The Longest Flight in the World

"Fucking stewardess. 'Don't leave your seat, stop your singing, the other passengers are complaining, don't scare the children for fun, please keep the profanity in check...' Jesus christ. Might as well be going to school again with all these rules. At least I could skip classes...can't really skip the flight. Well, I could, but the bus is even worse. Smells like old people and stale ass sandwiches and takes way longer traveling just by night."

As a snore came from a couple of rows up, Dawn twitched, hearing the sound through her headphones. "Motherfucker can snore all he wants, but I can't sing? Where's that bitch?" Looking around, she pushed the little call button getting the steward instead. "Oh, guess she doesn't like me anymore. So sad."

Hi there Steve. I know I am not the most popular person on this flight, but I was wondering if you could get a nose strap or something on that old fart...sorry...old man who is snoring. I can hear him through my headphones, so I imagine he is disturbing other people as well. Motherfucker can sure saw wood something fierce, though, can't he? Shit, sorry. Oh, and can I get some more peanuts since you guys don't want me chewing gum any more?

Dawn still couldn't believe that kid had ratted her out for sticking her gum under the seat. Little shit deserved to get scared on his way to the toilet. What was the big deal there? Sure she'd spooked him, but he was already headed to the bathroom and he'd made it on time. Of course, it looked like she'd scared the old guy next to her too when she'd leapt out of her seat, but collateral damage happened. He shouldn't be so easily startled. Looking over to him as he quickly pretended to be asleep, she smiled.

Sorry about the whole 'old fart' thing right there. I'm just not a very good flyer. Landings are the worst. I'll try not to scream this time, ok? Ok, play it cool, old dude. Sleep on.

Frowning, she jittered her legs, bopping her head to her music as the flight wore on. Occasionally she'd pop a peanut, but after the 6th bag she'd started to get tired of them. Pulling down the tray, she passed the time by doodling on it until Steve came back by and asked her to please stop as she was only making more work for him.

Aw, shit man! Sorry. Didn't know you did the cleanser here. Ok. Can I get some paper and pretzels or something? These peanuts are getting a little old and sandwich time was hours ago. Oh! And can I get some water? I won't spill it this time.

After the steward returned with her new toys, she was content. After sucking one of the pretzels clean of salt, she dropped it into the water and watched it slowly swell while doodling. She was quiet for almost twenty minutes.

As the plane neared Nachton airspace, Dawn wondered what it would be like. She knew they had a pretty good club scene, so there would be plenty to do, but was a bit worried about the fact that her living situation was being arranged. "Heolfor Manor. Heal For. Heal Floor. Heel Floor." Stomping involuntarily, she snickered. Oops.

Sorry. Didn't mean to kick the seat there. Honest.

"A manor sounds like a mansion or something...but it could be like a dorm in a lockup, or a loony bin or a retirement home, too. Ko prolly wouldn't do that shit to me, but I did kind of piss him off by wanting to leave. But a fucking decade? I done my time! Time for something new." Flipping over the latest page in her doodles, she made a quick sketch of Steve using the Bitch Stewardess as a crapper, adding it to the stack to leave behind. She was decent at quick sketches and cartoony drawings, but simply didn't have the attention span for serious art. She'd enjoyed pottery in high school, but mostly for the mess she could get away with making rather than the actual practice.

Touching down in Nachton, she read over Ko's directions. Grabbing one of the little luggage trolleys, she tossed on her carry on and headed to the baggage claim. Stretching while she waited for the carosel to activate, she kept making faces at the little snitch from the plane. After the carosel got going, she pushed her way to where she wanted to stand, getting some glares which she'd ignored. Grabbing her pink, yellow and baby blue suitcases (they had been black, but she spray painted them because who wants to look at those little tags), she pushed her cart through the crowd to the Taxi kiosk. Getting in, she said

Heolfor Manor, please. And don't try to dick me over on the fare - I'm giving you sixty bucks no matter what damn route you take so you can either make a big tip or give it to you boss, your choice. Lowest fare I heard about was 32, highest 53. Oh, nice beads, man.

Leaning back, she turned up the volume and started to sing again.

((ooc: Dawn Out - lock up!))