New Roomies

Wren stared up at the stairs and sighed. She had no idea if she could make it up to those.

"Please tell me you live on the first floor."

She wrinkled her nose at him when he smiled and shook his head. Oh well, she wasn't that drunk, she could make it up the stairs if he could. She tucked the hand full of dress and purse close to her body and put her other hand on the railing. It was quite the swanky digs, even though they hadn't gotten past the first step. That only goes to show you can't tell everything by the outside.

She took one step at a time, not saying a single word, as she chanted 'Left foot, right foot,' in her head. they made it to the second floor landing and she let out a huge sigh when she saw Drev put down her suit case and pull a key card out of his wallet.

"Oh thank goodness."

Wren leaned against the wall next to the door and hiccuped which made her giggle. She really needed some water, and maybe something to eat, so that the wine would start to clear from her head. She was going to have another nasty hangover in the morning. 'Shoot, I was hoping for a clear head on the bus to Connecticut. Oh well. Oooh I wonder if Drev will want to come with me. That would be cool.'

Drev pushed the door open and she swayed her way inside.

"Oooh nice."

((descriptions and movement with permission.))

Milazo 18 years ago
Drev had a smile on his face the whole way up to his condo. Wren was entertaining to watch when drunk

"It works," Drev said modestly as he snuck in behind Wren while she gaped
around the place. The bags were heavy, even despite his super-natural
strength. He set them down just inside the door so he could take off his
jacket and hat.

"Sorry it's a little messy..." he said vaguely, waiting for Wren to
finish gawking.
"Let me show you where you can stay...."
Wren 18 years ago
Wren shrugged at his messy comment. She'd clean up tomorrow. It was the least she could do.

"What? Oh sure."

She followed him into a nicely furnished living room. The couch looked plush and inviting and Wren realized she was absolutely pooped.

"This is nice too. Can I have a glass of water?"
Milazo 18 years ago
"Of course," Drev said, leaving her there. "Your room will be in
there," he said from the open kitchen, indicating a half-open door.

"It's not furnished now, but we can go tomorrow and get a bed and
stuff."The glass full, Drev turned off the faucet and walked back into the
living room.
"If you want to, that is. No other plans or
anything."

Drev handed her the glass and sat down on the couch. He patted the
cushion next to him, inviting Wren to join him in taking a load off.
Wren 18 years ago
Wren gave Drev a lopsided grin "Thanks." She sipped from the glass, before setting it on the coffee table. She turned so that her back was to the couch and just sort of let herself fall. She hit and bounced once. She gave a sleepy giggle. Lifting her feet she pushed at one boot with the toe of the other until it came off, then pushed off the other with her sock foot.

"No real plans."

She curled her feet up on the couch and her head found a perch on Drev's shirted shoulder. It was firm with muscle, but still very comfortable. She gave a mmm-sigh and wiggled her head until she found the right spot.

"I need to go to Brighton, before the post office closes at three, but other than that, I'm plan-less. Well now that I don't have to house hunt I am."

A yawn struck her and her toes pulled her legs out in a stretch. She curled back up and readjusted her head.
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev was a little surprised at how comfortable she seemed to be with him. He wasn’t complaining, exactly. It was just… unexpected?
Regardless, he shifted to make himself more comfortable for her, lifting his arm from beneath her to wrap loosely around her shoulder and softly leaning his cheek against the top of her head.

“Will you need a ride? It’s too cold to take my bike… Maybe I could rent a car or something? Unless, of course, it’s personal business and don’t want me along….”
Wren 18 years ago
His arm moved and she found herself in the hollow of his shoulder. It was a very comfortable spot to say the least. She wiggled a bit to find the perfect spot again and her eyes drooped as she considered his question. She would kind of like company, but maybe it was best to do it on her own, so she could get bank accounts set up, and he really didn't need to know just how much money she had. After all she'd been saving almost every penny of her tips for the last four years.

"Um, no. There is a bus that goes straight there and back in regular intervals and I have some other stuff to do in town to, like set up a bank account. When I get back we can go furniture shopping, because I'm going to need," she paused for emphasis, but it turned into a yawn. She waited until the intake of oxygen let her go, before continuing, "everything."

"Plus, stuff like hangers and," another yawn "like shelves and bathroom stuff. Is there more than one bathroom here or will we need to share, cause I have," Wren's voice dropped to a lower decibel and she stifled another yawn with the back of her hand, "a lot of bathroom stuff. Oh and I need something for all my lingerie. I had one of those neat little wardrobe,' she flapped a hand in front of her to help explain. "thingies. I'd like to get another one."

She tucked her hands between her knees and yawned again, letting her eyes drift closed.

"Can we find all that in one day?"
Milazo 18 years ago
"Yeah, I only have the one bathroom. I'd offer to give you a tour of the place, but this is too damn comfortable," he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, there's only the one bathroom, but I'm pretty quick. I can usually get in and out in about fifteen, twenty minutes, so that shouldn't
be much of a problem."

There were definitely going to have to be some ground rules, unfortunately. He wasn't usually big on rules and restrictions, but it'd be
best to get them laid down and agreed upon right off the bat. It'd probably be best to wait until Wren is sober, though.

"Well, we can sure as hell try to get all that done tomorrow. Did I ever give you my cell phone number...?"
Wren 18 years ago
Wren chuckled softly when he said he was quick. She yawned again and snuggled a bit closer, her body relaxed and she almost didn't hear what he's said about a number.

"Mmm, I don't remember. I um don't think so."

Her voice was low and quiet with sleep and she reached up a hand and rubbed her nose. Speaking of showers, they'd have to talk about some rules and stuff.

"Tomorrow, we can do that tomorrow."

She whispered and let sleep take her over. In the morning she would worry about the implications of moving in with a man and then falling asleep on him after only knowing him a day. Yep, they could do that tomorrow.

((Wren is very out.))
Milazo 18 years ago
Drev was about to say something when he felt Wren's body go limp against him. 'She really does trust me,' he thought distantly. Drev wasn't in danger of falling asleep just yet. After an indeterminant amount of time sitting on the couch with Wren breathing deeply against him, he very carefully disentangled himself from her and laid her gently down on the couch. He covered her with a spare blanket from the closet and brought her luggage into the spare bedroom. He began to undress as he left the spare bedroom, but the sight of the sleeping girl on the couch reminded him that he was going to have to be a little more discrete.

But if she wasn't interested him sexually, would it matter if she saw him in various forms of disrobe? Perhaps that would be something he'd discuss with her tomorrow along with the other house rules. Drev left the light on in the spare bedroom but left the door open just an inch or two so Wren would have some light in case she awoke in the middle of the night. Once in his own room, the rest of his clothes came off and Drev slipped naked into his own bed where he lay awake until nearly dawn.

((Drev out. Lock please.))