Splinters ((attn: Ginnie))

Standing naked in the bathroom, Alec looked at the beating he'd taken. Yup. He'd definitely have to get some pointers from Mathias before they did that again. The bruising extended across his entire right shoulder, upper arm and all along the ribcage. Luckily the ribs seemed to be single fractures, so no floating bones. The glass though...the glass sucked. Doing as best he could with the curvy salad tongs, Alec pulled shards of glass and wood from his side. His leg had been easy - very few bits got through the pants, but the sheer material of the top had been shredded. On the bright side, it probably meant that there was no fabric crammed back in the wounds - that was always a pain to sort out. Of course, some of the smaller cuts had sealed the tiny shards inside...that would be irritating to sort out since they would be at such awkward angles.

Ungh. *plink* Eeee... *plink* Ow *plink* Ah! Ah! *plink*

Leather was now officially required clothing for the Abattoir.

Looking at himself in the mirror, he'd managed to avoid any facial damage. That was good - a broken nose for a ball would have sucked. Hopefully the ribs wouldn't inhibit him too much at the event. Staring at the mass of scars on his stomach, he was glad that he didn't have to worry about further scarring. He scarred white, so it was always noticeable. And he had more than enough already. Still baffled at how Ginnie didn't seem to mind them, he continued his task.

*plink* *plink* Ow! *plink*

((ooc: plinking sound are sizable glass shards in the sink))

Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie tossed her coat and laptop on the kitchen table as she headed for the bedroom, the computer had told her Alec was home. She was relieved. They had a ball to attend and Ginnie really wasn't in the mood, but a promise was a promise.

*plink* *plink* Ow! *plink*

'What in the hell is he doing now?' She followed the noise into the bedroom and saw the light pouring from the bathroom. Curious she crossed the room and stood in the doorway watching a very battered Alec pull glass from his arm.

"Need a hand?"

She leaned against the door frame, fighting the smile trying to curl her lips. It never ceased to amaze her the amount of bizarreness her mate brought home.
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Smiling sheepishly at Ginnie over his shoulder, Alec nodded.

Yeah, some of those around back are a pain to get to...and here's a scalpel for the ones that have healed in. But you'll never guess what happened.

Chuckling to himself, it stopped quickly as Ginnie pulled out another of the good shards. The downside of healing quickly proved to be getting crap lodged under your skin that you later had to fish out.

Yeah, yeah, there was another bar fight at the Abby, no big deal. But guess who started it?
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Oh surely not you?" Sarcasm dripped from her words, and she was sure it would mix in with his blood and cause an infection. Kneeling behind him, she used the scalpel to open his skin where a small bump protruded. The half inch shard popped out and she caught it in her hand. It was as though the body was glad to be rid of it.

"You know these would have worked their own way out, but you wouldn't want to bleed and drop glass shards all over the Mayor's mansion."
Once again his laughter came up short as his body expelled the glass. It felt like really, really bad pimples being popped on his back.

Ow. Good one. And no...that would be most unseemly.

Shit. So much for my wearing white. Black ok with you?

And no. I blame Mathias. He bumped the first guy. I just wanted a nice quiet drink. Ok, and a couple of loud ones. We toasted you, you know.

Maybe it wouldn't come up who threw the first object. That would ruin his shot at the innocence claim. Alec had wanted to wear the white, but with how he was feeling, added to the fact he'd be pushing small shards, the black would be a safer bet.

Owww.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Black is fine."

Ginnie wasn't feeling terribly sorry for her lover's plight. He knew better and it was his own fault. Now Mathias, that was a surprise. There was a line right across his shoulder blade of raised bumps, she slid the scalpel in one long cut over the top of it, catching the shards as they fell.

"What was Mathias doing at the Abby?"
I'd imagine he was looking for a not so quiet drink and some time to himself and then things got...complicated. It seems like he has a lot to sort out at the moment since he and Ellis went way back I guess. I still don't understand how he couldn't see this as a possibility, but then I also don't have centuries of conditioning to overcome.

Wondering what else Mathias might have been about there, Alec shrugged. Probably the same things he had - to let off steam and to put his mind off his troubles.

I don't think the fight was entirely accidental. Probably destined to happen tonight. Lots of tensions are running higher than normal in clan and because of our disquiet spreading to the homeless. I think the storm could be hitting soon, and I don't think we're ready yet.

Feeling an idiot, he dulled his sense of touch. When had he started to automatically turn it up when he was at home with Ginnie?

That's better. Anyway...I just wish we had more of a clear picture of what was about to happen around us. I feel like the clan is on the defensive, whereas we're much better taking the fight to others.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"That pretty much sums things up, love. Shit has hit the fan and most of us are left no knowing wether to duck or run." Alec was going to need to feed before the ball. She should let him drink from her, seeing as she'd just fed herself. She'd mention it when they were finished. She ran her fingers slowly up and down his now bloody back, feeling for any more shards of glass. She found nothing more, and so licking her fingers, she turned her attention to his side. Gently she pressed her fingers along the fading bruises and felt where he'd broken several ribs.

"Damn, slick, somebody stomp on you?"

Chuckling, she found several bumps and went about slicing them open and catching the glass.
Ah...no. I did one of those ninja moves I've seen in the movies and landed at the feet of my target. I really ought to get some more training. I suck in fair fights. Oh, but I dropped a couple, so it wasn't all one sided. Getting better. Of course, I cheated to get both of them out of commission, but hey. No such thing as a fair fight.

Craning over his good side so she could better dig at him, Alec asked

Anything new on the work front? Or are we going to let things cool off a bit more?
Ginnie 18 years ago
She tossed her handful of glass into the sink and went back to his side, it looked a lot like he'd been throw into a shelf of booze, she wasn't going to ask, she didn't want the details. She pause now and then to lick blood from her fingers, she liked the taste of him, and it seemed such a waste to wash it down the drain or wipe it on a towel.

"I tested the bullets today, they don't work right, I need to find a way to get them spinning faster sooner. The techs are doing a great job of restocking the Vault. Talked with Carol."

She removed six shards from under his nipple, and moved gingerly over his broken ribs. "Did you best the scanner?"
Frowning, Alec shook his head, lifting his arm up so she could get to any stragglers in his armpit.

No...the damn techies did good work. I can get past it, but not reliably enough for actual work. The scan is too fast and efficient. I need to figure a way to get through its override without the trigger resetting. Honestly, it is an excellent piece of gear. I feel bad about smashing that first one, but...uh...it was necessary. For research purposes.

In actuality, he'd gotten so frustrated that he knocked a small safe off of the table and onto the optical unit. Of course, that little "breakthrough" had been what revealed several key vulnerabilities to exploit. At this point he'd take the progress where he could get it.

Smiling at her "work clothes", he was glad she hadn't dressed for the event. He'd hate to have bled all over her nice dress. Rubbing his tender nipple, he winced. He'd read a book with someone who died of complications from an infected nipple. Creepy.

But no...not yet. And no, I don't need a new replacement for this one, yet. Still in good working order.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"An accident huh? Sure I believe that." She ran her fingers over his chest, side, arm pit, and back. She didn't find any other bumps and reached into the linen closet for a washcloth. The temptation to lick him clean was very very great, but they really didn't have that kind of time.

"You seem glass free. I want to clean some of this up and check again. Then you need to shower and we'll wrap your chest in gauze so that you don't give anyone a wet hug. Also you should feed. I have two blood bags in the fridge or," She just couldn't resist any longer, and as she put water on the cloth, she licked the blood from his nipple, then whispered, "You can drink from me."

Ok that probably wasn't a good idea, becuase then she'd want to drink from hima nd then they'd burn a lot of time in the bed when they should be heading to a party. 'Eh, no one will miss us.'
Letting his sense of touch slip back to normal as she was rubbing him down, Alec smiled. He was a bit sore, but most of that was the ribs now. The cuts weren't bad, but they'd be itchy later.

I feel glass free. Thank you, love. And I should feed, huh? Well, if the doctor orders. I don't mind being a bit late...but it looks like you could use a shower, too. Where were you? It looks like there's a bit of bird ish on your scrubs...ah. Up on the roof?

Pulling her closer by the ties on her pants, Alec smirked. He was getting used to being naked around her, but he preferred it immensely more when she was naked as well...even with the clumsiness it inspired in him. Misreading her trip to the roof, he continued.

Don't worry, you'll get your spin all figured out. Just a matter of time.

Trailing a finger down her cheek, he spread his hand along her jawline as he kissed her.

You're just too smart and sometimes you forget that some problems are just hard. Even for you. You'll see your way through it.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Aw, how sweet. She should tell him why she was really up there, but his lips felt so good against her's and she didn't want him to stop. She slid her bloody fingers up through his hair and pressed him more firmly to her. She was going to need a new pair of Hello Kitty scrubs. Moaning softly, she slid her tongue into his mouth, drinking him in.
"See, it pays off to be the nice guy." Wincing a bit as she pressed him closer, he ignored the discomfort. It was simply worth it, given the circumstances.

Pulling lightly on the strings, her pants fell to the floor. Sliding his arms around her, he moved into her kiss more fully, reaching around for the ties at her back. Giving them a similar treatment, he ran his hands across the smooth, milky skin of her back, holding still a moment. That was nice. Squeezing her softly with his good arm, he leaned back. Looking a bit mischievous, he asked

Fashionably late, then?
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Is there any other way to arrive?" Grinning she returned her mouth to his, and molding her body to him. They would shower after he fed. A small bending of knees and a bounce and she had her legs wrapped around his battered body. Pulling from his mouth she nipped at his earlobe with her fang and whispered.

"Forgive my cliche...Take me to bed, Alec."

Chuckling she plunged her tongue deep into his waiting mouth.
Wincing again at the pulling pressure on his torso, he held her close to him as he waddled them over to the bed, taking it slow through the doorway so as to not bump her knees. Leaning down, he smirked at her remaining clothing. Keeping her legs where they were, wrapped tightly around his hips, he laid her gently on the bed, disengaging her arms.

Now, this simply won't do. All of those little kittens staring up at me. Enough to give a man a complex. Off they go...

Pulling lightly at the fabric, he slipped the scrubs up her arms easily. Moving his hips suggestively, he leaned over her, trailing kisses up her arm and to her neck where he nipped lightly.

And we wouldn't want to spill on the shirt, either, now would we?

Lifting her back up, he refused to grunt and let the pain show. Sliding his arms up under her shirt and along her back, he squeezed her tight to him, lightly licking her ear, then kissing her quickly and sliding her shirt up and with a little assistance, off. Grinning wickedly, he quipped

No bra? Did you have this planned, Miss Kavanagh?

as he set her rear back down on the bed. Disengaging her arms again, he smiled, holding her hands as she lay back, hair spread out around her in waves and ripples. Shaking his head, he ran one hand over her stomach, a breast and to her neck and under, sighing

Who decided you could be so lovely? Hardly fair at all. How can I help but want you?

Leaning down, he kissed her lightly on the forehead, pleased that he'd remembered to speak in English.
Ginnie 18 years ago
"Of course I did. The sexy Hello Kitties should have proved that." Her chuckle became a moan as his fingers ran over her body. A small drop of blood from his neck fell on her lip as he kissed her. A shudder ran through her as she licked it off. She wanted him desperately. One would think they had not known each others bodies just twenty-four hours ago. She moved against him, the tiny swatch of black lace between them irritated her just a tad, he would get to it and she would be patient.

She looked up at him, as he settled his body against hers, her love for him still amazed her and she smiled softly as he pressed his lips to hers.
At her movement around his waist, he felt all of the tiny, almost invisible hairs on his back and neck stand up. Even with his sense of touch dulled, he still responded rapidly to her siren's touch. Opening his sense to the flood of her tactile emotions, he drank deeply of them. Normally, he'd want to draw out and savor this moment, but the lingering affects of the adrenaline and the now apparent pain had him a bit on edge - sharper, more focused, more driven. Continuing to hold her hand he slid the other between their bodies, sliding the black lace aside and lightly massaging her lips with his fingers while teasing her button with his thumb. Surprised at how ready she already had been, Alec smiled. Getting confirmation that your lover feels the same way that you do is always a wonderful thing. Pulling his hand back, he laced his fingers with hers as he slid home between her legs, exhaling forcefully with pleasure.

Wanting to respond, he found that he couldn't - that part of his brain wasn't getting its fair share of blood at the moment. He'd check back later.
Ginnie 18 years ago
Ginnie moaned and wriggled as his fingers played with her most intimate parts. She loved when he did that and was a tiny bit disappointed when he stopped, that was until he entered her. She cried out with the pleasure of it, and wrapped her legs around his waist, to allow him an even deeper access.

She moved with him, in the steady seeking rhythm he set. Unlacing her hand she turned her head to the side and pulled his face to her neck. She was close to that white hot edge and the anticipation of his bite had her breath coming short fast pants.
No casual play this evening...this was...more primal. Opening himself further to both the pleasure and the pain, Alec thrusted fast and hard, letting their raw passion rule this particular evening. As his internal tension built, he altered his hearing, letting the tapestry of sound become more detailed around them - their breathing, the sounds of their bodies moving toward a common goal, the deep sound of the bed against the wall, the lighter brushes of flesh on sheets, the flow of the air through the room, the beating of their hearts coming closer to synchronicity. Hissing slightly through his teeth in anticipation, he continued the rhythmic motion of their bodies, seeking the nearby parallel.

Suddenly, the tapestry changed - the breaths were the same, the beats were the same, Ginnie's low moan counterpointed his own...the discord was gone. Throwing open his senses, he bit down, hard. As he swallowed the first mouthful of her living liquid, his hips spasmed powerfully, causing a slight involuntary gasp and a light cough to send the trickle of misplaced blood back to the surface. Continuing to thrust, he let his mouth fill once more as her body began to heal the small punctures, as total rapture folded around him.