Woo! Another odd question from Ginnie!

Ok well this one isn't about vampire poo or girly hair needing waxing, so it might not be as fun for some of you.

So I'm sitting here and I've been active as Meegan, Ginnie and Wren the last couple of days and Wren makes me laugh...a lot.

She said "Happy happy rainbow land" and I still can't get over it. Makes me giggle. My children think I've lost it and keep asking me what's so funny.

Ok so here's my question (s):

Do any of you get a kick out of the voices roaming around in your head, like I do, or do you just write it out and forget about it?

Do you hold conversations with them? (Pleading the fifth)

Do you dream about them, or think " would love this ,insert item, movie activity>"?

Also, do they sing in your head? Because I can't get Ginnie to stop, and you have no idea how awful it is to have an off key Scottish woman singing Seventies Funk in your head, -all the time-

Fiona 18 years ago
i'll admit to getting a kick out of the voices that roam around and maybe holding conversations with them... though it's the arguments that are more fun (don't you just love when they glare at you cuz you said such and such about them???)

But thank god none of them sing ~ cuz I think only one of them has a voice worth hearing...
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Absolutely and with all the boards I've been on its very crowded in there.

From AEA I used to call it the mental common room. I believe my live journal for my characters was called that as well. The term spread around and several other people had mental common rooms as well.

Billie and I have had long IMs with all of them in there together and on occasion she's nice and brings back happy meals for Jan (don't ask) and Nova throws fries at Thaddeus.

From the other board Gannon and Dharma used to sing in my head. Gannon sang "I was made in England" and Dharma sang "One Night in Bangkok" in an effort to shut him up. They argued and fought a lot.

Sorin and Alfarinn thankfully stay away from each other most of the time but on occasion they have their moments of interaction and it usually isn't pretty.

On this board, Jan sings alot and thankfully he has good taste in music and is nice to listen to.
Shay 18 years ago
I dream about one in particular...and its pretty much an extension of what she goes through here. Occasionally she, and one or two of my others will pop into my head with random sayings, causing me to smile at odd times...and my family to look at me really weird.

Cj, Mike, and I all allow our charries to chat via IM...it gets rather interesting, to say the least. Sometimes so much so it's hard to remember what we've talked about ic, and via im.
Aishe 18 years ago
No one talks to me in my head.

*looks around shifty-eyed*

*whispers: they told me to say that...*

*blink, blink*
Rachyl 18 years ago
Yes, yes, yes, no.
Nova 18 years ago
That's some crazy shit right there. Y'all are nuts.
Thaddeus Grey 18 years ago
*pounds on the closet door*
Danielle 18 years ago
*shakes head* Those two, always up to something. Hmm, I wonder if Thaddeus has a pen I could borrow...
Theodosia 18 years ago
*hides all the pens behind her back*
Maeve 18 years ago
Absolutely yes! My husband is frequently telling me how much I need help cause I'll talk about my characters like they're real. Sometimes I think I have characters I haven't even created roaming around in there. I swear Maeve has been sitting in a corner glaring at me since the first time I ran across SA and didn't sign up. She's much happier now by the way though that might change if I do get her bio done soon.

I pick out clothes for one of my character every time I walk past Hot Topic. I'll see something in there and go Jes would love that. Then I get that look from the hubby. Luckily the only ones that try to sing though actually can though the competing song styles can get to be a headache.
Simon Huntington 18 years ago
I miss writing with Ellis. I find myself wondering how Ellis would respond to something someone's said here on sa. Simon doesn't talk often in my head, but mostly just walks somewhere with his hands in his pocket. Sometimes he and Carol are discussing something pretty off the wall - kosher vs sweet, her ability to use a long range rifle, if the line of her stockings is straight. Carol's me so I pretty much say out loud what she would, sans the excessive cursing. Oddly enough Kyle doesn't say much.
Shay 18 years ago
Simon Huntington
I miss writing with Ellis.

Awww...*sniff*

(Dare I say it...we miss Ellis too... )
Pakpao 18 years ago
LOL! Yes, mental common room is the right term all my characters know each other and fight and occasionally have to separated (ask any one who knows both if they are surprised that Reign and Pak wreck havoc when left alone together).

Fortunately, as to the singing, the only ones that do that have good taste, even if they have bad to so so voices, at least they are good songs. Of course, I still blame Dharma for Pak’s singing One Night in Bangkok but that is a whole other story.

Usually they are the loudest when I am bored or when I’m working on something that particularly interests them… I still think its sort of odd that I know what they like and how they’d react in various situations and that they occasionally influence the groceries I by but I’ve given up and just go with it.

To sum it up let’s say that I tried to explain RP and my characters to my mother (after one or two too many) and she now thinks I need a shrink… gee thanks mom…
Ginnie 18 years ago
Oh, but you haven't lived until you've heard the whip it, whip it good song, off key with a scotish accent.
Pakpao 18 years ago
Why do I get the feeling that is one experiance I could live without?
Alfarinn 18 years ago
I second that feeling! I will stick with One night in Bangkok as well.

Reign and Therese fought before Pak got in there so I'm sure Therese doesn't mind sharing a little of the fight time.

*shakes his head at Billie's characters* Can someone let Thaddeus out of the closet please?
Aishe 18 years ago
*pushes the big red button after taping a bit of paper that says 'closet' on it, onto it.*

There you are. My pleasure!
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Alec cracks me up...part of why I pulled him out here, along with a couple of other reasons. Other characters I've played over the years do as well, but I rarely dream with them or talk to them. Most of them respect one another's privacy, but there are a couple of exceptions. I've considered bringing one of them in, but I have too much fun with Alec to dilute it just yet. :P
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Let me guess... Clean Willie?
Alec Devereaux 18 years ago
Oddly enough, Willie does make cameos in my head to spout one liners. I say oddly since I made him up spur of the moment but he's...lingered. Like the smell of a cleanser several hours after properly ventilating the bathroom. Mostly about the sad state of affairs in my kitchen or bathroom. "Dammit, man! Where's my cleanser?!?! You left a HAIR on the SINK AGAIN. Do you know how quickly that can lead to THE PLAGUE?!" :P

Nah, the one I've considered bringing in would be a challenge to roleplay and...would have trouble fitting in the world. No worries. Plenty of other peoples running around looking for air time, anyhow.