Changes (attn:Cyrus)

Fallon had to dial her phone three times before she got the number entered correctly. Whether it was her over abundance of energy, or just jitters from the thought of meeting up with Cyrus again, she didn't know.

For Fallon's life had changed so dramatically over the past month, and her arrival in Nachton. Every minute seemed to bring her change. Change in the way she saw her life, change in how she reacted to things, change in the types of things she became exposed to, as well as the number of people she kept meeting.

After being under Ted's thumb for so long, and living in fear of breathing wrong, she had come to want change. She just never fathomed it would be such a drastic change, and so life altering.

For want of a better place to be, she had driven back to the street where her little studio was, and parked in front of the house.

The phone rang...

Cyrus 18 years ago
Cyrus was standing in front of his kitchin cupboards admiring the stack of junk food next to the capers, pesto and gourmet pastas. The boxes still needed to be unpacked that had come over from his estate, but for now, those lived out of site until he could get some furniture to his tastes.

The small black phone on the kitchen counter vibrated, sending it slightly to the right as it shook itself on the granite. Noting the unknown number, he hoped it was Miss Fallon, not some solicitor.

"Hello. Cyrus speaking."
Fallon 18 years ago
As she listened to the ring, Fallon debated hanging up. This Cyrus man had been very nice, but she didn't know him. Ted Bundy had been nice too, to those women he'd killed. The connection between the serial killer's name, and Fallon's ex-husband hadn't been lost on her either. Cyrus...she didn't have any negative images to associate with that name. Maybe that was one reason she had decided to call him.

Besides...what could he do to her? Kill her?

"Hello, it's Fallon. I'm glad I didn't wake you. I wasn't sure if I was calling too late or not."

So many kept such late hours in Nachton. Fallon had to wonder how many, if any, were also vampires. For whatever reason, she didn't connect that thought to Cyrus though.

"I've finished up with the business I had to attend to, and really didn't want to go back to an empty hotel room just yet. I was thinking maybe we could meet somewhere for a hot buttered rum, or Irish coffee?

I know it's late though, so if you'd rather we did this another night, that would be fine as well."

She felt it necessary to give him an out, as it really was beyond the proprietary time to be arranging a date. Even one as innocuous as being just for a drink.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Listening too her voice she sounded powerful and self assured, but her words made him wonder if she was nervous. Of course she was probably nervous, even in this day and age women did not normally set up this sort of thing. His grin was wide, showing off his overly large fangs.

"Hi Fallon, thanks for calling me. Its not too late, as I am a bit of a night owl. Most of my business holdings are overseas, so I keep their hours in case I am needed." It was an old lie, told so many times, he himself had almost begun to believe it. While he did have some small businesses, he was the silent partner and almost never contacted.

"Either sounds great actually. Do you have any pubs in mind or shall I get a recommendation?"
Fallon 18 years ago
"I'll defer to you. I haven't been in Nachton long, and in the short time haven't gotten out much."

Though, if she thought back on it, what she had gone through, and who she had met in that short time, well made up for where she hadn't been.

"And directions from the convenience store would also be greatly appreciated."

Not wanting to give him too much personal information just yet, Fallon decided he didn't need to know where she would be living. The convenience store was a much better starting point, since she could get back there in minutes.
Cyrus 18 years ago
Thinking for a moment thinking of the places he had seen near the convenience store. Things slid into place as he recalled the numerous trips with his driver pointing out landmarks.

"There is a pub called Flannigan's two blocks towards the Piazza. Its down a side street just one building. You shouldnt miss the large neon sign."

Quickly caluclating the time it would take to have a driver come get him, he quickly decided to race there on his own and have a driver meet him later. "It will take me at least 15 minutes to get there, if you dont mind waiting."
Fallon 18 years ago
"Okay then. I'm pretty sure I know the general directions. I'll find it, and if not, I'll just call you back."

He certainly was accomodating. If Fallon had been a different woman she might have been flattered, but with her track record with men, she would remain skeptical for a while yet. A part of her still had a suspicion that there was more in this for Cyrus than she had yet agreed to.

"That's fine. I'll be inside, saving you a seat. But be careful. I would rather have you late than not at all."

Although why she would admit that to him, was beyond her comprehension. The man was a stranger! Though it appeared she was going to just keep forgetting that part.

She grinned to herself. This was nice...not worrying...not fearing what others might do to her. Another one of those changes...

"See you then."
Cyrus 18 years ago
"Thanks, see you there."

Flipping the thin black phone closed he slipped it into his jacket, that hung on the back of a chair. It was a pretty safe neighborhood, with no clanless activity reported. Deciding to risk it Cyrus slipped off two knives, the obvious ones out from under his shirt and pants waistband. Placing them carefully in the velvet lined case then into the false back of a cupboard. They would be safe here, consealed behind two walls and a small security system once he put the pantry back in place with a well placed push.

Swiftly smoothing down his clothes and putting his coat on, he exited via the french doors that opened to the garden. Behind his wall of blooming vines, he shifted. Racing through the night silently and swiftly, he found himself on the rooftop of the bar in 10 minutes.

Not too shabby for city crawling.

((ooc: Cyrus is out to the strip.))
Fallon 18 years ago
Fallon's phone snapped shut with an audible snap, and she dropped it into her jacket pocket. The car engine turned over quickly, and she made a quick U, to head in the direction Cyrus had given. It was eight minutes before she pulled up and parked in a spot just one door down from the bar.

Touching up her lip gloss, and running a brush quickly through her hair, she slipped out of the car, and walked up to the door of the establishment. One deep breath later, she had walked in.

(Fallon out, and to the strip.)