Visiting the Orphanage (Attn:Simon)(inv only)

Alfarinn looked at the rubble a bit dubiously and checked the address he'd been given again. The area seemed right for where they knew the Tacharan were based but there was nothing much here. It could, he knew, be underground but still this looked like a vacant lot near some run down buildings and not a particularly welcoming vacant lot at that. The building next to it seemed to have once been a slaughter house. He had heard of the Abbatoire but since it was deep in Tacharan space, obviously square in the center of it, he had never gone.

It and the lot he was in seemed to something of a local hang out for the local street kids. Not the most pleasant looking crowd and he hoped that he did not look as much like a young rich target as he thought he did.

One of their number extricated himself from the rest and headed towards Alfarinn at an easy saunter. He nodded with his chin and asked his business here, the others looked they were considering rolling him for whatever money they could get off him.

Alfarinn was relieved when seeing Simon was an acceptable answer. The group might all be humans and they might not, probably not. He doubted they could kill him but he really wasn't up for a fight besides this bunch might not be able to kill him but he -was- standing in the middle of Tacharan terratory and who knew how many of those might come lend a hand if the opportunity presented itself.

The person in front of him led him out of sight of the others and to a well hidden entrance underground. He followed with some reservation but with an inward sigh. Letting Thaddeus know through the bond how far he had progressed. His lover and some of his clan knew where he was should anything go wrong but he doubted little could be done before help could arrive if his death were the intention.

They entered an elevator and headed down through rough stone walls that became smoother and eventually gave way to polished steel. His guide silently led him down a corridor before stopping at a door and placing his hand to the panel on the side. It slid open and he gestured Alfarinn inside.

Taking a cautious look, he saw nothing out of the ordinary, a meeting room with table and chairs, a screen on one side, computer terminal, conference hookups and that was about all. Alfarinn walked over and took a seat. The talkative stranger left and the door closed with a hydraulic hiss.

He felt there needed to be a new action movie, "Caged Tiger, Sitting Duck."

Simon Huntington 18 years ago
Alfarinn's presence was noted almost immediately. Simon was in his office, reading over the incoming messages from Tacharan's around the globe. They were coming, the older members. Not quite as old as Simon, but it wouldn't matter if they came together. Marthinus had contacted him as well, the family was safe...depending on the definition of safe. So far no one had openly spoke against Simon's leadership, but it was a matter of time.

Speaking of which, Simon had an Elder and his future in Nachton to meet.

Walking into the lobby, the taller Evenhet waited. With a small grin Simon approached Alfarinn.
'Well well, what brings an Evenhet into the bowels of hell? Staying for tea, hopefully?' He held his hand out, greeting Alfarinn.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked up when Simon entered and smiled. Standing up to shake Simon's hand before sitting back down again.

"They serve tea in hell? That's wonderful. All the rumors must be just bad press."

He watched his friend and wondered what new problems the Tacharan leader faced. Alfarinn was well aware that Simon did the day to day work and all the shouldering of worry and responsibility. Ellis was a force to be reckoned with, the beautiful but evil face of Tacharan. Yet it was really Simon that ran the show. He had always wondered what would have happened if Simon ran it in a way she didn't approve of. Would she have noticed? Eventually and then she would have replaced him with someone else. Probably a good thing he appears loyal still.

"Well I would like to say this was a social call. I would -love- to not burden you with any more problems but I believe we have an issue between us."

On top of the ones we both already have.

"There is a Tacharan familiar named Addison. I am told he belongs to Ellis. One of my clan mates met this man and bit him. He says that he did not know Addison was a familiar and from what I understand the nature of their evening would allow him to bite Addison without the human being any the wiser."

Alfarinn looked down at the table and waited to see if Simon had news of this event that he did not have. What had been Addison's version of the story that the Tacharan had been given?
Simon raised his eyebrows and then his expression settled into something akin to, if not directly related, an annoyed look. He put his hand on his hip, the thumb slipping through the belt loop. An annoyed finger tapped the material.

Simon had been positive that Alfarinn wanted to speak to him regarding the actions of the clan and the result of their raid on Hillman's warehouse. Not a worthless, at least in his eyes now, human who did not know better. His annoyance gained strength as he realized his time would now be wasted on the filanderings of a weak vampire and human. Still, Alfarinn had made the trip, he would not let it be wasted.

'Well, the human is no longer Ellis'. To be honest, I thought you were here to speak to me about her, not her familiars. You've had to have heard by now?'
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn looked at Simon blankly for a moment, stunned. Simon had given him and Thaddeus the impression that he had meant to do something to take down Ellis but he had not expected anything so soon. Perhaps there was just the opportunity. He collected his thoughts and re-evaluated where that left this situation.

"It is true then? Ellis is dead? You'll pardon me if I had not believed the rumor. She is someone who seemed pretty indestructible. The news came to us from Nic who was told by the familiar, Addison. So I hope you can see where we might have been skeptical of the information."Â?

This was a good thing in their current situation; Ellis would have used Nic's poor judgment to her best advantage. Simon did not seem to have heard of it, nor did he appear to care much about the familiar. Alfarinn leaned forward and put his elbows on the table. [/i]

"How have the Tacharan been taking the change? Is everything going alright for you?"Â?

He did not know the specifics to how Ellis met her demise; if there was suspicion towards the second in command then he might not have an easy time controlling the orphans. It probably wouldn't be easy in any case. If there was some way that Alfarinn could help him out then he would.
Simon tilted his head and gave Alfarinn a slight shrug.

'Tacharan is young but there is already decension in the ranks. The younger ones out of country are coming and it doesn't surprise or worry me. Though the few that have left the Domicile and the clan...that does make me pause. The news of Carol is equally...,' Simon struggled, looking for the correct word. 'Interesting.'

Not quite the word he wanted, but it would do.

'I'm guessing a summons to the Council will not be too far behind you, my friend. They'll want to know how I left my creator to die in the wake of the warehouse being destroyed by fire.'

Simon took a seat down next to Alfarinn and sighed slowly. In his mind he searched for Carol's presence but she was not near. He needed her just then...but then he always needed her.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn breathed out a sigh in sympathy for the Tacharan's plight.

"I have no doubt that it will come. So someone saw you leave her? There is no debating that claim?"

He could hope the whole thing could be considered an accident beyond Simon's control but if there were witnesses that saw him leave her to die then it would be something he could not refute.

"It was a necessary evil and I believe the council would see that. -I- see that and I am sure I could convince Megan of it as well. I will talk to her when she returns to Nachton. "

He looked at the other man and knew what it was like to have the world barely in some sort of control, juggling so many things in a precarious balance and knowing that if even one was allowed to falter then the whole clan would topple down upon him like a.... ton of bricks.

"You did what you must for your people. It was Tacharan justice within Tacharan and while it was the leader I am sure that between us we can present a case to show that it needed to be done for the good of all our kind, not just the Tacharan. "

There was still the situation he had originally come for and he sighed at having to continue to deal with it.

"Shall we call the matter of the familiar and Nic closed. I will see to it that the man never contacts the human again. If he does then I will banish him from Evenhet."

Hopefully that would suffice and no more punitive damages would be heaped on his clan.

"When the council calls you. I will stand beside you, My friend."

He placed a hand on Simon's shoulder and squeezed it once in reassurance before letting it go. Perhaps his support would not make a difference in the minds of the other elders but the new leader of the orphans needed all the help he could get.
Simon pinched his lips softly as Alfarinn pledged his help. He appreciated the other man's friendship, which was more than he could say about any other person he had known in his lonely life. There wasn't much more to say regarding the matter with Ellis, so he'd wait till the inevitable summons.

His thoughts turned to the human Addison and he found himself annoyed. 'No, the matter is not closed with your clan brother or our human. I have spoken with Addison on the matter of which he was employed by Duibne and pledged our protection for him. He seems to be putting his own needs in front of his new obligations. If Ellis were here...' Simon shook his head, 'let's just say he is very lucky it's me he has to deal with and I will do just that.'

Simon was growing angry. He's killed younger vampires for less insolence, now he has a human who is quite literally putting his ass out for all to bite.

'I will talk with our human. I would appreciate it if this...Nic, was it...kept his distance from Ellis',' Simon caught himself. Addison was no longer Ellis' property, he belonged now to Simon by right. He corrected himself, 'from my property. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.'

Simon stood and held his hand out to Alfarinn. He was angry and he knew it showed. He wasn't comfortable with it. He was with someone he thought of as his only friend. Simon knew Alfarinn would take care of it.

'On a lighter note, did you receive that invitation to another ridiculous ball? Something at the Mayor's mansion? Who does he belong to again? I forget sometimes.' Simon referred to the Mayor's familiar status. The vampires had their fingers in everything and everybody. It was more than handy.
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn nodded understanding Simon's position in the matter and the fact that what was a nuisance now could easily have been something larger.

"I will make sure he stays away. If he doesn't then he doesn't respect his clan and we have no use for people who willfully put us in danger for their own personal whims. Should he mess up again then I will let you know. "

He stood and shook Simon's hand. Laughing at the mention of the invitation, he said.

"Yeah, I suppose we all get to go and look pretty for the press. I belive he's one in Anantya's pocket this round. We'll just have to do better next election."

Moving towards the door, Alfarinn turned back.

"I suppose we'll see each other there. Let me know if you need anything. "

They were both busy men with far too little time for the pleasant things in life. At least now Simon had Carol and that was a comfort. She could heal some of the loneliness and fatalism that the new head of Tacharan always seemed to carry with him.

((OOC: Out pending responses))