Down Time ((very open))

The last few days had been...hectic. In the mornings they crammed a day or two worth of work in four hours and then in the afternoon she and Rachyl had either met with the decorator or been shopping. In the evenings they were unpacking and installing their purchases. Meegan had finally found the man that had done her condo bathroom to come in and bring the master bath into the digital age.

And now she needed some time to herself. She sat on a bench watching the people as the sun began to set. She had ideas on starting a maternity line. She had looked and there didn't seem to be goth maternity wear anywhere. She felt like if a woman wanted to have a baby she should be able to do so in her own personal style. She wanted to split the line, one for her boutiques and another to go alongside the Hot Topic lines.

She had drawn every pregnant woman she'd seen. She needed to study the lines of the pregnant body in order to fit it with the best coth and lines to give the wearer comfort and the Gothic-ah sense of style.

A roaming officer had checked on her, once. She showed him her drawings and her ID and he'd left her alone. She supposed that a woman bundled into a long black coat, with black jeans covered in chains, with a thick black cap over pinkish hair, would look strange as she sat and stared at people then scribbled on a pad. Or she just might look like an artist, some people had no dimension.

She watched as a woman heavy with child walked hand in hand with a man, he seemed happy and frightened as he spoke and put his hand on her belly. Meegan's pencil flew across her paper, trying to capture the profile before it moved on.

(Feel free to join her, she doesn't mind interruption))

Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan shivered as the sun dipped below the horizon. Rachyl would be gone until morning and she just didn't feel like going home. She stood and moved around getting the blood back into her butt and legs. Walking four steps she sat on a different bench with a different angle of the Gardens. A woman pushing a stroller walked down the opposite side of the area she was in and Meegan watched her with curiosity for just a moment.

Shrugging she began to flesh out the lines of her most recent drawing and wished for a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream.
Fallon 18 years ago
She had about an hour to kill before she had to be at work, and hadn't really seen the gardens very well. The only other time she'd been there was the night Cyrus brought her, but they had to cut their visit short.

She had left her shoes in the garden, and knew without a doubt they wouldn't still be there, but it didn't hurt to look. As she entered she noticed a woman drawing over on a nearby bench, and the thought of feeding struck her. She didn't normally feed so early, but she was always fearful that something might happen later and she might not get another opportunity.

Once she gave the grassy area a good search, and confirmed her shoes were gone, she smiled, and approached the woman. Her old, worn black trench coat covered her practical black, straight wool skirt, and white blouse, but the mohair purple, and baby blue scarf, and matching beret dressed her up a little. Her slightly scuffed black boots were the only other things that peeked out from her coat.

"Hi...mind if i see?"

She was looking at what appeared to be sketches of pregnant women...which Fallon thought was a 'little' odd, but it also intrigued her.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Hi...mind if i see?"

Meegan looked up into the soft pleasant face of a woman, who looked just a little worn around the edges. In other words, normal. She could use some normal. Her hands had stopped moving and lay gently, protectively over her sketchbook.

"Good evening." She smiled warmly up at the brunette.

"Sure, they're just sketches." Meegan patted the bench next to her and tucked her pencils into the bag at her feet.
Ichiro Taiji 18 years ago
Tai tipped the cabbie well and asked the man to remain parked at the curb. He assisted the fashionably dressed Yuu from the back seat; never an easy thing to do, but of course Yuu managed it with style.

They'd visited one of Nachton's several museums that day, as they'd agreed to do. Tai had been impressed with what he'd seen, both in the artwork displayed upon the walls as well as the structure of the building itself, something he always looked at whether consciously or not.

As before, Yuu's company was captivating. She was sharp of mind and wit, and they'd managed to keep each other on their respective toes all afternoon. The entrance to the gardens had caught Tai's eye and he'd pointed them out to Yuu while in the cab. A brief stroll suited them both, so there they were.

Tai offered Yuu his arm, and they moved off into a veritable wonderland of interesting flowers and plants.

((ooc: Yuu moved with permission))
Yuu 18 years ago
Yuu encircled her arm around Tai's offered one. She thoroughly enjoyed this man's company. They had a long breath taking day at the Musem and he didn't once put his hand on her ass and for that, she exhaled a long breath and smiled sweetly at him.

For their outing she dressed in a delicate silk blouse that wrapped around at the waist. Her pants were soft leather that hung precariously at her hips and just barely covered her unmentionables. She liked to mix her dark side with her light and it proved to be most comfortable as well. Yuu bounced happily in her buckled combat boots as they walked slowly along the night blooming flowers.

'Curious that the city seems to come alive at night here. As if all things rotated around the rise of the moon. I'm typically a morning person, but looks like I'll have to get used to playing more at night.' She gave her companion's arm a soft squeeze and looked at the other people congregating in the park.
Fallon 18 years ago
Always pleased to be received by a smile, Fallon sat down where invited, and glanced down at the paper.

"It's lovely...you seem to have a real talent. Are you a designer, or just have an affinity for pregnant women?"

It appeared to be a sketch, like those Fallon had seen designers do in movies. She just never thought a designer would go out onto the streets to do sketches. But then, didn't see any reason why they wouldn't either. Aside from the fact that it was a little cold.

"I'm Fallon, by the way...I'm on my way to work, but had some time to kill."

By giving a stranger information about you, Fallon was finding they were much more apt to open up in turn. It still felt odd, because Fallon was continually surprised to find people seemed to want to hear about her.
Tai held the few overhanging vines that were in the way aside for his companion as they traveled through the maze of flowers that seemed to have a luminous glow all of their own.

When Yuu spoke, he raised one brow at her with light amusement. "Aha. So the gardens seem to bring out the poet in you. That was quite artistic. I'm more a night person myself, but even as such I think you're right; this city is far more lively at night than many I've ever seen. I suppose Tokyo is similar, but here it's as if there's no stopping it. Nothing closes, nothing changes. The rhythm is undisturbed."

He nodded his agreement with Yuu's observations. As they rounded a corner, they came across two women looking over what appeared to be a sketch pad. He grinned down at Yuu.

"Looks like you're not alone; the gardens bring out the artist in everyone."
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan smiled more fully. she wasn't used to people simply approaching her with such...curiosity. It was refreshing to say the least.

"I'm a designer."

She actually offered her sketchbook to this stranger. She never even let Rachyl have her sketch book. It was so...bizarre. ' Oh well not much for it. I want to share.'

"Nice to meet you Fallon. I'm Meegan."

She looked up and saw to very well dressed people come into the park. 'I bet they're vampires.' She had no idea where that thought came from, she hadn't had it about Fallon and she was just as likely to be a bloodsucker as those two. Perhaps it is because Fallon didn't fit her image of a vampire. Weren't all vampires young, rich, cold, and just a bit scary looking? Ok Aron wasn't, but...

Meegan shook her head, those thoughts were taking her no where.
Fallon 18 years ago
Gladly taking the offered book, Fallon gingerly turned the pages...each one eliciting an 'ooh' or an 'aw'.

"A designer, yes, of course I can see that now. These outfits are just lovely, and I'm sure they're going to going to be a huge hit with mom's to be."

Some of them were so attractive that Fallon almost wished one day she would wear them...and then smiled. Not only would she never, she wouldn't grieve for that thought either. She was totally without the need to mother a child.

"Do you work for a design house, or freelance?"

Fallon knew designer names only from reading them in fashion magazines, and occasionally hearing them on movie award shows. She had no clue if one represented a certain style, or what exactly made one differ from another.

She handed the book back, and her eyes lingered just a bit longer on Meegan's face, until she noticed the other woman was looking in another direction. Fallon's eyes moved along, and she saw the well dressed couple also.

"Do you know them? Am I interrupting?"

Mentally berating herself for just assuming the other woman was alone, Fallon stood. She looked back to the couple, but didn't notice any signs of recognition in their faces. The leather pants the woman wore she make her mouth water. Fallon wasn't into designer clothes, mainly because she could never afford such extravagance, but those pants were to die for.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Thank you. We'll go with, I work for a design house." No sense in bring up who she was if Fallon didn't know. It was nice not to get that. 'Oh you're -the- Meegan Masters.' Meegan had to stop herself from rolling her eyes.

She watched Fallon stand and frowned briefly.

"No I don't and no you're not. You can sit back down if you want."

She wondered briefly who the couple was, but she was not overly curious, and if they wished to join their little party then they would approach on their own.
Fallon 18 years ago
Sitting down again, with a soft smile, Fallon leaned back against the bench, and towards the other two.

"They're an attractive couple, aren't they? Don't suppose you may have designed those pants?"

Fallon wondered if after she put the down on her piano, she might be able to get some new clothes. She certainly could use some.

"They just look so soft, and comfortable, yet very sexy."

The comment was so unlike Fallon...to be so attracted to a piece of clothing.

"Sorry...I'm not usually someone turned on by another woman's pants. Maybe it's your influence."

And she laughed again, making a mental note of just how often she was laughing these days. Such a departure for her...or rather, another one she added to her list.
She missed Cyrus, though she hadn't been hit by any life or death questions of late. But Cyrus was someone she was beginning to feel affection for, and it had been so long since she had cared about...REALLY cared about anyone else.

"I sure wish I knew where she got them..."
Yuu 18 years ago
Yuu looked over at the other park patrons as Tai spoke of other artists being out. She wasn't one to socialize when it wasn't necessary, but sometimes being brazen was rewarded with contacts. Then she overheard the two women on the nearby park bench chatting. One commented on her pants. She raised an eyebrow and smiled. Gently pulling on Tai, Yuu directed them over to the bench.

With a smirk, Yuu decided she was feeling charitable and replied,
'I honestly don't recall where I got these pants. Sojo maybe on a trip, I think the east coast or it could've been somewhere in LA. I do most of my specialty cloth shopping at a little place called Leather and Lace in Los Angeles, but I did see a place downtown called...Gothica only with a k, I believe.'

Feeling even more sociable with a handsome man on her arm, she introduced them. 'I'm Yuu, this is my friend Mr. Ichiro.'
Tai simply followed Yuu's lead, and since his companion seemed to be feeling chatty, he went along. He bowed when Yuu introduced him, to each of the women in turn.

"A delight, to discover such unique flowers even in a garden as striking as this one."

He left it at that, with a smile for Yuu, who was certainly the most striking of the three. No sense in denying that; they did make quite the pair. Tai's arrogant side was well pleased.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan stood, and offered her hand and a smile. 'So much for all by myself.' One never know who one is going to meet, and this could prove interesting.

"A pleasure, Yuu, Mr. Ichiro. I'm Meegan Masters and this is Fallon."

She gestured to Fallon and smiled. "I believe the store is spelled with an A H on the end, not a k." She gave a small wink and her grin turned into a smile.

"They have a very nice leather collection if you ever get a chance to stop by. Tell them I sent you, they'll get a kick out of it."
Fallon 18 years ago
As the couple approached Fallon and Meegan, she hoped she hadn't spoken loud enough that they would have heard her. It became immediately evident she had, and Fallon blushed to her toes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry...I didn't mean..."

Fallon just nodded mutely as she was introduced to Yuu, and Mr. Ichiro. She felt twelve kinds of foolish for being overheard, and the compliment given by Mr. Ichiro was completely lost on her.

She also didn't understand the reason behind Meegan's wink, but hearing there was a store in Nachton that might have those pants, or something similar, she smiled as well.

However, unfamiliar with all of these people, Fallon's plan for possibly getting Meegan alone was quickly abandoned, and her unease began to grow. She would have needed to leave shortly anyway, to not be late for work, but now might be better than later. She inched forward until she was barely sitting on the edge of the bench, and waited for her opportunity.
Tai took Meegan's offered hand and bowed over it slightly. "Please call me Tai." Mr. Ichiro sounded so americanized; he'd been Tai or Ichiro-san for as long as he could recall.

The discussion of clothing had brought them over to the women and Tai had little to add, but he did raise a brow at the idea of Yuu in leather. Or lace. Or both. He hadn't exactly expected to run into such a fine acquaintance so soon upon his arrival in the US, but he wasn't about to complain.

As the women talked, he surreptitiously observed the two strangers from behind partially lowered lashes. The one with the notebook, Meegan, was interesting. An air of control about her, perhaps, from the way she spoke. Moreso, anyhow, than the stammering shy one - Fallon - who struck him as mouse-like.

Even now she seemed to be ready to flee. Tai briefly wondered what made her so jumpy. She'd seemed talkative enough to Meegan a moment ago. It was nothing to consider for too long, however; he wasn't interested in much that didn't offer some sort of gain.

Tai noted the book Meegan was holding. "Are you an artist?" He asked. "This is certainly an inspirational place to sketch. What is your focus?"

He did enjoy art, of every sort. He was a passable artist himself, but it was simply a hobby for him. There had never been much room in Tai's life for daydreams, but if there had been, he might have fancied himself some sort of artist.
Fallon 18 years ago
There was just nothing to be done for it. Fallon had to go to work. She was a little upset that she wouldn't be able to find out more about Meegan, and she was sure Tai and Yuu were just as colorful, if not possibly more so, but she just didn't have time to hang around any longer.

At least she wasn't leaving Meegan alone...she would have someone else to talk to. Fallon hoped she actually wanted someone to talk to, but then that was not something she needed to worry about.

Standing up, and moving a bit to the side, so she wasn't blocking anyone's view of each other, Fallon ran a quick hand down the back of her outfit, to make sure everything was in the place it was supposed to be in.

"Please forgive me, but I really do need to get to work."

Turning to Meegan she smiled.

"It was nice meeting you...all, and thank you for sharing your work with me. They're bound to be a big hit with the ever present mom's-to-be. Good luck."

And then with a nod to Yuu and Tai, Fallon walked off in the direction she had originally been headed.

(Fallon out)
Meegan 18 years ago
She smiled as her gloved hand fell back to her side.

"Thank you Tai. Actually I'm a designer. I come here when I need fresh faces."

Fallon stood and offered a good bye. Meegan smiled gently at her.

"Thank you Fallon, that is my hope. Enjoy your evening, it was a pleasure to have met you."

She watched the girl...woman walk away. Meegan sometimes forgot that she wasn't even thirty yet and it just seemed she'd lived two life-times instead of just barely half of one. Life was funny like that sometimes.

She closed her eyes to cut off the train of thought and turned back to her new company.

"What brings the two of you into the gardens tonight?"
Yuu 18 years ago
Yuu watched the other woman leave what seemed to be rather hastily. She frowned slightly.

'I do hope we didn't chase Miss Fallon away. We're just out for a breather after a day of exploring the city. I have to say, Nachton is quite interesting.'

She turned and looked up at Tai and noticed, unlike most men, he was actually paying attention. Maybe that's why she found herself enjoying his company more and more as the day progressed into night. He wasn't easily distracted so that put him at just above being a play thing to Yuu.

Yuu snorted slightly. Sometimes she was such a fucking snob. She then rewarded Tai with a demur smile.
Tai thought nothing of Fallon's departure. She was far too mouse-like to be of much interest at all. She even scurried away like a mouse. She was out of his mind the moment she made her exit.

His lips curled up just a bit at Meegan's profession. Not really a smile, but for him it was an expression of great interest. "I am an architect myself," he said smoothly. "The two are related. Interesting, is it not, how the things we wear and the places we live are great indicators of culture? We are building history, in a sense."

Looking down at Yuu, he allowed his 'smile' to grow a bit, become more genuine. He shook his head at her concern over Fallon. "Don't worry," he said softly. "If there were a reason for such a quick departure it surely couldn't have been you."

Her demure smile didn't fool him; they were playing a game now, and she had just upped the ante. He would see it out to its end; Yuu was, above all things thus far, the most enticing 'opponent' he had ever met.