards were temporarily put on hold, and instead of asking more, she scratched behind his ear, gave his earlobe a tug with her teeth, and moved with him towards the dance floor.

"Now that really does make a person wonder who it is that votes these people into their positions. Maybe I shouldn't make judgements about people, based on a silly sixty seconds of fleeting activity, but it stands to reason that must be a reflection of a bigger part of the man, don't you think?"

Fallon had no idea why she was talking politics now, except that maybe it was something to talk about that wouldn't remind her of what Cyrus had just told her. And...how it felt to be with him now, as they were...not so much mentor and student any longer, but man and woman.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Standing with Fallon in his arms was interesting, but he made sure to keep in mind that they were in a very public setting. Chuckling at the political comments he finally released Fallon. "The man is a puppet to the clan. Thats how he got himself elected. And yes, he seems to be as dumb as he looked."

Chuckling softly he offered up his hand to Fallon in a courtly gesture. "Shall we dance?"
Fallon 18 years ago
With her best curtsey, Fallon took his hand, and walked onto the dance floor, and back into his arms.

"While it's true, I don't really know a lot about the other clans, aside from the fact that Anantya is associated with the mayor, I think we must belong to the best clan."

And she made the comment with a voice full of pride.

"But I don't see Mai here tonight, surely there must be other Anantya's here? Would it be out of line for me to ask, if there are, who they might be?"

Talking about the clan was something Fallon enjoyed. The more she knew about her new family, the more she thought she would feel a part of it.

And...it also seemed a safe subject to talk to Cyrus about, that wouldn't segue into anything 'dangerous'.