Finding a new home for the fledgling (attn Fallon, Mai)

Cyrus stalked through the manor. He had sent his driver to Fallon's house to pick her up shortly after 1am. The car should bring her directly to the manor promptly. Unfortunately he hated waiting. As he paced the foyer he realized he should have gone with, but it was so much faster to send the car from Nachton to the fledglings cottage rather than pick him up first.

Skillfully stalking around the entryway he avoided interacting with the butler and a loud newcomer. Deciding that he should simply relax did not help. The whole idea of introducing a clanless fledgling to Mai made him nervous. At least he had not made her himself.

Idly spinning the hoop in his eyebrow he waited, as patiently as possible.

Fallon 18 years ago
She had been ready and sitting outside on her porch when the car pulled up.

Though she had taken pains to dress in a manner she thought would be fitting meeting the head of a clan, Fallon was still a mass of nerves.
The skirt she wore was tight, plain, black wool, and her shoes were just her standard black pumps. Not her best, as she had never replaced the ones left at the gardens, but still not so terribly shabby. Her blouse was the one extravagance, having just bought it, and the red and black silk material felt very rich against her skin. The neckline was a very low cowl, but as long as she didn't lean forward too far, only the hint of cleavage was discernable. Her black woven shawl was still folded in her lap, as she wasn't yet cold.

The shivers were not from the temperature outside, and she kept reminding herself to take deep breaths, trying to instill some calm within.

Once they approached the manor, Fallon got even more anxious, and found her finger in her mouth, worrying a hang nail. As she waited for the driver to let her out, she pulled her finger out and clasped her hands together. Stepping up to the door, she knocked, and rubbed her finger. She tried to think of just Cyrus, and when she was able, the fear subsided a little.

Now...someone needed to open the door.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Contemplating the best place to lurk near the ceiling, Cyrus had only found two so far. A large dark wood cabinet and the beautiful wooden wardrobe. He had just given the first cabinet a gentle shake and heard the light ping of delicate objects inside jostling about when another noise intruded, the sound of his driver's normal SUV pulling in. Noting that the cabinet was unsuitable, he mentally noted to try out the wardrobe as he went to the door. The knock assured him it was Fallon and he hurried his pace, not wanting to wait for Rupert.

With quick strides he made it to the door within seconds of the knock and opened it. Outside it was his fledgeling, looking very beautiful in a somewhat demure kind of way. Her attire made him wish he had changed into something a bit more formal, perhaps they could stop by his room prior to searching out Mai.

"Fallon, Come in. Welcome to Heolfor Manor." After waving the driver off he took her hand in his. Gently guiding her inside he smiled warmly.

"Would you like a quick look around first before we go in search of Mai?"
Fallon 18 years ago
It hadn't been that long since she'd seen Cyrus, but that didn't stop the sight of him from making her feel better.

Though not an action she would have normally taken, in a wave of relief, Fallon moved to hug her friend, and briefly rested her head on his shoulder. Again she was surprised to feel him not tower over her. She always imagined him to be taller than he actually was.

"Thank you, Cyrus, I've missed you."

Moving back, and releasing him from her arms, Fallon looked around. What se could see of the manor was very impressive, and she nodded at his offer of a tour. Her acceptance of his suggestion was because he seemed to take pride in the place, and she wanted to let him share that with her.

"Yes, a tour would be very nice. I hope we're not going to be intruding on your Mai. I want to belong to your clan, Cyrus, but I don't want to be any trouble."

She took his arm, as she prepared to be shown around, and smiled brightly. She was very glad to see him.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Gladly accepting her hug and returning a slight squeeze he smiled warmly. Once the door was closed he assured her that a small tour would be ok. "We have to find Mai, but I think she may be in the garden or cathedral. First let me change into something a bit nicer."

Keeping hold of her hand he took her through the halls to his room which he unlocked and held the door for her to enter.

"This is my suite, let me just run up and find a nice shirt. Make yourself at home."

After closing the main door he opened the inner door that slid silently home. Moving confidently through the other room and up the stairs to his bed room he left Fallon to explore.
Fallon 18 years ago
Following along, holding tight to his hand, Fallon couldn't help but crane her head to look at everything they passed. The manor was truly the grandest place she had yet to see, in her life.

As she walked through the door to his home, she was initially slightly disappointed. The room was small, and had hardly any furnishings at all. She couldn't believe this was the extent of where he lived.

She immediately felt quite foolish when he led her into a much larger room, that still didn't resemble a real traditional living room, but one that felt much more livable.

"Oh Cyrus, this is spectacular. I almost feel like I'm in your jungle."

She was glad she hadn't remarked on the other room, and was relieved to see this room was befitting of her friend.

Seeing the cushions on the floor, she wished she were wearing jeans, as she would have loved just flopping down upon them, and letting herself be transported. Instead she demurely sat down on a sofa and crossed her legs to await his changing clothes.

As he went upstairs, she continued to look around the room at everything.

"Plants...I definitely need to get some plants for my house."

She said under her breath.

The visual of Cyrus padding through this room, on his all fours, made her smile. How nice that he could TRULY feel at home someplace where he could still be safe in, and not have to worry about someone coming upon him in his cat suit, and taking advantage.

Not that Fallon doubted at all Cyrus' ability to take care of himself. He had seemingly done fine all these hundreds of years. But it still gave her some peace of mind to know he didn't have to be out in the elements, unless he chose to be.

A little anxious, she got up and walked around the room. The fish tank was lovely, but Fallon never really liked fish...except to eat. The longer she looked at them the creepier they got, so after just a cursory glance, she moved on to the zen garden. She started to squat down closer to the sand, but realized her skirt was just a tad too tight to allow her enough movement, so she went back and sat down.

She would have liked to see the upstairs, but knew better than to venture there uninvited. Instead she found herself thinking to the pending meeting, and softly singing...

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight..."
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus had left the door at the top of the stairs open when he walked in. Swiftly taking off his casual shirts he found just what he was looking for a dark grey cashmere sweater. The V neck was just enough to make the white silk mandarin collar shirt look formal. Keeping the same black chamois leather pants and boots on he placed the dirty shirts in the dry cleaner bag and went to the door.

The faint sound of Fallon singing made him smile. Once he realized what she was singing he laughed out loud. Since his stairs and landing had no railing he simply walked off the edge and glided effortlessly towards the garden doors.

"Leopard. Clouded Leopard to be exact." He got out between chuckles.

Realizing he had not been quite the gallant host he could have he smiled and bowed before his fledgeling.
"Would you like the grand tour? Though I hate to say most of the finishing touches in the other rooms are not here yet."
Fallon 18 years ago
Hearing his comment, Fallon realized she had been singing, and a little louder than she would have liked. She had a fair voice, but never quite felt really at ease singing around most people. Fortunately, all she suffered was a mild blush, and she was again okay.

"I remembered...it just didn't quite fit the music."

She knew he was teasing, but she had actually tried fitting 'leopard' into the tune.

"Unless I left off the 'cloud' part...and I just couldn't do that."

She grinned, and stood up. He always seemed so formal when he bowed, but it was who he was, so she would never comment on it.

The fact that he 'glided' from the stairs above, didn't phase Fallon. He seemed to do it as if it was just part of the way he did things, and that made her all that much more at home around him.

"Of course I'd like to see the rest, if you want to show me. Are you waiting from things to be shipped from over seas?"

His lack of 'personal' things had been evident, but she assumed he was one who didn't like a lot of knick knacks. That he just hadn't received them yet, also gave her an odd sense of well being. Right now his home was lovely, but until he had 'marked' it with his things, it wasn't quite a home. In her opinion. It was something she, herself, was getting used to in her own home. She had not stopped to pack anything but clothes when she left North Carolina, so what she had in her house now still didn't quite have her imprint on it.
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Yes, I have several shipments coming in as well as cases that are being made to hold the items here."

Opening his arms widely he indicated the room they were standing in. "This is the living area. I like to have foliage around so here it is. Room for guests though you are the first to see it."

"That entryway is going to get a cabinet with some lesser valuable collection of vases I have coming." He gestured vaguely to it. Since it was closed off he genuinely did not care overly much about it except as a place to make guests leave their shoes.

Starting up the stairs he kept an eye on Fallon, hoping she did not fall off. The door opened inward as he turned the antique silver doorknob that had been sculpted in the shape of a leaf. He swiftly entered the bedroom and held open the door for Fallon.

"The cases of my artifacts should be completed soon and the shipment sent out upon the installation of the climate controlled cases. Otherwise the room simply needs a few pillows and its complete. The bath is through that door" He stated matter of factly but the longer he stood in the room he felt somewhat uncomfortable. He was unsure if it was the fact that Fallon was the first to see his private sanctuary or the fact that she was a woman in his bedroom, he pushed the feeling aside.
Fallon 18 years ago
"Wow."

She said as she left the jungle for what was certainly a completely masculine domain. Fallon liked the bedroom though, and the colors, though heavy, fit. They also felt rich to her, and not oppressive as they might. Cyrus was a classy man, and his surroundings reflected the same.

"I see Cyrus the man, in here...and Cyrus the cat, down there. Of course both are you, and Cyrus the being is in each...but..."

She couldn't describe it. It was a feeling more than something concrete that would have been easier to put into words.

Curious, she had to check out the bathroom, and walked through the doorway into that even more 'inner' sanctum.

"This is so lush...I think if I had a bathroom such as this, I may never leave it."

She laughed, but had to admire that even with the cold marble, the room still looked much too inviting. As she turned and walked back to where he stood, she took hold of his arm, and 'petted' it.

"This is truly grand, Cyrus, and once your vases and other things are brought in, it will become quite the showplace, I'm sure."

There was a lot of awe in Fallon's voice, even though she was willing herself not to drool.

"Now that I've seen your place, I would like to get you a small housewarming gift...a pillow, maybe? It would make me feel good to know you had a small token of appreciation from me, and that it was nestled in here."

Hoping the idea didn't sound silly, Fallon kept looking around the room, somewhat afraid of looking at his reaction to her offer.

She also began feeling slightly uneasy about being in his bedroom, and turned towards the door. She wasn't sure why she felt that way...he was just her friend.
Cyrus 18 years ago
"I would be honored that you would wish to give me a present."

He smiled warmly at her assessment of his living areas. The pets and pats were appreciated though he was often confused by them. Still it was something he simply ignored since he did not understand the motives behind it which made it easy for him to deal with.

With a gring and a gesture towards the door he thought it best they continue their search.
"Thats the grand tour. I would show you more of the Manor itself but I dont normally stay inside so I am not familiar with every room. Somehow I doubt you want to go tromping through the woods tonight."

Not wanting to have her fall off, he took the outside edge of the steps and made his way to the patio doors. The garden was right outside as was access to the forest.

"Lets try the garden for Mai."
Fallon 18 years ago
His formality tickled Fallon, but because of it she kept seeing Cyrus as a much older man...or older than he appeared physically, before her. It was a source of confusion that she wished she could get rid of, but was now thinking she should just accept it and go from there. Either way she doubted she would act or react towards him in any inappropriate way.

She made a mental note to go shopping tomorrow and see if she could find something really special for him. She liked the idea that he would have something here to remind him of her.

"No...you're right, I'd rather not go traipsing through the woods, but thank you."

Funny as it might sound, she would have liked to go walking with him sometime with him all furry. But not in a silk blouse and heels.

"Maybe some other time, when I've got tennies on?"

She wanted to see more of him in that light, because it had to be such a huge part of his life. And at the moment, Fallon was bordering a little bit on the obsessive side when it came to all things Cyrus. Anyone who would take such an attentive interest in her, and not imply that he expected anything in return, was just alien to her.

"The rest of the manor, I'm sure is as breathtaking as what I've seen so far...I've no need to see more."

She followed him downstairs, quite aware of his protective nature with her. Moving outside into the patio, she found the cool night air was welcome. She guessed she had been warmer than usual inside, as the change seemed a sort of relief.

"Can you tell me something about Anantya, or Mai...or what I should expect from this visit?"

Clans, she suspected, were much like very exclusive clubs, and she surmised that Cyrus would naturally be biased. But listening to him talk had a unique calming affect on her, and with nothing but twisted nerves inside her, she could use his strength of will now.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Slightly surprised by her willingness to traipse through the woods sometime had Cyrus looking at Fallon intently, unaware that his head had cocked slightly to one side in a decidedly feline gesture. He would have to set aside some time to show her the woods. "Anytime you want."

The garden outside his door was beautiful, one could just see the roof of the gazebo from their vantage point. That was his goal, hoping to find Mai either on the walk there or nearby. He mulled over Fallon's question of the clan as he closed and locked his French doors. Offering his arm to the fledgling he filled her in as best he knew how.

"A historian could tell you better than I, as this is the first time in centuries that I have lived with my clan. But from what I recall each Clans seems to have an underlying mindset. Ours is more of an uninvolvement and sometimes a slight snobbery towards humans. Most don't mingle with food as they see it. Many are quite trapped in the past which is both a blessing and a terrible curse."

"We are on equal footing with Evenhet as they are the most human friendly clan. Working, living and prospering in that world. Treating humans as equals rather than only a food source. I believe they broke off from Anantya for those very reasons."

"Tacharan is somewhat recognized by some of Anantya though not by all. They seem to be on a path for dominion over humans. If the rumors are true their companies work towards building things like guns and other means of death and destruction. Generally the younger rowdier vampires go there."

They had arrived at the gazebo without having spotted Mai. Cyrus frowned as he looked about trying not to noticably sniff the air in search of her.

"Our clan is more traditional. Elder Mai is incredibly wise and just. There is no reason to be nervous of meeting her. Unfortunately I have no idea what to expect. I never thought I would be introducing a fledgling to my clan, honestly."

He wondered how to explain the set up of the clan but looked at Fallon first to see if she had any questions about what he had told her so far.

(Opinions only contained here in!)
Fallon 18 years ago
Little by little, Fallon seemed to be grasping the theory of clans and their purpose. She had heard a little now from Panos, Aishe, and Cyrus, and was looking forward to being part of something grander...and something with a familial feel to it. Having never had much of a family life, she could only imagine it might be part of what her life had been lacking.

"That is a little disconcerting to hear Tacharan described as such, and yet know they still had no use for Panos."

How awful he must truly be to be turned away from such a group. But as far as Panos was concerned, Fallon only shrugged a little and then dismissed him from her mind.

With each bit of information she was given about Mai, Fallon now was quite intrigued about meeting the woman, and pictured her a tiny, wizened bit of a thing. She already respected the matriarch, without meeting her, mainly because Cyrus spoke of her in a tone that Fallon took to mean he felt the same. Respecting Cyrus and his opinions, Fallon felt safe in adopting them as well, until something proved otherwise.

"I am sorry, Cyrus, to have put you in such a position of discomfort. I can't honestly say though, that I wished things were different. You are my saviour, Cyrus. Without you helping me, I don't know where I would have gone. I would probably still be eating kittens in the parking lot.

If any ill is to befall anyone, it should be on me. I am responsible for dragging you into this mess of my life."

At least Fallon never whined. She might back away from things that she didn't think she could handle, and even go so far as to hide from them, but once involved, she tried to take whatever came without whining. She knew damn well there were people in the world who had a lot less than she had, or had a lot worse. She now had a lifetime ahead of her like many only dreamed of, and new friends to share it with. Someone special to live it along side would be the cherry on top, but she had plenty of time to find him.

She took a seat in the gazebo, closed her eyes, and sniffed to get the full effect of the late winter scents, and night air.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai hurried from the Cathedral towards her room deciding as usual to take the more direct route through the Japanese Gardens near her room. Originally this garden was only designed for her enjoyment. It was not that other people were unwelcome and it was large enough to hold several groups wandering around without their conversations intruding upon each other but it was simply that more people at the time preferred the more traditional gardens that the estate held. Since she and Thaddeus both found serenity in the smaller more exotic garden she had noticed other people had become attracted to it as well. The tranquility of souls leaves a mark like the scent of a fine flower on a place and so perhaps this garden seemed more peaceful than the others.

She heard the soft sound of voices up ahead and stilled. It was Cyrus-san and someone she did not recognize. Mai decided to forgo trying to sneak up and pounce of him but she was already downwind and moved quietly closer on slippered feet out of habit. She wondered if this was the human familiar that the Mongol had but no, she remembered that one from the party a few months back and this person was not the same.

Catching the last words from the female voice, Mai frowned in puzzlement. Cyrus was in trouble? It would seem problems were following more than one of their clan these days.

Speaking quietly into the still night air, she greeted her clan mate.

"Konbanwa, Cyrus-san."
Cyrus 18 years ago
"There is no need to be sorry Fallon. I am uncertain but we will be fine." Not knowing how to comfort her or even deal with her gratitude he blushed. "I am sure you would have turned out ok. Though clanless vamps have more troubles than those with a recognized clan. I am simply happy you would like to join Anantya."

Pacing slightly around the gazebo he frowned at his fledgling. "You did not demand I get involved. I did so of my own free will. The only ill that should befall someone is Panos for terrorizing you and abandoning you."

Uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation and with the absence of Mai, he wondered what to do. His urge to hunt down the clanless vampire was strong, but first he needed to settle Fallon into clan life. Instinct made his skin prickle with the need to shift. The feeling travelled from his head down his body to his limbs. The shifting and bunching of muscles was probably noticable but the brunette had closed her eyes.

Deciding to turn this into a more active search he rested his hand on Fallon's shoulder.
"Mind walking some more as I search for Mai?"
Cyrus 18 years ago
Unsure how to comfort Fallon he kept his comments about who deserved ill to befall them. Launching into a tirade about her creator would do no good at this juncture. Continuing to sniff the air uncarring that his actions may appear highly feline. Relief pooled in his chest when he caught a faint scent of wisteria as well as the lilting sound of the familiar voice. Oddly enough other portions of his anatomy did not feel as relieved as his brain. Ignoring the physical reaction to the elder's scent for now he turned to see her coming up the path.

"Greetings, honored eldar Asahi Mai." He stated with a bow. "This is Fallon Tierney."

"Would you have a moment to spare for us to speak?"
Fallon 18 years ago
Though Fallon did startle a little, with the appearance of the tiny Asian woman, for her it was nothing. She even managed to remain seated until she heard Cyrus introduce the woman as his 'Mai'.

Fallon could feel her mouth drop slightly at the surprise. No where in her wildest imaginings would she have thought this young girl to be an elder of the clan. Vampire appearances were still something she had to become familiar with.

However, once she knew who it was in her presence, Fallon did stand, and extend her hand. Though she was smiling, she cast her eyes downward, in what she felt was a sign of respect. Not only did she want to give the elder a good impression of her, but she felt the woman was due respect. The feeling came to Fallon without reason, but she accepted it anyway.

"It is an honor, and a pleasure to meet you...ma'am."

She hoped the girl/woman did not take offense at the way Fallon addressed her, but she was at a loss in using any other term.
Mai 18 years ago
Mai smiled at Cyrus and returned his bow with a slightly lesser one of her own. She quirked an eyebrow at the woman he introduced but nodded her head in assent.

Taking the woman's hand she turned it over and looked at the palm. No caluses in the grip or fingers. She didn't seem to be a fighter. Interesting then, another human perhaps? Certainly Cyrus would have asked before bringing her here if she were. If this one was a vampire then she was not of Anantya that Mai knew of. Certainly not Nachton. One of the others? Why would Cyrus bring one of those here? So many questions to be answered but not by the palm of the girl's hand.

Reaching into her obi, Mai pulled out the red rose she had collected from the English Gardens and placed the flower in the open palm in front of her.

"I see you are a rose. It is a most intricate flower on the inside and sometimes it is withdrawn. All of its beauty hidden within the bud but eventually with the warmth of the sun and the nurturing of the land."

She delicately traced the edge of one petal with a small finger.

"It blooms and shows its beauty to the world. This then is for you, Rose child."

Stepping back, she looked over at Cyrus.

"What is it that troubles you both?"

((OOC: Going to assume since she extended it that Mai had permission to touch her...despite her not doing so in the expected way. Feel free to yank it away if you like, though I would need to edit. Just let me know.))
Fallon 18 years ago
When she felt Mai take her hand, Fallon raised her eyes and watched the woman as she seemed to study Fallon's palm. Fallon's hand was small, but looked so much larger than Mai's.

Touched when the woman gave Fallon the rose, she listened carefully, not being familiar with Mai's speech. The woman's words were beautiful, yet they seemed to be referring to Fallon, and not the rose. Fallon blushed when she realized this, and almost pulled her hand away in embarrassment. It seemed the woman must have thought Fallon was someone else. But to have done that would have been rude, so Fallon waited until Mai released her hand, and then brought the rose to her nose. The scent was delicious.

"Thank you so much, you are too kind."

Mai's question was directed to both Fallon and Cyrus, but Fallon deferred to Cyrus to address it. She also moved back closer to Cyrus, as if to draw strength and confidence from him.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Unsurprized by the appearance of a flower from Mai, Cyrus was still humbled by her insight. His smile was genuine when Fallon showed the same respect to the elder that he had, though in her own way. It made him very proud of her.

With a small head bow towards Fallon he began the story and request that brought them to the Manor.
"Quite recently Fallon was terrorized, attacked and turned by a clanless vampire. He released her with no further information or instruction. By chance we met and became friends unaware that we were more alike than expected. When I did discover her history I took her under my protection as a fledgling. She has expressed a desire to join a clan, Anantya."

Taking a deep breath, he forged on, unsure if this was the proper speach or not. "We have come here to begin the process and were hoping you could assist or advise us."