Territorial Pissings

Realizing that they were in a pretty nice area, Dawn calculated the distance to the city proper. She'd have to get a bike or something...working out was cool and all, but walking home before sunup after spending hours dancing wasn't her idea of a good time. Ah well, the area seemed nice and all, but it might be too quiet. Nothing she couldn't fix. As they were coming up on the manor, she shut off her music and rolled down the window, sticking her head out.

Hoooo Leeee Shiiiit.

As they stopped before the gate, Dawn just stared. She was going to be living in *that*? It looked like something for a king or a president or something...one of those landmarks that they saw in history class or in movies. She'd never had more than a single room, so the spectacle before her was daunting. The shared space alone had to be incredibly large. Shaking her head, she looked around. Popping out of the car, she walked to the buzzer. Pushing the intercom button, she spoke loudly

Ummm...HI! I'm Dawn and this is...oh shit...what's your last name?...Charles Williams driving me and I'm here now!

As the gate began to open, Dawn jumped back into the car and started bouncing on the back seat. Smacking Charles on the shoulder, she shouted

Fuckin' a, dude! I get to stay in a goddamn mansion! Check it out!

Sticking her head back out the window, she watched as the lush grounds and varied gardens and outbuildings passed in their short drive to the door. Waving as the front doors of the Manor opened, she crammed all of her crap back into her backpack carry on and hopped out of the car. Giving Charles the money through the window, she reached in and hugged him quickly.

Thanks guy!

Tossing her luggage out of the back, she watched as someone approached from the door. Remembering that first impressions were important, she straightened up and stopped bouncing around for a second. Her black hair with streaks of yellow and electric blue was somewhat messy from having been out the window for the last portion of the drive. Her artfully shredded denim and very low cut yellow two button top were a bit rumpled from the flight, but her bracelets were all in order, and she hadn't lost her jade pinky rings or cross made from gun parts. Wondering what protocol was here, she waited. Hell, she didn't even know if this was the master of the house come to bid her welcome or Joe the errandboy come to get her bags.

Butler 18 years ago
Rupert quietly hung up the intercom phone and stood, smoothing his suit as he walked around the front desk and out the doors to greet the excitable woman who had just arrived. He wasn’t familiar with this driver of hers, but when he stepped outside and saw the yellow cab driving off it became clear enough.

His first impression of Dawn was that she was bound to make things interesting. He didn’t know anything about the circumstances of her coming, but then that was none of his business, and if she wanted to look completely odd and out of place in the Manor that wasn’t really his concern either. Calmly, he approached the young lady and gave a polite nod.

“Good evening. Ms. Ratana, I presume? We’ve been expecting you. Rupert Burke, head butler of the Manor, at your service.”

With that, he took hold of two of Dawn’s bags and led the way to the front doors, holding one open for the new arrival.

“Perhaps you would like to start by choosing quarters?”
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
"A butler! I thought those were just in England or something! This totally bizarre!"

Hi Rupert! Wow! Your name is really Rupert? That's GREAT! Charlie - his name is Rupert! Oh, bye!

Waving goodbye to the cabbie, she grabbed a bag and her rearranged her backpack. Watching as Rupert picked up her bags, she was startled. She got to CHOOSE her room? That could take DAYS in there!

What?! I can CHOOSE? Wow!

Dropping her backpack and the suitcase she'd grabbed, she quickly hugged Rupert "the Butler" Burke from behind.

That rocks!

Grabbing the bags again, she charged up the stairs to the door. Stopping, she waited...it'd feel strange to enter the place before the person who greeted her. Still, she WAS Anantya, so it was like it was her house, really, right? Stepping in the door having given herself all of the justification that she needed, she stopped again. In an hushed voice, she muttered

Whoa...fuckin...nice.

Over her shoulder to Rupert, she shouted

Hey! Which rooms are taken? I don't want to barge in on anyone messin with their junk or somethin! Oh! And can I get a room with my own bathroom? I hate sharing. People widgin the toothpaste and shit, getting funk on the throne, y'know! No good!

Slapping herself hard on the ass, she continued.

These cheeks demand cleanliness! Oh! And a bathtub! Nothing on the walls, though! I've got to have space to express myself.

Looking around again, she waited for Rupert. He might not have heard all of her requests. Bouncing in place, she stopped in the exact center of the entry hall, slowly spinning to take everything in.
Butler 18 years ago
Rupert had time to reflect that all this noise was not going to go over well with certain residents of the Manor before he found himself being mauled from behind. He had time to stiffen up when that ever present thought, that these people –bite-, came to the forefront of his mind before Dawn pulled away and began to take a look around.

Rupert suddenly felt very old indeed. The fact that he had to strain to understand the gist of what the young lady was saying was somewhat worrisome, and he was beginning to develop a respect for those vampires who managed to keep up with the shifts in language over thousands of years. ‘Junk on the throne?’ And what in God’s name was ‘widgin’ supposed to mean?

No good indeed. He spoke stiffly.

“You may certainly have a private bath.”

Dawn was, he decided, loud and profane and had the potential to make things very interesting around here.

She also had the potential to make his job a living hell, but there was always the upside; she was sure to annoy certain snotty blonde vampires who would remain nameless.

“The entire Manor is, I assure you, quite clean.” Inwardly, he rolled his eyes at yet another apparent clean freak. He forced a half hearted smile. “We have several quarters available; if you would like, I would be glad to show you around and I do believe there is even a floor plan that marks the currently occupied rooms. This is your home, though, and you are quite welcome to explore; residents tend to have ways of keeping unwanted company out of their private spaces.”
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
This was like the wettest of the wet. Floor plan, free run of the house. Oh...yeah...

Oh, so like people have attack dogs and stuff in their rooms? Wicked! Got it, though - no kicking down locked doors! Privacy WILL be respected, Miss RATANA! Do the attack dogs come with each room or do I have to get them myself? I like chihuahuas but they aren't very effective guard dogs. Maybe a half-Chihuahua half-Doberman.

Leaving her stuff in the middle of the room, she streaked over to Rupert to see the floor plan he'd mentioned. Sweet! This place was HUGE! Tons of places!

So let's look at that floor plan! Is there a good room set up with my own private bath near...omigawd you like have an indoor pool? So shibs! Oh...and over by the Japanese Garden deal would be good. That was kinda neat looking...but with easy access to the training facility. Is that the Asian wing there? I'm part Thai, y'know. Why my eyes are cool looking. FUCK! I don't know! Too many options!

Gripping Rupert by the upper arms, she spoke in an absolutely terrible fake Italian accent

Ya gotta help me Rupaht! I'm dyin' heah!

As suddenly as she'd grabbed him, she fell straight backward in a total dead fall. Feigning a quick seizure, she laughed.

Aw...ferret shock! This is TOO COOL!

Getting up via a handspring, she grabbed her backpack and suitcase.

Ok Rupert! Take me to a set of rooms by the pool on the garden side with my own bathtub! Sounds lovely! Oh! And how do I go about any...um...remodeling that I might want done? Do I have to fill out forms in blood and triplicate with bank signatures and DNA samples or do y'all take care of that? Oh, I'd race you there but I don't know the way and you've got the heavy bags anyway. Thanks Rupert!

Heading off in vaguely the right direction, Dawn took in the sights, shouting back and pointing as they made their way along.

Dude! This is like a museum in here! Oh, there's the poooooooooooooooooollllllll...

Dropping her bags, she kicked off her shoes on the first two steps, took off her shirt on the next and then jumped out of her pants as she ran straight for the pool. Her somewhat spastic leap cleaned up into a very respectable dive as she hit water. "Oh jeez...heated water, too." Breaking the surface, she threw her fists in the air and bellowed

RIGHTEOUS!

before swimming to the side and getting out. Walking over to her backpack, she pulled a very tattered towel out and rapidly dried off, collecting her clothes and putting them inside the bag. Wrapping it around herself, she looked up at Rupert and in her best British accent said

That Dawn Ratana is a girl who really knows where her towel is! Ok, my good man, which of these is my suite?
Butler 18 years ago
Rupert raised his eyebrows at Dawn’s assumption, though he did nothing to correct her, considering she was mostly correct.

“The quarters are, naturally, equipped with locks. What you do to further your personal security is up to you.”

Gesturing over to the floor plan behind the desk, he decided to try out the ‘stay quiet and let her tire herself out’ strategy, occasionally wincing inwardly when she exclaimed particularly loudly. He did his level best to suppress a somewhat perverse smile as Dawn detailed her room request. It seemed Lord Grey would be getting another new neighbor.

Of course, this could only end in whining, but it was almost worth it.

He blinked when the odd woman once again felt compelled to get grabby, a muscle in his cheek twitching with irritation, but he did raise both eyebrows in concern when she fell to the floor, thrashing about. He considered, in his calm sort of way, if he shouldn’t get some sort of help, but it appeared she was merely no longer able to express her excitement with loud shouting and bouncing about and as such had taken drastic measures.

He picked up the bags and gave a slight nod of his head.

“That can certainly be arranged. I know just the place. And I would be glad to provide you with a list of acceptable contractors.”

Hoping to get her into a somewhat more contained situation with reasonable speed, he followed Dawn down the hall, hefting her bags behind him, when he heard her shout again.

Oh look, she’s jumping into the pool. He looked up, half in embarrassment and half in the hopes that a large object would be falling toward his head. This was, unfortunately for him, apparently not to be, though she did at least seem to remember they were headed somewhere and came out again in short order.

Thinking she was pretty much stating the obvious, albeit in a faked accent, he replied stiffly as he took the lead.

“Indeed. Right this way.”

He walked a little further on until he came to a painted white door, which he opened and held for Dawn.

“You will find your key on a hook in the foyer.”

He reached over and brought the luggage into the entryway, pointing to the opposite wall where a key hung just out of reach.

“Will you require anything further? If you need any assistance settling in I am, naturally, at your service.” He debated a bit over presuming, then decided she didn’t seem likely to take offense. “Otherwise, I can notify Morrigan of your arrival and get you the list I mentioned earlier.”
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
Contractors? Damn! It didn't sound like her DJ fundage could cover that if the Rupemeister knew just the place. Ah well...she could go all swank for awhile anyway. Might be good for a change of pace. And if she didn't like it she could just paint over all of the wood. Looking around the entry, she spotted the key. "I guess this is the foy yay then." Frowning up at it, she dropped her bags in the entry and leaped up, grabbing it.

Oh! Yeah, hang on!

Digging into her bag, she tossed out all of the items around the floor until she reached Ko's instructions. Skimming quickly, she nodded.

Ok! Let's see...oh, let me know in advance if I am supposed to meet Miss Morrigan, okay? Ko told me to dress formally or traditionally if that happens. Oh...and I am supposed to meet with someone called Asahi Mai when I get here, too...he doesn't say what to wear, though, so is anything fine? Time to play dress up, Rupert! What should I wear?

Tossing her bags into the center of the room, she opened the pink one first and then moved to the blue. Quickly, but carefully, she began laying out clothing in the first methodical process that she had exhibited since arrival in Nachton. The suitcases were impeccably ordered, and she quickly unfolded and laid out the items ranging from casual business attire to club-wear to traditional and modern Thai formal-wear to schoolgirl outfits to urban street gear to her fighting gear.

So...what should I wear? I don't know what she likes, but you must to get to be the head butler here! Oh, and I'll need to eat soon but that can wait until after the meeting. Home before business before pleasure, Rupert!

Looking around briefly, she smiled.

Oh, and excellent choice for the room...thank you.

Realizing how much he'd already accomplished for her, she clapped her hands together in front of her and bowed over them slightly. She hoped that she was doing it right, but Rupert probably wouldn't know the difference anyway if she fucked it up. Spinning back around, she looked at the bed again.
Butler 18 years ago
Rupert was expecting to be dismissed with a wave and would not have been surprised to find he had been entirely forgotten about in all the excitement. He tilted his head curiously when Dawn began rummaging through her things, hoping in the back of his mind that she wasn’t going to try to tip him. That would only embarrass them both.

He raised both eyebrows when she brought out what were apparently instructions on how to proceed. Someone, it seemed, was responsible for her and he found himself wondering how this ‘Ko’ managed with all the noise.

“I will certainly give you advanced notice.”

He wasn’t certain of whether the woman was playing a joke on him when she asked his opinion on what to wear, though a step further into the room and a look at the clothes strewn over the bed indicated that perhaps it was an honest question. It also seemed that she really didn’t know how to behave, and in spite of her exuberance she seemed to be in earnest. Perhaps it was, after all, a little frightening to find yourself inside the Manor for the first time, knowing you were expected to conduct yourself in a certain way and having an idea that you might not be able to manage those expectations without a reminder note.

In any case it was, it seemed, a night for firsts. It was not normally Rupert’s way to put much insight toward vampire behavior and he blamed his momentary lapse in indifference on Dawn’s outrageousness.

Really, it was none of his business what she did.

“Mai-sama is normally seen wearing a kimono.” He considered for another moment. “You were aware she is the Elder of the Hunt?”

There. That was probably enough information to work with. Satisfied that he had done his job, he took a step back, intending to remain unobtrusive but still within reach in case he was needed. He managed to keep his expression neutral and offered a quiet ‘my pleasure’ at Dawn’s thanks.

He waited until she turned around before allowing his mouth to curve upward in a slight grin.
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
“Mai-sama is normally seen wearing a kimono.”

Kimono - tradition, but tradition to one's culture and one's self, not to modern expectation. Okay. I can dress for that.

Reaching down, she selected a green modern Thai dress and an ornate black sash when Rupert dropped the bomb.

“You were aware she is the Elder of the Hunt?”

Freezing up for a moment, she had to play it back in her head to make sure she heard it right. Yep. She'd heard it right. "Oh...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck."

She felt a bit like that kid who thought that they had gotten away with tossing a spitball, nailing their teacher in the head and then turned around to see the principal with a ruler and a grin. Had she really pissed Ko off that much? Sure there was tension, but he was so focused on meditation and finding your inner stillness and shit. How could she do that when a triple espresso made her sleepy? She was just wired a bit faster and now she was going to get smacked down by the Elder of the Hunt.

Unless...unless he was somehow proud and wanted to show off his student? She was ok...pretty good, but not a ninja master like he was or anything. Maybe it is both - a "Look at the potential I have to work with, but how the hell do I cut the flaws out" type a dealie.

Either way, it didn't matter. She knew exactly what she'd have to wear. It was both as traditional as it got with her, and as comfortable as she ever felt. Okay, when she wasn't naked. But the birthday suit wasn't what you put on for meeting the new drill sergeant. Voice low and somewhat resigned, she stated

Uh...no. No Mr. Burke, Ko failed to mention that in his letter. But I know exactly what I should wear now. You've been very helpful.

Reaching down toward her final suitcase, she pulled out a formal wooden box. Moving it to the lovely vanity dresser, she tipped the lid. Pausing a moment, she opened the case and took out Monday's Buddha, placing him in the center of the dresser. Standing, he hand his hand forward in a warding gesture, banishing fear. Smiling for a quick moment, she recalled that her father had once explained to her that she was the way she was because she was born on a Monday, thus fear could not reside within her.

Reaching into the box again, she pulled out a roll of tape and glanced in the mirror. Time to get dressed.
Dawn Ratana 18 years ago
Beginning to lace the tape through her fingers, she wound it quickly in the familiar pattern. In the old days, the fighters hadn't had the tape...but that didn't matter. Efficiency over tradition when it came to attack and defense. Continuing down her hairless forearm, she completed the weave, tucked, and started on the other arm at the knuckles and repeated the same weaving process. Tossing her clothes aside, she stood just in her panties. Kicking one leg up onto the dresser, she began the process on her feet as well, migrating to just below her knee, then repeated with the other leg. Feeling the added tension in her limbs, she smiled. She had always wondered if the ritual was as effective as the tape itself...increasing the confidence while providing a small amount of support.

Glancing up in the mirror, she pouted. All the working out that she did had really prevented her breasts from coming in fully. Slapping at her little A-cups, she shook her head.

Sorry Rupert. Not much of a show, I know. But if I could make'm bigger...well, ok, I'd want to be able to take them on and off. Y'know, kinda like those pump shoes!

Grabbing a nipple, she pinched while making an air pump sound.

WSHH WSHH WSHH WSHH! Insta-C-cup! FWSSSssssshhhhhh...back to A. That'd be great!

Walking over to the bed, she grabbed a sports bra and slipped it on. It wasn't so much that she needed it as that old habits died hard. The old hope that if she'd worn one that she might have needed it eventually. Next, she pulled on a pair of modern trunks in red with black trim. After that, she took her red torso wrap and tied it around herself, lining it up so that the black trim formed an X over her chest, between her breasts.

I bet no one in this house even knows what X-men are.

Heading back to the vanity dresser, she decided to forego footwear. She hated shoes indoors, and out on the grounds it didn't look like she would come across any old hypodermic needles or broken glass. Reaching into the box, she pulled out a series of black cords. Wrapping them around her hands and forearms, she covered the tape so entirely that it just barely showed between her fingers. Two more lengths were applied to her bare upper arms , the last on her forehead, bobbing her ponytail into a flat comb along the back of her neck.

Looking one last time at Monday's Buddha, she then glanced at herself in the mirror and nodded. Wholly traditional, if photo-negative. Entirely comfortable. Natural. This'd do. Making sure that she had her key, she turned to leave.

Ok! All set! Now it is time to play "Find The Other Asian Woman in the House." Let's do it!

((Dawn out pending response))
Butler 18 years ago
Rupert nodded his head, relieved to be of help and hoping he wouldn’t be called on for more fashion advice. Now seemed like a good time to slip out, considering she was busy getting dressed and clothes were starting to come off, and he started toward the door, though Dawn’s continued speaking gave him pause. Upward seemed a safe enough place to look while they conversed.

Was that a crack in the ceiling? No, just a bit of uneven plaster. Rupert hoped that wasn’t a sign of water damage; one of the reasons he had selected these rooms was for its rather nice bathtub.

He decided that the mental images Dawn’s descriptions were provoking simply –had- to be worse than what she was actually doing, and thought to look down for just a minute to assure himself.

Ah, no…the reality was worse.

He looked back up, sighing, and really hoped he wasn’t expected to comment. Having no idea what brought on the Xmen comment, he thought that was safe enough to comment on.

“The extent of our library is quite impressive; you may be able to find some modern…literature…to your liking.”

He was hard pressed to call comic books literature but to each his own.

In response to her announcement, he smoothly offered:

“You are more than welcome to explore if you’d prefer; we have intercoms in nearly ever part of the Manor and I can contact you when I find Mai?”

/ooc outie