Evening Walk (attn Fallon)

The plush Denali delivered them smoothly to the entrance of the gardens. As they pulled to a stop, Cyrus opened the door and held out his had for Fallon. The driver would park discretely some distance away but keep an eye out for them.

The night air was cool and the garden entryway sparkled in the lamplight. All in all, a pretty romantic and beautiful spot. Running his tongue over his fang he was happy he had just fed, so that he was not overly forceful in his hunger.

Fallon 18 years ago
The ride in the car couldn't have seemed more elegant to Fallon. This vehicle made her little Rav look pitiful. But seeming pitiful was apparently Fallon's lot in life, and though she knew when she saw better, she wasn't overly envious. She had gotten used to her station in life years ago, and now just appreciated when things changed for the better, even if only momentarily.

As she slid out of the car, holding Cyrus' hand, she was assailed with the scent of winter, and she smiled. Not only was the air clean, crisp, and cold, but it was infused with what was still awake in the garden, this time of year. The pine trees seemed to emit the strongest scent, but there were some other, sweeter smells mingling within. She just wasn't that familiar with fauna, to be able to identify them.

Walking into the garden, she couldn't resist doing a short spin. Having no real cares had given Fallon such a sense of freedom, that when coupled with her excitement for being where she was now just seemed to want to push out of her body.

"Oh Cyrus! It's lovely here. I can't wait to see it in the spring, but even now, with winter having robbed most of the plants of their leaves and flowers, it still has a somewhat magical feeling about it. Come, show me it all."

And with that she held out her hand, and waited for him to catch up to her.

"Tell me, do you bring all your dates here?"

It was another attempt at flirting, the teasing, but also another thing Fallon wasn't too adept at. The words sounded easy, but still foreign to her ears. She was curious to know if he had brought other women here though, and if he had found it a 'successful' endeavor. Fallon wasn't so stupid as to not think he must have some kind of agenda, for asking her out. It was a little perplexing though, since he hadn't tried anything with her yet. Though she had never dated much at all, when she had, she remembered how they all seemed to involve grabbing and groping at some point.

Not that she was adverse to sex, but she still had - somewhere in the far recesses of her memory - ideas about princes, and white horses, and castles. Realism had pushed those thoughts down very deep though, and she rarely visited them anymore.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus trailed behind Fallon, watching her exuberance. The spin was interesting, as it flared her coat out and looked like she greatly enjoyed it. The garden in winter did look amazing even if over half of the plants were dormant. The cold night made surfaces sparkle under the artistically arranged lamp posts.

An odd feeling had crept upon him. It was almost as if he was feeling playful, which was quite unusual for him. Rather than stop and analyze the feeling he smiled and took her hand.

"I have not been here in the winter, so we must discover it together."

He almost laughed at her flirtatious question. The young woman had some spunk!

"I must say, this is a first for me. Though if this works out well, I may have to try it again." The first was said seriously, but the last was quite a poor impression of Groucho Marx. He put on a very fake leer and wiggled his eyebrows at her. This playful feeling was fun he decided.

The pathway curved and wound its way deeper into the garden. Evergreen hedges led to a small maze in one direction. A fountain, silent and still in the cold sat in another. While an arbor with pine boughs lead to benches and small decorative stone area surrounded by vines now dormant. It was amazing, and must be fantastic in the spring. He would have to make a point to come back then.

"Shall we wander through the hedges or view the fountain? Though there should be seating straight ahead if you like."
Fallon 18 years ago
Though he was taller than she, she took his hand and reached over his head, to give him a bit of a spin as well, wanting him to feel what she felt.

Fallon laughed at the impression Cyrus did. She liked this funny side of him, and hoped he kept it around. It was much easier to relate to someone being silly, than being serious. Certainly when a person wasn't sure of their own feelings enough to feel comfortable being pensive.

She did stick her tongue out at him, most unladylike, when he kidded about bringing other women here. Fallon was enjoying herself very much, but had no designs on anything binding with Cyrus. Yet she still didn't want to hear about him and other women, when they were in each other's company. But she also knew he was kidding, and therefore the tongue.

The heels she wore, she found, were surprisingly unfettering, and she continued moving as if on air, as they walked.

"I'd like to keep moving for a bit. I'm afraid it might be a bit cold to just sit, for now. Though I'm not sure I want to walk 'through' the hedges."

She gave him an odd look at the suggestion. Was it not to be taken literally? Because to do so literally would most assuredly ruin her clothes.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus chuckled quietly at her attempt at making him spin like she did. He went along with it to make her happy. Somehow he just did not see a purpose or reason to chase ones own tail.

His chuckle grew louder at her response to his joke. He could not recall anyone other than children sticking their tongues out. She definately amused him.

"Should you get too cold there is an interesting museum close by." He hoped to reassure her that this was supposed to be fun, not uncomfortable.

"Actually the hedges are laid out in a maze, quite an english thing to do. But it is so you can walk through the maze and see the wide array of plants on display. Though it could be here just to give children something to play hide and seek in." His driver had mentioned the maze as her favorite place to bring her nephews who did just that.
Fallon 18 years ago
"Hide and seek?!"

As long as Fallon kept moving, she wouldn't get cold. It was standing around in one spot that made her start to shiver.

"When was the last time you played hide and seek, Cyrus? Do you think you could find me, in this hedge maze?"

Now she understood what he meant by walking 'through' the hedges...literally, he meant walking around them, but through the maze. She really had to leave the English teacher behind when not in school, she decided.

The thought of playing hide and seek tickled her. She would have never suggested anything so frivolous to Ted, and under most circumstances probably wouldn't have suggested it to Cyrus either. But tonight...tonight she was feeling alive, and as free as the owl, that took that time to fly off the nearby tree, and sail over their heads.
Cyrus 18 years ago
His brow arched up dramatically at the thought of him having to play hide and seek. Though, if the thought about it, he often hid from others, not that people were seeking him per se, but he just hid out of habit.

"I am just passing along the information as I was told. Supposedly six year old boys find this maze facinating."

They were at the entrance to the hedge maze, which was tall but perhaps not quite tall enough to keep them from seeing eachother by simply looking. At the thought of stalking Fallon he grinned very predatorily. "I fear I would have the advantage in that game."

Cyrus did not need to shift to track her down. He could smell her soap, and the scent of wool was also noticable. Though mentioning that may embarass her while making her question his slightly better than human scent. Thank goodness she was not wearing an orange scent, he quite disliked that smell.
Fallon 18 years ago
She wasn't sure if his comment was meant as a reprimand to her, for suggesting something only a young child would care to do, or if he just didn't want to play that particular game.

Letting go of his hand, she moved a foot or so to his side, and began walking half sideways, to see him better. She put her hands into her coat pockets, when she figured out his hand had been keeping her's warm.

"Oh you do, do you...think you'd have the advantage?"

Having lived with a maniacal abuser for the past four years, Fallon had picked up a great deal of knowledge about hiding, and being 'unseen'. She truthfully thought she had some kind of strange gift, as she had grown so adept at not being seen, if she hadn't wanted to be.

Not thinking beyond the moment, Fallon ran up to the entrance to the maze, and pulled off her shoes. She dropped them just inside the hedge, removed her coat, rolled her purse into it, and laid the bundle neatly on the ground.

"Okay Mr. Smarty Pants...let's see you find me. And though it may not be much incentive, lets say if you find me in ten minutes, I'm your's to bid...if I elude you, the same applies, only in reverse?"

Again her plan wasn't terribly thought out, but she couldn't imagine him forcing her to do something truly heinous. The trick would be in trying to figure out what he could do for her.

She waited just a second, and then ran off into the hedge. She kept herself crouched low, to avoid him being able to glimpse her head. Wearing all black was a coup on her part, as she found if she stood very still, and quiet in a corner of the hedge, she did become almost invisible. After winding her way around for a bit, she found an area of the hedge that seemed almost hollowed out, like an alcove. It was here that she pressed herself into, and began quieting her breathing.

Now, the wait, and hopefully he wasn't still standing outside the maze waiting for her to return. For if he was, he'd be there awhile. Fallon had a great deal of stamina, when she needed it.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus stiffled a laugh hoping not make her feel like he was laughing at the suggestion. When she made the proclaimation an raced off he realized she really ment it. Unable to do more than sigh, he realized he had played this game before as a youth when animals wandered off. He mumbled and shruged. "Well, she is cuter than a yak."

Walking casually through the maze he did not try to mask how his nostrils flared to take in all the scents. The pine was nice and the crisp air seemed to amplify everything. He wished someone had emptyed the trash can up near the entrance.

Her scent of soap and wool was in the maze, not yet permeating the whole area, so he followed the path it took. Somehow he did not see her. The scent simply stopped after a while. This confused him greatly. Either she crawled under the hedge which he highly doubted or she was hiding a different way.

His frustration rising he found a very dark corner with no scent lingering, and shifted form. Silently he padded back to the last corner that had scent. His golden eyes reflected in the dark, picking up every branch and needle, but no Fallon. He noticed a dark alcove tucked out of the way and inspected the darkness.

It smelled like Fallon, he thought as he slowly crept forward. But he could not see her. The only thing he knew that could do that was someone highly trained or a blending vampire. Somehow he doubted she was a highly trained ninja.

Slowly the cat padded closer, head cocked to one side, sniffing. The scent of wool tickled his nose and his tail twitched.
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon refrained from giggling only by sheer willpower and
concentration, which was made even more difficult by her concentrating on
blending into the hedge. Though before she was turned she had been able
to blend into the background of her home, and thus avoid beatings on
occasion, it was much different then, than it was now.

Then she had just moved very quietly, and stayed as far from Ted's line of
vision as possible. Now, though she wasn't fully aware of it herself, she
had actually appeared to become part of the hedge itself. The only
inkling she'd had of this knowledge, was when Cyrus had walked right by
her and not seen her. Though she knew her black clothes helped tremendously, more than that was going on with her.

When he passed, she was tempted to run in the opposite direction.
However, she had already fooled him once, and to turn and run might alert
him to the sound. So she remained where she was. That is until she saw
what she thought she imagined to be a huge cat. Which was exactly what it turned out to be...a freaking HUGE cat. Though it wasn't just an abnormally huge house cat...it looked more like some sort of smallish leopard...all brown and gray spots. If Fallon hadn't been frozen in place before, she surely would have been then.

The cat sniffed, and walked towards her with a purpose. Again Fallon's fear wasn't for her life, but having stubbed her toe earlier, she knew even vampires felt pain. Granted, it had been just a small bit of pain, hardly registered at all, and she had learned a while back how to shut some pain out of her mind. She had to think being attacked by a cat of this size would still not be something she'd relish.

Keeping quiet and unmoving had no effect on deterring the cat's attentions...still it progressed. When it finally pressed it's nose against her coat, and almost into her crotch, she broke, and moved. Her movements weren't jerky, but slow, and cautious.

"Shoo! Scat! Go away cat!"

A game would have been fun, but this no longer was.

"Cyrus! Come here please. Quickly, but carefully...I think I'm about to be pounced on by the world's most fuckingly huge cat!"

She didn't shout. She wasn't in the mood to startle the cat into action. So instead she whispered, as loudly as she could. She also forgot her vocabulary, as she was want to do when scared. Being a teacher, and around young adults, she always wanted to appear the proper role model, but when she got scared, all bets were off.

"Cyrus?"

Surprised that he hadn't come running, Fallon wondered where he had wandered off to, and when he was going to get his ass back there!
Cyrus 18 years ago
The leopards tail twitched at the close scent of wool and Fallon. The utter surprize he felt when the brunette just appeared froze him. This was not something he had expected. He thought she had snuck through the hedge to the other side, when in fact she had simply blended into the plants. It was simply no possible.

It was her 'shoo'ing of him that motivated him to move. Three cautious steps backwards were all he took, which effectively blocked her exit. Resisting the urge to drag his claws down any nearby tree, Cyrus contemplated what to do. Should he shift there and confront her, run away and return as a human or wait for her to do her trick again.

The indecision disgusted him. With a kernel of doubt in his mind about her, he decided to shift and find out just what was going on. If for some reason he was mistaken about her, he would simply kill her and frame the dirtbag husband. He licked his nose, exposing his long teeth that looked like something a sabertooth cat would have.

With a shake of his fur he shifted back into his human skin. Golden eyes wide, taking in every movement. He crossed his arms and arching his brow.
"Care to explain that little trick. Though I suppose this could be a 'I'll show you mine, if you show me yours' deal."
Fallon 18 years ago
Trying to keep one eye on the cat, and another looking for Cyrus, Fallon almost didn't see what happened.

But she had seen it. She had seen the cat back off, and before she could run, it started moving...in a very odd way.

"Cyyyyy!!!"

Her voice began as a wail, and trailed off into nothing, when before her stood the object of her search.

"Holy mother of god..."

Completely taken aback, caught off guard, blown away...however you were to put it, Fallon's mind snapped, and she charged into Cyrus with as much force as she could muster. As soon as her body hit his she began slowly pummeling him with her fists, crying out at the same time.

"No no no no no....this can't be happening...I've lost my mind now, I'm sure of it...I'm truly, and rightly mad! What is this place, who are you people...what did I do to deserve this??"

Amidst her cries, she still hit him, but also half collapsed against him in shock.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Well he expected a response but not that. Somewhere in the back of his mind he must have known she may become hysterical but he figured there was more of a chance of her simply blending back in to hide.

He did not move as she rushed and flailed her fists upon his chest. Listening to her complaints simply confused him a bit more. He determined to get to the bottom of what had happened to her. Her reference to 'you people' convinced him that she had experienced something much worse recently.

He gently encircled her wrists between the fingers of his right hand, pulling them snugly against his chest. He then wrapped his arm around her shoulders and spoke calmly and quietly.
"Its ok. Nothing is your fault and you are not mad. Let me help. Its easy to understand. Just calm down. Lets sort this out in the car, there are other people in the garden. It will be ok."

He slowly coaxed her towards the entrance of the garden and the car. If for nothing else they could talk in the warmth of the back seat and let the driver stand in the cold. At best he could sit her down in his suite and find out just what had happened to her and by whom. He half carried her with his stength and half moved her with his telekinesis the direction he wanted them moving in.
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon had dissolved, into an almost completely boneless mass. She would later suffer some confusion over her reaction, since she thought she had been doing so well with all the changes around her...and within her.

But for now she allowed Cyrus to calmly take control of the situation, and lead her to the car. In reality, she didn't allow him to do anything, for to do that would have meant she had some control over herself...and that was far from the case.

A part of her mind was lucid enough to understand she was allowing a 'cat man' to lead her along, but that part was very small. The larger part of herself was hurting too much to do anything but block out anything aside from her need for comfort.

She moved as if mindless, and sat down in the car...staring ahead...shaking slightly...seemingly oblivious to anything.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus helped her sit down on the plush seat where she seemed to sit as if in shock. He looked forcefully at the driver and mouthed 'Piazza' and hoped she got it. Now if he could just get her inside his suite without causing too much ruckus, all could be explaied. Though first she had to snap out of it. There were many questions just waiting for her to answer. And she would, before she left him.

Questions aside he slid closer too her and wrapped his arms around her as if she was a child. Comforting her the only way he knew how. By promising everything would be fine, he would make it so.
"Its ok. Everything will be ok. I promise to make it ok. Dont worry. Once we are safe we will talk this through and everything will be explained."

The large black car moved swiftly through the night straight to the hotel.

((ooc out to the Piazza))
Fallon 18 years ago
Someone was talking, of that she was aware. She just wasn't understanding the words. Instead of actual syllables, and vowel sounds, all she heard was a loud buzzing.

Resting her head against his chest, Fallon had gone to her hiding place again. The place she went to when Ted would beat her...the place she went to when Panos had taken her. It was the one place she could start to heal her mind, and not let the pain interfere. With Cyrus there was no physical pain, as there had been with Ted and Panos...but the mental and emotional pain was sometimes greater.

Curling her legs up on the seat, she would later realize she had left her shoes inside the maze. For now she was just trying to keep warm.

(out to the Piazza)