Tux's, chiffon and reporters...

Simon sat with his hands in his pockets as he watched Carol fuss with the ankle strap of her shoe. He should've known she'd trap him into watching her dress for this charity ball...thing. Not that he minded, really, considering all she was wearing were the ankle strap shoes.

Simon smiled.

Carol held up two dresses, switching them back and forth in front of her.

Simon frowned.

'They're both nice.' Wrong answer #1.

Carol 18 years ago
'Nice?'

Carol stomped her foot at Simon who was leaning up against her desk in her office. She saw the smile on his face fall when she brought out the two dresses. Up until that point she just had on some lotion and her strapped heels.

Men.

'Nice? This is Vera Wang, baby. You don't say nice to Vera. You say fucking awesome.' She looked down at the dresses and threw one to the side. 'You're useless to me, you know.'

Carol had been trying to decide between a cocktail dress or a floor length but decided on the knee length cocktail dress that had a beaded belt and chiffon layered hem. It was sheer and felt as light as a feather. The bodice was gathered and hugged her breasts. Looking decidedly better on her than the model that was wearing it in the store, she tucked her breasts into the top, showing off ample cleavage.

'Here.' Carol turned and backed up to Simon at the desk. 'Redeem yourself and do my zipper. WAIT! Are your hands clean?' She narrowed her eyes at Simon who was poised to zip her.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova leaned on the front desk, blowing air out between her teeth and drumming her fingers. Simon had asked her to bring Kyle by and she had done as ordered…now she just had to find him.

She had a feeling things were going to get weird.

Deciding it would be better to call ahead rather than wander around with Kyle, she pulled out her phone and hit the speed dial for Simon.

She realized, then, that Ellis was still on her phone contacts.

Geez, talk about weird.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Simon crossed his arms as Carol ranted about his shameless Vera Wang etiquette when her computer chirped. He leaned back and checked the screen.

Carol had scooted up in front of him when he leaned back and admonished his hands. 'Yes, dear. They're clean. The only place they've been is on you.' Simon chuckled as she glared at him. 'By the way, Nova and Kyle are here.'

Simon put his hands on Carol's back and found the zipper hidden in her clothes. He slid off the desk and stood close behind her, smelling her hair as he slowly zipped her up.

'There,' he said. He took her by the hand and spun her around. The bottom half the dress flared up showing off her tone golden legs. Simon felt his chest tightened just looking at her. How he never noticed her until recently, he'd never know.

Bringing her hand to his lips, he kissed it gently. 'Alright, let's go scare the hell out of Mr. Evans, shall we?'
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Fucking creepy.

Those were Kyle's first thoughts as Nova directed their car towards the slaughterhouse on the very wrong side of town.

'Lovely,' he murmured as they exited. Nova seemed to be leading him through a maze of broken buildings and rubble when suddenly she stopped. He looked at her strangley as they entered a small shack covered in dirt and graffitti markings.

They apparently were going down. Way, way down. Nova had seemed very no nonsence since they left Duibne. He was confused about what transpired between them and he assumed that's what was bugging her. Deciding it was best to give her space, he leaned against the elevator wall listening to the loud silence.

The elevator stopped and the doors opened again. Stone columns. 'Huh,' he said curiously. Following Nova down the hallway, it opened up into a large circular lobby and the stone blended into shiny steel. Nova fidgeted with her phone when a door to his right opened.

He heard the tell tale tinkle of Carol's laughter and suddenly the doorway was filled with a man slightly taller than himself. Kyle looked at him, head to toe. Brown hair and hooded hazel eyes. There was no expression in it...at all, but he recognized it. How could he not? The silent rescuer of Ellis who curiously came out of the warehouse by himself.

Suddenly Kyle's mind reeled back to the exploding warehouse and the crumbled vampire on the ground, burning in the sun. This man. He was different. This wasn't the Simon he met briefly in the burning inferno. That was a man with a burden on his shoulders that outweighed his soul.

This one...

The man walking towards him now stood about six foot four, maybe five and wore an impeccable Armani suit. Black slacks and matching v neck with a light gray silk jacket over it. This man moved with a liquid grace he hadn't seen before or had he? No...Kyle thought to himself, this vampire was old, way older than Nova.

This man was clearly the leader.

'Simon...' Kyle whispered.
Carol 18 years ago
Simon kissed her hand and, god damnit, she blushed. He had that affect her on and she loved it. He gave her that smile that he reserved only for her as he opened the door and she couldn't help but giggle.

Wow, she loved this man.

She followed him out the door but stayed just behind him as Simon greeted Nova and Kyle. Carol came up behind him and peeked from behind his left shoulder, encircling her arm with his.

Kyle seemed...taken aback almost. She found it curious. Kyle stared at Simon as they closed the distance. Simon stopped a few feet from them and it was silent in the lobby. The ventilation system kicked on and it was the only noise. She matched the humming of the vents, hiding her mouth behind Simon's left arm.

Carol's eyes flicked back and forth between Nova and Kyle. They were a cute couple, even if they were denying it.

Finally she said, 'Hi Kyle.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova clicked off her phone and shot Simon a big grin as he approached, raising her eyebrows at Carol and looking them up and down.

“Nice digs.”

Being deliberately oblivious to the various stages of ‘dressy’ but observant enough to think that Carol’s dress was particularly nice, she ventured a guess.

“Going somewhere, er?”

Breaking off that open ended question, she looked from Kyle, to Simon, and back to Carol, thinking there was probably no need for introductions or anything and finding she was unsure of what to do with herself.

She also sort of hoped the whole ‘necking with Kyle in the hospital room’…thing…wouldn’t come up.

“So, here he is. Should I, er…” She waved her hand in a gesture that seemed to indicate that she was asking if she should break into an inexplicable interpretive dance, then clarified with a somewhat mumbled: “…leave you guys alone? Take a hike?”
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
'Kyle you look positively green. I hope you're feeling up to going out with us tonight.'

Simon felt Carol at his arm and he glanced down at her. She looked like a princess in her gown. Looking back at Nova, Simon said, 'You better go and get dressed and meet us out front in about an hour.'

Simon gave him an unusually warm smile.
'I just wanted to thank you for what you did. I know you didn't have to, but I appreciate it...all things considered. We'll talk more at the charity ball, there are clothes in Nova's apartment waiting for you.'

He held his hand out to Kyle, wondering if he'd actually take it.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle tried to form words but was feeling overwhelmed. Here it was, a full fledge vampire...a really really old vampire right before him. When Simon held his hand out, Kyle automatically reached out and took it. Simon's grip was strong and confident. The man was thanking him for saving his life and all he could do was gape like a fish.

When he let go of Simon's hand, Carol peeked out from behind his shoulder with glittering blue eyes. She was like a tension breaker in an otherwise very awkward situation. Kyle cracked a grin at the blonde and then realized just why she was crying the way she had been during the warehouse fire. Fancy that, he thought to himself.

Kyle looked over at Nova at Simon's offer of clothes and a charity event. Feeling a little more at ease, he nudged Nova and offered her a cheeky grin.
'So show me your place, sweet pea.'
Carol 18 years ago
Carol grinned at Nova and then came out from behind Simon's arm. 'Right then, go get dressed, we'll meet back here and then we're off!'

She grabbed Simon by his arm, leading her back to her office.
'Don't think for a minute you're wearing a suit to a black tie event, mister. I've been shopping, let's not let it all go to waste.'

Carol took Simon by the hand and led him through her office door, giving Nova a wink as they exited.

((Simon and Carol out - pending any response from nova))
Nova 18 years ago
Nova blinked at the mention of getting dressed, seeing as how, unless she had made some very embarrassing error, she already had clothes on. Her misgivings only increased when words like ‘charity event’ were thrown around…what the hell had she missed?

She was starting to suspect she was being railroaded into something that was…so not cool.

Kyle, on the other hand, was taking this all in stride, which was all well and good for –him-. All he had to do was put on whatever clothes were in her apartment and show up. Nova, on the other hand, was liking the sound of ‘get dressed’ less and less.

“Sure thing. One hour. Got it.”

Somewhat mystified by Carol’s pronouncement that Simon was going to need to change as well, but feeling better at the same time, she turned to Kyle and scowled at his icky term of endearment.

“Keep it up Evans. Just keep it up.”

With that, she headed for the elevators, assuming Kyle would follow. She gave the order to go to her residence and leaned against the back of the elevator with something like a sigh.

“That was interesting.”

She wondered what else the night had in store for the two of them. It seemed she was expected to stick around, though, and at least that meant she wouldn’t miss anything.

They got off on her floor and she palmed the screen beside her door, feeling the familiar sensation of the needle pricking her skin, and opened the door to her apartment.

It had the look of someone living out of their suitcase; sparse, with items strewn about randomly and nothing affixed to the wall. She lived like a bachelor and it showed. A couch that resembled something out of the seventies sat at a crooked angle in the living room. A half taken apart alarm clock was spread out over a small round table in the kitchen next to a box of fruit loops. A flannel shirt was draped over a lamp and bottles of liquor lined the entire counter top.

Nova, not the least bit embarrassed about living like a pig, gestured Kyle inside.

“Well, let’s see what we’re dealing with.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
'Nova...,' Kyle looked around and paused, deep in thought. Finally he added, 'Nova, you're even more of a pig than I am. I mean...wow Nova, god.'

He walked over to the couch and poked at it, then made his way over to the kitchen and looked inside the box of fruit loops and made a face. Kyle tripped on something as he made his way back to the lamp and took off the flannel.

'This is a fire hazard, you know.' He threw the flannel on the couch and laughed. 'God...let's get married or...hire a maid...maybe.' Then it occured to him and he covered his mouth.

'Dear god, what does the bedroom look like? I'm going to look!' Kyle sprinted for the stairs.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave a careless shrug at Kyle’s assessment of her dwelling, though she was tempted to shove the lamp he had declared a fire hazard right up his nose at the mention of the ‘m’ word.

Guy had a death wish, god.

She watched him go up the stairs, taking the opportunity to check out his ass before she even thought it over, then followed him up to her bedroom.

One could almost mistake the multicolored pattern on the floor for carpeting, but nope, that was just tee shirts all over the floor. The bed was, of course, unmade, though the forest green flannel sheets were reasonably clean. Her laptop sat on her bedside table, and a garment bag hung on the closet door, presumably containing the promised clothes for Kyle.

She made a path through the tee shirts to the closet and took the bag down, tossing it on the bed, and walked inside, turning on the light as she went.

Let’s see. Tee shirts. Tee shirts. And…more tee shirts. The pants suit she had worn to the art gallery showing still hung in her closet, and she wished she hadn’t been too lazy to bother getting it cleaned.

“Well. Fuck.”
Carol 18 years ago
'I KNEW IT! In the bedroom already.'

Carol smiled at the doorway into the bedroom while holding a garment bag in her arms. She strutted past Kyle who was standing in awe of the mess and into the walk in closet with Nova.

'Uh uh, girl. Step away from the t-shirts. I bring you all that you need.' Carol pushed the one or two shirts that were actually on a hanger and then hung the bag up. Unzipping it revealed one of her prize possessions.

'I give you...the mother load. Should fit you, if not, I got a seamtress waiting for us in the lobby.' Carol looked over her shoulder, back at Kyle. 'But don't rush on our account. We'll see you...when we see you.'

With a wink Carol exited.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave the garment bag a wary look and poked it once with her finger before waving an absent goodbye to Carol and thanking her somewhat skeptically. She spared Kyle a look, eyebrows raised, and unzipped the bag, pacing in front of what she found inside.

“Er.”

She gingerly pulled the long white gown out of the bag, momentarily taken in by the strange swishy noise it made, and held it out at arm’s length, laughing nervously.

“Yeah…right…that’s gonna happen…”

She decided she was happy to stay in denial for a minute longer, though she was well aware that it was either this or face the wrath of both Simon and Carol.

“Good grief.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle gave the dress an appreciative whistle from the doorway of the closet but slipped away before Nova could kill him with her eyes. He walked over to his garment bag that was hanging on the wall and he pulled the zipper down.

'Nice,' he commented. Classic tuxedo style but with a white jacket. 'I'm going as James Bond. Hey,' he called out, 'does that make you my Bond girl because that implies sex, you know.'

Kyle grinned and pulled off his shirt, heading towards what he hoped was the bathroom. Peeking in he was relieved to see that it was quite clean and only the towels were hanging haphazardly on the towel rods. The bathroom was huge, as was the entire apartment. Kyle wondered just how large the Domicile actually was and how many vampires resided in it.

Walking in he saw a man's grooming kit and he poked inside it. Razor, shaving cream, moisturizer and other oddities that he'd need to smell all pretty for where ever they were going. Shrugging, Kyle disrobed and pushed open the shower door.

A few minutes of standing in scalding hot water and Irish Spring which actually made him giggle, much to his dismay, and he was out toweling off. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he ventured out again into the bedroom to search for underwear.

'Hey where can a guy get some BVD's around here?'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova turned to shoot a glare at Kyle’s take on the dress, but he was already running for his life, as well he should, and so she returned to poking at the gown inside the bag. She heard the shower running just as she managed to get the dress off the hanger and onto the bed, inspecting the included slip with a dubious expression.

She still had one hand on her hip, glaring down at her ensemble, which now included white converse all stars and socks along with a pair of lime green and neon pink striped boy short style underwear, when Kyle came out of the bathroom.

She tried to remind herself that it was very very wrong to molest mostly naked reporters, but self discipline had never been a strong suit of hers.

‘Bad Nova. Bad!’

Yeah…that didn’t work. It was only the realization that Kyle had asked a question while she was busy checking out his abs that pulled her out of her reverie.

“What kind of girl do you think I am? Think I keep a drawer so that my harem of hot built young men will have something to wear when they’re done entertaining me?” She snorted. “As if I would be so considerate.”

She realized she was rambling and sounded somewhat giggly in her ears but was too busy thinking about how it would be nice if that towel slipped down just a little bit more to worry about it. Tearing her eyes away, she poked around in Kyle’s garment bag, checking out the tux.

“Heh, this is pretty pimp.”

Grinning, she fished around a little more until she came to a hanger in the very back.

“And…wait for it…ah, here we are, looks like Carol thought of everything.”

She gave him a saucy wink, finding seeing Kyle almost naked had improved her sulky mood a good deal, and moved passed him toward the bathroom, still hot and steamy from his shower.

Yeah, she gave his ass a light slap along the way, but that wasn’t so much molesting as…being friendly. That’s right.

“Guess I’d better get cleaned up too.”

She walked into the bathroom and closed the door, taking in the sight of unfamiliar boy stuff and deciding that it was vaguely domestic in a very disturbing sort of way. A little unnerved, she stripped and stepped into the shower, deciding to reassert her complete and total dominance of her apartment by singing at the top of her lungs as if there was no one there to hear her while she washed up.

“I need a fix 'cause I'm going dowwwwwwn
Down to the bits that I left uptown
I need a fix cause I'm going down
Mother Superior jumped the gun

Happiness is a warm gun
Happiness is a warm gun mama….”

Realizing she didn’t remember the rest of the words, she trailed off and rinsed out the Pert plus from her hair, scrubbing up with her Irish Spring while she cast about for another song to sing and settling for a good old fashioned show tune.

“You're never fully dressed
Without a smile!

Your clothes may be…something something…
….They stand out a mile --
But Brother,
You're never fully dressed
Without a smile!

Who cares what they're wearing
On Main Street,
Or…something something…
It's what you wear from ear to ear
And NOT FROM HEAD TO TOE…

So, Senator,
So, Janitor,
So long for a while
Remember,
You're never fully dressed
Without a smile!”

Okay, so she wasn’t exactly sure of all the words on that one either, but she didn’t think her big record deal was going to fall into her lap right this minute and didn’t sweat it. Instead she turned off the shower and stepped out, indiscriminately dripping water everywhere, and grabbed a towel to wrap around her waist. She used a second towel to attack her hair before digging up the shiny spray crap out of the back of the medicine cabinet. Once her hair had junk in it and was combed, she draped the second towel over her shoulders in an attempt at decency and stepped out of the bathroom.

“How are we on time?”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle, still in his towel, stood in the middle of the bedroom with his eyes shut tight. Really, really tight. Whenever Nova would hit a high note, his shoulders would tighten and shudder. 'Oh dear, god.' He put his hands together in prayer, thanking God when she finally stopped.

'Gosh,' he said opening his eyes as she came back into the room. Turning he said, 'And you can sing too! Who...,' he stopped when his eyes hit the towel draped over her shoulders, somewhat, although not quite, covering her breasts. 'Hmm,' he murmured.

Kyle took a step towards Nova and smiled.
'Well, I'm not really wearing a watch.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova straightened her shoulders and squeezed at her hair, continuing to drip water on the floor, and grinned.

“Yep, I can sing. And you’re not dressed…”

She trailed off as Kyle moved closer, wondering what in the hell she had to complain about. The tension she had tried to sing off in the shower came back full force, and she raised her eyebrows for a moment, thinking that they were going to be late and that was just embarrassing, she hated being late under any circumstances, but this was so fucking obvious, and then she was stepping forward, closing the distance between them and circling Kyle’s wrists with her fingers, leaning close to speak roughly in his ear.

“Maybe I should check.”

She gave Kyle a rough nip to the side of his neck and pushed them back until Kyle’s legs hit the back of the bed, switching her grip on his wrists before giving a final push to land them both on the springy mattress. Straddling his hips, the towel around her waist not providing much in the way of coverage any more but still there, she laced her fingers with Kyle’s and pushed his hands above his head.

“Hmm…” She ran her thumbs over the smooth insides of Kyle’s wrists… “…nope…no watch…”

She leaned forward, still grinning, her damp hair falling down around them and tickling at her arms. “…I guess we’re screwed…” Hovering over Kyle for just a moment, she moved those last centimeters and sucked his lower lip between her teeth and tugged.
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
He kept having to remind himself that he was the boy and not like being man handled by a woman but...god he really did like it when Nova did it. He jumped a little when she grazed his neck with her teeth but part of him was strangely fascinated by it. He was about to get it on with a vampire.

Kyle was momentarily distracted from that thought as he fell back onto the bed. Nova's hair spilled forward and she said something rather dirty. So dirty that he happily complied with the roughness. He did decide, however, that it was time to take back control.

Untangling his fingers from hers, Kyle reached up and took hold of her face, pulling her the rest of the distance, that distance being a breath away, and kissing her deeply. His tongue touched hers and his teeth grazed her lips. He'd tease her, pulling his mouth away, making her come for it, breathing heavily as his hips bucked up towards her with nothing separating them but a bit of towel. Kyle decided to fix that.

He grabbed the towel from around her neck and pulled it off. Sitting up he roughly took her by the waist and pulled her closer into his lap, all the while his teeth and lips teasing hers. Kyle ripped their towels off so nothing was between them. Rolling her over, he pinned her to the bed, sliding up in between her legs. His mouth trailed down her throat and in between her breasts. Running a tongue along the curve of her breast, his mouth captured her nipple and he assaulted it with every vigor possible.

Kyle whispered savagely,
'Sweet Jesus,' as he ravished her body.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova growled into the kiss, her nails digging into the back of Kyle’s hands while their hips grinded together, her mouth hot and wet and hungry over his, devouring the taste of him and feeling the rough scrape of his stubble against her chin.

She hissed when he yanked the towel off her shoulders, finding the violence he managed to put into that action strangely exciting. Moving with him when he sat up, she slid easily into his lap, managing not to break the kiss even as multi tasking began to break down and they were as much panting into each other’s mouths as kissing, open and greedy and warm. Their towels disappeared with the same force as the one around her neck, and she almost wished she was wearing more for Kyle to rip off. She had the fleeting thought that maybe he could rip that damn dress off her later, but god, the last thing she wanted to think about was ‘later’. Later was the time for weirdness and uncomfortable, obligatory phone calls, or no calls at all, just laughable attempts at erasure, and that was certainly no fun to think about when one found themselves on their back in a bed half cluttered with evening clothes and the promise of thrills breaking through a leather hard surface of tension.

No, Nova thought it was worlds better to wrap her legs around him, to shudder a little at the feel of his tongue trailing down her bared throat, to curse under her breath as he made his way down, sliding over sensitive skin. She hissed as her fingernails dug into his shoulder, a clear enough response to his roughness, and she wondered if that would encourage him or make him ease off. Her hips rolled against his, her firm thighs squeezing tight around him, but she still managed a breathless laugh at Kyle’s muttering.

“Yeah, for reals.”

Her smile faded to clenched teeth, her fangs pushing slightly into her lower lip. She wondered for just a moment if perhaps it was time to ‘take back the top’, so to speak, considering Kyle had just been released from the hospital and maybe all this excitement wasn’t good for him and fuck, that wasn’t good, was it? That was bad on so many levels and he was doing this brilliant thing with his tongue and she just didn’t want to think about anything other than that, so she tilted her head back, arching upward to meet Kyle’s teasing mouth and teeth and hands.