Impromptu Meeting (invite only)

Alfarinn walked towards the other man, figuring he would meet Simon somewhere in the middle. The emotions he sensed were alarming and now that he noticed them he found that he could not stop. His excellent mood was suddenly shot and now he was worried for his clan and the people in this room.

What was going on? How bad was it? Was he over reacting? If so then why did Sorin leave in such a hurry and why did Simon also seem aggitated?

"Do you know what's going on?"

Simon Huntington 18 years ago
'A waiter, he passed by our table.' Simon licked his lips, fighting his blood lust. 'I could smell his fear. It triggered in me...' he didn't think he'd have to explain. Simon was positive he was exhibiting the signs of a coming blood lust. His pupils must be the size of saucers by now and his fangs were aching to draw blood.

'Something is very wrong here, my friend.'

Just then Simon's eye caught Sorin moving away from his table as well. The other vampires, the older ones can feel it as well.
'The other's?' Asking Alfarinn who's expression matched his own. Reaching out Simon grabbed Alfarinn's arm, still spinning, looking around as his perception went into overdrive.

Hissing he said,
'We need to get our people out.'

((ooc - permission to grab alfarinn's sleeve))
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn watched Simon with keen interest. The man looked hungry... not just hungry but starving with a building excitement. That was the unmistakable look of those with the ability to bloodlust. While it was not a trait his clan possessed he had still seen it enough in all his years to know the signs of it. Hell, from being on the receiving end of it. He just hoped Simon was more sane while under its effects than many who had such abilities.

His friend seemed as worried as he was by something that he was not fully able to put his finger on.

“The waiter is anxious about something... more than that expectant. Something is going to happen and though I don't know what.. I don't think it is an after dinner show. There is more than just him, some of the other staff as well..”

He nodded and agreed quickly.

“Yes, we do. I'll let Thaddeus know as well.”

He sent quickly to his companion so that Thaddeus could tell the table where they had been sitting.

[Simon says the waiter smells of fear. I sense that also and in some of the staff. Tell Cyrus to get those there out of there quickly but orderly. We don't want to start a panic. I will try to round up more of the Evenhet.]
Simon's grip on Alfarinn's arm grew tighter. His blood lust was pushing him close to the edge. If something happened...if there was blood...

'Two of mine said they smelled something.' Simon looked back at the table. He sent a message to Carol.

[Alec and Nova smelled something, ask them what it is? And prepare the others.]
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn raised his eyebrows at the mention of smelling something odd. That might give them a better idea of what was going on here. Gasoline, chemicals, gas, wet paint, hell, who knows? He waited to hear exactly what they had sensed because that would hopefully give them more clues so they knew how to handle the people.

“Do they know what it was?”

It might be difficult for Simon to handle the situation of getting his people out if he lost control of his bloodlust. Alfarinn frowned slightly in thought.

"Do you need blood? Will it help?"

Did they even have that amount of time?
Simon gave him a nervous laugh. 'Alfarinn...you don't understand.' Blood lust wasn't just one feeding, it was gorging. Once it started he'd need more than the usual feeding and to top it off he hadn't fed but once since the fire. There's no telling how much he'd take.

'No, there's no time.' He looked back over at Carol. 'Carol's trying to figure out what they were smelling. So far fear is the general concensus.'
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn frowned a bit in disappointment at such a wasteful ability. All that blood and for what use? It seemed to help the orphans but it also seemed hard to control. He wasn't certain it was worth the price one could have to pay.

Now, however, was not the time to worry about.

"I like you...but not that much."

He smiled slightly at the Tacharan before looking around the room for his chief of security and those that he needed to see to safety. Was there going to be people blocking the exits? Was the building not safe or just the people?

Alfarinn nodded and waited to hear more. Pulling out his cell phone he called Christian.

"I don't have time to explain. Start gathering up the Evenhet and get them out of the building. Is Dani with you?"

He was certain his familiar said she was coming to the event and he recalled mention of her accompanying Christian but she would probably begin socializing with the other guests, leaving the more distant security chief to his own devices.

"Please get her out, Cris."
[Simon it's a bomb.]

Simon listened to the rest of Carol's message and he turned back to Alfarinn. His blood lust now giving into fear for the safety of not just Carol and his clan but all the clans.

'Alfarinn it's a bomb. Somewhere...in here. We need to move everyone out, right now.'
The Voice 18 years ago
The sudden blast originating from the corner of the room you entered and knocks everyone off their feet. Bits of wood, metal, and slivers of glass pelt the floor around the guests. An inferno has risen up in the corner. The only safe exit is the garden doors, and the entire room seems to be headed there at once.

The big bang.
Simon's eyes snapped open and he sat up onto his feet as he looked around, dazed and confused. Slowly he stood a little wobbly but checking himself out, he felt fine until he felt something sticking out of his thigh in fire lit room. A piece of wood about six inches long had embedded itself into his thigh. With a quick pull, he pulled the object out of his thigh. The pain was short but significant and he bared his teeth rather unhappily.

[Simon?]

Looking over he shook some clarity into his head and called out to Carol.

[I'm here, I'll find you.']

Looking around the room he felt the wave of the heat coming up out of the floor and it cast long shadows on what was left of the ballroom. Bending low he reached out, looking for Alfarinn before he set out to help his own clan.

'Alfarinn? Alfarinn are you alright?' The darkness wasn't a problem, in fact Simon would normall see clearly, but with the blast being as close to them as they were, it left him dazed and his eye sight not at 100 percent to say the least. Carol was clear in his head but the screaming around him was slightly muffled but getting increasingly better...which meant louder and more ear piercing.

'Alfarinn, we need to go.'
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn blinked at Simon in incomprehension for a brief moment. The man went from saying people had smelled something odd to telling him there was a bomb. Whoever it was that Tacharan had that could smell bombs must be pretty damned handy.

[Thaddeus... Simon says its a..]

And them the floor went out from under him or seemed to. There were times when it would have been nice to have more physical abilities. Now would have been one of those times. He found himself laying on his back staring up into flickering darkness and rapidly accumulating smoke.

[...bomb. Where are you?]

He could sense his companion and knew he was well enough if equally stunned by the situation. It allowed Alfarinn to think more clearly; had Thaddeus been hurt then he'd be a much more the frantic mess. Still he wanted to see that Thaddeus was alright for himself, despite his senses.

Simon's voice sounded like it was coming through the end of a really bad phone connection, so tiny and flat sounding. Alfarinn pushed hair away from his face with a soot smeared hand, ignoring the small cuts he had obtained during the blast.

Getting to his feet and nodding to the Tacharan, He looked around the room.

[I am okay and with Simon. ]

There was a woman face down nearby and he reached down and pulled her up and over his shoulder. There was no telling how many people were injured to the point of incapacity but it would seem most of the clans had been given enough warning by their senses to not be a part of the main blast.

"Yes, we do."Â?
'Look to your clan, Alfarinn. I need to find mine. Good luck.'

With that Simon put his hand on the blonde's shoulder and went to search for his people. The deep cut in his thigh was slowly regenerating but not as fast as he'd like. Having not fed enough since the fire was taking its toll on him as he limped away.

((OOC Simon out))
Alfarinn 18 years ago
Alfarinn nodded to Simon somewhat distracted. Christian and Thaddeus were sending to his head. Danielle was alright. He had hoped she had yet to arrive but Christian confirmed she had but was in good health. Theodosia was also headed out of the building.

Knowing that many of his people were safe and accounted for was reassuring. Alfarinn carried his burden towards the door.

((OOC: out ))