Shock and Confusion (attn: Fallon)

Cyrus managed to keep Fallon looking like she was moving while his arm was wrapped protectively around her. His driver raced ahead opening doors and shoo'ing people out of his way. Thankfully she could deal with the concierge who would be told that a dear friend of theirs had just died, causing them both much distress.

One had, Fallon's ignorance to vampires, perhaps in a very brutal way. He was going to get to the bottom of this and then hunt down the rogue who recklessly turned humans. Standing with Fallon in the elevator he realized he was snarling at his reflection. Good thing they were alone.

Within moments he had her safely ensconced in his suite's sitting room on the comfortable couch. He got her some water and took off his jacket and button down shirt before divesting the brunette of her wool coat and velvet jacket. Crouching down in front of her he placed his hands on her knees.

"Lets talk Fallon."

Fallon 18 years ago
From the gardens, to the hotel, from the car, to his suite, Fallon hadn't uttered a word.

At random intervals she would appear lucid and alert, looking around at him, and her surroundings, but nothing was registering. After a few seconds, she would lie her head back against his shoulder or chest, and clutch at his shirt as if trying to keep him close.

Though it had been Cyrus and his altering, that had shocked Fallon into her mind, he had really only acted as a catalyst for all the things she had experience the past few days. For it was unquestionably a shock to see a person emerge from the body of a leopard, that in itself had not been an act of violence. And it was the violence that she had never been able to come to terms with fully.

Ted, Panos, and even at her own hands with the kitten, and later the man outside the club, and Alyssa. Fallon had become a violent monster, just like the one she had escaped from, and the one who took her without her consent. And she was in no way ready to accept responsibility for any of it.

It wasn't until she felt her coat being removed, and then her jacket, she began to come back to herself. The time and patience Cyrus had shown her worked quickly towards helping her achieve that end. But it was his hands on her knees that shook her. With the memory of Panos licking and then biting her there, just nights ago, Fallon jerked at the sensation. His words still not taking on any meaning.

"No! Don't!"

She was reliving it, but only for a brief moment. Then the veil parted from her vision, and she saw Cyrus again. For a few seconds she leaned back into the cushion of the couch, closing her eyes, and resting her head.

"I'm sorry...I hurt my knees a few nights ago, at the marina..."

Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, and the explanation was followed by a soft sigh.

And then a choking sound preceded her sitting up, stock still and straight backed.

"You...wait...no...what are you? How did you do that...that...you were an animal!? Please don't hurt me...please...please let me go. I won't tell anyone...I'll just go back to my room, I promise."

A small whimper escaped, as she pressed herself backwards, as if to blend with the couch...become one with it. But she was far from focused enough to do anything of the sort. All she seemed able to do was stare at him, and shiver.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus was shocked at her reaction. Somehow he had inadvertantly set off a reaction that had to do with whatever she had seen or experienced. Well, at least it knocked her from the state of shock she had been in. Swiftly removing his hands from her knees he moved to sit upon the coffee table behind him. It should be sturdy enough to hold him up.

It took a great force of will to sit calmly while she paniced and babbled. He had to get her rational again if he was going to get any answers. With an abusive husband he doubted that she would react well to violence but perhaps authority would work. He casually crossed his arms across his muscled chest.

With a very firm but not loud or threatening he spoke to her.
"Fallon! Calm down. Tell me the name or appearance of who hurt you. I will answer all your questions after you calm down and answer mine."
Nicholae 18 years ago
Cyrus, apparently, was as wise as his years. Ted very rarely spoke to Fallon while beating her. Sure, he would shout epithets, in between slugs and slaps, but Cyrus' firm, logical words, said in his no nonsense manner, captured her attention, and again brought her around.

"Who hurt me?"

How about who hadn't hurt her...that list was shorter...easier to recall.

"I told you...didn't I? My..." She refused to say husband again...ever. "Ted...he beat me...so I left him."

And Panos. Panos hurt her. He had made her the thing she was now. But she couldn't tell Cyrus what she was. She wasn't like him. She didn't turn into a beautiful leopard...she kept her face when she was the monster.
Fallon 18 years ago
Cyrus, apparently, was as wise as his years. Ted very rarely spoke to Fallon while beating her. Sure, he would shout epithets, in between slugs and slaps, but Cyrus' firm, logical words, said in his no nonsense manner, captured her attention, and again brought her around.

"Who hurt me?"

How about who hadn't hurt her...that list was shorter...easier to recall.

"I told you...didn't I? My..." She refused to say husband again...ever. "Ted...he beat me...so I left him."

And Panos. Panos hurt her. He had made her the thing she was now. But she couldn't tell Cyrus what she was. She wasn't like him. She didn't turn into a beautiful leopard...she kept her face when she was the monster.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Patience wearing thin, his fingers began to drum on his arm. She was very confused. A number of ideas raced through his mind; turn her over to the clan, toss her into the street, let her go about her life or simply kill her and put her out of her misery. The sigh at her almost incoherance was restrained, but barely.

"Forget Ted, he no longer exists. Who hurt your knees. How. All I need is a name, Fallon. Tell me who." His voice was firmer this time, but just a bit quieter.

It was a shame that blending was such a common enough vampire skill that it could not be atributed to any clan. This made him fear that one of the multitude of clanless had gotten a hold of her. Somehow he had to reach her, and get her talking.
Fallon 18 years ago
"My knees...I fell at the marina...I was being chased..."

Why was she protecting Panos? Why was there this thought that he shouldn't be punished for what he did to her? So he 'lost control' and almost killed her. No. He did kill her. And because he was feeling bad about it, he brought her back, to now be like him! And then, to just turn her lose on her own, to fend for herself!!

She owed him nothing!

"Panos...his name is Panos. I don't know the last name he goes by, I'm afraid. The bastard found me at the marina...chased me until I fell onto the asphalt, then forced me to drive him home."

She laughed bitterly then.

"And when he saw how bad my knees were, he was evidently overcome with this...desire...and bit me! The sonofabitch bit me!"

She had begun recalling her experience in a very monotone, quiet voice. But as she continued, and the story began turning from bad to horrific, her words got louder, and angrier.

"Then he says he lost control, and before he knew it...he had killed me. He killed me! He sucked every bit of my blood away, and I died."

Her tone had now turned a bit incredulous, and quieter again. It was almost as if she was just now really grasping what had happened.

"I guess somewhere in that body of his he must harbor the tiniest of conscience, either that or the man is a bigger sadist than I thought. Whatever the reason, he felt compelled to then make me...like him..."

The last two words were spit out vehemently, and Fallon's eyes focused back on Cyrus.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Her story was sad but not too horrific. Though to an unaware human it could be just enough trama atop an already tramatic life. Sad at the story and the fact that some vampires turned humans with little regards to their misery. Was just best to put those down than to turn them. Carefully he placed his hands upon the edge of the table gripping it firmly, careful not to break it.

"I am sorry Panos hurt you, Fallon. But please realize, not all vampires are like him." Cyrus wondered if there was anything he could say to ease her pain that fueled the anger.

"I was born in the year 873, in a Mongol Yurt to a small clan that followed the herding path their ancestors had followed. I took care of yaks for the first two decades of life. After that, things changed. One of my abilities is to shapeshift into my leopard skin. I did not mean for you to be frightened."

He raked a hand through his hair and mumbled. "Or even to see me like that."
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon really looked at Cyrus, when he spoke, and heard him defend 'vampires'. He said Panos was not like all vampires, which meant he knew vampires. Her mind was clear again, and she was fully understanding what she was being told.

Fortunately, Cyrus seemed to have a much better handle on how to explain things to mad, irrational women, as her reaction to his story was much better than her reaction to Panos' had been. Then too, it seemed to be a story she was hearing more often...maybe she was just becoming used to it.

He spoke to her calmly, almost soothingly, and she found herself relaxing just from his tone. That he seemed to exhibit some discomfort, knowing he scared her, made her trust him even more than his not beating her had. Even Panos, with all the pain he had inflicted, had struck her as well.

"So you are a vampire as well, with the ability to change into a leopard?"

It was posed as a question, but she was really just reiterating his statement aloud, to clarify it in her mind. She didn't doubt what he said...how could she. She even pretty much took it in stride, she was gaining experience in hearing this type of information.

Watching him run his hand through his hair, she sensed, oddly enough, that he was unhappy she had seen him in his animal form.

"Why...did you change...if not to scare me. Is it something you cannot control?"

Her question was asked simply, and quietly. The next one contained a little more panic again, though she did remain calm.

"Will that happen to me? Will I become an animal...a REAL animal, as well?"

Panos hadn't changed into anything, at least not while she had been with him. She didn't think she could handle the thought of any more changes taking place within her self.
Cyrus 18 years ago
She seemed to calm for a moment which gave him hope that he may be able to pry more infromation out of her. With her rhetorical question he simply nodded, willing her to understand.

Then it all started to slide back into panic. The staccato sound allerted him that he was drumming his fingers on the table, his patience almost at an end. Why was it, he coul sit still as a stone while hunting, but people made him impatient.

"Shapeshifting is generally an older skill. So it would take you centuries to learn how to shift, you will not change at all against your will." He kept the low, calm authorative tone as he replied to her last question.

How to explain that he had expected her to be on the other side of the hedge and thus would not have seen him stalking about. Finding a reason as to why he shifted in front of her would be harder as he did not even know why he had done so. Probably the shock of seeing her come out of the blending. He fought with himself as he pried his hand off the table and ran it through his short hair.

"In this skin, I can still detect scents better, so I followed you that way. When I walked past the area and lost your scent I assumed you had jumped a hedge. So I shifted to pick the trail back up. What you may not realize is that you can blend in perfeclty to a background. Its a vampire skill."

This is where it got sticky he thought but continued on. "When you broke the blending I was quite shocked and wanted answers. I shifted then simply out of expediancy."

He was quiet, asking gently the questions he wanted answered and perhaps things she needed to speak of so they ceased to haunt her. "I had taken you for human. When exactly did he turn you? Do you remember where? Did he mention a clan or provide you with any information?"

His jaw snapped shut as he realized each question had brought forth more and more anger, hopefully not coloring his tone overmuch. Rubbing his hands on his thighs he waited for her to speak.
Fallon 18 years ago
Yet again he spoke calmly and rationally. Fallon was beginning to recognize Cyrus possessed a great deal of patience, and then chided herself. Of course he would have patience, he was a smart, logical man...as old as he was he would be required to have patience, to survive. Or so she thought, anyway.

It was a blessing to her to hear she wasn't going to wake up covered in fur, or stuck up in a tree somewhere, after having become a cat. That little bit of information allowed her to really begin to relax again. His words made so much sense...until he got to the part about her 'blending'.

"I blended in with the hedge? You mean it wasn't just my dark clothing, out in the dark maze? I now have the ability to look like what I'm standing in front of?"

There was a little skepticism in her question, but for the most part she figured everything he was saying was true. She could find no motivation for him to do otherwise.

She had to giggle softly, when he told her something she had done shocked him. That she could do anything remotely shocking was funny to begin with, but with someone as wise, and knowledgeable as Cyrus, it just seemed too out of character.

"Sorry, that just sounded a little funny to me."

The next thing he said gave her freedom to relax even more.

"I'm glad I don't have 'vampire' stamped on my forehead...I wasn't sure if I appeared differently afterwards. I had no one to ask, because I only met two people prior to...being turned. I looked the same to myself, in the mirror...but I'm not the most rational or objective person these days.

I have bitten twice, since leaving Panos, though I'm still a little fuzzy on the exact day it happened. And it was at his home...out off the highway. I doubt I could find it again. It was dark when I drove out, and when I drove back...and it's underground."

She explained what he asked, though part of her mind was still somewhat distracted by the blending issue.

"I think he said something about being clanless...but the way he said it, I seem to remember thinking it must have been something new for him. In fact...yes, he said there were three clans...one was a good clan, one was a stuck up clan, and the one he had been a part of was a bad one. But he had been removed from the bad one, and ... yes, he was now clanless, as was I. At the time I basically only heard that he was no longer part of something bad, and since that seemed good, I didn't worry anymore about it."

Remembering all that had happened that night, Fallon also recalled other things. Specifically, why she may have felt compelled to protect Panos. Though he had turned her, and hit her, his explanations were coming back more clearly, and making sense. He had reacted almost the same way Cyrus had...not in a truly evil or predatory manner...but one more of shock. Even if he had begun his assault on her at the marina, with the intention of making a meal of her, he had later been somewhat remorseful.

No. That was what she always did...make excuses. First Ted, and now Panos. She didn't deserve what he had done to her, and no amount of rationalizing was going to change that.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Even through his disgust at having not seen through her blending, he was pleased she could find the situation amusing. The small giggle was a step in the right direction. The miniscule shrug of his shoulders brushed off the joke at his expense.

Her fear at being 'different' angered him. Did this Panos tell her nothing, deny her guidance and toss her out the door?! Again the staccato beat of his fingers seemed to be the only thing betraying his patience running thin.

"You look quite normal and very human. Which of course is appropriate for two to three days old as a vampire." He was disappointed she did not have more information but from what he could piece together in his mind, he was lucky she could remember any of it. If this Panos chased her around the marina, forced her to drive out in the middle of no where, hurt her, bit her, drained her and after turning her, booted her out to find her own path, it was a miracle she showed any semblance of sanity.

The mention of being removed from the 'bad' clan made his lip curl. Just how bad must one be to get kicked from Tach. He shuddered at the implications. At least it could mean a younger vampire, since they seemed to catch the most of those.

"I wont fathom a guess as to which clans he labeled which. I am a member of Anantya, the oldest clan. Members generally do not mingle with humans as much as Evenhet does." That was a broad statement and somewhat untrue for him as he mingled enough to feed frequently. It would suffice for now at least.

"Guess this means you wont be letting me snack on you." He mumbled with a sigh. Just what the hell was he going to do with her now. Turning her over to Tacharan was out of the question. He could go to the Triad for assistance, or even just Mai. Though perhaps he could find this clanless Panos and remove him for the good of all vampires. The last thing they needed was a rogue terrorizing humans as a serial killer or psycho stalker.
Fallon 18 years ago
The drumming of his fingers on the table was mildly distracting, but in a way, also comforting. Fallon took the action to mean he was thinking, and took that to mean he was considering her situation.

Was there anything he could do to help her?

"Two to three days...what will I look like in two to three weeks...or months...or years?!"

That observation began to get her mind racing again. Though for someone as old as Cyrus, he still looked to be Fallon's age.

"Am I going to change again, some how? Cyrus...I've got questions, and with each answer more seem to pop up.

For instance, about the clans...what is their purpose, and how will I be effected not belonging to one. Does it mean anything to be turned by someone who is clanless...is it like a black mark against me? Can I join one if needed, even if Panos is no longer affiliated with one?"

The questions all sounded ridiculous to her ears, but she couldn't pass up this opportunity to find out as much as she could, no matter how it sounded to her.

His description of his clan didn't help with her questions, but she found it interesting.

"How was it you became a member of Anantya...was it the only one around, back when you were turned?"

If it was the oldest clan, and Cyrus was as old as he said, that would make sense.

When he finally sighed and spoke of feeding on her, a quick look passed over her face. As if a lightbulb had been turned on.

"You said you thought I was human...was this 'date' to have been more for you?

Oh god Cyrus, were you going to feed on me as well?"

And here she had thought he was truly being friendly, while all the time he was just preparing her.

Angry, once again, Fallon stood up and marched over to the farthest place in the room, from where he still sat.

"Is this really fates way of telling me I'm doomed to suffer at the hands of all men?! Because if it is, I might as well just take myself down to some shady corner of Nachton, and start selling it. If there's no way I'm going to be able to get myself off of this carousel, why should I keep trying? Believe me, I know life isn't fair, but surely I can get a break somewhere?"

It was too much. Self pity angered her under most circumstances, but she really was just so tired of making the same apparent mistakes, even when she thought she was doing everything in her power to accomplish just the opposite. It stood to reason, if a person got knocked down enough times, eventually they would just stay down...right?

Her future seemed to be an exercise in nothing but futility now.
Cyrus 18 years ago
He shook his head as she babbled on about changing. "No you will not change physically. You body will constantly maintain you the way you were at the time of changing. You wont age, get fat, loose weight or grow longer hair. Don't worry."

At her interest in clans he took that to be a good sign. If she wanted to know how to become a member or even associate with other vampires that was a step towards accepting her life now.

"I joined Anantya because it was all I knew. I stumbled upon them in China and never regretted it. Though I mostly live solitarily on my estates and in my jungle." There was no way to explain that as a leopard he could cope more with the lack of vampire company because he had a feline pack. Maybe she would not ask questions about just how much time he spent in his other form.

Cyrus realized he had hurt her with his comment about feeding from her. Of course she had not realized that was his goal, but he was quite tactless to mention it.

"Have I hurt you or even touched you inappropriately? Cut me some slack, I did not even do anything! You cant condem me for thinking about it. Besides most find it very enjoyable." Crossing his arms over his chest he slouched down, pouting. Every woman he had set up as a mistress thought his feeding was simply him making love to her. She passed out in blissfull contentment while he felt satisfied. The gnawing hunger generally forced him to have a multitude of these women who would gladly spend her evening with him.

"Ok, I admit I had an ulterior motive, but I would not have hurt you. Most men would have been thinking of getting in a womans pants." He sulked, like a child denied a treat until he realized that she probably had done something similar.

"You fed off the convenience store girl! Am I so wrong for trying to build up a friendship with you and make things enjoyable?" This was the wrong thing to say he knew, but it wounded his pride to have her thinking he was a monster like her husband or Panos.
Fallon 18 years ago
Once again he seemed to have the correct words to soothe her worries. Another vampire trait that the movies seemed to have gotten correct...she'd not only never grow old, but she'd never have any of the other physical things to worry about either...no lung cancer, no chirrosis of the liver...

"So...if I cut my hair, it will remain short...or it will grow back to the length it is now and stop growing?"

It was a petty question, but she was throwing them out as they came to her, and it had occurred to her that since she had just had a waxing at the spa the day before, now she'd never have to worry with that again. Ha! Something positive.

"Then...could I join Anantya too? Do they have...offices? Is there some test I would need to take...or could you refer me? I'm guessing it is better to belong to a clan, than not? And if it's all the same, I'd rather not be associated with any clan Panos might have belonged to, even if they had the sense to boot him out."

Hearing she could continue to live in her little apartment, even if she belonged to a clan, had made it seem even that much more appealing. She was curious to know about his living in the jungle, but anything having to do with him as a cat, was a bit too abstract for her to deal with, at the moment.

"I'm sorry...I apologize, really. Cyrus, you have been very much the patient gentleman with me, and I can't tell you what that means to me."

She saw the hurt little boy look change his face, and she had to pinch herself to stop from giggling. But her apology was sincere, and not patronizing in the least. His next comment put her right back on the defensive.

"Most men?! And just what is so wrong with me that you don't find me appealing?"

She moved to the mirror in the room, and looked herself over. She wasn't Angelina Jolie, but she thought she was better than average. It bothered her to think he wasn't attracted to her...until she again woke up to the fact that that was just silly. But she waited for an answer just the same.

"I guess there really isn't much difference between you and I, and Alyssa and I...though, I never sought to befriend Alyssa. I don't want to know people I'm feeding from. It's bad enough I have to take something from someone...something I know damn well they would never just hand over, if I asked."

Now it was her turn to sigh. At least she wasn't feeling sorry for herself anymore. Cyrus had managed to shame that from her, for the moment anyway.

"Is it different for everyone? How we react? Do we all get this...yearning...gnawing...incessant nagging inside, when we need to feed? I've already found there is a difference in blood...the first night I fed from a..."

And before the word left her mouth, she remembered...the kitten. And now she was going to tell Cyrus...a leopard...that she had fed from what...one of his kin?

The idea struck her funny, just as soon as she thought it. Humans were her kin...or used to be...and they both fed from them without concern. Now she was worried about a kitten...except...she had killed the kitten.
Cyrus 18 years ago
"You can cut your hair but it will return to its length that it was when you were turned. So if you shaved your legs that morning, you may never have to do that again!"

Her question about offices amused him. It must be time for a lesson on the differences between clans. "There are three clans as you know. Anantya is the oldest and the most private of the three. Evenhet broke off in the 800s if I recall correctly. They work for and with humans at their company Meridian. Supposedly they have a lot of pull with the architectural and historical societies in Nachton. Tacharan is the rogue group and the one that removed Panos. I believe it is comprised mainly of young vampires or ofspring of one now gone elder. Should you wish to join one I believe you simply need to speak to them about it. I realize I am biased but I prefer Anantya and would gladly take you and speak to them on your behalf."

Cocking his head to the side he blinked at her. She thought because he said 'most men' that he did not find her attractive. How strange women were. "I think you are very attractive, unfortunately my, hunger is generally stronger than, well, I must constantly find more. Its my problem that has nothing to do with how beautiful and attractive you are."

Thankfully she did make the connection he had wanted her to see. That they must feed or die. He gently patted the couch before taking the far chair, hoping she would sit down so they could continue discussing this calmly. The mention of the gnawing hunger struck a chord.

"My first and worst flaw was noticable within a few months of my turning. My maker passed it on to me which is why I have chosen to never turn another. I am insaitably thirsty. There is never enough to satisfy the hunger, for once I feed it is still there begging for the next."

He shrugged, it was simply the way he was and he had lived too long to know any other way. "What you are feeling now is the thirst of a new vampire. As I said, it will lessen in time. Very old vampires can go months on a very small amount."

"I do not believe the flaw in me is very common, thus you will probably not have it. When I live in my other form, I normally eat the wildlife or a rare poacher. This form, I simply have a multitude of contacts that I can make a 'date' with and seduce them out of what I need. They have fun and call me up in about three weeks."
Fallon 18 years ago
"If you think it wise I belong to a clan, then yes, I would appreciate the favor. I...until I learn more, and become less intimidated by my lack of grace with this new life I'm to lead, I think it will do me best if you would present me to whoever I need to speak to at Anantya."

Another question.

"Do they accept anyone, just for asking? I can't imagine what it would feel like to be rejected by a clan."

However, she guessed she could come close to imagining it. And that might truly push her over the edge...to not find acceptance in this new world of hers.

She walked back over to the couch, and sat down again, glad to see he had moved off the uncomfortable looking table and into a chair.

It helped to know that he didn't find her unappealing as well, as inane as that seemed to be. That one small concession was again made less than important as Cyrus talked about his 'flaw'.

"Oh wonderful...should I then assume any flaws Panos has, I'll have as well? And this blending thing...is that the extent of whatever skills I have, as a vampire...did I get that from Panos too?"

She felt bad for Cyrus...never feeling satisfied. She guessed he must deal with it in varying degrees, and likened it to someone who was too poor to ever be really full. There were worse ways to feel, it seemed to her.

"I simply have a multitude of contacts that I can make a 'date' with and seduce them out of what I need. They have fun and call me up in about three weeks."

"That sounds a little like having a private stock...I'm glad it works for you, but I still don't know that I could maintain anything like that."

Yet just days ago she never would have thought she could do what she was now doing to survive either.

Time would tell.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Happy with her choice in clans, he agreed with a nod. "I can take you there whenever you have time or I can arrange a meeting which may be best. Honestly I have been in the clan so long I do not recall the proceedure to join nor how they deal with clanless looking to be accepted into the fold."

Unfortunately talking of his flaw made her worry about her own. This was not something he could make better for her but perhaps he could console her. "Being so young will give you probably only one flaw. Its just a matter of realizing what it is."

"At my age" he continued with a shakey hand on an imaginary cane, the other on his lower back as he sat forward in the chair. "I have several. The excessive force is simply the worst. I learned to hide my large fangs centuries ago."

With that comment he grinned widely, pulling his lips away from his teeth. The fangs were prominent, never going away like every other vampire. He quickly stopped so she would not panic. She would not know any better if he did not tell her of his last flaw. "I also have more abilities than simply changing shape. If you are curious we can go over what things are possible."

He simply shrugged a shoulder at her refusal of cultivating a crop of food. It was simply a matter of expediacy. "I feed at least once, sometimes three times a night. It can be time consuming to find likely donors who will not mind my advances and have a private place to feed. Its easier to have a familiar helping me gather a small list of likely people who do not mind my attention once or twice a month. I treat each of them well and leave them all thinking they just had the most wonderful experience."
Fallon 18 years ago
To her mind it was now agreed. He would make whatever arrangements were needed, and she would apply to join the Anantya clan. God help her if they turned her down.

She laughed and shook her head when he acted the old man. Any reference she had made to his age was with regard to his experiences, definitely not to his look. When he mentioned his fangs, her hand went automatically to her mouth.

"Mine aren't obvious now, right? They won't get bigger, will they?"

Hiding what she was had already been challenging enough, she didn't want to think of adding something else to the list. There was just so much to know...if she wasn't getting hungrier with the passing time, she might have come up with other things to worry over.

"I know I'm probably not much of a test, but I never noticed them. I would guess they could be felt though...should you kiss someone?"

It was just an idle curious meandering...she wasn't offering anything. Yet. Besides, he had as much said his hungers were directed in other areas.

"Of course I want to know, if you don't mind showing me. Cyrus, I've been going half insane with the need for information. Please...don't stop now."

Each time he mentioned his 'donors' it did sound easier, but Fallon had yet to be convinced it was the way she wanted to live her life.

"What would happen if I was unable to feed?"

It was not anything she ever wanted to be faced with, but she couldn't see the future...anything was possible.

"And if I happened to come across another vampire, and not recognize them...what would happen if I bit them?"
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Your fangs are fine." He was quick to reassure her as her hand flew to her own mouth. Though he did feel a quick heat to his cheeks at her next few comments. He covered his embarassment with a cough.

"I find that most people dont realize just what they have in front of them even when they feel it. Plus I tend to be overly agressive as a kisser, never giving a partner a chance to find them."

He left it at that. Of course her next comment of showing her almost knocked him out of the chair. He cursed Panos for tormenting this woman. If he had to track down the clanless vamp he would to extract the same pain and suffering he foisted upon Fallon. She had done nothing to deserve the torment, first of him chasing her then turning and releasing her.

"You are strong Fallon, don't worry. The will to live is what made you come to Nachton. I am sure you will be able to feed. The fact that you already have two or three times is proof enough."

The question of biting a fellow vamp was sticky. He simply did not spend enough time with others to know the answer. Though he could consider some of it common courtesy.

"I honestly do not know what would happen. If you had taken a bite of me I would have been quite surprized. Though my blood may give you quite a rush since I am older."

That was actually an answer to a different question. But he wondered if he could tie himself to her like that, or if she would even agree. With a slight shrug he continued.

"If you find you cannot feed from humans I think I may be able to help. You could try to feed from me and since I am already getting so much per night from my network, it should not make a difference to me."
Fallon 18 years ago
Though he misunderstood her words, his answer so overwhelmed her, she actually began to cry.

The crying was stupid. She rarely did it in fact, always trying to be strong, or just withdrawing when strength did her no good.

But here he was, offering to let her feed from him.

She got up quickly off the couch, and moved over to hug him, with her arms around his neck.

"Cyrus! That has to have been the nicest thing anyone has ever said or offered to me."

She leaned away from him to see his face, and cupped his cheek in her hand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself well. I know I CAN feed...you're right, I've done it three times now...but what I was asking was...what would happen if for some reason I couldn't get out to feed one night. I don't know...say I got locked in the basement, and couldn't get out?

But dear, sweet Cyrus...thank you for putting yourself on the line for me. I will never forget that."

And she wouldn't either. If he ever needed anything from her, even her own blood, new and weak as it might be, she would be there for him.

She sat down on the floor at his feet, and rested her chin on his knee.

"I don't suppose you have any males in that harem of yours?"

She asked, only half seriously. She really was beginning to feel the pangs.