More Firsts (Attn:Cyrus)

Her eyes opened before the alarm went off, and Fallon stretched lazily. It took her only a second or two to remember where she was, and that this was going to be a huge day for her. Or night, rather.

Today she was checking out of the Piazza, and into her new apartment. Plus...she had a DATE! Or at least she hoped Cyrus wouldn't bail on her. She had really enjoyed talking to him earlier, and was thinking maybe there was a possibility he could become and even 'better' friend, if she had the time to get to know him.

She also had to call the YMCA, or the Parks and Recreation department of the city, to see if they might have any program openings for her line of teaching. In fact, she thought that would be her number one priority, and quickly sat up to get the phone book from the nightstand drawer. Not knowing what hours they were open, the longer she waited the less chance she might have in actually speaking to anyone.

Much to her delight, someone answered on the second ring.

'Nachton Parks and Recreation, how may I assist you?' The voice on the other end of the phone sounded about eighty, and bored. Fallon didn't care.

"Yes, I'm calling to inquire about any job openings you might have?"

'Let me connect you to Human Resources. *click*

Audra speaking, may I help you?'

"Yes, I'm calling to see if you might be in need of a teacher to handle any English classes for foreign students? Or any other types of classes, I'm fully accredited and new to Nachton."

Surprisingly, there were two openings Fallon sounded qualified for, and she set up appointments to come in the next evening. The office hours were until 8pm, so they would be able to see her without any difficulty.

She thanked 'Audra', and hung up the phone. Jumping back onto the bed, Fallon grabbed a pillow, and shrieked into it, before she stood up and started actually jumping on the mattress. What brought her back to her senses was the sight of her nude body bouncing in the mirror across from the bed.

As a fit of giggles hit, she jumped off the bed, and ran around the room grabbing up everything that was hers and shoving it into a large duffle bag. She then pulled her suitcases from the closet, and began packing her clothes, with the exception of what she would be wearing tonight.

A quick shower, and she began dressing for her date. The way her luck was running, she didn't doubt she would be able to find suitable feeding material later. The only kink in that plan would be in working it around her date. Next time she would plan future dates, taking that into consideration.

Among her almost pitiful wardrobe, Fallon had two really 'dressy' outfits.
One was a smart black cocktail dress, which she had worn to dinner the other night, and the second was a pair of black satin slacks, a matching top with a very low cowled neckline, that exhibited the swells of her breasts nicely, and was topped off with a black velvet jacket. Because she was going to be visiting 'gardens', the satin slacks outfit was her choice. Everything else was packed up, and set by the door.

Her hair she twisted into a casual upsweep, pinned with three rhinestone bobby pins, leaving a couple tendrils curling around the sides of her face. Her makeup was kept to a bare minimum, with just a bit of eye shadow, mascara, and gloss. Her skin was still flawless, and she was proud of it, as well as thankful thankful Ted had never scarred it.

Going to the mini bar, she allowed that this would be her last hurrah, and took out one of the small bottles of rum, which she promptly poured into a can of diet Pepsi. Now to wait, and hope her luck was holding.

Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus had uncurlled himself from the bed just before sunset. Within minutes he was clean and dressed. His brown chamois leather pants were dark but soft and supple. The bronze silk t-shirt was tucked into the pants but the matching silk button down shirt was not. Once he slipped on his black leather boots and jacket he was out the door of his suite.

Within a few minutes he was at Sherry's apartment. She was one of the contacts Suki had gotten him and he met with her every few weeks, her for the pleasure, him for the food. She had no idea that he was drinking her blood, just that it was a good time. In thirty minutes he was back outside on the street, fresh from the small shower he used to clean up in. Sherry was passed out in the bed, satiated.

As he waited for his driver, he reached into his jacket for his cell phone. Fallon's number was programed in and began to ring.
Fallon 18 years ago
She had been looking out the window, at the night sky, when the phone by the bed ran. She hadn't been waiting long, but she must have been thoroughly engrossed in the gorgeous stars, for the noise caused her to jump a little.

Carefully walking to the other side of the bed, she sat down and answered.

"Hello?"

She wasn't sure if she had imagined it or not, but she thought maybe she could hear her heart beating. Or maybe it was just the blood rushing through her veins. She had never noticed it before, and it gave her a bit of a scare. So many things she still didn't understand.

"Cyrus?"

She didn't expect to be hearing from anyone else, so she thought it was safe to assume the caller was him.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus was amused that she answered the ring just as his driver arrived. The sharply dressed girl had parked in the street and come around to open the door for him.

"Good evening Fallon, its Cyrus." He said into the phone as he climbed into the back seat of the large vehicle. Looked like todays ride was a Denali, good good. The driver was listening as he spoke to Fallon so he gave her the information she needed.

"What time could I come pick you up at the Piazza for our trip to the Vesper Gardens?"

He almost laughed at the drivers half bow as she shut the door and made her way to the drivers seat to take him to the Piazza. If Fallon gave him a waiting time he was sure he could find something in the bar to drink.
Fallon 18 years ago
"Hello!"

And now...to play coy and let him wait, or just go downstairs. Fallon really was green at this, but went with her instinct.

"I'm afraid I'm as ready as you're going to get. Shall I wait for you in the lobby, or would you care to come upstairs for a drink first? I've got a pretty well stocked mini bar."

She smiled into the phone. It was so nice to be able to invite someone to HER home, even if it was a hotel room, and not worry about Ted going off the deep end.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus thought she sounded excited. Be it regarding the drink or the date, he could not tell but both proved promising.

"That sounds great. I should be there in ten minutes. What room number shall I call upon?"

He was happy he had fed so that he was not overly pushy in trying to bite this one before he set up a regular tryst. Some things had to be done delicately, this was one of those things.
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon calmly gave him the room number, her eyes darting around to make sure everything looked presentable. She wished the maid had been by to make up the bed, but she would take care of that.

"I'm in room 4010, corner suite. I look forward to seeing you."

She would arrange to move her things after their date ended, and would hopefully not start feeling hungry till then either. This process of timing was really going to take getting used to, she realized.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Making his way into the hotel five minutes later brought a predatory gleam to Cyrus' eyes. The concierge bowed deeply as he passed by the desk. Apparently the man liked guests that stayed for months in pricy suites.

The elevator swiftly brought him to the proper floor and Fallon's door. He rapped smartly on it twice with his knuckle hoping she was not waiting overlong.
Fallon 18 years ago
To distract herself, and not appear overly eager, Fallon had resumed her perch on the window sill, overlooking the city lights. The knock at the door came sooner than she expected, but she calmly walked to it, looked through the peep hole, and grinned. The man did know how to wear his clothes.

Opening the door, she stepped back, to make room for his entrance. The suite she had was very nice, but not terribly large. When he entered, he was in the small sitting room that held a love seat, entertainment center with tv, table, and four chairs. The mini bar was in the entertainment center, and the door was still open. It appeared she had forgotten to close it when she made her earlier drink.

"Hello Cyrus, please, do come inside. Would you like to keep your jacket...what can I get you to drink...You look quite dashing this evening."

Her nerves were a lot more raw than she thought, as her questions sort of all ran together.

"I'm sorry, I guess I should give you a second or two to respond before I bombard you with more questions."

A small soft laugh finished her statement.
Cyrus 18 years ago
The brunette looked very beautiful in her black outfit, Cyrus noted as he entered the small room. It was not a very high priced suite, but nice enough to spend some days in he mused.

"Good evening Fallon, thank you for inviting me." He answered with a slight smiled that was somewhat indulgent.

"If you dont mind I will drape my coat over a chair, have a scotch and compliment you on your radiance. The dark satin suits you perfectly."

While he had not dressed up more than usual, it was nice that she thought him dashing. He rarely got that, people always called him predatory or eccentric. Personally, he loved his tailor and had great faith in the man's taste. The use of only natural fabrics and materials was deliberate. It made him feel closer to his own nature if he could not wear his own fur.

"I dont mind in the least if you continue on. I am yours this evening until 4 am, when I must be back in my Suite to recieve a fax."
Fallon 18 years ago
"Why, thank you."

Smiling at his compliment, she was glad she had chosen the satin slacks.

She reached into the mini bar and hunted until she found the scotch.

"I'm afraid they must stock the mini bar based on the cost of your suite. The only thing they have in here is Ballentines and J&B."

Fallon preferred a single malt, Glenlivet, or Chevis, if she was drinking scotch.

"Was that neat, or rocks?"

She took the top off the scotch and poured, handing him the glass, which she almost dropped at the mention of 4am. She didn't though, and doubted he would have seen that slight stumble.

"Cyrus, I'm afraid I'll need to cut the night a bit shorter than that. I've got to move my things to the apartment before morning."

She nodded towards her luggage, sitting near the door.

"And I need to thank you again. I have an interview tomorrow with the Department of Parks and Recreation. They have two openings for instructors, and I'm hoping they'll hire me for one. It would be such a relief to have that obstacle removed. As a true thank you, I'd like to invite you over for dinner...on me."

Fallon had just taken a sip of her rum and coke, when it occurred to her what she had said, and she stifled a short cough, as a result.

"I am a good cook." She quickly injected, trying to distract him from her flub.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus watched Fallon curiously. She appeared to be flustered slightly. Which could be caused by having a strange man in her small hotel room. He would not linger overlong before begining the viewing of the gardens.

"Neat is fine" Taking the glass from her hand he wondered how humans survived. His agility was so comfortable that he did not think about it any more. Stumbles or slight jiggling of glasses simply did not happen. Watchinig Fallon made him happy that he was thusly skilled.

"Of course you have to move in. How about we take my car so that we can return in enough time?" Somehow he figured she would refuse any offer of assistance he would make. Though having a cleaning company surprise her may be helpfull in setting the new home in order.

The news that she had an interview was good. That would keep her on his time schedule and give her something to do for several nights a week. He took a sip of the inferior scotch. Her invitation was intriguing.
"I would be honored to savor your cooking. Just let me know when you are settled."

A second sip an his glass was empty. The moon should be making the garden spectacular. "Shall we be off to the gardens? If you are ready of course"
Fallon 18 years ago
As they spoke, and she sipped the last of her drink, Fallon admired Cyrus. How different he was from Ted.

Aside from looks, Ted had almost always dressed like a slob, Cyrus had an air of authority, and confidence that Ted never had. While Fallon had obviously realized Ted's shortcomings years ago, she must have been too caught up in trying to stay away from his swinging arm, to really focus on just how sad, and pitiful he really was.
The men she had met in Nachton seemed to lack that disgusting trait, and she was even more sure now, that her decision to stay here was the right one.

Though there was still the issue of her having become a vampire, that she conveniently continued to skirt around, until it got to the point where it couldn't be avoided any longer.

"That would be fine, I'm sure you'd be more comfortable in your car anyway. My little Rav is good for me, and hauling things around town, but not quite stylish enough for one with such refined tastes, as yourself."

The image of Cyrus getting in and out of her car just didn't seem...right.

Once she had seen how she looked in her jacket, she had removed it and laid it across the bed, she now picked it up and slipped it on over her satin shell. She then picked up her wool coat, effectively destroying the look, as it was a pale pink wool, and had seen it's share of wear. But if they were to be touring the gardens, she knew her jacket wouldn't be sufficient. She hoped she didn't look too worn for Cyrus. There was nothing to be done though, except grin and bear it, and try not to draw undue attention to it.

"I'm definitely ready to see these gardens with you, Cyrus."

A small black purse in hand, Fallon smiled and walked towards the door. She had a split second of panic as she wondered if she would move aside and see if he would open the door for her, or if she should just open it herself. Had she been with anyone else, the thought wouldn't have even entered her mind.

'What the hell', she thought, and opened the door, holding it for Cyrus.

(ooc-out to the gardens?)
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Refined? No, perhaps spoiled is more the term. I enjoy good things but have made due with much less when the situation was different."

He slipped his leather coat back on carefully and watched Fallon put a very nice jacket on, then slip a heavy coat on. The pink and black went well together though the former was obviously worn.

She opened the door and he stood slightly behind her, gesturing for her to preceed him.

((OOC: Definately, Out to the Gardens.))