Roof Top Contemplation (private)

Ginnie stood staring at the door Carol had just exited. So much rested on that one human's shoulders. It was unreal to her how Carol still had a smile, a bounce and bubbles to blow. She wondered if the pressure would break the woman or make her stronger, she hoped for the latter. Sighing she pulled her blackberry from her lab coat and entered a brief text message. Right now, Ginnie had another matter to attend and she wanted to be alone for a while.

Slipping off her lab coat she placed it on a hook and took her coat, hat and scarf from another. She let herself out and set the door to "secure" which meant that there was only two ways that door would open, from the inside, so long as no one was standing on the outside, or with Ginnie's exact weight when setting the door, her retinal scan, left hand print, DNA and the password. Ginnie was feeling just a little paranoid and it was better than coming back to find er techs dead and her lab empty.

As she walked to the exit stairs she put on her coat over her Hello Kitty scrubs, and slipped the blackberry into it's pocket. She liked the Hello Kitty scrubs, gave a nice sense of Irony to what she was doing when she wore them. She also had a set of looney tunes, Dora the Explorer and Spongebob Squarepants. The Dora ones made her giggle just about the entire time she was conducting tests.

A few minutes of stair climbing had her on the roof of Duibne Industries. There wasn't much but a helo-pad up here and it was a good place for self-examination.

Ginnie found a shadow darkened spot of the roof ledge and settled down, her feet dangling over the sides. She pulled her hat down further on her head and wrapped her scarf over her mouth and nose. Then settled into wait.

Ginnie 18 years ago
Her mind wandered over all that had happened in the last few days. There was a lot of blood on her hands that shouldn't be and some that should be was missing. Their leader was dead, Simon was taking over, Carol had become something other than property, and Ginnie was in the thick of it all. Oh sure, she could hide away in her lab and make her little toys, and give them to the Mercs, but to what end. Was she arming them to help defend their Clan or to revolt against it? Was she aiding the enemy? The drugs still needed to be made so newly turned still needed to be hunted and the Mercs still needed weaponry to do that.

Her weaponry.

Would they use it against Simon? It could maim an Elder just as readily, if not as fatally, as a newly turned. Would they stand by his side and show the world that we are still Tacharan, our loyalty is to the Clan and not just to some evil sadistic woman who ruled only by fear? Ginnie was in the middle, she just didn't know which side of the middle was the least likely to get anyone killed.

Soft foot steps made tiny crunching sounds on the gravel of the rooftop. The person making them, hadn't had to, she chose to. Raven was a know assassin and was used by Ginnie on numerous occasions. Ginnie didn't have the authority to use a higher ranked assassin, and Raven could be careless sometimes, but that was not the use Ginnie had for her this evening.

"Hello Raven."

"Ginnie." The accent was thickly Brooklyn and made Ginnie's eardrums quiver, it was almost like nails to a chalkboard, luckily Raven didn't talk much.

"I need your help."

"Big surprise. Who's the mark?"

Ginnie sighed. This could be awkward, but then again, she had no other choice, not if her relationship with Alec meant anything to her. She wondered what her creepy thin man was up to at the moment. 'Probably still trying to break that scanner.'

"No mark. This is a personal favor." Ginnie had need of Raven's other oddities, not her skills as an assassin.

"No shit?"

"No shit. I have a problem, that I can't take care of on my own. Think you can handle it?"

"'Pends. What's the deal, Ginnie. This ain't your style. You need to out with it, or I'm gunna walk."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a strange request and requires some personal information."

"Love lives suck. Need me to kill the creepy Cajun?"

She laughed. Leave it to this woman to put things so, bluntly. "No, I don't. Ok here's the deal. I bit a vamp to save my life. It changed him in the head. He came to me and asked me to bite him again. I did, mostly because it saved me a hunt, but also because he looked so pitiful. Now I need to find him another biter. You and I use some of the same lure when hunting, so I know you can do for him what I did."

"You also know I prefer to feed on vamps. So that's it? You want me to take your junkie?"

"Yeah, can you?"

"'course I can. I was scouting for a new bleeder anyway. But Ginnie, a word of advice."

Ginnie sighed softly, that had been much easier than she'd thought, so she wasn't surprised by the but.

"Shoot."

"Next time, don't leave the poor guy in the middle of a hall covered in his own jizz and half out of his mind. It's not pretty and he lost some cred. Show a little respect for the little guy."

"But."

"I didn't know it was you, till just now. No one does, he wouldn't say. Kept saying he didn't want to talk about it, cause it was too personal. He said, 'I'm going to her again, so it don't matter.' Who's telling him that he's not going?"

So much for not a lot of talking. Ginnie knew Raven was right, but she was hoping that she'd never have to see the big blonde Merc again. C'est la vie.

"I will. Tell him to come to my lab when you see him next. Damn, this sucks."

"Yup. You let me know when you tire of the creepy Cajun, I want to do him."

Ginnie laughed as Raven disappeared into the darkness. She was a blender and Ginnie had no idea if she was gone or not. Raven wouldn't use the door a second time. 'The nut case, is probably repelling down the side of the building.'

She turned in her perch and pulled her feet to her butt, wrapping her coat around her legs. Now she had to worry about turing the boy down face to face. Sometimes, life just got to be too much. She needed to get back to work, but for now she just wanted to sit on this ledge and shiver.

((ooc If you want to join Ginnie on the roof, send me a PM and let me know. Otherwise I'll have her leave later on.))

((ooc: Edit: Ginnie's thoughts are based on pure speculation and reflect on no one but her. Just didn't want anyone to take the evil sadistic woman bit to heart.))
Ginnie 18 years ago
She sat on that lonely ledge until her back cramped from the cold and she could no longer feel her toes. In that time she had come up with nothing. Nothing to help further her Clan's progress, nothing to help Simon, her only reward was a numb ass. She sighed softly and slowly lowered her legs to the roof-top. It was time to go home, and she needed a drink.

Soft moans and muffled curses followed her to the roof-acess door. She hobbled down the first couple of flights, before her muscles finally decided to work right and she made swift progress to the lab. She sent everyone home for the weekend and set the locks to "away" which would require two extra passwords along with all the other silliness of the "secure" mode.

She hadn't felt like changing so she made her way home in her blue Hello Kitty scrubs, stopping long enough to take a little sip from the guy who pumped her gas. The hot blood left her flushed and humming softly as she rode the elevator home.

((OOc Ginnie out, lock it up please!))