Turn On the Home Light

Rachyl stared almost forlornly at the semicircle of presents leftover from Christmas. She had wanted to keep the tree up til they'd actually checked out of the suite, but Meegan refused to let her. Of course, the hotel requiring the tree back for storage didn't help, either.

Little homey gifts she and Meegan had gotten each other for when they actually found a house were piled haphazardly where the tree used to be. Fondly floating over the memories of their first Christmas together, she suddenly remembered the gloves she'd forgotten, retrieved them, and stuffed them in her pocket.

She really did like the jacket Meegan had gotten her. The sense of "wow this is weird" had evaporated almost immediately upon opening the box, and she still smirked when thinking about it. "Why would Meegan buy me.. This is great! It doesn't quite make sense, but I love it!" (Of course, Rachyl completely neglected to remember the fact about not having brought her own heavy jacket to Nachton.)

The silver sequined silken spiderweb bodice and crushed velvet skirt had definately been a surprise. Rachyl hadn't worn it yet, indeed even refused to try it on. She trusted Meegan's size sense. Perhaps to "bless" the new home... Whenever they did find it. Rachyl sighed as she continued looking.

She had gotten Meegan a couple different hats, because it seemed to be one of the only types of apparel she never wore. The designer hated covering her face, but some of the choices she was now presented with framed it so wonderfully, it seemed difficult to truly dismiss the options. For winter, she picked up a small assortment of knit caps, scarves, and gloves - all matching, of course - that would best match her lover's winter wardrobe.

That had been a shock. The day Meegan clambered into her bed, weeping silently, offering emotion-laden words of apology, requests for forgiveness. Rachyl had hated to turn down those knowing hands, trembling as they were with both fear and anticipation... but they needed to talk first. They hadn't talked about... it... since, well ever. Aron had just breezed into their lives... And then right out again.
Rachyl still wasn't exactly sure what being attached to a vampire, then losing them, could do to a "normal" person. But she held Meegan each and every time her friend needed it. The bonfire raged on.

Her brain snapped back to the present, hearing Meegan on the phone. And it was still cold; her nose still hadn't warmed up. They'd turned down the heat before they left.

Placing her hands loosely together, along side her nose, she breathed in and out. As her face slowly warmed, she saw the time out of the corner of her eye and focused on it. Nearly lunch. Darn fool realtor (as Connie would say) had wasted half their day already. That poor woman... No, she wasn't poor. She just wasn't very good at what she did, what she was.

Shaking her head to rid herself of the memory (if she ever visited her professor in college she'd need to tell the class about the realtor who let her client fall down steps) she stretched her arm. It didn't quite feel bad, but she might have to talk Meegan into getting a masseuse tonight.

She moved into the kitchenette and heated up some water, and made two mugs of hot chocolate. She stirred them carefully, watching Meegan as she paced in the main hall, answering questions on the phone.

Meegan 18 years ago
"Actually yes, that would be great." Meegan toyed with the hem of her sweater, she preferred talking on the phone at a desk, so that her hands had something to do.

"No I don't think so, we'll see you in the morning." She hung up the phone smiling. She had really screwed the pooch with the blonde and had almost let Rachyl take over from there, but she felt like she needed to make up for it, so she had called Jeff's guy, his name was Max Tomlin. Max was a pretentious name to say the least, but turned out to be a really nice guy. He had asked her tons of questions, information that she had had to force on the other woman. 'Damn, Meegan, you are dense some times.'

"Well that's all settled he'll be here at eight o'clock to pick us up. Pick us up Rachyl, like he knew with out asking that I didn't want to do the driving. I wonder what Jeff told him."

She took the steaming mug from Rachyl with a soft sigh. "Thank you, love."

She curled into one corner of the plush couch and sipped gently at the scalding chocolate. This was the little bits of life that she loved. She would have made herself something, but it was nice to have someone who cared enough to do it for you without being asked. Had it been Rachyl on the phone she would have done the same, the knowledge of that, made her smile.

"Well we still have the rest of the day off, what should we do?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
"I'm in the mood for lunch. We didn't have much for breakfast." She sipped gently from her hot chocolate. "I want something hearty. Maybe a baked potato with bacon and sour cream. Or a cheesesteak. But no Chinese, I want to feel full afterwards. Chinese tastes great, but it really is less filling."

Gazing tenderly over the rim of her mug as she sipped again, Rachyl pondered what other things they could do with their day. "I'd say we could go decoration shopping, but we really need something to decorate before we get something to decorate with."
Meegan 18 years ago
"Room service or should we go to the restaurant down stairs?"

Meegan sipped from her cup and inhaled the warmth of milk and chocolate. She really didn't want to get out again, but if Rachyl wanted to go they would go. Shopping would pass the afternoon, but then so would a nap.

"That computer guy was supposed to fax me copies of the documents he'd been able to retrieve, today."

He had said that the damage to the hard drive's case would make most of the data irretrievable, but she was hoping he would be able to find her catalogues. Meegan had been anal enough to make excel spreadsheets of all of her CDs, DVDs, and books. She had been glad she'd taken some of her CD collection with her, but all of her DVDs and books had been lost. That monster had even destroyed her first editions. She sighed softly. She hadn't made a list of her clothes, but then who would?

Her clothes had been the only thing salvaged from the wreckage of her home, and since then a small team of her employees was making repairs to what they could and listing what had to be throw away. Hopefully her designer friends would feel sorry enough for her to replace her one of a kinds and originals. Things from the Gothic-ah lines were easily replaced. Well most of them.

She would need to do a lot of shopping once she had the lists.

"I need to buy some more clothes and I'd like to try and find some more boots. I still need to replace eight, or maybe it's nine, pair. Or we could just stay home and take a nap."

Meegan winked over the top of her mug, and took another sip
Rachyl 18 years ago
"Well, we still have the Porsche for the rest of the week. I want to go out. The hotel is nice and all, but I want something different to look at besides you," she said, winking again over her mug, "and hotel food does get kind of old, even being made by top ranking chefs. It's just not the same."

Rachyl nodded at Meegan's mention of the document list. She still occasionally felt bad when they talked about... what had been lost, but she had come to terms with it having not been her fault. She herself hadn't had much to bring with her, when she left Millville, so she had her own collections to begin.

Or did she?
"Shopping could be done, sure, after lunch though. But we don't have to go out if you don't want. It's completely up to you. Tomorrow it's my choice though."

Eyes sparkling, she sipped and blew gently into her still-steaming mug. Crossing the kitchenette, she bumped her hip lightly against Meegan's and poured a bit more milk into her concoction. "But a 'nap' sounds like an interesting alternative to those options."
Meegan 18 years ago
"It's a deal. Let's call that cheesesteak place that delivers and then we can watch a movie and take a nap. Or take a nap then watch a movie, or we could watch a movie during or nap."

She crossed to the counter that had a small pile of delivery menus, and began to rifle through them.

"And by nap I mean sex."

She found the cheesesteak place and pressed the numbers into the phone. When the guy picked up and yelled in her ear, she ordered two chicken, mushroom, and swiss sandwiches, fries, and two iced teas and gave them her credit card number. She hung up, winked at Rachyl and sipped from her mug.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl smiled and nodded as Meegan rambled about their lunch options. She feigned a yawn and stretched gracefully, wincing slightly at the twinge in her shoulder. "You might need to work on my shoulder, though."

Meegan's offhanded comment, "And by nap I mean sex," caused Rachyl to smirk, though she covered her giggle with her mug, draining it dry. One time, Meegan had followed through that comment by saying, "And by sex I meant screw your brains out and by screw your brains out I meant nap..." Just remembering it she snorted and giggled. She was very very glad she'd swallowed her the mouthful of heated beverage, or she'd be cleaning it off her ... yellow jacket.

And she realized she was really really warm. Whether it was from still wearing the jacket, or the promise of a "nap," she wasn't sure. To be safe, though, she decided to take it off. Setting the mug on the counter, she removed her jacket and stuffed the matching gloves in the pockets. Draping it over a chair, she listened as Meegan rattled off their order. Hoping the person on the other end understood what they wanted, she chanted,
"Chicken -cheesesteak-, chicken -cheesesteak.-"
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan drained her mug and set it in the sink. She sat down on one of the little bar stools and removed her boots, setting them against the wall. Picking up the tv guide she moved to the living room and curled on the couch again.

"So, what shall we watch? Oh look The Sound of Music is on." She flipped several more pages to the movie channels. HBO had some weird movie she had no desire to see, and Showtime had Striptease. Wrinkling her nose she tossed the book at Rachyl.

"Here you pick."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl ran water into the two cups and slid off her boots. Catching the book almost in the face as Meegan tossed it to her, she flipped through the pages. "I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but daytime movie selections are horrid, detestable, and really, really bad. We might get lucky with On-Demand but we might not..."

Leaning over the back of the sofa, her free hand idly played at Meegan's neck as she rattled off a few options. "Runaway on HBO, Space Truckers on HBO2, Stargate on HBO3... wow there's a lot of sci-fi on today on HBO. Then we have... Pirates of the Caribbean on Disney. No we can-not- watch that. Not with commercials. Sci-Fi has Tremors, Lifetime has some random sappy movie..."

Lightly dragging her nails along Meegan's neck and collarbone, she made a frustrated noise. "Where's the On-Demand list?" and leaving her task at hand, moved back to the kitchen table. She rifled through the papers, and with an "ah hah!" returned to stand behind Meegan.

It couldn't really count as "leaning" because the back of the sofa came up to her elbows, and she was just using it as a defensive barrier. Deepening her voice playfully, she read from the pamphlet.
"Narnia, Dukes of Hazzard, Underworld... I guess they're preparing for the sequel... Fever Pitch, Serenity, Must Love Dogs. Not a whole lot of selection this week."
Meegan 18 years ago
A shiver traveled the length of Meegan's body as Rachyl played with her neck. She was sad and glad when she stopped, other wise the little woman would have found herself drug over the top of the sofa.

"Gah, we've seen all of that. What's on the naughty channels?"

The phone rang. Meegan rolled her eyes and went to answer it.

"Meegan Masters."

Her ear was inundated with a very distraught Jeff. When she was out of the office, she made him the go to man, mostly because he wouldn't be afraid to call her should something go wrong.

"Ok, ok, slow down and say all that one more time, this time use English the entire time."

Meegan nodded at he spoke. When he got to the climax she had to keep from laughing out loud by biting her lip.

"Jeff, it's ok. Just shut everything down. Tell everyone to save and back up, then call that guy that saved us last time. Then I want you to go to whatever store you go to, and buy a new net work server. Or you can go home and order it. Just make sure it's there tomorrow along with some one to install it."

Jeff spoke again. "No, no, just send every one home. You guys can't work with out a network. Send the whole building home. The factory people use the network too. Make sure you put the phones on the technical difficulties thing."

She listened as a much calmer Jeff asked several questions.

"No, I want you to stay until the computer guy gets there, since he can't get in on his own. Then go buy the servers...Sure, ok. Have a good after noon too, Jeff."

She hung up the phone and rolled her eyes. Why did weird things like that happen when she took the day off? She sighed and returned to where Rachyl was still leaning on the couch.

"The network server blew up. I mean literally blew up. I told Jeff to send everyone home. They can't work with out the network. That computer guy is going to come make sure we can fix it with just a new server, other wise we're going to be up shit creek."

She sighed again. "Think we ought to go up there, or just let Jeff handle it?"
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl furrowed her brow and squinted at Meegan. "Why would we want to go up to Shit Creek? We've been there enough over the past six months. Let him deal with it. It only happens on days we take off. Let's stay here, eat fattening sammiches, watch dirty naughty movies, and maybe, if you're good, I'll let you make passionate love to me."

Rachyl wiggled an imperious eyebrow at Meegan and pretended to flip through the naughty movie section of the On-Demand pamphlet.
Meegan 18 years ago
"What if I don't want to be good?"

Meegan slid her arms around Rachyl's waist, pressing her body against, Rachyl's. She moved foward pinning the book between them and started to nibble on Rachyl's neck.

"Do we still get to nap if I'm naughty?"

She moved up Rachyl's neck to nibble on her ear, and the door bell rang.

"That would be lunch."

She chuckled and pulled away from her lover. She stopped at her purse and pulled a five out, before answering the door. She traded the bill for the big brown bag, with a few small grease splotches, and a handled cup holder. She turned around to go back to Rachyl and found her right behind her. She slid her arms around Rachyl's waist again, and leaned down to nip lightly on her jaw.

"We should eat while that's hot."
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl groaned in discontent when Meegan disengaged from her and went to answer the door. Squeezing the cushion at the top of the sofa to keep her hands from leading the charge to tackle her lover, she just stared at the open book, now rumpled and folded. Nothing jumped out at her. Maybe they'd just dial a random movie and suffer.

She followed Meegan to the door after a few moments. The taller woman wrapped her arms around, still holding onto the food. Twitching slightly at the nibbling, she reached behind her to place the food on the nearby table. Turning back into Meegan's arms, she hugged her lover close.

Rachyl smiled up at Meegan innocently and slid her left hand between their bodies. Cupping the taller woman's center, her eyes widened at the heat detectable through the fit jeans. Mischievously she said,
"Hmm, eat this while it's hot? Or that?" she questioned, tossing her head gently towards the food. Playfully, she kissed Meegan's lips and moved back a step, keeping the designer at arm's length.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan blinked several times, and took a deep breath. "Damn Rach."

Laughing softly she picked up their food again and walked to the kitchen. She set the bags down and pulled three of the white ceramic plates the hotel provided out of the cabinet. She set them down and opened the bag. The tug between her legs and the knot low in her belly, made her hands shake a little and she did her best to ignore them. She really was hungry and they should eat while it was hot. Cheesesteak was crappy cold.

She put their lunch on the plates she put all of the fries on one plate for them to share, since they had found that it was much easier that way. they settled at the little bistro table in the kitchen and ate. Their conversation was small and skirted their normal sexual banter. Meegan was mostly responsible for that, as she was having a hard enough time getting through the meal, with out talking about it.

They finished, and Rachyl went into the bedroom to find a movie while Meegan quickly washed their lunch and hot chocolate dishes.

Meegan and Rachyl spent the afternoon in bed, their sighs and moans mingling softly with those coming from the television. Meegan turned on the stereo after the movie was over and they remained in bed. Dinner was ordered up from room service and eaten quickly.

There were days when they couldn't seem to get enough of each other and this was one of them. Meegan would sometimes think how glad she was a woman and able to orgasm multiple times in an hours time, other wise their lovemaking would drive her just a tad insane.

The next day dawned on two very sated women. The alarm woke them at six so that they would have enough time to shower, dress and eat before the realtor arrived. Lucky for them Rachyl had the wherewithal to suggest they take separate showers.

Meegan ordered breakfast and ironed her jeans while Rachyl showered. She had opted for another pair of black jeans, this pair also low slung, but covered from hip to ankle in chains and rivets. The legs were wide and if they were held just right looked like a skirt. Her top was a black tank top under a sheer mesh long sleeve blouse. It wasn't very warm, but she would be wearing a coat.

When Rachyl was finished she hopped in the shower and then pulled her hair into two french braids down the back of her head. It would dry while they ate.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl had walked towards the bathroom five times while Meegan showered. It took every ounce of her willpower not to open the door. Because if she did, she'd find herself naked and assisting her lover, washing her back... or front, or sides...

Shaking those thoughts back to the bottom of the gutter, she slid into an iron-warmed pair of blue jeans. "Just plain old blue jeans" wasn't a fashion definition Meegan allowed in her vocabulary, but then again, she didn't enjoy little frost bitten points of metal sticking to her skin. Goth jeans in January were painful. And she knew - though Meegan wouldn't admit to it - that her lover stared at her ass when she wore regular jeans. She squirmed into a teal camisole, then topped it with a blue flannel shirt she'd hidden in her bags from Meegan. She couldn't wait to see the woman's face when she came out of the bedroom. It wasn't fashionable, sure, but it showed off her breasts nicely, and she was warm, compared to yesterday.

Warm was good, in her mind. Besides, it was fun to shock Meegan sometimes. Twice in two days was a good start to the week.

Brushing her hair was always a pain when it was curly, but both she and Meegan liked it that way.

Room service delivered their breakfast with little fanfare just as she'd finished dressing. Setting out the food on the table, she left it covered.

Waiting for Meegan to get out of the shower, she washed the length of ballchain that they'd used last night. Possibly again, because she couldn't remember if she'd washed it, then sat at the table, playing idly with it. Snapping it, unsnapping it, twirling it around her finger. Her mind drifted to last night, though, sated as she was, didn't thankfully engender any heat. Yet. She couldn't even remember the name of the movie they'd originally watched, let alone the food they'd eaten for dinner. The room service bill mentioned a couple plates of vegetable lasagna. That would probably explain the slight garlic aftertaste in her mouth that morning.

She looked up as Meegan entered the kitchen.
"Breakfast is here."
Ginnie 18 years ago
Meegan had put a pair of opaque tights on under her jeans to keep from getting frost burns from the rivets, and then wool socks over them to go into her combat boots. She stopped in the door way and stared at Rachyl.

"Seriously?"

She rolled her eyes and joined her at the table. Pulling the lid off one plate, wrinkling her nose, and switched it with the one in front of Rachyl. The second plate held an egg white omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes, dry wheatberry toast, and a small bowl of plain yogurt. The one she'd given to Rachyl had scrambled eggs, bacon and lightly buttered rye toast. The coffee and tea sat in carafes and Meegan poured herself a cup of coffee, putting a single packet of splenda in it.

"Are you really going to wear that out of the suite?"

She used the side of her fork to cut a piece of omelet and slid it into her mouth.
Meegan 18 years ago
Meegan had put a pair of opaque tights on under her jeans to keep from getting frost burns from the rivets, and then wool socks over them to go into her combat boots. She stopped in the door way and stared at Rachyl.

"Seriously?"

She rolled her eyes and joined her at the table. Pulling the lid off one plate, wrinkling her nose, and switched it with the one in front of Rachyl. The second plate held an egg white omelet with mushrooms and tomatoes, dry wheatberry toast, and a small bowl of plain yogurt. The one she'd given to Rachyl had scrambled eggs, bacon and lightly buttered rye toast. The coffee and tea sat in carafes and Meegan poured herself a cup of coffee, putting a single packet of splenda in it.

"Are you really going to wear that out of the suite?"

She used the side of her fork to cut a piece of omelet and slid it into her mouth.
Rachyl 18 years ago
A slice of toast dangled nearly precariously from Rachyl's fingertips as she nodded at Meegan's question. Chewing and swallowing, she responded verbally. "Sure, I figure, why not? You got plenty of use out of them last night, this way if you see them dangling around my neck you might get the idea to tease me with them yourself."

Rachyl was of course referring to the ballchain on the table; she had definately planned on snapping them around her neck for their day out. But she knew that Meegan probably was referring to her shirt choice, and instead ignored that pointed question. Slowly working on her toast, she used her fork in her free hand to push clumps of egg around.
Meegan 18 years ago
"Oh sure, ignore the real question." Meegan rolled her eyes, took a bite of toast and a sip of coffee. She really didn't want Rachyl to wear that shirt, but it was her body and her choice. Sighing softly Meegan spread strawberry jelly, that she had been assured was 100% fruit, and looked indolently at Rachyl.

"I thought we could stop by that glass shop down on the Strip after we're done. I want to get a thank you gift for Jeff."

She took another bite of eggs and did her best to ignore Rachyl's shirt.
Rachyl 18 years ago
Rachyl saved two pieces of her toast for after she finished her eggs. Sprinkling a little salt and pepper, she leisurely moved forkfuls into her mouth. "Yes, I'm wearing this shirt for today."

Of course she didn't tell Meegan there was a comfy camisole underneath, though it would hopefully be a nice surprise later. "Besides, I was freezing yesterday. At least now that I have a warmer shirt and my gloves, I should be all nice and toasty inside my lovely jacket. I think it's a very good idea to get a gift for Jeff, but the destination is better suited for you to choose, since you're the boss. I also don't think it's a good idea for us to stop in until tomorrow, seeing as how we need at least one more full day this week of searching."

Nearly finished her eggs, she broke a few slices of bacon with her fork and nibbled. Rachyl was glad that Meegan was allowing her to flex her real estate muscles without actually having all the responsibility. She was sure Meegan trusted her instincts, but really wanted the whole "shopping together" experience of buying their home, instead of going out and selecting one she "felt" would be good for both of them. And Dill.

"You know, I had a thought. We should bring Dill with us. He's going to be as much an occupant of the house as we are. Though as long as he has a fence and lots of space to run, I can't imagine he would begrudge us deciding for him." Winking, Rachyl dropped the last piece of bacon on her tongue and chewed quietly.
Meegan 18 years ago
At the sound of his name the dog came over and sat at the feet of his mistresses, hoping that they would feel sorry for him and give him whatever smelled so good. He's never had any luck with this ploy as they never gave him their food, but he could hope. Meegan reached down and scratched behind his ear, as she sipped from her coffee, all her yogurt, half her eggs and two pieces of toast eaten, she considered herself finished, if not completely full.

"I hadn't given any thought to going into the office today. I just want to shop for him today. We are scheduled off until tomorrow afternoon, for the weekly staff meeting, so I hadn't any intention of stepping foot in that building until then."

She pushed her plate back and gave her leg a pat. Dill obediently and hopefully put is paws on her thigh and sniffed at her face with out licking. He didn't lick her, she didn't like it, and he wanted to stay up so he just sniffed. Meegan ran her hand up and down his back getting all of his itchy spots.

"I think he should stay here. The new guy might not want a dog in his car. Besides Dill will be happy where ever we take him. He just wants to be with us. Isn't that right Dilly?"

She put her hands on either side of his muzzle and scratched behind his jaw, and he flicked his tongue out careful not to touch her with it. He liked that scratch he could never quite get that spot with his paw. She put a kiss in the middle of his head and that was her signal for him to get down. He put his paws on the floor and turned to his other mistress. She was always good for a scratch and she let him lick her.

The phone rang and Meegan went to answer it. She spoke briefly and hung up.

"That was Jeff, he has servers arriving at noon, and the computer guy said our network was fine and that the server could be saved. Jeff told him, that it was being replaced since this is the second time it had happened. He had asked Jeff if he could by the machines. Which was why he called. I told him that was fine, and to ask for whatever was fair. I was just going to donate them to good will or something. It's not like we need them."

She shrugged and sipped from her coffee looking at her watch when the phone rang again.

"Bet that's the realtor. Are you ready to go?"

She set her cup down and went to answer the phone again.