Into the garden - Open to all

Kyle undid another button on his shirt as he stepped outside one of the french doors off the foyer. He walked down the steps and took a look around the garden. It was dimly lit but the walk ways were visible. The landscaping was a marvel, but he ignored it as he walked down the path, away from the people and more importantly away from women. Slowly he came to a stand still and found a concrete bench to sit down at.

What a fucking evening. No wait, what a fucking week. He made a mental list of the past seven days: dinner and a kidnapping, shot and almost killed only to be revived and caught in a burning inferno, forced to save a vampire and become addicted to a drug he can't afford, ended up in a hospital being terrorized by another vampire who he's apparently fallen for, but wont admit to and then only to go through violent withdrawal symptoms while finally getting to sleep with said crazy female vampire who blew off what he thought was something special.

He was a man. Why was he even trying to make something out of what Nova and he did? He shuddered, wondering what was happening to him. God he just wanted a FUCKING DRINK. With a sigh Kyle rested his elbows on his knees and propped his face into his hands.

Nova 18 years ago
Nova worked her way through the crowd, grateful she wasn’t wearing heels in addition to the dress, which was giving her enough trouble as it was. She frowned, frustrated, when Kyle came into her line of sight for a moment only to disappear into the foyer, and ended up throwing a few elbows to catch sight of him again.

And…he was slipping out the door. She considered turning around until she realized that he hadn’t gone out the main exit, which might mean he was hanging out outside. Maybe having a smoke or something. He could be a social smoker. She really didn’t know.

She sighed when she opened the French doors, muttering at how fucking cold it was before sucking it up and walking out a ways. Hmm. No Evans.

Eh, maybe this was a dumb idea. She was operating under the impression that he was going off like he always did, but maybe he really had intended things to be a little more final.

She figured it was better to find out, though.

And there he was. Not smoking, then, just sitting around, and jeez but she felt stupid coming out here now. Still, she’d come this far, might as well say what she came to say. She stood in front of Kyle with her hands on her hips.

“I don’t know.”

There. If that wasn’t a straight answer, she didn’t know what was. She threw up her hands.

“I don’t know. You’ve been through a lot, I’ve been through a lot, and I only consented to put on this fucking dress because I thought you might dig it and your stupid jokes make me laugh and a lot of times I think you’re nuts but I sort of like that. And we had some good sex.” She paused, reflecting on both aforementioned sex and what order that was put in her line up. “Really good sex, actually. Anyway.” She waved her hand around in a gesture that could mean she thought now was a good time to make shadow puppets. “So. I’m not perfect, I’m not normal, I like you, I don’t have a –clue- how this is supposed to work, and I’m in an evening gown.

A little help?”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
Kyle looked up and before he could tell her to go to hell, Nova started with her speech.

'Wha-? Well it is pretty but...well yeah we did...well thank you but...no you're not...I...well, yeah you are.'

Exasperated, Kyle stood up and pointed a finger at her.
'Listen, I don't know what's going on either. All I know is that I feel like a god damn...GIRL around you. YOU are the one that's suppose to feel validated by me. YOU are the one that decides what we are. No wait...I AM. Wait.' He once again closed his hand into a fist, shut his eyes and started to lightly pound on his forehead.

'Nova.' He started again. 'This isn't normal. This...thing we have. You just...god you keep acting like you have something to prove but pissed that you feel you have to prove it. If it was just sex...' Kyle stopped and sighed. He gently put his hands on her shoulders and entwined her hair into his fingers.

'Nova if it was just sex, then fine. Say it was just sex. I'm fine with that...if that's all it was.'

Truth be told, he wouldn't be fine with it, but he wasn't about to admit that. He didn't feel like telling Nova that he was fairly certain he had fallen for her. Kyle had no idea how to deal with falling in love with a vampire...he was just happy to make it through the day without going into a seizure or having a drink.

'Just...say it so I can go home and forget this week ever happened cuz...you know...life seemed to make more sense hung over.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova decided maybe she should sit down while Kyle got his thoughts in order, considering at the moment she had no idea what he was getting at. He did a little better on the second shot, though he still seemed pretty confused.

“Hey, you’re half of this Evans.”

She didn’t even bother to hide her eyeroll at Kyle’s attempt at putting her on the couch and shrinking her head, and crossed her arms over her chest, annoyed.

“Yeah. That’s the deal. That’s me.”

She really didn’t get what Kyle meant with the ‘just sex’ remarks. It seemed pretty obvious to her; she’d spent the past week with him, and the sex was at the end. Had the hard fucking killed a few of his brain cells and erased all the other stuff from his memory, because she was pretty sure he had been a part of that too.

When he said his next bit, though, she tilted her head to one side and set her jaw, nodding her head in the affirmative. He just wanted off the hook, and she had never really meant to hook him in the first place. It was too bad; she thought they had a pretty good thing.

She took his hands off her shoulders, though not unkindly.

“No. It wasn’t.” She stood back up and turned to face Kyle. “But I guess that’s the way it goes.”

She started to walk away, having said what she had come to say, but then looked over her shoulder.

“You should really see what Simon wanted to talk to you about.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
'You're walking away?'

Kyle was now completely confused. He took his fist and pounded his forehead again for good measure and then stood up. Reaching out, he almost grabbed her arm to stop her but then thought better of it. God if she hits me, I'll be out like a light, he thought to himself.

Kyle closed his eyes and shook his head. 'Fuck it.' He reached out and took hold of her arm, stopping her and then pulled her back to face him. Pulling her close, he put both hands on her so she wouldn't turn away.

'The way it goes is not you walking away. Not after what happened tonight, what we've been through. Damnit, Nova, do you want more?' Kyle gave her a pleading look. 'I can't read your fucking mind. Do you want...me?'

Her hair was soft and a bit of it was sticking to the lip gloss she was wearing. The moonlight illuminated her face and her eyes were bright and shiny. The specs of glitter from her makeup looked like flecks of gold. Her arms felt cold under his fingers and he brushed the skin softly with his thumbs. Everything about her affected him. The way she walked, crossed her arms defiantly, glared at him, sneered at him, kissed him, touched him...there was nothing unnatural about this woman, he decided.

His lips hovered over hers as he waited for her answer.
Nova 18 years ago
Nova turned and glared when Kyle took hold of her arm, not being fond of such gestures, but restrained herself from kicking him in the shins only because she was wondering if he had anything worthwhile to say and ‘ow, ow, my leg’ wasn’t nearly so interesting.

He seemed surprised that she was rolling out, which seemed strange since a minute ago he had just wanted to go home.

Then again, it was perfectly possible she just flat out didn’t understand –anything-.

She actually snorted at Kyle’s declaration that he couldn’t read her mind, looking up at the sky.

“God. You know, the secret women society might take away my ovaries or something for telling you this, but I can’t read your mind either. So quit acting like this is all on me.”

In spite of her frustration, though, in spite of resenting the fact that she had told him pretty much exactly how she felt, confusion and all, and he had told her next to nothing, she realized with an exasperated sigh that someone was going to have to nut up and make a decision. ‘Oh, just let me do it.’ What was it with this guy, who was just fine with taking charge everywhere else but in this he couldn’t even meet her halfway?

Then again, he’d grabbed her arm. Perhaps that was brute speak for ‘stick around.’

Man, but they sucked at this. How in the hell was this supposed to work?

She leaned forward and pressed a hard, closed mouth kiss on the corner of his mouth.

“Hell. Can’t seem to get enough of you, can I?”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
'You can invade my dreams but not read my mind? What kind of vampire are you?'

Kyle grinned and hugged her tightly. 'And if you're going to kiss me, do it right, please.' He held her face in his hands and kissed her softly on the lips. It was a gentle kiss and he took his time, his thumbs brushing across her cheeks. He finished the kiss with a soft nibble and brushed his nose against hers.

She was probably waiting for him to say something. Kyle cleared his throat. The trouble was, he didn't know what to say to her. What did women want at that point? Declaration of love or maybe extreme liking? He looked at her again...she was waiting. Right, ok. He'll say something. Right now.

Right...now.

Right now.

Kyle mentally smacked himself and sighed. 'Nova.' Again he went blank. Finally he hung his head low and said, 'Please help me here. I'm a man.' Laughing he shoved his hands into his pockets and continued to squirm.

'Let's just see where it goes. You and me. This 'us' thing?' He pulled a hand out and pointed at her and then back at him. 'Alright?'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova smiled into the kiss, getting a grip on Kyle’s shoulders for balance and pressing close, not thinking far beyond the moment, and that was how she liked him best, after all. In the heat of it, in the thick of it, whether it was fighting over a bottle of JD or kissing in a garden. The whole situation was a little different, and she had the laughable notion that for just a minute she was something ridiculous like a princess. No, that wasn’t right; the dress was more fitting for a diva, or an ancient Greek goddess who would as soon ram her spear through you as look at you.

Maybe that was what it felt like to be liked by Kyle Evans. She wasn’t sure.

The moment passed, in any case, and she was back to being Just Nova. That was more than alright with her, since thinking about riding in chariots and running a spear through people was a little disturbing, considering. She grinned mischievously and nipped at his throat.

She considered this ‘us’ business for a moment, trying to decide if that was acceptable terminology. Us. Hmm. Well…Kyle hadn’t said it in a gross way. They had an us thing. That was pretty okay.

“Alright then.” She laughed a little. “Maybe it’s that easy.” She linked one of her arms in his and gave him a little tug. “For now, I think this us thing is going inside the freaking mansion. It’s freezing out here.”
Kyle Evans 18 years ago
'Big weanie,' he shrugged his jacket off and put it over Nova's shoulders. 'You know, I hope something happens soon, this party isn't living up to your vampire family's potential.' Kyle tucked her arm back under his and walked her back.

The french doors back into the foyer came into view. Pushing it open he let Nova enter and gently slipped his jacket off her shoulders.

'I'm hungry. What's for dinner anyway? I bet something with asparagus.'
Nova 18 years ago
Nova gave Kyle a little kick to the shin and contentedly wrapped his jacket around her shoulders, rolling her eyes good naturedly at the jab.

“I don’t see how you’d know how the party’s going, Mr. I’m going to run off to the gardens in the freezing cold. Maybe we’ll open the doors and find complete chaos and food throwing.”

Grinning in anticipation of such an occurrence, though she reminded herself that Carol would probably be miffed if she ruined the dress, she reluctantly relinquished the jacket and stepped back into the foyer.

“No clue.” She shrugged at the mention of asparagus, wondering if that was a favorite of his and then questioning why on earth that was any of her concern. “You’re right, though, probably the usual stuff.”

/ooc both out